This is DragonBallZ050's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to DragonBallZ050.
Please don't bring drama here
I don't appreciate anyone leaving drama on my doorstep. If you want drama, please take it to someone else cus I don't want it. If you bring me drama, I am going to report you to an Admin, and then you'll get punished. So remember, no drama.
Cool Profile pic
Yah 17:39, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
Hey there, I see you're a discussions moderator. Nice to meet you. Just had a question, why did you randomly warn this guy to behave? He was posting a rather innocent question. That's not really "just something mods always do" as you seemed to suggest in your comment below that, please don't randomly give users warnings like that. — • • 17:54, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
I looked at the post, Final Chidori. DragonBallZ050 was just saying to behave and obey the rules, since they were new. When he said "Just something Mods always do", he was talking about greeting the New Comer and giving them a link to the Rules and Guidelines. It was only a misunderstanding. He wasn't trying to fuss at the New User, it just seemed to come across wrong. Thank you for the concern, though.
- That's understandable, thank you. DragonBallZ050 - I don't really believe it's necessary to do that to every new user, it creates somewhat of an unwelcome environment when the first reply on your first post is from a moderator telling you to behave. It's also slightly spammy since it has nothing to do with his question, the rules and guidelines are easily available to the left of the board anyway. Perhaps in the future you could send them a welcome message on their talk page as to not be off-topic :) — • • 19:22, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
- Final Chidori, I have always done this, it helps all users to know where I am, and I'll stick by them. Me and Fenn have our ways on the discussions and forums, we always do this. When I tell a user to behave, it expresses my standards, as I strive to keep the discussions clean and fun. I am a strict mod, and i do not ket people belittle me like this. I keep an eye on discussions all the time. Please let me know if you have a problem with this, and I will happily resign. 19:38, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm saying that telling a user to "behave" right off the bat in a scolding tone creates an unfriendly atmosphere and is off-topic. My intention is not to belittle you or tell you to resign, I'm simply asking you to please stop doing that. I see you've been promoted recently and I'm happy you're eager to welcome new users, but vaguely telling them to behave and posting a link to the rules (that are easily located on the sidebar anyway) isn't quite the best way to do it. As you can see the user was confused and thought he did something wrong. — • • 19:46, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry about that but I will run the discussions how I see fit. Me and fenn have been doing that for months. If you have a problem, I will resign as you clearly have something against me for one thing. 19:48, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
- You've been a moderator for less than two months. I don't have anything against you and I'm not telling you to resign, I'm telling you to stop spamming new user's discussion topics with confusing, redundant, and off-topic welcome posts. You can always send them a welcome message on their talk page. If you'd like to resign, you're free to do that as well. Also, please clean up your talk page signature. This is a pretty good guide if you're not sure how. — • • 19:52, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
- I like it like this, okay? I'm done with arguing. I'm running it like me and fenn have been, so I will also do talk pages, as I don't do editing. 19:54, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
Please calm down. I'm not arguing with you, I'm telling you that your job as Discussions/Chat moderator is to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and that what you're doing right now is doing the opposite of that. You're also breaking the rules as messages like that fall under spamming/off-topic. Again, you're free to resign if you'd like to do that. Also, once again, please fix your signature. — • • 20:13, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
This is how we have always done it. The reason that we do not go straight to a talkpage is due to the fact that not everyone visits those. If we leave a message on their talkpage with the rules, and they do not know that they have one and break the rules to a degree that would require ban, they would reply that they did not receive any such message. If we give it to them on their first post, they will see it. This is in no intentions to be rude or off-topic, this is just how it is done. It has been done like this on many other strict Wikis, as well. Also, your signature is good, Joe. It's just like Bullza's.
- Yes, as Mgdod1 said - I'm referring to the signature code being displayed on the page. The signature itself is fine, it's just standard to "clean it up" by making a separate template to display the original template. The tutorial for that is at the bottom of this page.
- I understand you've been doing this for two months but that doesn't mean you can't change what you're doing, especially when what you're doing is technically against the rules. Two months isn't exactly long enough to justify a "this is just how it is done". Leaving a message on someone's talk page gives them a notification. This is why official ban warnings are usually left via talk page as well. Leaving a message on someone's talk page wouldn't bloat up threads with off-topic posts and it wouldn't confuse users like it clearly confused that guy in the example I linked. It's great that you guys want to interact with new users and be friendly, just please keep personal messages like that on talk pages and maybe word them slightly nicer than a vague "please behave" if you're planning on doing so. :) — • • 02:55, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- We are thankful for someone who will look out for other users, @Final Chidori, however, what DragonBallZ050 did was not wrong. It came from his heart as a greeting to a new user he had yet to meet and he gave them easy access to the rules and guidelines. There is nothing wrong with this and it is not against the rules to inform OF the rules. This, for better or worse, is a mod's job. We are here to keep order, not to roll over and show our bellies for each new user. We were not trying to annoy, nor were we trying to offend. This is our way of saying "Hello" and "We are guaranteeing their protection and the protection of others." Once again, I want to say thank you for your care and we will take into consideration your words. @DragonBallZ050. What you did wasn't wrong, and do not offer to resign over every disagreement. I know this may hurt to hear, but it seems every time someone hurts your feelings, you want to quit. I don't approve of this. If you wish to be a Global Discussions Mod, you can't just fold at every foul word. Remember, not everyone will like you. This is a concept I know well, but we can't just let people steamroll us. Don't worry about how many people dislike you or say something hurtful. Remember you have people who like you and are friends like me and Fenn, and we will stand by you no matter what. Maybe you weren't serious about the "resign or quit" thing, but remember that you have a responsibility to protect people, even if they hate you for it. This is our job and it is just like Spider-Man. Though everyone hates us (I don't think everyone hates us) we still have to protect them, because "With Great Power comes Great responsibility." These are words to live by, even if they DID come from a comic book. Be strong and unwavering like a rock, because in the end, that is what people need most. Something that won't change with time or faulter with weather. I'm not trying to hurt you, I just want you to grow you selfesteem. You have power. Use it.
- With kind regards, and a brotherly hug,Ya Boi King Kai (talk) 06:38, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you. I'm am referring you (Chidori) to Bullza, and getting your rights removed. I have had enough of being pushed over. People think I'm weak, but I'm not. I keep on going when something gets in the way. If you have a problem, I'll just refer it to fandom staff. Try and belittle me again and again I will strikeback 10 times harder. Now hang your head in shame.
- Also, thanks ybkk cus I have no idea what to do without my online big sister and bro! 07:05, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- I am an Admin and I never get notifications for my Talkpage. This is the best way to get a User's attention.
Ya Boi King Kai - Once again, I completely understand he has pure intentions. I'm not saying notifying new users of the rules is against the rules, I'm saying that notifying new users of the rules in a topic that isn't related to the rules is off-topic and is better done on a talk page where personal messages are meant to go. If you're actually replying to their topic and throw in a "by the way, welcome to the wiki - here's a link to the rules" at the end, that's all good. The rules and guidelines are very clearly located to the left of the screen anyway.
DragonBallZ050 - I've told you repeatedly to the calm down and that I'm not trying to attack or belittle you. I've been nothing but cordial and respectful throughout this conversation, now you're threatening to "strike back" at me. For the last time, please calm down. This is no way for a moderator to act.
Fennekin, you might want to contact Wikia/Fandom support over that. You're supposed to get a little orange notification at the bottom of your screen every time your talk page is edited. Are you using an app or something by any chance? — • • 12:41, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
I will take into account your wishes and me and Fennekin will look in to how we can improve the discussions overall. If you wish to take part in this, please join in the discussions and I'll be more than happy to make a compromise. 12:46, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- I saw your pre-edited message about being angry at me. It's not really acceptable for you to get this upset after the tiniest hint of criticism, especially if you're aiming to be a global moderator. All I've done is simply ask you to greet users on their talk pages and maybe alter your messages so that they're less confusing and you've jumped between threatening to resign and threatening to report me.
- I see the general welcome post you created and I think that should work perfectly well. This way it's not off-topic and, as long as the messages are worded correctly, not confusing. Thank you.
- I see your signature still isn't formatted correctly. I could help you with that if you'd like? — • • 13:05, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
Yeah, please sort my sig. I don't mind. And I am sorry for getting angry at you for no reason. I was bullied for years, and I take it to heart easily. Originally, I would have resigned anyway as I am stepping up to a Global Mod, and left it to this user so I have time on my hands, but I am staying mod here as well. I would still be mod here, but I would have extra perms. Fenn also told me on Discord to just leave it, and ignore you, but I want to solve this. If you need me in any way, shape or form, please let me know. I am always here to help
Im sorry about getting so angry at you and a bit of advice, don't pick at people for the tiniest things possible. It makes people feel down. Remember that I am prone to... angry outbursts.
DragonBallZ050 (talk page ) 13:12 February 28, 2020 (UTC
- Sure thing, what page is the signature you're using located at?
- I appreciate you not outright ignoring me. My intentions aren't to pick at you guys for tiny things, I just want to ensure that new users feel welcomed properly and attempt to reduce spam/off-topic posts. If you're prone to angry outbursts, you might want to sort that out before continuing to moderate websites like this. You're supposed to keep a cool head. Thank you again for your understanding. — • • 13:24, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- It's rare. Only when I am ticked off. i
- Page is Template:DragonBallZ050/sigR
- Oof. Well, I technically didn't say to ignore you. It was more like, "Don't let them get under your skin". Sorry for being rash. I've seen Joe get trolled MANY, MANY times and just figured that was what was happening, and tried to look for a way to get this under control. Sorry if I said anything, or came across as offensive. It was not my intentions if I did. I need to be more careful next time. It does make me happy to know that there is another Admin watching over the Discussion Posts. Once more, apologies if I said anything offensive.
- Have a blessed day :D
Regarding the Personal Information Privacy Rule
Heya! On your profile, I had to remove your birth year from your infobox due to the Personal Information Privacy Rule. Sorry.
Yeah that's fine. I am going to speak to Bullza if he can implement it on the whole fandom. 19:42, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
Oh. Bullza is a man. I know his name can be confusing. To be honest, I wouldn't know if I hadn't have looked at his profile for Personal Information.
(It was half 11 at night) 07:27, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
I noticed your signature was on a template page, so I moved it to your userspace at User:DragonBallZ050/sigR. Template pages are reserved for non-personal projects. I noticed "Joe is here!" didn't link to anything, so I made it link to your profile page. I also made the latter part of your signature link to your talk page, so clicking on "talk here" would redirect the viewer to this page. Please let me know if you'd like me to tweak the colors or change anything.
Please follow step number 4 of this guide. Instead of "sig2", your second signature page will be located at User:DragonBallZ050/sigR2. This way it won't display the full code on someone's talk page every time you sign. — • • 17:47, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
I just saw you removed a post for violating the "security act". Do we have that act in writing? I can't find anything about it in the rules or guidelines. — • • 18:06, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
It is something me and fenn are hoping to enrol. We got it from a wiki we run, and we out it here. It protects all users from being phished or impersonated. We don't want anyone being stalked. It's only on discussions anyway, so if they share it on talk pages, it isn't our problem. Template:DragonBallZ050/sigR
This is the post it is from. Security Announcement. I meant to put it in the Guidelines right after the Security Breach on another Wiki, but it slipped my mind. My apologies for the clumsiness. I am going to go and get that done right now, before I do anything else. (Also, I use the Desktop Browser, and I don't know why, but I NEVER get Notifs for my talk page. But, I frequent my Talkpage often, so I don't miss anything.) 2-28-2020
We implemented it to make everyone safe. If you want to update it at any point, let me know Template:DragonBallZ050/sigR
- @DragonBAllz050 - I think you moved the signature back to a template page. Again, those are reserved for non-personal templates. I moved it back to User:DragonBallZ050/sigR. You also edited the signature again so the talk page link seems broken again, just letting you know. It doesn't actually link to your talk.
- @Fennekin - Please propose rules here, they would have to be reviewed and approved by the community, and then officially written down both in the Wiki rules page and the Discussion guidelines. Rules can't just be imported from other wikis without a consensus. Thank you. I would also really recommend asking support about the talk page notification issue, that sounds very inconvenient. — • • 19:29, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
Thank you very much! I didn't even know that there was a page like that for the Rules. I'm still pretty new to the way that this Wiki works. I left the rule in it's entirety on that page. Also, do you know of anyone that I should contact regarding the Talkpage Notification glitch?
- No problem! I'd recommend filling out this bug report form. You could also leave a message on a Staff member's page, sometimes that's the quickest and easiest way to get a response. Even if the staff member doesn't respond, there's usually a bunch of people at Community Central who'll jump in and try to help. — • • 20:29, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- I just filled out the Bug Report Form. Thank you very much for the help!
Beeku Super Saiyan 01
Hi dragonballz050 I'd like to apply to become a discussion moderator, cause I really feel like I can help. I've been here for two years now well almost and I wanna help the wiki.Thank you for reading. Beeku super saiyan 01 (talk) 08:32, March 1, 2020 (UTC)
Beeku, you really need to write more, this isn't enough. I need to know who is responsible enough to take on my legacy. Please rewrite but with 200+ words.
Hi I would like to request to be an discussions moderator . I feel I am suited for the job because I have been here for a long time. I am understanding and will be as helpful as I can. I have never been banned and I like to help people, stop trolls, stop bullying etc. When I joined the wiki in December 2017 I saw many trolls and now I see that increasing number of people diffusing the trolls = less trolls trolling so I feel like If we lose one of our admins/mods even temporally the rest of the admin would have to work harder to maintain the peace. I would try talking to trolls/rule breakers and explain what they did wrong(the warning) . Then I would give them a 24 hour ban if they continued. Then if they continued a week a month and then permanently. I hope that you read this and decide I am a good addition to the team if I get the position I will work(train) hard eat and sleep plenty, because that is the turtle hermit way. Beeku super saiyan 01Beeku super saiyan 01 (talk) 08:46, March 1, 2020 (UTC)
It does appear you are fit for the job, but please wait for now, until we know for sure who we want 09:52, March 1, 2020 (UTC)
Hey, I'm guessing have to sign up for the DIsscussion Monitor. I don't crack under pressure, my defense is kinda rock solid. I'm nice to people, and I've been here long enough without breaking any rules. I've never been banned out of almost two years, which is something. I've learned from you on what to do with welcomes, and what to do. I'm never gonna try and start a war, because that's senseless. I'm patient, but I only get drowned in Roleplays. I'd never antagonize someone, because that's super-stupid. Doesn't matter to me if I get it, but I stil would like being an discussion monitor.
I know you and Fenn are mainly looking over this thing and the users who are applying for it. I'm not sure how many it's up to but I'd say when you've narrowed it down to the last two then let me know and I'll join in with helping pick the one.
10:57, March 2, 2020 (UTC)
Yeah, that's fine. Really, I would like this user to be a discussions moderator over the others, but honestly, if he isn't chosen, this user and should do a good job at this. • • 12:39, March 2, 2020 (UTC)
Congrats on getting Global Discussions moderator! I've went ahead and removed your basic wiki moderator rights since Jammer92 has filled your previous position. Good luck with your new role, and congratulations again! — • • 20:26, March 4, 2020 (UTC)
- Not entirely sure what's going on, so you're sticking around here and plan to keep moderating? I've put the rights back in place until whatever confusion is sorted out.
12:52, March 5, 2020 (UTC)
- I was under the impression you were stepping down since you mentioned Jammer92 was your "successor"? You're welcome to stay if you'd like, I'm just a little confused. Either way you wouldn't need the basic moderation rights anymore because the Global mod role covers everything + blocking, right? Just making sure. — 14:49, March 5, 2020 (UTC)
- If my basic rights are removed I can't moderate forums • • 17:12, March 5, 2020 (UTC)
We have a social administrator + two other discussions mods now, I feel like that'll be enough to handle our relatively small forums for now (especially since they're pretty much defunct and are moving the discussions soon anyway). — 20:35, March 5, 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah there is a bunch as it is, technically there's seven users with Discussion Moderator privileges right now. Between Ya Boy King Kai, Jammer92 and Fenn are you sure you even need that?
18:01, March 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, otherwise I can't moderate forums as me and Fenn have different time zones. • • 18:03, March 6, 2020 (UTC)
Forums are pretty much entirely dead and are merging with discussions soon anyway. I don't think there's enough activity on them to warrant so many moderators. Have you been heavily moderating forums in the past? When's the last time you used your role for forum moderation purposes? — 23:27, March 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Looking through your logs it looks like you've actually never used them at all. I don't think it's really necessary in that case. — 14:30, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah take them then. I'll still mod here though with my global rights. • • 14:43, March 7, 2020 (UTC)