- This article is about the Bardock that appears in Dragon Ball Heroes from another dimension. For the mainstream Bardock that was formerly controlled by Towa and Mira in Dragon Ball Online, see Bardock.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Other Dragon Ball Stories
- 5 Power
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Video Game Appearances
- 8 Voice Actors
- 9 Battles
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
- 12 Site Navigation
During his debut as a Masked Saiyan, Xeno Bardock wears a Mask and Time Breaker Battle Armor.
When Xeno Bardock reappears during the Dark Empire Saga, he wears a black shirt with long sleeves underneath a black and green new battle armor. Interestingly, he retains the red shinguards, red wristlets and the red headband wore by the main timeline Bardock. In some arts, Bardock's red headband's lace appears bigger than the regular headband.
In the Super Bardock Saga, he is shown wearing the same Battle Armor, Scouter, and bloodstained bandana as his counterpart from The Father of Goku and Episode of Bardock prior to his abduction by the Dark Empire.
Xeno Bardock is similar in personality to his main timeline counterpart. Like his son Xeno Goku and grandsons Xeno Gohan and Xeno Goten, as well as his great-granddaughter Pan, he joins the Time Patrol and works under Chronoa, but due to his lone-wolf personality, he has yet to be shown interacting with any of his Time Patrol family (though he was a loving husband to his version of Gine). Similar to his counterpart and Raditz, Xeno Bardock is a proud Saiyan warrior and due to his experience of being controlled by the Dark Empire, he takes issue with Xeno King Vegeta working with them as the Dark-Masked King, to the point of confronting him personally, as well as appealing to the king's Saiyan pride to create a truce between them after achieving Super Saiyan 4, indicating a level of respect for the king and suggesting Xeno Bardock would rather see him free of his status as Mechikabura's underling. This creates a rivalry development between the two, not unlike the rivalry between their sons Goku and Vegeta, respectively. Xeno Bardock also avenges Xeno King Vegeta's death at the hands of Dark Broly by defeating Xeno Paragus' son using Xeno Trunks' Key Sword.
Despite the lack of interaction with his own Time Patrol family, Xeno Bardock has met with Xeno Trunks, having fought against him as Masked Saiyan before being freed by him. Bardock would later repay his debt to Trunks by holding off both Dark-Masked King and Xeno Paragus so Xeno Trunks and the rest of the Time Patrol could proceed further to stop Mechikabura from making his wish to Dark Shenron. Xeno Trunks seems to respect Xeno Bardock, as he is aware of his confrontations with and shared animosity towards Frieza and his wicked bloodline.
Not much is known about this incarnation of Bardock other than he comes from another dimension. The Super Bardock Saga in Dragon Ball Heroes suggests that he experienced the events of The Father of Goku like his counterpart, but was diverted by the Time Breakers after being sent to the past by Frieza's Supernova. Like Bardock in Dragon Ball Online, he is converted into a Time Breaker and becomes the Masked Saiyan.
Dragon Ball Heroes
Dark Demon Realm Saga
Main article: Dark Demon Realm Saga
In the manga, Xeno Bardock appears as the Masked Saiyan under Towa and Mira's control. When Chronoa and Xeno Trunks appear in their hideout, Towa has the Masked Saiyan attack Xeno Trunks, while he overwhelms him in his base form, upon turning into a Super Saiyan Xeno Trunks proves to be a match for the Masked Saiyan and eventually manages to damage his mask.
When Super Mira proceeds to attack Xeno Trunks, the Masked Saiyan fully breaks his mask and reveals himself as Xeno Bardock, teaming up with Xeno Trunks, the two manage to fight off Mira, causing him and Towa to retreat. After Xeno Trunks and the Supreme Kai of Time, Xeno Bardock looks at the moon. He is later recruited by Chronoa to join the Time Patrol.
Dark Empire Saga
Main article: Dark Empire Saga
When the Dark-Masked King is sent to retrieve Xeno Paragus, Xeno Bardock encounters them both. Xeno Paragus is beaten down by Xeno King Vegeta until Xeno Bardock intervenes. Finding that he is outmatched, Xeno Bardock places his broken Time Breaker mask back on for more power, overcomes the corruptive pull of the mask and transforms into Super Saiyan 3 - which gives him enough power to battle Xeno King Vegeta head-on.
In the game, Xeno Bardock appears and says he has business with Xeno King Vegeta, allowing Xeno Trunks to continue pursuing Mechikabura. During their fight, Dark Masked King removes his red cloak and the Time Breaker mask, while Xeno Bardock puts his own Time Breaker mask and transforms into Super Saiyan 3. Their fight is interrupted by Xeno Paragus, who attacks Xeno King Vegeta from behind but is shortly dispatched by a blast from the dark tyrant, granting Xeno Bardock time to charge up a blast that collides with one of Xeno King Vegeta's, engulfing them both in the resulting explosion.
Dark King Mechikabura Saga
Main article: Dark King Mechikabura Saga In the game, Xeno Bardock has a rematch with Xeno King Vegeta in the Demon Realm, during which he transforms into Super Saiyan 4. Bardock calls a cease-fire, appealing to Xeno King Vegeta's Saiyan pride to turn him against Mechikabura.
Xeno Bardock and Xeno King Vegeta scale Mechikabura's Tower, reaching far enough that they are unaffected by the destruction of the rest of the Demon Realm. They confront the remaining loyal Demon Gods Salsa and Shroom. Even after the demons are forced by Mechikabura to take on their Dark Forms, Xeno Bardock and Xeno King Vegeta working together prove more than a match for the pair. The battle is joined by the mindless Dark Broly, Salsa and Shroom both perish. Despite their success, Xeno King Vegeta is fatally injured by Dark Broly, leaving Xeno Bardock to confront the son of Xeno Paragus alone. Fortunately, Xeno Bardock stumbles upon Xeno Trunks' discarded Key Sword which he uses to defeat Dark Broly but is left exhausted by the battle. However using the last of his strength, he is able to use the sword to clear the darkness surrounding the Time Patrol and free them from Mechikabura's void.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Main article: Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission In the Super Bardock Saga, Xeno Bardock is revealed to have been the leader of Team Bardock and ended up in the past after the destruction of Planet Vegeta by Xeno Frieza, captured by the Dark Empire and turned into the Masked Saiyan.
As the Masked Saiyan, he confronts the Time Patrol (represented by the player and their deck) alongside the Black-Masked Saiyan, Dark Towa, Time Breaker Dabura, Super Mira, Haru Haru, and Shun Shun. He is defeated by the Time Patrol who manage to free him from the Time Breaker Mind Control. After being reunited with his wife Gine, he is apparently recruited into the Time Patrol by Chronoa to join them in combating the Dark Empire.
As the Masked Saiyan, Xeno Bardock is able to fight on par with Super Saiyan Xeno Trunks, and when teamed up with him is able to overpower Super Mira.
By gaining the full power of the mask, Xeno Bardock is powerful enough to transform into Super Saiyan 3, with enough power to match Xeno King Vegeta.
During the God Mission PV released for Dragon Ball Heroes prior to God Mission 1, Xeno Bardock as the Masked Saiyan is shown able to easily dodge Super Saiyan 4 Goku's attacks, and shrugs off a combined blow from Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta, Piccolo, Xeno Trunks and Beat. A God Bomb fired by Beat with energy from Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, Piccolo and Xeno Trunks overpowers his energy wave and damages his mask, though he is able to recover from the attack.
Xeno Bardock is unable to defeat Xeno King Vegeta, even after strengthening his Super Saiyan 3 form using the power of his broken mask. In a later rematch with Xeno King Vegeta, Bardock manages to achieve Super Saiyan 4, but is still unable to decisively defeat King Vegeta.
- Flight - The ability to fly by using ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of energy wave.
- Rebellion Trigger - A Final Spirit Cannon fired in the form of an Energy wave, used by Xeno Bardock in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Dark Rebellion Trigger - A variant of Rebellion Trigger using dark Ki that Masked Saiyan uses in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Darkness Rebellion Trigger - A stronger variation of Dark Rebellion Trigger used by the Masked Saiyan in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Wild Rebellion Trigger - A variant of Rebellion Trigger used by Xeno Bardock as a Super Saiyan 4 in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Dark Rebellion Trigger - A variant of Rebellion Trigger using dark Ki that Masked Saiyan uses in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Super Rebellion Cannon - A fiery blue Mouth Energy Wave used by Great Ape Xeno Bardock.
- Super Dark Rebellion Cannon - A fiery red and orange Mouth Energy Wave and variation of Super Rebellion Cannon used by the Great Ape Masked Saiyan.
- Heat Phalanx - A rush attack used by Xeno Bardock in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Rebellion Edge - A rush attack using dual blades used by Xeno Bardock as a Super Saiyan 3 in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Rebellion Fang – A rush attack that Xeno Bardock uses in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Freeze - A type of CAA Special Ability and counterattack variation of Time Freeze in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Destructive Freeze Attack - A variation of Freeze used by PSES3-07 Base Bardock (Xeno) and SH6-ACP8 Super Saiyan 3 Bardock (Xeno) in Dragon Ball Heroes. Succeed for -1 Hero Energy to the enemy team.
- Rebellious Freeze Attack - A variation of Freeze used by SH6-53 Super Saiyan 3 Bardock (Xeno) in Dragon Ball Heroes. Succeed to greatly increase that enemy's CI (Charge Impact) speed permanently & -1 to enemy team Hero Energy.
- Victorious Freeze Attack - A variation of Freeze used by UM2-028 Base Bardock (Xeno) and PBBS-06 Super Saiyan 3 Bardock (Xeno) in Dragon Ball Heroes. Succeed to greatly increase that enemy's CI speed permanently.
- Warrior's Freeze Attack - A variation of Freeze used by SH2-54 Base Bardock (Xeno) in Dragon Ball Heroes. Succeed to deal 1.5x DMG to a time-frozen enemy.
- The Power of the Dark - An ability used by a boss version of Great Ape Masked Saiyan in Dragon Ball Heroes. A randomly chosen opponent is launched into a dimensional rift, removing him from the battle.
- Swordsmanship - Xeno Bardock has some talent as a swordsman as he can create blades of ki using his Rebellion Edge and Full Charge Rebellion Edge techniques. In the game, he is also capable of wielding Xeno Trunks' Key Sword as a Super Saiyan 4 to defeat Dark Broly.
- Great Ape
Main article: Great Ape
As a Saiyan who still has his tail, Xeno Bardock is able to transform into a Great Ape when absorbing enough blutz waves. It is unknown if he is able to control himself in this form as few Saiyans can. Presumably, his level of control is similar to his counterpart Bardock who has rudimentary control over the form allowing him to focus on the enemy without attacking his allies.
During his Rebellion Fang technique, the image of a Great Ape appears to represent his Saiyan potential). In Dragon Ball Heroes it is just a head but in Dokkan Battle, an image of Great Ape Xeno Bardock's Great Ape form (based off his counterpart's Great Ape form) appears.
Xeno Bardock appears in his Great Ape form as the Masked Saiyan while under Towa's mind control.
- Masked Saiyan
Main articles: Time Breaker Mind Control and Mask Masked Saiyan is the state taken on by Xeno Bardock after being taken control of by Towa. Xeno Bardock can also transform into a Great Ape while in this state.
Normally his Mask prevents the Great Ape transformation as it shields his eyes from Blutz Waves (though like Sunglasses the mask still allows him to see) as they are absorbed primarily through the eyes, though only when it is fully intact as the Mask's Blutz Wave Shielding loses its effectiveness if the mask is broken. Once broken he can transform, though the green part of the mask featuring the Time Breaker Infinity Symbol becomes embedded into his forehead keeping him under the effects of mind control similar to how Time Breaker Bardock controlled Great Ape Gohan in Dragon Ball Online.
After breaking free from Towa's control, he keeps his broken mask and uses it when turning into Super Saiyan 3 during his fight with Xeno King Vegeta.
- Super Saiyan
Main article: Super Saiyan Like his counterpart, Xeno Bardock possesses the normal Super Saiyan form.
In the Super Bardock Saga, it is revealed he acquired the form while confronting Chilled and Tobi on Planet Plant in the past.
- Super Saiyan 2
- Super Saiyan 3
Xeno Bardock possesses the Super Saiyan 3 form. During his fight with Xeno King Vegeta, Xeno Bardock uses the form while wearing his broken Time Breaker mask.
In Dragon Ball Heroes, he can utilize Super Saiyan 3 while wearing both armors and while wearing his broken mask. He also uses the form as a boss during the Dark Demon Realm Saga and Super Bardock Saga.
- Super Saiyan 4
Main article: Super Saiyan 4
After his battle against Xeno King Vegeta, Xeno Bardock returns and at some point acquired the Super Saiyan 4 form. In this transformation, he gets a variation of the Rebellion Trigger technique, called Wild Rebellion Trigger.
- Battle Armor - As the Masked Saiyan and after being freed, he wears Time Breaker Battle Armor, though as a member of the Time Patrol he wears a different model of Battle Armor. The Time Breaker model stretches when he transforms into a Great Ape.
- Mask - As the Masked Saiyan he wears a mask that shields his eyes from absorbing Blutz Waves as long as it remains intact preventing his Great Ape transformation. During the Dark Empire Saga, Bardock uses the half-broken mask to strengthen his Super Saiyan 3 form during his confrontation with Xeno King Vegeta.
- Key Sword - Briefly utilized by Xeno Bardock to defeat Dark Broly.
Video Game Appearances
In Dragon Ball Heroes, Xeno Bardock is playable in his base, Masked Saiyan, Great Ape, Great Ape Masked Saiyan, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, and Super Saiyan 4 forms. During certain boss battles, he can transform into his Super Saiyan 2 form, which is unplayable.
- Japanese: Masako Nozawa
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes
- Xeno Bardock (Masked Saiyan) vs. Xeno Trunks (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Xeno Bardock and Xeno Trunks (Super Saiyan) vs. Mira
- Xeno Bardock (Base/Super Saiyan 3) vs. Xeno King Vegeta
- Xeno Bardock (Masked Saiyan/Great Ape Masked Saiyan) and Mira vs. Xeno Trunks
- Xeno Bardock (Base/Super Saiyan 2/Super Saiyan 3), Xeno Trunks (Base/Super Saiyan 2/Super Saiyan 3) and Chronoa vs. Mira (Base/Runaway/Super Mira), Towa, Xeno Dabura, General Bon, Psi Devilman, Shun Shun and Haru Haru
- Xeno Bardock (Masked Saiyan), Xeno Vegeta (Black-Masked Saiyan), Towa (Dark Demon), Mira (Super Mira), Haru Haru and Shun Shun vs. Beat
- Xeno Bardock (Base/Super Saiyan 3), Xeno Gine, and Chronoa (Base) vs. Beat
- Xeno Bardock vs. Xeno King Vegeta (Dark-Masked King) and Xeno Paragus
- Xeno Bardock (Super Saiyan 3) and Xeno Paragus vs. Xeno King Vegeta
- Xeno Bardock (Super Saiyan 4) vs. Xeno King Vegeta
- Xeno Bardock (Super Saiyan 4) and Xeno King Vegeta vs. Salsa (Demon God; second version/Dark Form), Shroom (Demon God; second version/Dark Form), Demon Realm Soldiers and Reaper Soldiers vs. Dark Broly (Resurrected)