Warriors from Universe 6! (第６宇宙の戦士たち! Dai Roku Uchū no Senshi-tachi!) is the first volume of the Dragon Ball Super manga.
Ever since Goku became Earth's greatest hero and gathered the seven Dragon Balls to defeat the evil Boo, his life on Earth has grown a little dull. But new threats loom overhead, and Goku and his friends will have to defend the planet once again in this continuation of Akira Toriyama's best-selling series, "Dragon Ball Super"!
Warriors from Universe 6!
Goku is starting to get bored with his life on Earth, but trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe. The God of Destruction, Beerus, is traveling from planet to planet in search of food and entertainment. After blowing up some hapless victims, Beerus is reminded of a man from his dreams with the moniker "Super Saiyan God," or something like that… The God of Destruction sets his sights on Earth to track down this mysterious man! Maybe this will give Goku something to do?
Story Thus Far
A long, long time ago, Son Goku left on a journey in search of the legendary Dragon Balls—a set of seven balls that, when gathered, would summon the dragon Shenlong to grant any wish. After a great adventure, he collects them all. Later, he become the apprentice of Kame-Sen'nin, fight a number of vicious enemies, defeats the great Majin Boo and restores peace on Earth. Some time passes, and then Lord Beerus, the God Destruction, suddenly awakens and sets out in search of the Super Saiyan God. Goku, by becoming that Super Saiyan God, manages to stop Beerus from destroying Earth and starts training under him with Vegeta. One day, Champa, the God of Destruction from Universe 6, shows up and challenges Universe 7 to a match to gain control of the Earth and its food—whoever wins will get the Super Dragon Balls to make their wish come true! Goku wins his first match, but his next opponent is a man who is identical to Freeza, naked Frost. He seems gentle enough, but how much is he really capable of?
Volume introduction by Toyotarō
"It's been a year since I started working on "Dragon Ball Super". The more I work on it, the more I realize how far away Toriyama Sensei is from where I stand right now. However, people say that being able to recognize someone else's strength is proof that you've improved too. In that sense, perhaps I can assume that I've gone from Hercule-level to Yamcha-level. You may find some things in this manga that seem odd to you, but I truly appreciate you reading this series with an open mind."
|1||"God of Destruction's Premonition"|
|Character Debuts: Beerus, Whis|
|Character Debuts: Champa, Vados, Oracle Fish|
|3||"The Rage of Beerus"|
|4||"Battle of Gods"|
|Character Debuts: Sorbet, Tagoma, Shisami, Garana|
|5||"Beerus and Champa"|
|7||"Warriors from Universe 6"|
|Character Debuts: Zuno, Monaka, Hit, Cabba, Auta Magetta, Frost, Botamo, Fuwa|
|8||"The Battle Begins!"|
|Character Debuts: Referee|
|9||"Goku vs. Botamo"|
|0||"Special Comic 2"|
- Goku (Base/Super Saiyan) and Vegeta vs. Kid Buu (Flashback)
- Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza (Final Form), Cell (Perfect Form), and Kid Buu (Image training)
- Beerus vs. humanoid insect aliens
- Goku (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2/Super Saiyan 3) vs. Beerus
- Gohan (Potential Unleashed) and Good Buu vs. Beerus
- Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3) vs. Beerus
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan 2) vs. Beerus
- Goku (Super Saiyan God) vs. Beerus
- Goku (Base/Super Saiyan Blue) vs. Vegeta (Base/Super Saiyan Blue)
- Beerus vs. Champa (Flashback)
- Goku vs. Botamo
- Goku vs. Frost (First Form/Third Form)
- Volume 1's cover is a homage to the first volume of Dragon Ball, The Monkey King.
- This volume of the Dragon Ball Super manga omits the Golden Frieza Saga, as it has its own manga adaptation in the one-shot Resurrection ‘F’ manga.