This is Sosuagwu17's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Sosuagwu17.
|Sosuagwu17's Talk Archive|
|Archive 1: March 12, 2018 - March 18, 2019|
Dragon has been banned for a couple months. That was not an easy decision to make, it's been something I've tried putting off doing for longer than I should have. It will make some things more difficult but if it's going to come to the point where we're going to lose other members over it (of which we already lost one) then I have to do something.
Hopefully that will cause you to reconsider leaving. I didn't ban him specifically because of you but because other users, especially new users need to feel like they can breathe and make contributions freely without a struggle.Bullza (talk) 03:08, March 27, 2019 (UTC)
- Well it's not that he does anything malicious nor does it go out of his way to cause these issues. I get where he's coming from so he can't be banned permanently as though he were some vandal or spammer, he just needs to give other people a chance to meditate freely even if there contributions aren't quite perfect.Bullza (talk) 04:00, March 27, 2019 (UTC)
- I never said he was a bad person, I just feel like he should give other users a chance to showcase their knowledge about the Dragon Ball franchise because I do understand where he’s coming from as I mainly know he’s only doing this just to keep the wiki safe from vandalism and keeping wrong information out but sometimes he can edit war with other users over the littlest things and I think his edit warring comes from the mere fact he’s just trying to protect this wiki and I feel users like him should be around to ensure that this wiki is safe because seeing the amount of contributions he has, I know for sure that he knows Dragon Ball a lot better than I do and it just wouldn’t make sense for someone like him not to be around. Though the only thing he needs to do is stop edit warring with other users and just give them a chance without removing their edits because it shows that you can work with other users even if you don’t particularly agree with them so this wiki doesn’t have to be like it’s a competition. I’m just as guilty as he is because I do edit war as well and I don’t condone anyone to edit war because it doesn’t set a good example to other users. Please unblock him because we really do need him because with me having to focus on other things more important sometimes I don’t have time to check up on the wiki and I know DragonEmeperor is a regular user in this site so he knows if articles are vandalized or not. So please let him in again because we really have to talk to each other as fellow users of this site and understand one another well so this doesn’t happen again. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 16:22, March 27, 2019 (UTC))
- I see where you’re coming from but since Kai has its own separate stuff especially in this wiki, it’s best just to list it even though it’s a remastered version of DBZ because Kai is still its own product essentially and still related to dragon ball media and the franchise so it’s best to list it as a Sony product since products related to Kai have been released in blu Ray and Sony fits under that category for Dragon Ball z kai. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 07:00, March 28, 2019 (UTC))
Autonomous Ultra Instinct
Sorry I accidentally removved transformation in the autonomous ultra instinct. i thought it was vandalised but then I checked history. Sorry! Please forgive me!InfinityDestroyer (talk) 04:06, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
- No problem. You’re good. At least you changed it back so now the problem is fixed. And thanks for acting based on possible vandalism even though the page wasn’t vandalized. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 04:17, May 21, 2019 (UTC))
I tried to discuss the edits with the one that is undo my edits, they won't answer. Call the admins if you like, I'm sick of not getting a response from them.
Explain to me where it was said that SSJR was SSGSS? I remember seeing that in the anime it was Black's Super Saiyan 1, because they misunderstood what Akira Toriyama gave them.
Just like Blue, Rose is a mixture of godly power with Super Saiyan. Blue is attained when a Saiyan mixes their Super Saiyan God power with the regular Super Saiyan. Rose is attained when a Saiyan, prior to reaching Super Saiyan God, had already had natural godly power or Ki due to prior status as a god and mixes that power with their regular Super Saiyan form turning them to Rose. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 06:10, May 21, 2019 (UTC))
here is the translated source, which this is the V-Jump Source I mentioned in the other talk page. It is then proven that Goku Black has the normal SS form, and then his own SSGSS form which is Rose. FlatZone (talk) 06:01, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
Good source, it might make things more clearer. I was actually trying to find a translated version. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 06:10, May 21, 2019 (UTC))
I didn't ask for your input and i wasn't talking to you in the first place. It's not even your talk page. --Nikon23 11:32, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
- As a user of this wiki, I’m free to talk in any talk page regardless if it’s my talk page or not. And I noticed you started calling Bullza rude and offensive for simply trying to explain why we changed certain characters names back to the original names in the Japanese broadcast. It is not your place to call someone rude or offensive for simply trying to explain something to you especially when I know that Bullza is not rude person and has actually helped me around this wiki especially if I have conflicts with other users. Bullza is a well respected user especially by me and I will speak out for him if I know Bullza didn’t do anything wrong against you or any other user as Bullza is there to help. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 11:40, May 21, 2019 (UTC))
Once again...I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, SO MIND YOUR BUSINESS. I CAN ASSUME WHATEVER I WANT. What is your problem? --Nikon23 12:01, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
I don't care or did i ask for a explanation. I been here way longer than you. So once again i wasn't tqliking to you. Go find some attention from someone who cares --Nikon23 12:04, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
No one has a problem here except you. You’re the one calling Bullza rude, for who knows what. And coming to my talk page bringing in some nonsense that shouldn’t really be necessary. And yeah I commented on why you called Bullza rude because based on the exchange you two made Bullza wasn’t being rude at all. And if you did look at the explanation on the name changes then why are you asking Bullza about the name changes? Look, it is never your place to call someone rude especially when they’re trying to explain something to you and I really appreciate it if you don’t do it as this can lead to a situation such as this one that we’re in right now. I never meant for the comment to bring any ill will and it really doesn’t matter if I comment on something even I wasn’t initially apart of it as it could’ve been a way for me to explain to you instead of Bullza and besides it wasn’t like I was being in any way shape or form disrespectful to you I only commented on Bullza not being rude when he was clearly not being rude so I would really appreciate for this feud to end. It’s not the place for all this bickering. (Sosuagwu17 (talk))
For the last time, i wasn't talking to you and I don't care what you have to say. Are You his bodyguard?! I'm not responding to this anymore. You're whining is pathetic at this point. Attention seeker are always trying to make something out of nothing. How about you get off the computer and go outside. I'm going to go do what grown ups do and go to work. Ok champ 😒
There is no fued so i would appreciate if you once again mind your business. Trying to get brownie points with administration 🤣--Nikon23 13:07, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah don’t respond as this shouldn’t have been brought up in the first place and is meaningless. You should be the one to grow up for whining over something so little just for me simply making a comment on the exchange and you making a huge fuss about it. This is not needed in my talk page or in this wiki in general especially when someone is trying to help you and you’re calling him rude and offensive for no reason. I’m done with this and this shouldn’t have even been brought. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 13:18, May 21, 2019 (UTC))
Blah! Blah! Blah! Take your own advice first and stop acting like a attention seeker already. They're not going to make you a administrator 🤣🤣--Nikon23 13:23, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
And I didn't ask for help --Nikon23 13:24, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
And if he had a problem with what i said, then he would of said something, not you.
This is pointless and you being here in my talk page with this nonsense is pointless, so you know what i’m not even going to respond anymore. I tried to have this senseless bickering stop but it goes in one ear and comes out the other so you know what. I’m not even going to respond anymore. End of conversation. And you can quit arguing as this won’t take us anywhere and it is best to act like this never happened and really work with each other as fellow editors of this wiki. If you were upset for me butting in your conversation, then i’m sorry. And I never meant for this to go to this lengths. I hope you can be able to forgive me for the trouble I caused you even though it wasn’t my intention as I want to ensure I maintain a good relationship with other users of this wiki so I apologize for any of your ill feelings toward me and I hope we can reconcile as fellow editors. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 13:35, May 21, 2019 (UTC))
I told you to leave me alone. This is a entire new day and you keep bring up yesterday. You are really pathetic at this point😒--Nikon23 22:44, May 22, 2019 (UTC)
Nothing, this was a matter between me and Nikon23 and it’s settled. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 23:55, May 26, 2019 (UTC))
sorry for vandalizing
IM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO GO TO JAIL
I’m glad to hear that you’re sorry. But please don’t vandalize pages as that can get you blocked from this wiki. This wiki is meant for people to contribute not vandalize. Sosuagwu17 (talk) 18:20, May 27, 2019 (UTC))
It doesn't matter if it is used for personal pages or not the use of gif images is not approved on this wiki. We try to keep this wiki free of clutter even if it is from a scene in the series it must have a proper place in the wiki, user pages do not count.--Tuxedo12 (talk) 01:46, May 28, 2019 (UTC)
No where in the rules that stated that gifs can’t be used in userpages. It only said that it can’t be posted or used in main articles. I know Gifs are a very strict thing in this wiki but when it is in a personal userpage then that shouldn’t be a problem. It never said that adding gifs to userpages doesn’t count but adding fanart to userpages definitely doesn’t count as stated by the rules but did say fanart is permitted unless to describe oneself or use it as your profile picture. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:51, May 28, 2019 (UTC))
None of my gifs are in articles so that should be good? (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:57, May 28, 2019 (UTC))
And plus even if the pictures I uploaded are not in proper pages or articles I still am able to upload pictures in my userpage. Other users besides myself have done this even admins for that matter so this shouldn’t be a problem. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:03, May 28, 2019 (UTC))
Super Saiyan (Berserk)
Why is "Super Saiyan (Berserk)" more accurate than "Super Saiyan 2 (Berserk)"? From what I can tell the Japanese name is "Super Saiyan Out of Control" so the title is conjectural, yeah? Wouldn't it then make significantly more sense to have the title indicate it's a berserk version of SSJ2? Because it's kind of confusing the way it is. BlackDragon 01:08, May 29, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah it is but according to Neff and a few sources he got from Dragon Ball Heroes, it is called Super Saiyan (Berserk) and I believe Dragon Ball Heroes call it that even though it is technically Super Saiyan 2 but don’t quote me on this as I’m not a 100 percent sure so the person you should be really asking is Neffyarious. Because adding Super Saiyan 2 berserk is like adding an unofficial name and this wiki is strict on how certain articles should be named. And there’s no indication whatsoever that they’re using an unofficial so we should leave it how it is.(Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:15, May 29, 2019 (UTC))
A good example would be an article like Legendary Super Saiyan 2 which is using an unofficial name as the real name of the form is unknown. But since Super Saiyan (Berserk) is an official name compared to Super Saiyan 2 (Berserk) which was a name made up by you, the Super Saiyan (Berserk) is more preferred since it’s an official name even though it may oppose the fact we’re calling it Super Saiyan (Berserk) even when we know it is Super Saiyan 2 as names of people, forms, and techniques that are named in Video games, manga, anime or any Dragon Ball official source is more preferred compared to unofficial names such as made up names unless the name of the attack, person, technique or forms are unknown. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:26, May 29, 2019 (UTC))
But my question is, why would Dragon Ball Heroes not be using "超サイヤ人 暴走 (Super Saiyan Out of Control)? I can't see it for some reason using an English name like "Super Saiyan (Berserk)", which seems just as unofficial as LSSJ2 to me. Especially given it's a Japan only game. And it's not like I just "made the name up", it's indicating it's a berserk version of the SSJ2 form (which is stated in the article), as the current one indicates it's a berserk version of the SSJ form, which is false.
If official names are preferred (which I do know, given I've been here for 8 years) then why is it not titled "Super Saiyan Out of Control" for example? BlackDragon 01:39, May 29, 2019 (UTC)
I know that the name you provided indicates that it is a berserk version of Super Saiyan 2, but I looked it through myself and i’m actually finding English translations in the video game and if you look at this video  to 1:55, Dragon Ball Heroes literally names it Super Saiyan (Berserk) for the English version. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:52, May 29, 2019 (UTC))
Ah, it's from the Nintendo Switch game Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission. Alright then, I thought you were talking about the arcade game (which is only in Japanese). I was just looking for clarification, as to me it looked like the name was unofficial (as the last I checked, it was "Super Saiyan: Berserk" so I thought it was just a slight renaming and still had no official English name and therefore I was renaming it to something more accurate. Well, there's nothing we can do now. I guess the people that translated the game were unaware it was actually SSJ2, I guess lol. BlackDragon 02:32, May 29, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah you’re right. Sorry for confusion because I thought Dragon Ball Heroes pertained to all the games and I wasn’t being that specific. But isn’t the arcade game of Dragon Ball Heroes the same with the ones gotten from the DS or Switch or somewhat the same? The only Dragon Ball game I play most regularly would be Xenoverse 2 but even so i’m Not that active in it and i’m Really not that much of an expert when it comes to video games especially me not having the popular Dragon Ball games like FighterZ due to FighterZ not having specific characters that I want aside from the main/important characters.(Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:56, May 29, 2019 (UTC))
Goku: Xeno; It isn't confirmed he actually attained Super Saiyan God(?)
Hi, before I make this edit, I want to run it by you, a source listed that Goku Xeno had stated he'd attained Super Saiyan God at some point. I have actually been trying to translate it, with some luck I have some idea what Goku's saying. Goku never stated he achieved Super Saiyan God, he said he 'borrowed power' from his allies at one point, but never said he achieved Super Saiyan God. There could be extra dialogue to this that is out there, and I am looking in the game for this specific scene, but I have run it by translators as well as someone fluent in Japanese(Not English though), and found that Goku is alluding to only having borrowed energy (example: like in the first Broly movie) and doesn't state he reached Super Saiyan God. One could say that in the games he has "God Kamehameha", but so does Master Roshi. TheCreepy904 (talk) 12:23, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
I guess because he went through the ritual instead of training that he actually borrowed the power instead of achieving it through training as I do remember him saying that he solely gained the form through borrowing the strength of other Saiyans in one episode in Super and did admit that all of his Super Saiyan God powers are not purely his unlike Vegeta who trained and achieved the form through training his butt off making his SSG in addition to his Blue purely his own power and not the strength of anyone else. So Vegeta achieved the form through training while Goku solely borrowed the power but able to use and control its power continuously unlike when he first used it so I guess that should be pointed out there. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 16:45, June 6, 2019 (UTC))
Ah my bad. I didn't really read it carefully but yeah if Goku Xeno was able to borrow the power of Super Saiyan God doesn't that mean he more than likely transformed into the form given that he has used the power at some point? Because I mean one way to achieve Super Saiyan God is borrowing the power of at least 5 Saiyans transferred into one Saiyan correct me if I’m wrong. Because if he borrowed the power it is more than likely he went through the ritual to become a Super Saiyan God and it would be more than likely he would have to transform in the process of the ritual to know if the power got within him or not given that Super Saiyan God is a transformation. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 08:20, June 7, 2019 (UTC))
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, Goku Xeno never stated to have borrowed power from Saiyans in particular, I searched for help and found this:
ああ→it depends yes, oh ...etc
あん時の→at that time
みんなの力借りたオラ→I borrowed everyone’s power
自力で鍛え上げたオラ→I trained by my self
Yeah the text seems to be a bit unclear and doesn't really specify on whether he used the form or not. But I feel you should tell Neffyarious about this as he probably knows a lot more about Dragon Ball Heroes than I do and quite honestly I’m not really caught up with any Dragon Ball Heroes material. But if you feel the need to edit that and point that out, please do so. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 23:16, June 7, 2019 (UTC))
On Kanzenshuu forums, it was debunked. He was saying "the me who borrowed power" as in he was not referring to himself. Xeno Goku never went Super Saiyan God himself, and he does not have God Ki at all. FlatZone (talk) 23:46, June 7, 2019 (UTC)
Oh really is that so? Then we should probably remove the Super Saiyan God section from Xeno Goku's page but tell Neffyarious about this and see what he says. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 23:55, June 7, 2019 (UTC))
Can I put images of characters on their Wikipedia?
But when I put pictures of Vegeta in Dragon Ball Heroes because they were only two images so I wanted to be more picture
But after a few days, there were again two pictures as before
Whoever I did not even take pictures —This unsigned comment was made by Jahagaavid04 (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
I removed the pictures from the gallery because they had bad naming as images with bad names are constantly requested for deletion as they go against the wiki's policy of image naming though if they are good enough they might be able to stay as the admins rarely delete the photos that are either useless or have useless naming. I even sent you a message on your talk page regarding those images and why I removed them. If you're thinking about re-uploading them, please upload them with good image naming or else I might request them for deletion and you're more than allowed to add the images to the gallery just make sure your images are well named. The pictures don't need to go to the article page since we have a separate page of adding more images which is the gallery page of any articles you are uploading images to. I was even planning on re-uploading the images with better naming. I hope everything was clear to you and you understand why I removed them. If you have anymore questions or help, please reply back. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 10:33, June 7, 2019 (UTC))
SSJ Shallot Image
The image did not confine to good naming so it had to be temporarily be removed. If you like you may reupload the image or I may reupload the same image for you but with better naming so please upload images with proper names and be sure to look at the sites rules and policy especially on images. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 19:47, June 7, 2019 (UTC))
I'm gonna put the old ones in the gallery insteand okay is that fine to you?
I will reupload some of the old ones because some of them have bad naming and I will put them into the gallery. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 22:49, June 7, 2019 (UTC))
No problem. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 22:52, June 7, 2019 (UTC))
Hello. While I appreciate your contributiions to this wiki. You are editing at a very fast pace recently and is making it kind of difficult to see what other users are doing and activiites going on as well here. Therefore I would like to ask you to slow down and edit less often so as to give a breather and other users a chance to be seen as well. Thank you. 0551E80Y (talk) 02:42, June 9, 2019 (UTC)
Okay no problem. Sorry about that. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:44, June 9, 2019 (UTC))
Im confused now
The Ki is already mentioned to come from Super Saiyan God so no need to add it as godly Ki. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 15:55, June 13, 2019 (UTC))
Yes it does. Follow wiki policies on image naming and it won't be a problem. Images should be named properly so the wikia acg would be able to know where these images belong to. Indeed, this wiki has to be more strict with images because users constantly upload images with poor file names not knowing it is against the rules to do so and even upload unnecessary duplicate images. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 05:15, June 21, 2019 (UTC))
I will but refrain from edit warring on articles. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 05:25, June 21, 2019 (UTC))
Okay, I will not delete any more pictures anymore
But I'll just add pictures
Okay (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 14:17, June 23, 2019 (UTC))
These images you upload are not tagged. You should tag them with the fair use template so it can be signified that they are copyrighted images. I'm not saying you can’t upload them but please tag them so it can save me all the work of tagging them for you. And also please upload images with less watermarks and try to make the images more name specific without saying Vegeta or Goku all the time. Like add a description or specify where they belong to without having the images just say the character names all the time. Don’t misinterpret what I say by saying you can’t upload images with just a character’s name but i’m saying you should try not to do it That often. Be sure to sign your posts. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 22:26, June 27, 2019 (UTC))
Wow! I never even knew i was blocked in the first place until i got the email. I'm done here--Nikon23 23:21, June 27, 2019 (UTC)
Ignore that message. i have no idea why another user's talk page popped up in my email. I got confuse and thought i was the one blocked --Nikon23 23:27, June 27, 2019 (UTC)
It's probably because you followed that talk page. Try unfollowing it. You will receive any email notification of a page that you are following that has recently been changed or edited on unless you disabled getting email from any fandom wiki you have been on. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 23:34, June 27, 2019 (UTC))
And how can I do it if there is Goku or someone else on the picture?
To post a link to this license later on this license or what I already do not know is not what the license is
And I do not know how to put it in the picture
If you understood me now, what did I say? —This unsigned comment was made by Jahagaavid04 (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
You have two go through some license templates we already have in this wiki and whatever licensing your pictures fall under must be tagged with that license by simply editing the picture you uploaded and adding it there. Here are a list of some license templates that I know or found.
(Sosuagwu17 (talk) 12:49, June 28, 2019 (UTC))
Go to the edit section of the photos you upload and simply at the template. Usually the fair use templates are used when licensing pictures but there are other templates as well that can be used for those reasons. Because the photos you upload with the Dragon Ball screenshots from films don't belong to this wiki but whoever produced the Dragon Ball media or film that is being distributed as a photo in this wikia, you should always license these photos so this wiki won't be hit with copyright infringement claims and let others know that the owners of the said media allowed us to distribute these photos of their works. That is what the owners of this franchise authorized us to do so any photo of their works should always be tagged with their respective licenses. This is listed in our rules that photos should be licensed as soon as they are uploaded because we don’t want to advertise something that is possibly used for copyright infringement purposes. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 14:50, June 28, 2019 (UTC))
Yes you have to do this as it is part of our rules. Whoever is first to upload an image must tag them with their license. Be sure to read up on the rules, standards and manual of style. I will help you tag them but some of the pictures you uploaded have watermarks which is not authorized as they are advertising something other than Dragon Ball so i May have to re tag them as candidates for deletion since I didn’t know that was against the rules. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 15:25, June 28, 2019 (UTC))
Okay, mister editor person, you're clearly not going to change one small thing without reason, so here: I literally only signed on an account to correct this one thing because it bothered me so much. Sure, "It" can be used to describe people, but it is almost always in a derogatory or insulting manner. Using "it" to describe anyone is incredibly insensitive, and I thought that would be obvious. That is why 'they' is usually used as a third person pronoun to refer to someone of indeterminate gender, so that you aren't dehumanizing them. If you don't want to change one minor thing to avoid potential conflict, then fine, I couldn't care less. I just thought that I can help make a minor correction to an overall fine wiki. —This unsigned comment was made by LemourQueen (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
Yeah “it” can be certainly used in an insulting way depending on how it is used. If you are referring to a human being as “it” rather than “he/she” that can make sense for a person to find disrespectful but in this case “it” is referring to a being of an indeterminate sex that doesn't exactly happen to be a human or possessing not much of human qualities in which case “it” would be an okay word to use especially for Kamioren being an example of this. Using “they” is generally incorrect to refer to one person or thing since it was made to be a plural pronoun and refer to more than one thing. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 22:31, July 13, 2019 (UTC))
For adding the copyright thing to the Future Warrior Heroes Flute image, that completely flew from my brain. Thank you for adding it, I greatly appreciate it!
No problem. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 16:33, July 19, 2019 (UTC))
King Vegeta and Bardock
There are three versions of King Vegeta and Bardock that appear in the anime, manga and movie. and the movie version is the offical version. stop undoing my edits. it's not just anime and managa. i seen other pages with more than just anime and manga Nikon23 04:12, July 24, 2019 (UTC)
They are not 3 different versions, the story of them or specifically their backstories just happened to be told differently in separate continuations of the story. And if there were different versions of them, they most likely would have separate articles. Based on the formatting of the character infobox, character pictures usually have there photo appearances in both the anime and manga, so I am going based on that. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 05:09, July 24, 2019 (UTC))
Nikon23 05:16, July 24, 2019 (UTC)
Are you really doing this again?
So because in the dub it states that SSJR is a "God-like Saiyan" does that make it the absolute canon? No, if the guides state otherwise, the dub has no say in what is and isn't canon. The way the dub portrays Goku Black is different to how the Japanese portrays Goku Black, one of the key words being "beautiful". Goku Black is obsessed with his "beauty" of being a god, not shown near as much in the dub, don't go saying this wiki goes by the dub, because you can't, your spreading misinformation, head canon if you will. Head canon isn't canon, the dubs are not 100% faithful and can't be for obvious reasons. To stop misinformation the Japanese quotes should be used, and English quotes should be mentioned, but not the main quote. TheCreepy904 (talk) 06:46, July 28, 2019 (UTC)
- First of all English quotes are used in a variety of articles and I don't see a problem with it being there. Second the quotes are almost the exact same, just said differently so the quotes shouldn't even be a problem. When there are information that happens to have an English version whether it be name of characters, techniques or quotes available they are usually changed to its English version because English material here are widely accepted here as well and information in English doesn’t necessarily mean giving out misinformation as you put it. You do understand that this is the English Dragon Ball wiki. so anything that comes out in English will likely be changed to its English version though I am not sure about the contradictory side of it regarding information presented in the English vs. Japanese version.(Sosuagwu17 (talk) 06:56, July 28, 2019 (UTC))
It doesn't matter, if the quotes are the same you'd have no problem keeping it as what's said in the Japanese. This wiki is known for misinformation, ascended super saiyan, ultra super saiyan are not official names and shouldn't be treated as such. I am aware of other articles having english dub terms, but that doesn't concern me at the moment, there is a ton of misinformation surrounding Goku Black which is why I'm watching this article to make sure there's not another "SSJR is SSGSS in the anime" situation.
Whether you like it or not, the english dub is not the "canon portrayal" as to say compared to the japanese, for reasons such as mouth flaps, but when it comes to Goku Black his character is quite controversal when it comes to the dub.
This is an English Dragon Ball wiki, so regardless whether information given by Funimation pertaining Dragon Ball may still be contradictory, It is still something that can be included in articles stemming from quotes to names of things related to Dragon Ball. I am not saying that the English dub is always right, I just don't see a problem changing from its English version to the original version when it is not going to be a problem to the overall article. No one seems to have a problem with it except you. And I'm sure that the quote has been stayed like that in the article for a long period of time. Honestly, I don't think we should even be fighting over this because the quotes literally mean the same thing and it wouldn’t make a difference if someone changed it to the other version. But I believe due to the fact the quotes are marked from whichever episode they came which happen to have the Funimation version of their episode title mentioned in the quotes, the Funimation version of the quotes are more consistent to keep considering the episode titles are marked in its Funimation version their names when available and whenever quotes were derived from those episodes. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 12:44, July 28, 2019 (UTC))
Listen, I understand where your coming from, but Goku Black's a complex character, the way he talks, the words he uses, reflects his personality, it doesn't come out in that same manner with the dub. It shouldn't matter whether this is an english wiki, since Dragon Ball Super more newer fans have been introduced to the series via the japanese subs. If it's not that different then why do you have a problem? I may not be the only one who has a problem with this, it's only you, since your the first and only one to start these "wars" with me over these things, first being the SSJR is SSJ thing, which you also threatened to report me. The Funimation episode titles are basically one to one in Dragon Ball Super to the Japanese, not the quotes. The fact that Funimations Christopher Sabat has stated they have taken liberties with the dub and are changing things around here and there, perfect example being Black. I don't believe this is right and all it does it give off the wrong impression of the characters in this series, Dragon Ball deserves more respect than this. If this is a wiki that is really dedicated to Dragon Ball, they should keep english only elements and japanese elements seperate. If not, the wiki should be renamed to "Funimation Dragon Ball wikia".
We aren't done with this, to prevent further conflict, I'm going to refrain from editing the page again, until we come to an agreement. I don't want to edit war with you. TheCreepy904 (talk) 13:27, July 29, 2019 (UTC)
Same reason to talk it over as fellow users but you still continued to mess with the page even when given reason and a warning for the edit warring before a consensus so I had to report you for violating that. But if you still decide you want to complete the conversation then go on ahead. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 13:52, July 29, 2019 (UTC))
Corrections made to the filename and type. Sorry about the earlier error, I figured it was a JPG.
No problem. And please upload them with their license type as well. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 00:11, August 3, 2019 (UTC))
stop editng my talk page Nikon23 13:42, August 4, 2019 (UTC)
I was removing my messages from your talkpage that haven't been responded to. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 13:53, August 4, 2019 (UTC))
i'm tired of you always being on my page. i could of deleted myself. you always on page. are you following my page also? i'm trying to distance myslef away from you. Nikon23 14:39, August 4, 2019 (UTC)
Dude why are you always trying to start fights with me? I told you I was deleting some messages of mine that was in your talkpage that hasn't been responded to yet that is why your talkpage has been edited so why are you having a problem with it and making it a bigger problem for the two of us? Your talkpage is not the only talkpage that I have removed my messages that haven’t been responded to and in fact I have also removed my messages from Yonedge talkpage that he hasn’t responded to and I'm sure he wouldn’t have had a problem with it. Man it's just users like you that make me want to quit this wiki for good. It’s best we not talk nor interact with each other as it would do the both of us good. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 15:04, August 4, 2019 (UTC))
Don’t worry I added the Dr. Slump icon to the infobox. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 21:48, August 15, 2019 (UTC))
Possibly. Maybe she might make a cameo in a flashback animation in the Super anime when it comes back or actually fully appear at some point being she is a very known character despite her lack of consistent appearances in later DB series like DBZ or DB GT for example. she might also probably appear in a future short special chapter in Toyotarō's Dragon Ball Super manga if Toyotarō decides he want to add Launch into his manga or have her fully appear in Super in the manga in future arcs or the current arc though the likelihood of that is very slim in my opinion due to the focus of the arc mainly being about Moro and the Saiyans Goku and Vegeta joining up with the Galactic Patrol to stop him but either way it is still possible she could appear in Super since Super isn’t done yet due to manga still being ongoing. We just have to wait and see what happens. I'm sure she will probably appear in Super at some point though I don’t know and I can’t actually determine if she will appear in Super since there hasn’t been any official confirmation of her appearing in the Super series as of right now. It’s up to Toriyama, Toyotarō, or Toei Animation (when they bring the anime back) to decide whether she will appear in Super. I would still love to see her in Super though we just have to wait. I’m sure she will likely appear at some point in the Super series. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:29, August 17, 2019 (UTC))
Images with poor filenames
I've noticed that some are labeled for deletion, with the statement they should be re-uploaded with a better filename. Wouldn't it be more efficient to just rename any images with poor filenames? --Neffyarious (talk) 16:03, August 20, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah it would be more efficient to rename an image with a poor file name in an article immediately when I find one. Thanks for pointing that out. Though I have renamed some but there are probably more to rename that are tagged for deletion but still left on articles and it is just a lot to handle right now for the time being. Tuxedo12 might be able to help with that issue if either one of us asks him since he mainly focuses on the image area of the wiki and tags images with poor filenames and uploads a new version along with tagging the license in whenever he finds one that needs to he replaced. Probably work on changing the names of ones that I find in articles or galleries with poor file names and possibly tagged for deletion. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 17:00, August 20, 2019 (UTC))
Cool, I'll get on renaming images too. Make sure to change the names on the pages the images are featured on to (if you haven't already been doing so) to avoid broken file links. --Neffyarious (talk) 17:39, August 20, 2019 (UTC)
Okay I will. Also I think there is a broken file link on the fair use template for the dvd version for it that needs some fixing. I can’t edit the fair use template to fix that because admins are the only ones allowed to edit on it. If you look at it in source mode, The file says [ ["Image:Dvdiconcover.png|64px|DVD Cover"] ] . There is no image existing for that file. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 21:35, August 20, 2019 (UTC))
Template:Fair use, Same goes for the video game version of the fair use template. There is also a picture that is listed that doesn't exist. The file name says something like gamepad.svg but I can’t fully remember the name. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 14:44, August 21, 2019 (UTC))
Lack of images.
I know you were the one who made up most of the pages for the Dragon Ball Super episodes. I've gone through them in batches (as well as the other shows) to add more sections, information and make them more consistent and everything.
Well I noticed that there's a whole bunch of pages starting from Episode 79 up to about Episode 105 with the odd exceptions that have next to no images posted for them at all. There's nothing in the summary and nothing in the gallery. It's fine after that point but for that batch there's nothing.
Where are they? Did they not get uploaded? Were they uploaded and just weren't added to the page or what? They look very out of place and underworked without the images like practically every other episode page so I was wondering if you knew were there were seeing as you edited these pages and keep tabs on the images so they could be added on there.Bullza (talk) 16:05, August 21, 2019 (UTC)
No, I have no idea. I just went to the episodes from 79-131 and noticed there were missing sections so I added them along with later putting stubs on those sections so anyone who wants to work on those sections can put in more information to make it more consistent like the episodes listed before episode 79 that have those sections. It seems there were rarely any images there by the time I started editing those pages with the exception of the titlecards which I am consistently updating and adding the English titlecard with the japanese in their respective episodes whenever the English version comes out in Toonani along with renaming the episodes to its Funimation version. I'm working on filling up the character, locations, techniques and transformations sections for those episodes as I've done a few. The Spanish Dragon Ball wiki seems to have completed that so I might go there for information on those sections that needs some filling up to do and add them once I get the information over there with the addition of removing or fixing any errors in the list since there are a few errors but still amount of information that can be presented. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 16:41, August 21, 2019 (UTC))
Yo son goku and his friends return English Dub?
No. Though there is a fan dub available for it on youtube or possibly dailymotion. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 03:37, August 29, 2019 (UTC))
Earlier, I asked in the talk section of Fuwa's Attendant, was is it appropriate to place Kibito as the counterpart to Fuwa's attendant and OMEGA48 said why not. That's why I added the counterparts since they carry out the same role except in different universes KeybladeNoctis (talk) 00:46, September 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Well I guess they can probably be listed as counterparts since they share the same position and are from both Universe 6 and 7 respectively which are twin universes though I feel that that section in the character infobox is only meant for duplicates of a certain character eg. alternate timeline counterpart, clones, etc. or characters that share very similar traits with the addition of sharing the same or very similar job titles but from different places or universe like Frost to Frieza for example or King Sadala to King Vegeta though don't take my word for it as I don't know if it applies to people that work in the same position but two people working in the same position doesn’t necessarily make them counterparts and I feel they should have similar traits in addition to that I just mentioned to make them be considered as counterparts that's why I undid your edit. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:11, September 13, 2019 (UTC))
- I already explained this to you on how you should do this on your talkpage but you still didn’t read it and continued to upload pictures without proper licensing, going against warning numerous of times even after being blocked twice for it. Look at your talkpage. I explained this to you. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 21:22, September 13, 2019 (UTC))
Head to the Super Saiyan Rosé Talkpage
- Yeah what Creepy said, he asked me to ask you to go over to the talk page so you can dispute whatever the issue was with the new contribution.Bullza (talk) 01:59, September 15, 2019 (UTC)
Oh okay. I saw his message but forgot to respond thanks for informing me about this. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 03:29, September 15, 2019 (UTC))
inaccurate information about Android 17
I saw that you reversed the changes I made about Android 17.
I simply deleted some inaccurate information, according to which Gokû says in the original Japanese version that he will try not to kill 17 after turning into SS Blue.
This is totally incorrect. I speak a little bit Japanese myself, and I checked with people who are totally fluent in that language, and here is what Gokû and 17 actually say:
17号「そんな変身も できるのか。」(so you can transform like that, too)
孫悟空「本当は しねえつもりだったけんどよ。」(to be honest, I didn't intend to)
17号「手を抜いていたというわけか。 ふざけたやつだ。」(so, you were holding back. You're a real jokester)
孫悟空「そういう お前も 本気じゃなかったみてえだな。」(I guess you were not serious either)
17号「フン。 続きをやるか。」 (hmpf! Do you want to continue?)
孫悟空「ここなら 森も関係ねえから 思いっ切りな。」(there's no need to worry about the forest here)
As you can see, there is absolutely no mention whatsoever of Gokû trying not to kill 17.
Look, I don't want to start an edit war, but I cannot overlook blatantly wrong information that will lead the readers to believe things which are simply not true. I just care about accuracy and indisputable facts, so I would really appreciate it if you didn't cancel this edit.
Thank you for your understanding.
No problem. Just explain in the edit summary when you delete information because others who don't know may think you are removing possible valid information for no reason that's why I had to revert your edits. Now I understand so I won't revert the edit anymore. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 23:45, September 17, 2019 (UTC))
Got it! ^_=
Turles and Gine
Outside of the royal bloodline Saiyan men don't care about family and children, and Toriyama said that Saiyan men usually don't know or care to know. Gine changed Bardock and they had Raditz and Kakarot. Turles was said to be Goku's brother and by extension Raditz brother but he was never said to be Gine's son. It is more likely Bardock had impregnanted another Saiyan woman before he started to fall for Gine, then from there he didn't know or care to know about Turles or his existence.. then Bardock fell for Gine and was changed. So saying Turles is Gine's son is entirely speculation. It should be removed from Gine's page and Turles page. FlatZone (talk) 02:01, September 18, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah true. But in that source did it ever state Turles to be Bardock's son though just for clarification. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:06, September 18, 2019 (UTC))
The source simply calls Turles Goku's older Brother. Gine was stated to have two sons. Bardock himself was never stated how many kids he sired exactly. So Gine herself only has 2 kids, Bardock had 3 apparently. FlatZone (talk) 02:07, September 18, 2019 (UTC)
Okay then I guess it can be removed. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:09, September 18, 2019 (UTC))
Yeah some pages do that due to a bug problem but I will remove the extra info that is already in the infobox. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:23, September 18, 2019 (UTC))
"Use talkpage if you want information removed even if it is right or wrong because it has been there for a long time."
Someone already posted this information a long time ago on the talk page but no one actually responded and what that person said was true there is no mention in manga or anime regarding "cannot become stronger after obtaining immortality"Nekron2 (talk) 19:21, September 18, 2019 (UTC)
- If you notice someone brought this up but have not responded to it you should’ve brought this case to currently active users or a currently admin in their respective talkpage for help regarding this subject. But please use talkpage first before removing information and if others don’t respond you can bring this to an admin for help. But we can discuss this in my talkpage why it should be removed. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 19:29, September 18, 2019 (UTC))
Yeah, sorry about that, I am new to this wikia. I recently went through the entire goku black arc (both anime and manga) and it has never been even hinted that immortality prevents oneself from growing stronger than before. In manga goku black stated the reason as to why he didn't want immortality is because "If you have a mighty sword, you don't need a shield" pointing out his super saiyan rose transformation but this wasn't even hinted anywhere.Nekron2 (talk) 19:35, September 18, 2019 (UTC)
No problem. I'm not too familiar with the manga as I've only watched the anime so in the text you provided I can see where you are coming from because it never really said that and only said immortality is not much of use to him when he has the his unique form such as Rosé due to lack of interest but did not say he can’t become stronger while immortal so that text may have to be removed. I only put it back because the information has been there for a while and it could be right information. I'm sure Neff or Bullza have read the manga so you might want to ask them about this as I've really only watched the anime. And I'm currently reading parts of the manga due to the Super anime airing stopping and no anime adaptation of the current Galactic patrol prisoner saga. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 19:45, September 18, 2019 (UTC))
THIS IS FUCKING CANON YOU RETARD
YOU GET ME FUCKING BLOCKED BECAUSE I SPEAK THE TRUTH?! GOTEN IS FUCKING INBRED YOU FUCKING MORON!!! THE VOICE ACTORS SAID IT THEMSELVES!!! HOW IS IT NOT FUCKING CANON?! DID YOU NOT SEE THE LEAK?! I'M JUST TRYING TO EDUCATE EVERYONE THAT WHAT WE THINK IS CANON IS ACTUALLY NOT!! Peskyplumbers (talk) 18:39, September 23, 2019 (UTC)
Were you planning on filling out more of the biography sections fro the latest chapter of the manga like you did with Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo or were you finished? I was waiting to see what you were doing because if you were going to then I'd leave you to it but if not I'll continue with it.Bullza (talk) 06:22, September 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah. Pretty much as they need to be updated whenever each new chapter comes out if there was already content on the sections to begin with. I'm a pretty slow writer so I may not get to every character quickly but at least I have a month to write everything out before a new chapter comes out. I'm also planning on doing one for Merus. May not be much to write for Saganbo and Moro so I may do there's as well. I think I might do Dende's but if you are up to update it before I do please feel free to do it. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 06:30, September 24, 2019 (UTC))
- Well I'll do a few of the other ones then like Jaco, Galactic King and Bulma.Bullza (talk) 16:52, September 24, 2019 (UTC)
Okay sounds good. I think I already updated Bulma's own though. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 19:27, September 24, 2019 (UTC))
- I saw you'd put this in with a few characters "how the events of Goku and Vegeta's parents time is what lead King Vegeta to exile Broly to Vampa resulting in the events of the Broly Saga." and I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. Parents time? What did Goku's parents have to do with King Vegeta sending Broly away? And Vegeta's parent is King Vegeta.Bullza (talk) 00:58, September 25, 2019 (UTC)
Well, it was something Raphblade7 wrote and I just happened to copy and paste it to fill up some sections for characters that appeared in the Extra Edition 4 manga chapter. Now that you mention the part about Goku's parent time leading King Vegeta to exile Broly, it should be removed since it is false and they had no connection to Broly being banished from Planet Vegeta. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 01:12, September 25, 2019 (UTC))
- Well the wording is off, it doesn't really make any sense. I'd reword it but I don't know what it's trying to say. Goku's parents had nothing to do with it and it's weird to say Vegeta's parents are leading to King Vegeta doing something.
- Then again I'm not sure why it even needed to be its own section as Frieza isn't in the Galactic Patrol Saga. It's just Goku telling Merus and Jaco of previous events that are already described in the background section.Bullza (talk) 02:06, September 25, 2019 (UTC)
I think it was really meant to say King Vegeta's exile of Broly is what led to the Broly Saga as narrated. How about this rewording
"During the "Extra Edition 4" chapter of the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga, [Character] makes a brief appearance as the narrator notes the actions of King Vegeta exiling Broly to Vampa ultimately resulted in the battle against Broly during the events of the Broly Saga."
Maybe the section for Frieza appearing in the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga should be removed but then again I thought flashbacks count as an appearance. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 10:45, September 25, 2019 (UTC))
- It's counted but we'd include it in the part of the story where the flashback happened. So like Frieza recounted his confrontation with Bardock and that happened in the Frieza saga but on Bardock's page we put that in the background section, same with King Vegeta. In the Frieza saga there was a flashback with Raditz and Nappa meeting Frieza but that was put in the "Between Jaco and Dragon Ball Z" section.
- So I'm seeing on Cheelai's page that she has a Galactic Patrol Prisoner saga section but it just details what she did in the Broly saga so it should really be a Broly saga section. Just makes it confusing otherwise.Bullza (talk) 17:25, September 25, 2019 (UTC)
No problem. Just wanted some clarification. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 19:04, September 25, 2019 (UTC))
Rogeta and SS4
Rogeta has a long standing issue with me and he is known to edit war with not just me and but other users too, so he will never accept an edit to the page. I also already posted the proof on the SS4 talk page and the new thread I made.
- What do you mean? I don't ignore consensus nor do the other mods I know do. If anything this wiki encourages consensus to be made to stop disputes upon users that can lead to edit wars or flaming and they encourage consensus to be made to leave it to the greater of the community to decide what needs to be kept or changed about the article whenever disputes arise so I don't know why you think mods ignore it. You yourself should know that whenever disputes happen and no consensus is reached it is up to the mods to make a final decision to the change and try to make users reach consensus with each other from their own input to the matter. I've also reached agreements with users that I've disputed with without admin help so I don't know why you think I ignore consensus. But I did tell Rogeta to stop with the name calling and discuss this respectfully with you in the talk. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 17:53, September 26, 2019 (UTC))
https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/User_talk:Rogeta234#Insults here he calls me a cunt why isn't this guy banned?? FlatZone (talk) 20:31, September 26, 2019 (UTC)
- Not sure. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:28, September 29, 2019 (UTC))
Hello there. I'm an admin on the Dr. Slump Wiki and have expertise knowledge on the series.
It appears some info on the Dr. Slump articles here are simply false and I wish to correct them. Is that too hard to ask or am I doing it wrong? It's strange because the editor here is vastly different to the one on my home wiki.
However I am asking to do my corrections as I understand the subject matter more than most around here.
- No problem. If you are an admin and have expertise knowledge of the Dr. Slump series then I trust you to correct any misinformation on the Dr. Slump articles here. Sorry if I reverted your edits as I wasn’t sure but since I know you are an admin in the Dr. Slump wiki then I have no problem of you correcting or changing information in the Dr. Slump articles here. Thank you. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:28, September 29, 2019 (UTC))
Hello there, Tackytack with a small question.
Is it possible I can source links of certain aspects of Dr. Slump articles here back to the Dr. Slump Wiki?
Things such as anime and manga origins, external links?
This can support the Dr. Slump Wiki more as I and my small group of editors need all the help we can get to make the English Dr. Slump knowledgebase the best it can be.
Yeah, I don't see any problem with that. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:44, September 29, 2019 (UTC))
How to prevent info box growth thing
I've noticed whenever I try to simply edit in the links of debuts, the article page multiplies the infobox info below and it is very confusing to me.
It's strange because the Dr. Slump Wiki's editor is different compared to this type? I'm still new to this type if I'm honest and I can use some quick help to prevent that from happening.
It's a bug issue. Don’t worry I'll fix it. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 03:48, September 29, 2019 (UTC))
Re: 2 users Removing Content from pages
I already took care of the issue, thanks for letting us know.02:52, October 2, 2019 (UTC)
- No problem. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 03:13, October 2, 2019 (UTC))
Here are some links that will get through to you and everyone here.
I'm not sure what you were hoping your links would prove, but I understand what you've been trying to say and I have clearer proof: https://youtu.be/A9pGGZHmEGs?t=1475
You can see Zamasu's attack at the designated point in the video (24:35 specifically) and it's just the blade.
The ki blasts shown in the image are from that Zamasu's regular attack, not Heavenly Arrow. Characters in Heroes (that aren't giants or SP) always use their regular attack (depending on the type, either a melee combo or ki blasts) before using their Super. Dominodalek (talk) 16:33, October 3, 2019 (UTC)
- Oh I see. But I pretty much am unfamiliar with this as I haven't played the game but from the looks of it it does look like a blade attack. That image might not be an attack from Heavenly Arrow but does Heavenly Arrow appear in the game? Rogeta was saying that the image was from a ki blast of God Split Cut which is a regular attack. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 16:48, October 3, 2019 (UTC))
- Very well then. Neff has already removed the information about Heavenly Arrow appearing in the game under God Split Cut. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 18:09, October 3, 2019 (UTC))
As you may have noticed we are currently in talks to promote you to admin, of course last time the subject of admins came up we added the rule that a user would need to be asked first before they were given the position, so I'm just making sure would you actually be interested in the position? --Neffyarious (talk) 19:58, October 3, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes I would like to be an admin here in this wiki. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 20:04, October 3, 2019 (UTC))
You're now an Admin
- Thanks I will do my best. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 20:10, October 4, 2019 (UTC))
My recent edit
Well DBS is still continuing with the Moro arc in the manga so it very likely the anime series may come back and adapt the arc plus after the success of the Broly movie, I don’t have a doubt that the anime series for Super will come back eventually. I'm just waiting until we get an actual announcement of its return. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 04:00, October 6, 2019 (UTC))
- Just a suggestion, but since there's no news on anymore DBS episodes so far, could we as that it is the last episode of the anime "So Far" or "To Date"? That way, we'd indicate that there could be more episodes coming in the future.TheGreenBeetle (talk) 05:59, October 6, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah that'd be fine. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 06:01, October 6, 2019 (UTC))
No problem. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 06:08, October 6, 2019 (UTC))
- Thanks JackJackson. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 02:07, October 7, 2019 (UTC))
Where are we lacking?
I generally like to make some more meaningful edits to improve this wikia as a whole as opposed to fixing typos or minutia but I can't think of anything. Where is there some good room for improvement to be had here now? I did the Power Level page, the Timeline page, all the Movie pages, the Video Game pages, I updated almost all of these Episodes and Saga pages, I do most of the stuff regarding Dragon Ball Heroes and the Super manga and updating the characters, I updated the info boxes, implemented the Abilities tabbers, implemented the Other Dragon Ball Stories section etc...I don't know what's left, I'm running out of ideas.
I think the personality and character appearance sections needs some improvements because either they lack in enough information or are totally empty for certain and some major characters like Dende who doesn’t even have enough information in his personality section despite being a pretty well known character. I'd generally do those sections if I knew what to write on them but because I'm not that good in those sections I generally pass on them and have someone who is capable of putting in information on them generally put information that's why I've been sometimes asking other users to help out in those sections if they want to although sometimes I do make an effort to fill up those sections if I come up with an idea even though it may generally not be the best but it is a way to fill up that section if needed. The movie sections are definitely lacking in information for certain character like Krillin, Master Roshi, and some major and probably lots of minor characters that's why I have been putting stubs on them so I can work on them later and I'm glad I'm through with finishing up the film appearances section for Bulma. About other things we can implement to help improve this wiki, I've been thinking and thinking and I happen to have no ideas of what other things we can help improve this wikia but I was planning on putting in the images for the viz media titles for all the Dragon Ball manga since the title images are all shown in its japanese text and want to add those images for consistency reasons. I also essentially put in the Japanese title images for all Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT Episodes and I'm currently focusing on fixing the infobox, romaji and kanji for all the episodes in the Dragon Ball series and I'm planning on doing the same for the Dragon Ball manga chapters. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 12:34, October 7, 2019 (UTC))
- I'll sometimes add to the Appearances if it's empty but yeah that or the Personality section isn't something I usually dabble in either. The movie sections though, they are quite lacking for many characters. I had no idea that Roshi's was so empty. Janemba to say he's pretty popular doesn't have much written at all.
- The Dragon Ball/Z manga chapters is another thing that could be updated because they aren't all at the standard as the Dragon Ball Super chapters but I'm not about to read through 520 chapters just for that but maybe one day. The info revolving around Dragon Ball SD is lacking but then I don't care to read that. Jaco the Galactic Patrol has a summary given for the first two chapters and then nothing for the rest so that's a possibility. The Dragon Ball Kai episode pages aren't at the standard as the others now but I ain't about to go through all that either.
- Yeah I think maybe the movie one then, I'll go through the movies and update the characters where needed, fill that out. This wiki has so many pages it's kinda hard to keep up.Bullza (talk) 13:09, October 7, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah it really is for sure, that's why I may need help on doing some of the explanations for some of the characters cus of course I can't do all of them by myself and I may need some help on some of them. Many users I've seen for some reason don't like to contribute to those sections or write little and they wait until someone else fills it up that they start doing very little or minor edits on them. The only user that I've seen that would really do the most work in those film sections would be DragonEmeperor but even he's not here and he is a huge asset when it comes to that section especially since he's helped shorten out and added a few missing details when I filled up the sections for Bulma in her film appearances sections for Broly, Resurrection F and Battle Gods and if he were still here he might have done it for the rest of the movies that I filled up for Bulma because I can admit that the Path to Power and Sleeping Princess explanations for Bulma's appearance is really long and needs to be shortened down. Same for the Goku and Vegeta explanation I did for them of their Broly movie appearances. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 13:35, October 7, 2019 (UTC))
- Well ideally you want to have enough information so people know what's going on but without over explaining every detail because these pages are pretty long as it is and with all the pictures it can slow pages down. Things like movies and video games because there's so many and they're secondary also don't need to be probably as detailed as the main biography. It always annoys me seeing how long the Xenoverse 2 section is on certain character pages because it's way too long for just one simple game.
- It's hard but I also try to be consistent with the volume of writing. So for example (and this ain't a criticism) on Dende's page you wrote about as much information for what Dende did in the newest chapter of the manga as was written for him across the entire Majin Buu saga lol.
- Several people do this though now, if you look at Goku's page, the Universe Survival saga section goes on forever, that section accounts for 63,000 bytes worth of info. Meanwhile the section for the entirety of Dragon Ball Z which is made up of almost 5 times the amount of episodes...that account for only 48,000 bytes worth of info. It should not be like that at all.Bullza (talk) 14:18, October 7, 2019 (UTC)
Indeed we should be consistent with the level of writing and not over explain things too much which I have trouble keeping things simple and straightforward and end up explaining something I already previously explained, mention even the little bitty details that aren’t really relevant and I sometimes try to avoid irrelevant details by skipping them and summarize in way that connects the piece of information so readers can understand my writings without overdoing it a little but even that doesn’t work and it still happens so I just give out whatever ringing bell comes in my head whether long or short even if my contributions are totally not the best because I can admit explaining every detail of what a character did or do in a saga can be tiring and sometimes it is even hard for me to use words to explain important or relevant details while trying to shorten everything. But I still try my best to keep everything short but still end up explaining things really long for some reason. Maybe that is just my own natural way of explaining things. That's why when I add really long explanations I ask people to shorten down for me but even nobody offers to do it except for DragonEmeperor but that was when he was here. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 14:44, October 7, 2019 (UTC))
- Well it's always better to have the information there as opposed to it not being there. I suppose I'll eventually have to comb through Goku's page to shrink it down. About a year ago I did that but now it's ballooned up again, I should see about bringing it down to under 500,000 bytes.Bullza (talk) 14:52, October 7, 2019 (UTC)
That's sounds fine. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 14:59, October 7, 2019 (UTC))
- Because there was already an image existing for that and there was no need for the duplicate image so I uploaded it as a new file version of an image that was already the same image and deleted the one uploaded by you due to being a duplicate. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 09:47, October 11, 2019 (UTC))
Then delete the old one instead. The images I'm uploading have the name of the character(s), place, object, etc., and episode number which makes them easier to find. beadtmdc (talk) 12:49, October 11, 2019 (UTC)
- The old images names are also easier to find as well and they are fine the way they are. All you needed to do was upload a new file version. Not upload a duplicate image that is already the same unless if it was decided to be replaced by the duplicate image. Also, they don't particularly have to have the episode number, place or object to be easier to find. The character name or object with the option to also adding the movie, tv show or manga name they appeared in is more than enough to help find an image. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 14:59, October 11, 2019 (UTC))
Okay, but then don't we need to change the immortality page? As if fused zamsu survived zeno's erase ability, then what is written on multiple pages is wrong.Nekron2 (talk) 10:32, October 13, 2019 (UTC)
- He was erased. But in Dragon Ball Heroes through unknown means he was brought back to life. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 10:38, October 13, 2019 (UTC))
Actually, in heroes Fused Zamasu outrightly stated that he was brought to life by his immortality, not by some mysterious force. So, zeno's erase ability actually failed.Nekron2 (talk) 10:43, October 13, 2019 (UTC)
Source? (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 10:44, October 13, 2019 (UTC))
Though I cannot provide manga links, this will help-
It didn't say that, it only said that immortals are susceptible to being erased. Meaning that despite a high percent chance an immortal can die by being erased there is also a chance an immortal can survive the erasing ability. It didn’t say that immortals cant survive the erasing ability so I see no contradiction there. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 11:07, October 13, 2019 (UTC))
Neff added in a few more details so it can make sense. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 11:10, October 13, 2019 (UTC))
The drawbacks still state this-
"Even being made immortal via the Super Dragon Balls does not render them immune to Zeno's Erase ability. This was demonstrated in the anime when Infinite Zamasu, as noted above, was erased by Future Zeno. This was also implied in the manga by Future Zamasu's concern about what would happen if Future Zeno found out about their Zero Mortals Plan, and later confirmed in Chapter 26 of the manga, where Infinite Zamasu, the evolved state of Fused Zamasu, was outright erased by Future Zeno."
- Neff fixed that as well. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 11:24, October 13, 2019 (UTC))
- Thanks Rogeta. And also I already apologized to you about the Heavenly Arrow thing when you messaged me on Community Central. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 22:31, October 17, 2019 (UTC))
Broly DBS in FighterZ
- You already took care of it but please refrain from adding that very word into article as there is no official true canon. Please stop adding canon or non-canon into articles we go by the real meaning of it which is any Dragon Ball related information that comes from an official source such as Toriyama, the animators of DB, toyotaro, daizenshuu, video games or any other official source like anime series or manga series pertaining to Dragon Ball. (Sosuagwu17 (talk) 16:22, October 18, 2019 (UTC))