"I can't go out like this... I'm the daughter of Mr. Satan!"
Videl is a beautiful fair-skinned (pale skin color in the anime series) young child and young woman of very slim figure build and below average height with straight black hair that has side bangs with five loose short strands over her forehead, light-blue eyes and a slender frame yet athletic physique. Over the course of the series, Videl has had five different hairstyles:
- She originally had low pigtails that stops at her chest, while learning to fly from Gohan.
- At the end of Dragon Ball Z, her hair is flat with cropped spiky style bangs and in the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament, her hair in the sides reaching down to her style of a bob-length cut reaching her cheeks and has bangs to frame her face.
- In Dragon Ball Super, her hair reached down to her shoulders with a flat bang front over her forehead and red headband.
- In Dragon Ball GT, her hair grows long where it reaches her lower back and it is done in a braided ponytail with a few strands hanging over her forehead and ears.
In her first appearances, Videl usually wears a long white shirt that went past her waist with tight black spandex compression shorts that reach her upper thighs, black fingerless gloves, purple socks, green shoes, and gold hair clips for her pigtails. In "Gohan's First Date", she wears a white T-shirt with purple sleeves, light blue short jeans, black fingerless gloves, purple socks, and green shoes. After she learned how to fly, she wears a white sleeveless loose shirt, a pink T-shirt, black spandex short shorts, black fingerless gloves, and yellow boots. In the beginning in both "Gather for the Tournament" episode and Broly - Second Coming, she retains this outfit only her black spandex short shorts are replaced with a black capris pants and white boots with pink tips.
However in the anime she briefly wears a white Gi with a black undershirt, black pants, and blue boots. After Videl was healed with a Senzu Bean—and for the majority of the Buu Saga—she wears white pants, a blue and orange "FIGHT" T-shirt with an orange long-sleeved shirt underneath (white in the original manga), orange shoes and retains her short hair.
During Broly - Second Coming, she wears a bright maroon dress with a green cloth wrapping around the waist, with a large hat and grey tights.
In Fusion Reborn, she wears clothes similar to her Buu Saga outfit only with alternate colors.
In Wrath of the Dragon, she wears a yellow long-sleeved shirt and a white mini skirt that reached her upper thighs. The final attire she ever wore as a teen, before the 28th World Tournament, was a blue dress with a pink vest, blue thigh-high stockings, and pink loafers. She also wore this during the dance party that Bulma hosted to celebrate Majin Buu's defeat. At the end of the series, she wears a red dress and a red mini skirt with her hair grown back.
Between the end of Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball GT, Videl's hair grows back to its length, reaching her hips and is done up in a long braid.
In Dragon Ball Super, Videl is first seen with her current chin-length hair and she has had it ever since. She originally sported a pink sweater-dress that reached her upper thighs, with a red stripe around the chest area, along with black tights and bright pink shoes with darker pink soles. For Bulma's party throughout the God of Destruction Beerus Saga, she changed her style to a red dress with a devil face mark on the chest, black leggings, and white boots. There is one scene in an episode of Dragon Ball Super where Videl isn't wearing her leggings. This is most likely because of an animation error. For the Golden Frieza Saga, she sports a plain red dress with her normal current hairstyle, black tights and white high heel shoes. Her design changed drastically from a teenage tomboy style to a typical house-wife style, indicating how much Videl has mellowed out to becoming a more domestic character.
In Dragon Ball GT, Videl wears an outfit similar to Android 18's first outfit; a light blue denim jacket and skirt with a yellow short sleeve undershirt, dark gray leggings with white folded sleeves at the edge, brown belt and her yellow boots from her second outfit. In the Shadow Dragon saga, her short sleeve undershirt from her main outfit is pink.
In Xenoverse 2, Videl's Special Costume is a Swimsuit based on the Trendy Bikini which in her case consists of a pink bikini. The bikini top features a Turtle School kanji symbol 亀 (Kame lit. Turtle) on the top's left breast and she wears a frilled bikini bottoms. When wearing her swimsuit Videl sports her pigtail hairstyle.
Initially, Videl is a tough and tomboyish girl who was raised with fame all around her where she is also feisty and stubborn, much like Chi-Chi. Videl is quite perceptive as she had doubts about her father's claims of defeating Cell and correctly deduced that Gohan was both the mysterious "Golden Fighter" and Great Saiyaman, as well as ultimately coming to suspect that Gohan was the boy who fought Cell Games. She was also crafty enough to get Gohan to accidentally reveal he was Great Saiyaman, which she uses to blackmail him. She is also a competitive fighter as she blackmailed Gohan in order to get him to enter the tournament as she wanted to fight him after seeing his abilities and deduced he was the son of the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament champion due to sharing the same surname, though she also demanded he teach her how to fly to ensure it would be a fair fight, which also shows she was not fooled by her father's claims that such techniques were simple tricks. After blackmailing Gohan to enter the tournament and teach her the flight technique (using ki energy to fly), she gradually starts to fall in love with him, for his kind and honest heart. Despite her and Chi-Chi's similar personalities, she did not get along with Gohan's mother at first, which was made worse by Chi-Chi's assumption that Videl and Gohan were dating, to both her and Gohan's embarrassment and denial, though after spending time with him she started to take a liking to him and his family. When Gohan suggests she cut her hair short, Videl blushes a bit, thinking Gohan prefers girls with short hair, but Gohan obliviously states that it's for practical reasons, since short hair would be better in a fight, she screams that her hair is her business and flies off, though she ultimately decides to follow his sound advice, much to Gohan's utter confusion. Due to being unaware of Goku's death, she mistakenly assumed that his father was estranged from his family until Gohan explained the fact that his father was dead and had returned to life for the tournament, which ironically was the result of her convincing Gohan to enter. Videl herself was understandably shocked by this and various other odd occurrences during the tournament, though she eventually became used to these things over the course of the Majin Buu conflict. She later becomes the wife of Gohan and mother of Pan.
As Gohan's wife, she is very caring and motherly to everyone. She has a calmer tone to her voice and seldom displays her rough, fiery vibe anymore save for if provoked, as in the case of Barry Kahn. She also proves to have extreme faith in Gohan, such as when Barry Kahn showed her pictures of Gohan being kissed by Cocoa Amaguri and pretended to console her, Videl lashed out at him, saying that Barry was pathetic, and stating that Gohan must've had a reason to do what he did. Later, after Gohan defeats the infected Barry Khan, Videl hugs Gohan and exclaims that she loved him. This also shows that she knows her husband's character well enough to know he would never cheat on her and it is implied that she was able to see right through Barry Kahn's consoling act (she likely realized the movie star was just "acting" concerned) which is likely another example of her intelligence (she is also likely not easily fooled give she has a father who is well known as a gifted liar capable of deceiving a large number of Earth's population, presumably having learned to see through such deception).
Videl enjoys Caesar salad and Okonomiyaki, a type of Japanese pancake. She is left-handed, as seen when she pitches a baseball, and writes with her left hand, however in Take Flight, Videl and in manga chapter 428, she holds chopsticks while eating rice with her right hand, so it seems she's ambidextrous.
In the anime parts of the Great Saiyaman Saga, she had an obsession to discover Gohan’s secret identity as the Great Saiyaman. The booklet for the Season 7 Funimation DVD Boxset says that she hates being outdone. This may imply that while she did fight crime in Satan City to protect the people, she also enjoyed the attention that she received and might have become jealous when Great Saiyaman first arrived. Her obsession to find out his secret identity is shown in Gohan Goes to High School, after Gohan as the Golden Warrior defeated the bank robbers, she claimed that someone was stealing her thunder. Also in Rescue Videl, when she saw him flying through the skies, she chased him recklessly through the streets of Satan City in her plane and didn’t help Gohan until after he got punched in the face by the Red Shark Gang to see how strong he was. Also in Blackmail, when Great Saiyaman was returning Chobi to his parents after he had been kidnapped by Mr. Musuka, she refused to listen to his side of the story and proceeded to fight him, and also mockingly laughed at him for his misfortune. But she finally listened to him when Chobi’s parents Toh Toh and Toh Toh's mate arrived upon hearing Chobi’s crying. When Gohan almost blurted out his name while he was trying to calm Toh Toh down, she did briefly give in to her obsession by grabbing his shoulders, shaking him, and demanding to repeat what he was about to say.
In the Xenoverse series, Videl and her future husband aid the Time Patrol by working as Instructors though unlike other Instructors they train Time Patrollers together as a team. In Xenoverse 2, it is implied that Videl and Gohan are in the early stages of their romantic relationship. However she is occasionally exasperated by Gohan's pure hearted obliviousness which frustrates her similar to how she reacted when he asked her to cut her hair short showing that her temper gets the better of her at times. This is shown when she attempts to ask Gohan to go to the movies (with the intention of it being just the two of them) but Gohan obliviously asks the Future Warrior to come along (unaware that Videl just wanted to spend quality time with Gohan), causing a frustrated Videl to get angry at him (like she had when she learned Gohan wanted her to cut her hair for practical reasons) causing her to un-invite him, saying she and the Future Warrior would go without him leaving Gohan once again dumbfounded wondering what he did to upset her.
She also enlists the Future Warrior's in covertly help her learn more about what Gohan likes which she privately hopes to use to getting Gohan to notice her more though plays it off as part of their training showing that she tends to hide her true feelings out of embarrassment. In fact when the Future Warrior gives her Gift (Videl) which contains her swimsuit costume though finding the idea of fighting in a bikini embarrassing and suspecting they are up to something, she becomes intrigued by the possibility that Gohan might notice her if she wears it, though is a little hesitant due to her embarrassment at the thought of wearing it (especially in front of Gohan). However it is implied that she eventually came to better understand that Gohan did indeed care about her and that his obliviousness was simply due to his pure heart and not a sign of disinterest (Gohan himself was also a bit shy as well). This may explain her faith in her husband in Dragon Ball Super, knowing that him cheating on her was incredibly unlikely if not impossible due to his pure heart, as it would be incredible out of character for her husband given his devotion to his family.
Additionally being the daughter of Mr. Satan, she has probably dealt with her share of male admirers in past like Barry Kahn who's interest in her was superficial due to her looks and status as Mr. Satan's daughter which he sought to increase his own fame by using the evidence of an affair and feigning concern in an attempt to woo her while in an emotionally vulnerable state, though Videl was not fooled and considered Barry pathetic (as Gohan unlike Barry loved Videl as a person and not because of status as her father's fame was the result of Gohan's defeat of Cell though he never sought to refute it preferring to defend the Earth from the shadows with the Z Fighters and as Great Saiyaman, thus by comparison she was correct as Barry wanted more fame and attention despite already being a famous A-list actor yet deep down was a cruel evil shallow person who was jealous of Gohan's marriage with Videl) showing she has become a good judge of character.
Videl was born in Age 756. Videl grew up learning martial arts, hoping to be as great as her father, when in fact, unknown to herself, she was already better and stronger than him. On May 7 of Age 767, when she was 11, Videl won in the Junior Division of the 24th World Martial Arts Tournament. Her mother left Mr. Satan and their daughter Videl at one point, leaving only the two of them in their family. But they have got loads of servants. Her father is very protective of her, especially in respect to boys, only allowing her to have a boyfriend if he was stronger than him, which Videl thought was impossible. Her mother has passed away since she was still a baby and raised by her father in her whole life.
Dragon Ball Z
Majin Buu Saga
In her spare time, Videl helps the police and fights crime in Satan City. She becomes suspicious of Gohan after meeting him on his first day at Orange Star High School, and she even follows him for a brief time to learn more about him. Videl eventually discovers Gohan's secret identity as the Great Saiyaman: in the manga, she very easily tricks Gohan into revealing his identity after stopping some thugs (she asks the Great Saiyaman how he left class, and he answers her, revealing that he is actually Gohan). In the anime, she discovers that Gohan is the Great Saiyaman after she and Gohan are involved in an attempt to return Chobi, a baby pteranodon, to its rightful parents. In both cases, she deduces that Gohan is the son of the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament winner, Goku, based on them carrying the same family name, and gets Gohan to participate in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament and teach her how to fly using a blackmail-type of threat. In a matter of days, Videl learns how to fly, and starts to develop a liking for Gohan.
She even cuts her hair one day after he had suggested it (though she initially thought he just liked girls with short hair, he explained that long hair will only get in the way during a fight). There is an awkward moment when Chi-Chi asks Gohan whether he is going to marry Videl, which embarrasses him. As she becomes a great flyer, Gohan begins to think that Videl is really something special. Despite the relentless teasing from friends (such as Krillin), Videl and Gohan develop a sweet kind of relationship.
Videl becomes very strong for a human, and enters the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. When Videl firsts meets Goku and the other Z Fighters, Gohan explains that his father is dead as he has a halo above his head. This is one of many supernatural things in the Dragon Ball universe that astonish more ordinary humans like Videl, but are second nature to the Z Fighters. After waiting with Gohan for the Punching Machine (destroyed by Vegeta) to be replaced, Videl and the other high-scoring fighters draw their numbers for the first round. Videl goes up against Spopovich. Videl quickly gains the upper hand, even breaking Spopovich's neck, though he repairs it, shocking Videl and everyone else watching the match. Soon, the tables turn against her as Spopovich keeps getting back up after her attacks, without any visible damage.
"Doesn't he know when to give up?"
Videl starts to tire out, and Spopovich takes advantage by beating her to a pulp around the ring with a series of punches to the stomach and head. For his enjoyment, Spopovich steps on Videl's head. He pushes down on it until Videl is brought to tears (this fight was more drawn out and gruesome in the anime compared to the manga). Enraged by this display, Gohan loses control of his temper and transforms into a Super Saiyan. Seeing this, Yamu, Spopovich's partner, reminds his ally of their real reason for being there and tells him to end the match. Spopovich does so and kicks her out of the ring. Gohan carries her to the infirmary, where he returns later to heal her with a Senzu Bean brought by Goku. She thanks Gohan for it, though Mr. Satan freaks out, suspicious of the boy, insisting she be checked up for poisoning.
She steps back to the arena to watch Gohan's match, and is surprised to see he is indeed the "Gold Fighter" she suspected him to be. When Gohan is in mortal danger from a ki drain from Yamu and Spopovich, she tries to save him, but is stopped only by being physically restrained by Goku. Upon Kibito healing and offering Gohan an explanation, Videl asks Gohan to let her go along, wanting to know what exactly is going on. She readily believes Gohan after he confesses he was both the mysterious Gold Fighter, Great Saiyaman and also the golden-haired 11-year-old boy at the Cell Games seven years ago. Having suspected that her father was not telling the truth, she comes to the correct conclusion that it was Gohan who beat Cell in the Cell Games. She initially wants to come and help with the fight against the Organization of Babidi, but is requested by Gohan to go back and tell everyone else the situation. She agrees to leave, then looks back and says "You better come back, cause I'm not finished with you yet, Gohan"(In Kai, she says that she'll miss him). She meets Goten and Trunks on her way to the World Tournament Arena, and accidentally fuels them with adrenaline by telling them the story of Majin Buu, prompting the two to head for the battlefield.
Videl goes with the rest of the group to look for the Dragon Balls. She later takes refuge with the group on Kami's lookout, where she hears about Gohan's supposed death at the hands of Majin Buu. She breaks down crying and confesses her love for him. While everyone presumes Gohan dead, she's the only one who is convinced that he still lives, somehow sensing that fact this is actually true, Gohan is in the Sacred World of the Kai training hard with Kibito and Shin. A day later, Super Buu attacks The Lookout looking for the fighter Goku promised him. Piccolo manages to persuade him to wait by telling him that Videl is Mr. Satan's daughter, later explaining to Videl that Mr. Satan nearly succeeded in convincing Buu to change his ways. Ultimately, when Gotenks fails to stop Buu, she, along with everyone else at the lookout, is turned into chocolate and eaten.
In an anime-exclusive filler only, she ends up in heaven and searches for Gohan, along with Dabura, Chi-Chi and Bulma, but they cannot find him. However, even though she is dead, Videl is convinced that Gohan is still alive. This commitment to Gohan convinces the once evil Dabura that he is in the presence of true love, a feeling he never knew before, which embarrasses Videl since Chi-Chi is present. She does not know that Gohan passes away when Kid Buu annihilates Earth. After both she and Gohan come back to life and they meet again, Videl is happy at seeing 'the idiot' again saying that she has been worried sick about him. Videl is embarrassed by hearing her father getting the people of Earth to give energy so he could beat Buu.
When Goku and the others return, she spots and happily greets her father Mr. Satan who happily embraces her and brings new guests the dog Bee and Good Buu who Videl is shocked to see until her father explains he is now on their side. Later, she becomes Gohan's partner in fighting crime as the Great Saiyaman II (alternately known as Saiyawoman or Saiyagirl), sporting a similar outfit and participating in the same poses she earlier found ridiculous.
Dragon Ball Super
God of Destruction Beerus Saga
Main article: God of Destruction Beerus Saga
Sometime after the defeat of Majin Buu, Gohan and Videl are married and Mr. Satan builds them a house. Goten and Trunks go on an adventure to get her a wedding present which is a bottle of special spring water that keeps her skin really soft that she uses to apply to her face. Goten and Trunks later arrive at Gohan's house, giving Videl the water they just recently found. After using the hot spring water, Videl realized that it was just plain water, but not wanting to hurt Goten and Trunks' feelings, she accepted it and thanked them for the gift.
Videl attended Bulma's party, arriving with her Gohan, Chi-Chi, and Goten. She joins Mr. Satan in supplying Buu with food to eat. She and Gohan spend private time together during the party and she joins everyone in clapping for Beerus after he arrives with Whis, also chanting Beerus' name. After Beerus defeats Buu and Gotenks, Gohan attacks him and is defeated, Videl coming to his aid thereafter. Beerus is briefly challenged by Vegeta after he powers up following Beerus slapping Bulma in retaliation for her previously hitting him, but defeats him as well and attempts to destroy Earth before Goku arrives and summons Shenron, who reveals to everyone a ritual is required for the Super Saiyan God to appear. Videl interjects after the Saiyans failed the first attempt, revealing her pregnancy to Beerus and everyone else. Videl joins in and the group succeeds in transforming Goku into a Super Saiyan God.
Golden Frieza Saga
Main article: Golden Frieza Saga After the fight with Goku and Vegeta, Videl was first seen at Gohan's house, as Videl is about to make dinner, but Gohan insists on making it instead, since he does not want Videl to be overworked. More than half of a year after Vegeta left for Beerus' planet to train, Videl gives birth to her daughter Pan. Later, she, Chi Chi, and Bulma talk about Pan's upbringing. Videl decides that she wants Pan to grow up the way she would want to, and she sees no problem with her becoming a martial artist, because she met Gohan as a martial artist.
Later, she and Gohan go shopping together and leave Pan in the hands of Piccolo until they returned. When they did, Videl held Pan in her hands and briefly noticed the sky getting darker as Shenron was summoned at the time.
Videl appeared later as she was comforting a crying Pan but neither of them realize that Frieza was blowing up the planet as a last resort and both of them were killed until Whis undid the event with his Temporal Do-Over so that Goku could kill Frieza once more. Gohan then left the gang and went back to his home where he promised both Videl and Pan that they would protect them both.
Videl later attends the feast thrown by Bulma alongside her family and friends.
Universe 6 Saga
Main article: Copy-Vegeta Saga
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga Videl plays a role in a minor sub-plot in the "Future" Trunks Saga as she and her father are surprised to meet Future Trunks and have dinner with him before he leaves.
She is involved in Gohan's rivalry with actor Barry Khan, who plays the Great Saiyaman in the movie Great Saiyaman vs. Mr. Satan. Barry himself becomes jealous of Videl's marriage to Gohan, and tries to turn Gohan against her, one time blackmailing him by taking pictures of him in an unintentional affair with Cocoa Amaguri. But Videl doesn't fall for the deception, knowing Gohan is not like that, and the two kick him out despite him threatening to expose Gohan's secret identity as the Great Saiyaman. But later, Barry is possessed by the space criminal Watagash, and he becomes a powerful-enough match for Gohan, knocking him out and kidnapping Pan. Fortunately, Gohan is able to defeat him, Videl assuring that he would never allow himself to fail in front of Pan. Cocoa even prevents Barry from revealing his identity by threatening to tell everyone that he's the monster he fought.
Universe Survival Saga
Main article: Universe Survival Saga When Goku asks his son: Gohan to participate in the Zeno Expo alongside him and Majin Buu. Gohan is hesitant to accept after being startled at the revelation, that the Universes that lose in the Tournament of Power will be erased. However Videl appears and encourages Gohan to go along with his father as so to spend time with him. Though she was not told about the losers being erased alongside their Universes.
Peaceful World Saga
Main article: Peaceful World Saga
During the ten years after Majin Buu's defeat, she attends the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament to cheer on her family at the end of the Dragon Ball Z series.
Dragon Ball GT
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Main article: Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
"But, you have to go on this trip or the Earth will be destroyed in a year."
Main article: Baby Saga Videl and her husband get possessed by Baby. On New Planet Plant, when Videl notices that Pan is helping others to become normal, she kicks her out of the air demanding that she stops with such actions and to become one of Baby's underlings. Videl and Gohan almost kill their own daughter, since Baby ordered them to, but Uub intercepts and saves Pan. Later, Videl is cured with the Sacred Water.
Super 17 Saga
Main article: Super 17 Saga
One year later, during the 31st World Tournament, she observes with her husband Gohan as Pan and Goku compete.
During the battle against Super 17, she wants to fight along with the Z Fighters (wearing her Great Saiyawoman outfit no less); however, by the time she gets there, Goku and Android 18 have done the job already.
Shadow Dragon Saga
Main article: Shadow Dragon Saga
With her family and friends, Videl witnesses Black Smoke Shenron emerging from the Dragon Balls and she much afterwards learns of the over usage of the Dragon Balls. She remains at Capsule Corporation while Goku, Pan and Giru fight against the seven evil Shadow Dragons. She then returns to her home with her husband Gohan, and later joins her family and friends as they face the final Shadow Dragon, Syn Shenron. In the end, she has no fights against the Shadow Dragons. After the defeat of all the Shadow Dragons, she lives in peace with Gohan and Pan at Mount Paozu. By the end of the series, she has likely died of old age as her daughter Pan, who is shown to have a grandson, is the last surviving Z Fighter 100 years later.
Broly - Second Coming
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming
"What are you doing? There are defenseless people down there!"
Videl was in a quest for collecting the Dragon Balls, along with Goten and Trunks. At that time only the four-star ball was remaining and the rest of them were in the bag, when a tiff occurs between Videl and Trunks for collecting the last Dragon Ball. This results in them losing the Dragon Ball, amidst a flock of birds. They start searching for the ball and as usual Goten and Trunks start to feel hungry. So Videl and the half-Saiyans are forced to rest in the nearby Natade Village. Videl, on reaching the village, comes to know that a girl was going to be sacrificed that day, as a treat to a local beast which has terrorized the village. So, she and the half-Saiyan duo take matters in their hands and decide to go after the beast themselves. Goten and Trunks defeat the beast, a dinosaur, with little effort (with Videl being in such shock at how the kids easily took out the dinosaur that she barely declared the need to sit down and accidentally slipped on the ice) and the three then enjoy a huge banquet at the village.
The next day, Videl is awakened by loud noises and rushes to the seaside spot. There, she finds Broly, who has come to the village seeking revenge against Goku. She gives a lone fight as Goten and Trunks are fast asleep, but is easily defeated by the Super Saiyan. She is left unconscious in the reservoir, half drowned. Later, when she gains consciousness, she finds Gohan fighting with Broly, and the former asks her to stay clear as there is a lot of danger around and is pleased that she is fine. When Broly delivers a huge blast, all the fighters become unconscious except Gohan. When Videl gains her consciousness, she throws the piece of crystal that she collected towards Legendary Super Saiyan Broly in an effort to distract him and let Gohan gain an upper hand. However, the effort from throwing the crystal saps her of her reserve energy and she loses consciousness afterwards. She then meets Gohan at the end, complaining why he had not helped her when she was drowning, which starts a petty telling off at Gohan, concluding the story with Trunks' sentence "This is the way they communicate."
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn
Videl is at Gohan's home, helping Chi-Chi with the dishes, but causing some to fall to the ground and shatter upon being asked about marriage, when she is called by the police to help them clean the mess in the city. They go to the city to witness that they are being encroached by the living dead. Goten and Trunks collect the Dragon Balls in the meantime and a wish is made to Shenron to restore natural order, which is not granted. Gohan and Videl together as a team keep the people safe from the zombies and past villains, while Goten and Trunks team up to defeat The Dictator. Videl and Gohan, after finishing their assignment, go to some unknown place. Later, they are shown in the end, when the half-Saiyan duo tells them that they have been spying on them all the time, and they saw Gohan and Videl kissing each other. Gohan and Videl are both shocked and embarrassed to know this and Gohan pleads not to tell this to his mom, giving a humorous ending to the movie (this ending is exclusive to the FUNimation dub).
Wrath of the Dragon
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon
Videl and Gohan simultaneously enter the class after thrashing some goons in the city as their alter-egos Great Saiyaman 1 & Great Saiyaman 2, when Videl gets a call from the police that a man (Hoi) was threatening to jump. Gohan and Videl transform into their alter-egos and immediately go to rescue the man, who is very arrogant, and jumps when Videl loses her temper. Gohan, however, rescues him and takes him to some fountain park. There, the man introduces himself as Hoi, and asks Gohan to help him open a music box which has imprisoned Tapion, a hero from the South Galaxy. Gohan and Videl try in vain to open it and hence start to find the Dragon Balls to wish Shenron himself to open it. Due to this, Tapion was released and Hoi started behaving differently, which clearly caught the eye of Videl. Later, that day, a huge monster (the lower part of Hirudegarn), starts destroying the city. When Gohan and Videl come to know about this, they change into their alter-egos once again in order to save the city. Here they find a monster nearly twenty stories high, threatening the entire city. Gohan and Videl start fighting with the monster and Gohan is forced to unleash his Unlocked Potential form, to fight with the monster. He defeats the monster with relative ease, when he finds that it's vulnerable the moment after it attacks. The monster vanishes out of nowhere and Videl quickly catches some movement in the top of the building. Gohan determines that it is Hoi and comes to know that he was the man behind all these series of events. Later, Videl is shown fighting the fully-developed Hirudegarn, which defeats her with little effort.
Battle of Gods
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
Videl is at Bulma's birthday party with her family and friends. When a drunken Gohan asks Mai to shoot him, one of the bullets hits Videl's leg. Dende heals her and he notices that Videl is pregnant. Videl has been hiding the fact to surprise Gohan later, and Dende does not reveal it to the others yet. Videl is also seen while the Z Fighters face the God of Destruction Beerus. When everyone understands that they need one more pure-hearted Saiyan to reach the Super Saiyan God form, Videl and Dende reveal her pregnancy to the others. Even though this was to be a surprise for Gohan, he is still excited about the news as is everyone else. When everyone performs the ritual a second time, this time with Videl (and Pan who is inside Videl's womb at the moment), Goku successfully ascends to the Super Saiyan God form and battles Beerus, but soon he reverts to his regular Super Saiyan form due the form's time limit. However, he learns the form's godlike feeling, which allows him to use Super Saiyan God's power against Beerus.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’
Videl went shopping with Gohan and left Piccolo babysitting Pan. Later while taking care of her, she notices when Shenron was summoned by Emperor Pilaf, as the sky was getting dark. Videl was later killed when Frieza destroyed the Earth and she was later revived by Whis thanks to his Temporal Do-Over.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Main article: Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Two years after the defeat of Kid Buu, Videl attends a banquet held by her father Mr. Satan, Gohan, and her friends. Soon, she and the others meet Vegeta's younger brother Tarble and his wife Gure. Videl later watches Trunks and Goten fighting against Abo and Cado, as well as Goku defeating the fusion of Abo and Cado, Aka.
- Legendary Super Saiyan Saga
Main article: Legendary Super Saiyan Saga After the defeat of Demon God Demigra by the Future Warrior, Chronoa and Future Trunks discover that before his death Demigra used his Dark Magic to create timed Wormholes that would trigger after his death and wreck havoc across multiple eras and timelines. After altering the events of the Genocide of the Saiyans and abducting Bardock from Age 737, a wormhole corrupts Broly with Dark Magic in the alternate timeline of Age 774 where the events of Broly - Second Coming take place. Due to the influence of 2nd Stage Villainous Mode power up, Broly transforms into his Legendary Super Saiyan form while fighting Videl instead of his natural Super Saiyan form like the original history. Despite still looking for Bardock, the Time Patrol sends the Future Warrior to help Videl fight Dark Broly. Eventually they are joined by Kid Trunks and Goten. They all manage to hold out long enough for Gohan to arrive whom the Future Warrior teams up with to defeat Dark Broly. However before Broly can be killed, the Wormhole swallows him as it had with Bardock forcing the Future Warrior to return to the Time Nest to work with Future Trunks to find Bardock and Broly to return them to their proper timelines. Eventually they track them down to Dying Namek in Age 762 and after being transported to Earth by Porunga, Great Ape Bardock, the Future Warrior, and Vegeta of that era defeat Dark Broly. Future Trunks arrives and knocks out Vegeta so he can return Bardock and Broly back to their original timelines so history can be corrected. Broly is returned to Age 774. After history is fixed Chronoa puts the scrolls back together which causes the alterations to disappear restoring the original history of that timeline so that Videl's battle with Broly plays out as it did in the film and Broly is killed by the Family Kamehameha.
- Master Couple - Gohan & Videl
In Toki Toki City circa Age 850, Adult Gohan and Videl are among several martial artists and fighters recruited by Chronoa and Future Trunks to train members of the Time Patrol. Unlike other Masters, Gohan and Videl train pupils together as a team. After completing the Buu Saga, Gohan and Videl will start appearing in Toki Toki City looking for perspective students. After passing their Initiation Test the Future Warrior can train under Gohan and Videl allowing them to learn their skills though most of the skills they teach are Videl's.
- Prologue (Earthling)
If the Future Warrior is an Earthling, they will be sent to investigate a large Rift in Time that formed around Satan House (Hercule House in the English localization). From a hiding spot the Future Warrior witnesses Great Saiyaman 1 and Great Saiyaman 2 (Great Saiyawoman in the Funimation dub though she is still referred to as Great Saiyaman 2 in English text and dialogue boxes) practicing. Great Saiyaman 1 demonstrates his Justice Pose and asks Great Saiyaman 2 to pose as well. However, Videl is nervous about posing as she finds it embarrassing but does so out of her respect and feelings for Gohan. She does the pose correctly on her first try causing Great Saiyaman 1 to compliment her. Surprisingly, Videl finds she enjoyed posing and from then on becomes more enthusiastic about posing and more comfortable in her superhero alter-ego as well as finding something she and Gohan enjoy doing together as their superhero alter-egos as they immediately start working on posing as a team soon afterwards. Meanwhile the Future Warrior is informed by Elder Kai that Chronoa has chosen them for a new critical mission.
- Satan House Rift - Saiya Squad
While the Future Warrior is dealing with the return of the Time Breakers, Chronoa assigns Patroller Ninja Murasaki of the Murasaki Brothers, veteran Frieza Race Patroller Percel, and several other Time Patrollers to investigate the cause of the rift. After crashing his spaceship, Videl lets Galactic Patrolman Jaco stays at Satan House and assists the Saiya Squad in protecting the peace while they assist him in locating missing parts from his spaceship. Eventually Chronoa asks the Future Warrior to assist in investigating the large rifts when they have the time. Ninja Murasaki informs them of what intel he and the others have discovered suggesting they join the Saiya Squad in protecting Earth within the rift's timeline noting that being a superhero is too flashy for a ninja like himself. The Future Warrior can speak to the Saiya Squad with Gohan and Videl recognizing their strength leading to a 2-on-2 sparring session with reluctant Jaco teamed up with the Future Warrior. After completing the session, the Future Warrior is given a Great Saiyaman Suit (minus the helmet accessory) and becomes Great Saiyaman 3 (Saiyanoob in the Funimation dub). Together the Future Warrior joins the Saiya Squad and Jaco in protecting Earth from the Ginyu Force while helping Jaco collect his spaceship parts, rescue defeated Time Patrollers while fight off a group of Saibamen, and confront the Shadow Dragons while assisting Gohan and Videl's daughter Pan in collecting Giru's missing parts on Planet Tuffle. After completing their missions with the Saiya Squad, Mr. Satan shows them a strange egg left on his property by a mysterious masked man with spiky hair who's description matches the Masked Saiyan indicating it is connected to the Time Breakers. Chronoa later discovers the egg is a Distorted Time Egg created by Towa in a failed attempt to replicate Tokitoki's Eggs artificially which while weaker than Tokitoki's Eggs is powerful enough to create large scale time rifts. After the other Distorted Time Eggs are discovered Chronoa decides the leave the rifts alone as they are stable due to their size and not connected to the official history in addition to finding the whole process of getting rid of the rifts a hassle.
- Earthling Awakening - Power Pole Pro
If the Future Warrior is an Earthling, the Saiya Squad will eventually suggest they come up with a special gimmick or skill to make Great Saiyaman 3 stand out more. The Future Warrior talks to Jaco and Mr. Satan to get some ideas. Jaco suggests a weapon while Mr. Satan suggests a vehicle. They take their suggestions to Videl and Gohan, which gives Gohan idea. This leads to a special quest where the Future Warrior acquires the Power Pole Pro Awoken Skill "transformation" which allows them to wield the Power Pole while riding the Flying Nimbus as a racially exclusive transformation for Earthlings (despite the fact Goku a pure Saiyan utilized it as a child in the main series). After defeating Great Saiyaman 1 & 2 using the Awoken Skill, Great Saiyaman 1 gives the Power Pole and Flying Nimbus to the Future Warrior revealing Goku asked him to give it to them after hearing about their work with the Saiya Squad.
- Manga and Anime
Unlike other fighters, who have a balanced mix of physical and energy-based techniques, Videl uses only pure physical attacks. According to Gohan, she had already surpassed her father even before she began learning to use ki. Though she is capable of using basic Ki Blasts after Gohan trained her, she has little control over them. Her fighting style is to wait for her opponent to attack, and then use their own strength against them in a dodge or counter, playing on their momentum.
Despite being powerful by humans standards, and possessing some degree of enhanced strength relative to normal people, like her father, Videl has not trained to the degree of the Z Warriors, and is not even near Krillin, Yamcha or Master Roshi's level (all three of which are entirely human). As proof of this, Videl cannot tolerate high-speed flight, and a single bullet is capable of inflicting heavy damage, if not lethal, depending on the area shot.
In Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming, Videl manages to put up a decent fight against Super Saiyan Broly, though she is ultimately no match for the Super Saiyan and is knocked unconscious and she was no match for Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan form, though like Krillin she managed to survived her encounter with the Legendary Super Saiyan.
In Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn, she and Great Saiyaman work together to deal with the zombies invading Earth due to Janemba's actions in Other World. However it should be noted most of the un-dead were weak enough that even her father had little trouble fighting them.
In Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon, as Great Saiyawoman, Videl is capable of working in coordination with Great Saiyaman to combat criminals and threats as shown, however she is no match for more powerful entities like Hirudegarn.
- Video games
In the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Videl's ki Blasts fizzle out over short distances and, when charged, merely fly around in random directions.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Videl's ability to use Ki Blast is better, as she can fire standard ki blasts, chargeable ki blasts, and is capable of performing the Energy Barrage techniques, Consecutive Energy Blast as a Super Skill and Full Power Energy Blast Volley as an Ultimate Skill.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Videl is shown to be finally capable of firing an Energy Wave, in the form of a Full Power Energy Wave which appears as one of her Ultimate Skills in her Natade Village Traditional Costume 1 Skillset. However, despite this newfound ability as well as her ability to fire standard ki blasts, she is one of the few characters in Xenoverse 2 who cannot perform a Charged Ki Blast (a new gameplay mechanic in Xenoverse 2 that lets characters fire chargeable ki blasts), indicating her ki manipulation abilities are still far from perfect in Xenoverse 2. Through her customizable skillset she can utilize techniques like the Kamehameha and her daughter's Maiden Blast skill, which provides further evidence that her ki manipulation abilities are advanced enough to perform those techniques. Additionally she demonstrates the ability to utilize hypnotic dancing skill Dancing Para Para (which she can utilize via customization as well), showing she has some aptitude for hypnosis.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Eagle Kick – First, Videl hits her opponent three times causing moderate damage. She then performs a knee strike, then a left-legged front kick, and finally a right-legged roundhouse kick that sends the opponent away, with an enormous amount of damage inflicted.
- Justice Eagle - A stronger ki enhanced variation of Eagle Kick used by Great Saiyawoman as her Super Attack in Dokkan Battle. However in Dragon Ball Heroes and World Mission it is simply depicted as a stronger version of Eagle Kick. Additionally in World Mission it can be used by Videl through sticking its Accessory on a custom Videl card or by equipping it directly any of her cards (official or custom) in the Custom Deck (as equipping it to a Custom Card costs Custom Points while equipping it through the Custom Deck does not).
- Kick-Slap – First, Videl points her finger forward and says "That's what I'm talking about!" as she jumps up and roundhouse kicks the opponent. Then, she both side and roundhouse kicks the opponent before front kicking them away, inflicting a great deal of damage.
- Videl Rush – As she says "You're persistent!", Videl charges at the opponent and hook kicks them in the face. Then, she turns around and elbows the opponent before backing away and moving back in to deliver a powerful barrage of punches in their stomach. Finally, Videl elbows and uppercuts the opponent before shouting, "End of the line!" as she knees the opponent in the chin, inflicting a great deal of damage.
- First Strike – First, Videl says "How about..." and charges at the opponent shouting "...this!". Then, she delivers a roundhouse kick to the opponent's face inflicting a high amount of damage.
- Falcon Rush – A High Speed Rush used when she thought that the Great Saiyaman had kidnapped Chobi. It was named in the Budokai series, and is also one of her Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Head Scissors Rush – As she says "No holding back this time!", Videl kicks the opponent, grabs the opponent's head with her legs, and throws them back. Next, she delivers an elbow hit to their back. Finally, Videl delivers a sweep kick, inflicting a high amount of damage.
- Desperado Rush – Videl rushes at the opponent and performs two kicks. Then she flips in the air and kicks the opponent hard in the face, inflicting a high amount of damage.
- Diamond Throw – An attack used by Videl against LSSJ Broly, where she throws a gem she had collected earlier to distract him. In the film, Broly smashes the gem with swipe of his hand. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Moonsault Kick - An attack used by Videl against SSJ Broly where she performs a flying somersault followed by a kick to the face. In the film, Videl uses the technique on SSJ Broly after Gohan's arrival. This technique was named in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle where it appears as one of Videl's Super Attacks though in the game she it incorporates Diamond Toss to distract the opponent before delivering the kick. In the film, the two techniques are separate techniques performed by Videl against Broly during different stages of the fight.
- Hawk Arrow – One of Videl's rush techniques in the Budokai series. Great Saiyaman 2 also uses the technique under the name Justice Hawk.
- Leopard Shoot – Videl kicks the opponent up in the air, then she punches and kicks them down, and finally Videl double punches her opponent in the back when he is down. Used in the Budokai series.
- Bear Blowthrough – Videl grabs her opponent, knee strikes and kicks them, and finally backflip kicks them up in the air. Used in the Budokai series.
- Videl's Close Call – A team attack where Gohan comes to save her in the Budokai series.
- High Power Rush – A rush attack used in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Hi-Tension – One of Videl's Blast 1 in Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Super Unyielding Spirit – One of Videl's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Justice Rush 2 – One of Videl's Blast 2 as Great Saiyaman 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Justice Finishing Pose 2 – One of Videl's Blast 1 as Great Saiyaman 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Justice Judgment – A team attack used by Videl as Great Saiyaman 2 with Gohan as Great Saiyaman in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Afterimage Strike – One of Videl's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series and Raging Blast series. Also used by her as Great Saiyaman 2.
- Slash Drop – A dash followed by a throw, used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Trick Move – Videl quickly maneuvers around her opponent and attacks. Used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Trick Shoot – Videl dives downward to land on her opponent. Used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Triple Crush – A powerful kick combo used in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Kamehameha - A move that she can learn from Goku in Super Dragon Ball Z, she also uses it as Great Saiyawoman in Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X's Kamehameha Mode. In Xenoverse 2, the Kamehameha Super Skill can be added to Videl's custom skillset via partner customization. In World Mission, the Kamehameha Super Attack Accessory can be equipped to Videl via sticking it on her custom card via Card Creation or equipped to any of Videl's cards via the Custom Deck. She can also utilize its CAA Special Ability via certain CAA Accessories which allow to access the Kamehameha Mode (Kamehameha Mode is a game mechanic that allows the user to fire a Kamehameha after both teams attack phases when an Attacker during a specific round which can result in an Energy Clash if the enemy accesses Kamehameha Mode during the same round) version that have different variants that possess additional effects.
- Destructo Disc - A move that she can learn from Krillin in Super Dragon Ball Z.
- Justice Phoenix – Videl's ultimate attack as Great Saiyaman 2 in Infinite World.
- Twin Justice Rush - Great Saiyaman 1 and Great Saiyaman 2's team Super Attack in Dokkan Battle.
- Burning Justice - Great Saiyaman 1 and Great Saiyaman's team Ultimate Super Attack in Dokkan Battle.
- Afterimage Technique - Use by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as a Super Skill in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it is exclusive to Videl.
- Energy Shot - A chargeable Ki Blast Super Skill used by Videl in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- Consecutive Energy Blast - An Energy Barrage technique used by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as a Super Skill in Xenoverse.
- Dynamite Kick - Her father's signature rush technique which she apparently learned from her father. One of Videl's Super Skills in her 6th skillset (Videl "Pigtails" costume) in Xenoverse.
- Rolling Hercule Punch - Her father's Megaton class punching technique which she apparently learned from her father. One of Videl's Super Skills in her 6th skillset (Videl "Pigtails" costume) in Xenoverse. In World Mission, Rolling Satan Punch Super Attack Accessory can be equipped to Videl via sticking it on her custom card via Card Creation or equipped to any of Videl's cards via the Custom Deck.
- Miracle Knee! - Her father's signature evasive technique which she apparently learned from her father. One of Videl's Evasive Skills in her 6th skillset (Videl "Pigtails" costume) in Xenoverse.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley - A stronger Energy Barrage technique used by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as a Ultimate Skill in the Xenoverse series.
- Rolling Bullet - An Evasive Energy Barrage technique used by Videl and her alter-ego Great Saiyaman 2 as an Evasive Skill in Xenoverse. In Xenoverse 2, it is exclusive to her Great Saiyaman 2 persona.
- Spread Shot Retreat - An Evasive Energy Barrage technique used in the Xenoverse series as an Evasive Skill. In Xenoverse 2, it can be added to Videl's custom skillset via Partner Customization.
- Full Power Energy Wave - A powerful energy wave technique fired from Videl's palm and by far Videl's strongest ki-based attacks which appears as one of her Ultimate Skills in her Natade Village Traditional Costume 1 Skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Meteor Crash - A rush technique and one of the Meteor Attacks used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in the Xenoverse series.
- Meteor Strike - A rush technique and one of the Meteor Attacks used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in the Xenoverse series.
- Justice Rush - One of Videl's rush strike Super Skills in the Xenoverse series which is used by Videl and her Great Saiyaman 2 alter-ego.
- Justice Combination - Videl and her alter-ego's Ultimate Skill rush strike in the Xenoverse series.
- Energy Charge - A ki charging technique used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in the Xenoverse series.
- Full Power Charge - An advanced ki charging technique that charges ki faster than Energy Charge used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in Xenoverse.
- Rise to Action - A Super Skill where Videl smacks her cheeks to reinvigorate herself in order to recover stamina. One of Videl's Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Charged Ki Wave - A Super Skill where Videl uses her ki to recover stamina. One of Videl's Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Justice Finishing Pose - The signature fighting pose of Great Saiyaman used by Videl in her Great Saiyaman 2 alter-ego. One of Great Saiyaman 2's Super Skills in the Xenoverse series.
- Maiden Blast -This technique can be added to Videl's customizable skillset via partner customization in Xenoverse 2.
- Super Guard - A defensive technique used by Videl as one of her Super Skills in the Xenoverse series.
- Super Back Jump - An evasive backward somersault technique used by Videl as an Evasive skill in the Xenoverse series.
- Super Front Jump - An evasive forward somersault technique used by Videl as an Evasive skill in the Xenoverse series.
- Dancing Parapara - This technique can be added to Videl's customizable skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization in Xenoverse 2.
- Prepare to be Punished - This technique can be added to Videl's customizable skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization in Xenoverse 2.
- Ki Pass - A support technique where Videl transfers ki to a single ally to increase their ki by two Ki Orbs. One of Videl's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Guard Boost - A support technique where Videl transfers ki to increase a single ally's defense. One of Videl's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- All Guard Boost - A stronger version of Guard Boost where Videl transfers ki to a ally which increases their defense along with the defense of all nearby allies except Videl herself. One of Videl's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Speed Up - One of Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Maiden's Rage - One of Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions. This attack is name Maiden Blast in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Maiden Blast - A stronger version of Maiden's Rage. One of Videl and Great Saiyaman's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Ultimate Maiden Blast - A version of Maiden's Rage that is even stronger than Super Maiden Blast. One of Videl and Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Maiden Blast - A stronger version of Maiden's Rage. One of Videl and Great Saiyaman's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Maiden's Burst - One of Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.This attack name is named Maiden Burst in Dragon Ball Fusions. In World Mission, the Maiden Burst Super Attack Accessory can be equipped to Videl via sticking it on her custom card via Card Creation or equipped to any of Videl's cards via the Custom Deck.
- Super Maiden Burst' - A stronger version of Maiden's Burst. One of Videl and Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Ultimate Maiden Burst - A version of Maiden's Burst that is even stronger than Super Maiden Burst. One of Videl and Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Maiden Burst' - A stronger version of Maiden's Burst. One of Videl and Great Saiyaman 2's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Cheer - Support attack damage boost. One of Videl and Great Saiyaman 2's passive Skills in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Hard Worker - Gain more EXP. One of Videl's passive Skills in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Mood Maker - Team Ki Orbs +1 by order. One of Great Saiyaman 2's passive Skills in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Fusion - In Dragon Ball Fusions, Videl can perform several types of Fusion.
- EX-Fusion - The two users must both be wearing Metamo-Rings, and then perform the Fusion Dance.
- Five-Way Fusion - As a member of Tekka's Team (outside the main story), Videl can fuse with five other people to create an Ultra Fusion. If the fusion initiated by Videl (or Great Saiyaman 2) herself, the result with be a female Earthling Ultra Fusion.
- Great Saiyawoman
Great Saiyawoman, also known as Great Saiyaman No. 2 (グレートサイヤマン２号 Gurēto Saiyaman 2-Gō), is Videl's superhero alias. After Kid Buu's defeat, Videl began using a similar costume to fight criminals. Her very first appearance as the Great Saiyaman No. 2 is near the end of Dragon Ball Z, in the episode "Celebrations with Majin Buu", where she and Gohan attempt to stop a robbery. Videl also appears as Great Saiyawoman in Wrath of the Dragon and in Dragon Ball GT.
Great Saiyawoman doesn't appear in the manga. In Dragon Ball Fusions, Videl in her Great Saiyaman 2 persona acts as a separate incarnation of Videl due to the Timespace Rift's connection to various timelines.
- "Super Saiyan"
Main article: Super Saiyan
During the Super Saiyan God ritual in the Dragon Ball Super anime, Videl's hair turns gold whilst the ritual is underway, thanks to Pan's influence.
In Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, this form is called Videl Possessed (GT) and appears as a non-playable card fought as a boss in the Story Event "Dragon Ball GT: Baby Saga Finale".
Main articles: Dark Magic and Supervillain During the Infinite History Saga, Videl is enchanted with Towa's Dark Magic spell by Dabura shaving off her life granting her greater power. She gains glowing pink eyes and a sinister black-and-white aura. Used in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Great Saiyaman 12
Main article: Great Saiyaman 12 Great Saiyaman 12 is the EX-fusion of Gohan (as Great Saiyaman) and Videl (as Great Saiyaman 2) that was introduced in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Ultra Fusion
Main article: Ultra Fusion Videl and/or Great Saiyaman 2 can perform Five-Way Fusion after being recruited to Tekka's Team in Dragon Ball Fusions allowing them to become an Ultra Fusion. If initiated by Videl or Great Saiyaman 2 (as both forms act as separate incarnations in Dragon Ball Fusion), the result will be a female Earthling Ultra Fusion. Additionally Videl can perform Five-Way Fusion with Great Saiyaman 2 and vice versa if they are teamed up together.
- EX-Fusion Tekka
Main articles: EX-Fusion and Tekka Either Videl or Great Saiyaman 2 can perform EX-Fusion with Tekka after joining Tekka's Team in Dragon Ball Fusions. The resulting fusions retain Tekka's selected gender, race, and name though will inherit Videl's hairstyle, shorts, and footwear, while in Great Saiyaman 2's case they inherit her helmet and the bottom half of her Great Saiyaman Suit.
Main article: Airplane A type of aerial vehicle used as a means of transportation.
Main article: Car A four-wheel vehicle used as a means of transportation.
- Senzu Bean
Main article: Senzu Bean Mystical beans with immense rejuvenation properties.
- Great Saiyaman Watch
Main article: Metamo-Ring A device developed by Bulma and produced by the Capsule Corporation in Dragon Ball Fusions that allows two people wearing them to create an EX-Fusion by preforming the Fusion Dance.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle
- Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball GT: Transformation
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
- Super Dragon Ball Z
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers
- Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
- Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Dragon Ball Legends
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
In Dokkan Battle, Videl is playable in her pigtails and high school clothes, her short hair and World Tournament outfit, her Natade Village dress from Broly - Second Coming and as Great Saiyaman 2 with her helmet-less Great Saiyaman 2 costume from Wrath of the Dragon being playable in addition to the helmeted version. Videl Possessed (GT) appears as an non-playable boss in the Story Event "Dragon Ball GT: Baby Saga Finale". There is also a playable card featuring her and Gohan (Teen) as a team and another team card of them as the Saiya Squad. Additionally her Dragon Ball Super design appears as a Support Item. Interestingly there are more cards featuring Videl's pigtails outfit (seven total if the Charming Dream Girls Dragon Ball Heroines card is not counted as it also features Videl with Pigtails with several other female characters) than her other playable outfits and Great Saiyaman 2 alter-ego.
In Xenoverse 2, Videl/Great Saiyaman 2 has special dialog with Future Gohan in which Future Gohan asks who she is, with Videl responding by asking if he is Gohan, who responds that he is but states he doesn't know her. Future Gohan's reactions indicates that he has never encountered Future Videl. Mr. Satan will wonder about the fate of her counterpart from the alternate timeline, if the Warrior speaks to him while training under Future Gohan as part of the Masters Pack DLC.
"We'll be rooting for you! Oh, you've got something for me? What's this? A s-swimsuit...? Y-You want me to fight in...this? J-Just what are you trying to pull? What? You think Gohan will like this? Wh-What are you talking about?! Would he... No! Forget it! D-Do you really think this will get Gohan's attention?"
— Videl's reaction to her "gift" in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Additionally, the Future Warrior can purchase Gift (Videl) from the TP Medal Shop, which the Future Warrior can give to Videl as a gift which unlocks Swimsuit as a Special Costume for her custom skillset. Her special costume is a pink bikini with the Turtle School kanji on the bikini top's left breast and Videl will sport her pigtails hair style while wearing it. When the Warrior gives her the gift she is shocked that it is a swimsuit and is unhappy about being asked to fight in it, asking if they are trying to pull something before the warrior explains they think Gohan will like it though embarrassed she asks what they are talking about. Eventually, Gohan asks what is going on and Videl starts to wonder if the Future Warrior might be right about the swimsuit, though has second thoughts before asking if they really think it will get Gohan's attention. Afterwards Videl can equip the Special Costume in Partner Customization. When selected while wearing it, Videl will humorously say "Y-You expect ME to Fight in THIS?!" expressing her displeasure at fighting in a bikini.
After unlocking her special costume, the Future Warrior can continue to give her these gifts to receive a random piece of the Trendy Bikini outfit for the Future Warrior (though can only be worn by females). The second time she receives the gift Gohan finds out though he complements Videl saying he's sure she'll look great in it and a thankful Videl rewards the Future Warrior with a Trendy Bikini piece to thank them for their help while each subsequent gift will result in Videl and Gohan inviting them to hang out at the beach with Videl privately confiding in them that she's somewhat apprehensive and nervous being alone with Gohan thus invites them to put her more at ease giving them the Trendy Bikini piece as an incentive to agree come along.
In World Mission, Videl is playable in her World Tournament Outfit via her official SDBH cards SH3-16 and SH5-19 which are both Berserker Type. However her High School Outfit, red devil dress from Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Super, and Great Saiyaman 2 form (who like Great Saiyaman is a separate character) have no official cards though they can be created as Custom Cards via Card Creation using Character Stickers. The Mega Rarity Videl 1 and Normal Rarity Videl 2 stickers represent Videl's Tournament Outfit, while Normal Rarity Videl 3 sticker represents her High School Outfit, and Mega Rarity Videl 4 sticker represents her red devil dress. The Normal Rarity Great Saiyaman 2 1 and Great Saiyaman 2 2 stickers can be used to create a custom Great Saiyan 2 cards. Due to custom cards and Accessories, Videl and Great Saiyaman 2 can utilize techniques, abilities, and CAA/TAA Special Abilities they cannot normally use in the main series or only used in games other than World Mission and Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Japanese: Yūko Minaguchi, Shino Kakinuma (Super Collaboration Special, Battle of Gods special edition, and DB Kai)
- Latin American Spanish dub: Carola Vázquez, Monica Manjarrez (DBZ ep. 200 only)
- Spanish dub: Mercedes Hoyos
- Filipino & Visayan dubs: Filipina Pamintuan
- Italian dub: Cinzia Massironi, Federica De Bortoli (Dynit)
- Portuguese dub: Fernanda Figueiredo (DBZ), Joana Castro (DBS)
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Melissa Garcia
- German dub: Anna Carlsson
- Hungarian dub: Anita Böhm
- Catalan dub: Eva Lluch (DBZ), Rosa Guillén (DBGT)
- Polish dub: Monika Kwiatkowska (DBZ movies 12 and 13), Magdalena Herman-Urbańska (DBS)
- Albanian dub: Anisa Dervishi
- French dub: Brigitte Lecordier (most media), Annabelle Roux (episodes 203 to 213 of DBZ), Jennifer Fauveau (DBZ Kai onwards)
- Greek dub: Matina Karra (DBZ), Maria Zisi (DBGT, Movies), Ifigenia Staikou (DBS)
- Dragon Ball Z
- Videl vs. Criminals
- Videl vs. Jimbo
- Videl vs. Rock
- Videl vs. Gohan (Great Saiyaman) (Anime only)
- Videl vs. Spopovich
- Videl, Yamcha, Chi-Chi, and Master Roshi vs. Dinosaur (anime only)
- Dragon Ball GT
- Videl, Goku (Ultra-full-power Saiyan 4), Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Pan, Chi-Chi, and Mr. Satan vs. Syn Shenron (Omega Shenron)
- Videl vs. Broly (C-type Super Saiyan)
- Videl and Gohan (Great Saiyaman) vs. Zombies
- Videl (Great Saiyawoman) and Gohan (Great Saiyaman/Potential Unleashed) vs. Hirudegarn (Hirudegarn (Pre-Transformation))
- Videl and Gohan (Potential Unleashed) vs. Hirudegarn (Hirudegarn (Post-Transformation))
- Her name is an of " "; since her father's original Japanese name is Mr. Satan.
- Videl's car, seen in the introduction, has "666" written on the side of it, in further relation to the religious references.
- In the episode "Blackmail", both Gohan and Bulma referred to her as Videl Satan, however, in the Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, Akira Toriyama states that "Mr. Satan" is actually a ringname for her father.
- During the World Martial Arts Tournament, when the spectators are shown cheering in episode 216, there is a sign nearby saying "Bidel" with a "B" . In later episodes, another sign is shown saying "Beedel".
- In the 1990s edition of the Spanish manga, her name is written as "Biddle".
- Videl and her mother-in-law Chi-Chi have a couple of things in common with each other. Both are powerful martial artists (though not as strong as their Saiyan husbands or children) who have fought in the World Tournament, both were raised by their wealthy fathers, and their mothers never appear in the manga or anime series.
- Videl has the distinction of being the first World Martial Arts Tournament Junior Division champion. This makes her the only known female Martial Arts Champion of any tournament (or division).
- Videl's hobby is being an ally of justice.
- Videl's favorite food is okonomi-yaki and caesar salad.
- Videl's favorite vehicle is air bike.
- Despite her and her father's names being based on Satanic traits, the two are actually quite heroic and love justice.
- Both Goten and Videl share the same voice actresses in the English dub by Funimation and the French dub.
- While her fate is unknown in Future Trunks' timeline (not counting Dragon Ball Super, in which she was erased by Future Zeno or killed by Goku Black, Future Zamasu, or Fused Zamasu), in Xenoverse 2 if the Future Warrior's mentor is Future Gohan, and they talk to Mr. Satan, he asks what is the deal with him and Future Videl in that timeline.
- There are slight differences to Videl's fight with Spopovich in the manga:
- When he blasts her to the ground, instead of an energy wave, no beam appeared, appearing to have been Kiai instead.
- Also, when Spopovich knees her to the face, some of Videl's teeth were knocked out, whereas they stayed intact in the anime.
- Videl's new haircut and pale skin color are similar to Fasha.
- Videl is born in Age 756 (according to the manga) and Age 757 (according to Super Perfect Guide for the anime).
- Videl is one year older than Gohan in the manga, meaning that she was at least 18 years old in her debut and 28 at the end of the original story, but is the same age as him in the anime.
- It should be noted however that Gohan is physically one year older than he should be due to spending a year training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber thus they would both be physically the same age even in the manga due to the time differential allowing Gohan to leap ahead in age by one year. Thus the anime would be accurate based on their physical ages and may have even taken that fact into account.
- In World Mission, the Hero Stadium clerk Moden resembles Videl and has the same pigtail hairstyle as Videl before she cut her hair. Additionally, Moden secretly owns a Great Saiyaman Suit like the one worn by Great Saiyaman 3, which is similar to Videl who wears a variation of Gohan's Great Saiyaman Suit as Great Saiyaman 2. It is unknown if Moden is related to Videl (like Beat who is a descendant of Goku in World Mission) or just resembles her as several of Hero Town's inhabitants resemble Dragon Ball characters.
Main article: Videl/Gallery
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 216, "A Dark and Secret Power"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Daizenshuu 7, 1996
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, 2009
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 200, "Gohan Goes to High School"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Saikyō Jump #6, 2014
- ↑ Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle, 2011
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: All Instructor Reactions to Gohan. youtube (January 30, 2017).