|Archive 1: January 2017 - April 2018|
- Well I literally watched Resurrection F a few hours back and absolutely nothing was said about Frieza barely being alive. He'd been beaten by Vegeta, blew up Earth and then Beerus and Whis said he probably didn't die because his kind can breathe in space. So it is speculative to say he barely survived the explosion.
- Now really once someone makes an edit and removes something, unless it's obvious trolling then it shouldn't be put back in. You're supposed to go directly to the talk page and talk it out. That way the page doesn't have to be spammed and nobody needs to get in any trouble.Bullza (talk) 12:22, May 8, 2018 (UTC)
- You can see in the first link that I reverted the original edit shortly after it was made, Rogeta234. Why are you claiming it was "around" before I "started complaining about it" when it's blatantly obvious it was added shortly before my revert?
- Orion (T-B-C) 17:35, May 8, 2018 (UTC)
Copied from a longer message on my talk page:
After due consideration of all community members on this Wiki, Bullza you are best suited to become the second bureaucrat. This is based on your outstanding editing, communication, calm demeanor, and technical skills. Never forget there is always room to keep growing in all these areas. I am promoting you to bureaucrat effective immediately. Congratulations and please let me know if you have any questions. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:09, May 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh, that's very unexpected, I'd have thought Neffyarious would have been made that long before me. Thanks, I'll continue to do the best I can.Bullza (talk) 08:59, May 19, 2018 (UTC)
- Please comment on the promotion procedure talk page and not that random forum: Dragon Ball Wiki:Administrators. Thanks. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 14:11, May 19, 2018 (UTC)
- He's been blocked for one month.Bullza (talk) 21:59, May 29, 2018 (UTC)
Tree of Might
Idk if im doing this right, im new to this wiki. I noticed that you undidi my edit on the tree of might power levels. I just wanted to let you know that the ones listed in the "list of power levels" article do not match the ones listed in the individual character pages, nor the movie pamphlet. Thanks!
- Well whatever it was you did accidentally messed up the layout of the table. I did have a look to see which characters were wrong but I didn't notice anything. I will go and double check though.Bullza (talk) 19:48, June 4, 2018 (UTC)
- Ok yeah it looked like Cacao and Daiz' power levels were the other way around so that's been corrected now. Thanks for pointing it out.Bullza (talk) 19:55, June 4, 2018 (UTC)
Sorry for the trouble lol, thanks for correcting everything. You seem like you know what you're doing around here ;)
Main page Community Links notice
The home page's Community Links section is extremely outdated and I just wanted to point this out since non-admin cannots edit the page. Here are a list of things that need extreme updating to it.
-The addition of Dragon Ball Super's official website link after Z Kai's link (LINK: http://www.dragonballsuperofficial.com)
-The removal of Dragon Ball Encyclapedia (the sister site) Just click on it and you will see that it is no longer available.
-On the adult swim link, I actually just replaced the nicktoons image itself so it'll redirect to the DBZKai nicktoons site. The Nicktoons site has been shutdown since 2016 so this is a dead link. I'd advise deleting the previous nicktoons image from that click link (file:nicktoons de.png) and just renaming is to adult swim that I replaced it.
I thought it would be good to just replace the old nicktoons DBZKai link with adult swim's Dragon Ball Super link (LINK: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/dragon-ball-super/)
That's all I have to say over it. I already helped out by updating some of the images themselves that had changed since this section was last touched to save you time. If you can't do it, atleast get one of the admins to do it. I'd much appriciate it. Thanks for reading this.Invader Rob II (talk) 01:14, June 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh yeah I see what you mean, that isn't something I've really paid any attention to in the past. I'll see about updating it in a few hours time. I've gotta edit some other GT related things first and then I'll get to that. Good eye though.Bullza (talk) 01:20, June 5, 2018 (UTC)
You'll have to edit in the new filename on the home page itself bc their is no redirect for it and broke the image. And the second extra" <-br /->" on the top and below the header seems alittle extra to me, but that's just me. That should be good.--Invader Rob II (talk) 05:34, June 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Ok that should have it. I don't even know if the Facebook and Twitter need to be on it really, that hasn't been updated for 4 and 5 years,Bullza (talk) 05:43, June 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Strange this has happened twice so close together by new users. I'll keep an eye on it.Bullza (talk) 11:27, June 19, 2018 (UTC)
The user has now taken it to the article's talk page, thereby stopping the edit war.
I'll send him a message but I can sort of see his point, that is entirely speculative considering Beerus did the exact same thing in the movie before Ultra Instinct had even been thought of. That's like saying Goku used Ultra Instinct when fighting Burter and Recoome just because he dodged all their attacks.Bullza (talk) 16:40, July 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh thanks, I can see about updating the article page for it tomorrow if it needs to be done.Bullza (talk) 22:54, July 8, 2018 (UTC)
So you are saying that I just have to keep quiet when people suddenly attack me out of nowhere. I was just commenting on the post then suddenly people start commenting ON MY COMMENT which has nothing to do with the post itself. Come on man have some common sense here. If others does not start anything do you think I do will something like that. Why on earth you are blaming me for something other people started? Omegamon (talk) 13:11, July 9, 2018 (UTC)
- The other person gave you a tip about using Japanese phrases, which makes sense with this being an English language site. After that you kept doing it more on purpose just to provoke them. It's nothing serious but there was little need for it.Bullza (talk) 13:18, July 9, 2018 (UTC)
- Well having looked into it a little, it's not as simple a matter as just making it a bot. For one thing has this site ever even had a bot before? The process on Wikipedia also mentions having an open discussion with others on even allowing their to be a bot in the first place followed by numerous tests to see if it actually works correctly before implementing it fully. This is probably something that needs to go to the Manual of Style where you'll also need to explain what it is that you actually want this bot to do.Bullza (talk) 04:50, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- What does this entail? It's not something I'm familiar with at all to be honest.Bullza (talk) 05:14, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- What kind of edits were you wanting to make as a bot, what did you have in mind? I'll have to ask him a bit more about it and see what he has to say so I can find out more.Bullza (talk) 16:00, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Here's an example of a (near)completed parallel character page, you know another advantage of this is that it helps trim down large pages, which is quite handy.--Neffyarious (talk) 18:05, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Looks fine, a couple things like changing it from Movie appearances to Film appearances for consistency and some of the spacing and the like. It would help take a ton of the data off of Goku's page, might help flesh out some of films information as well.Bullza (talk) 19:32, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Looks like someone has put some form of protection on the Parallel Broly page at least. Might need it for the other if it gets too bad.Bullza (talk) 10:41, July 13, 2018 (UTC)
The Parent Tab 2
This is my proposal right here for pages too big only. I managed to fix right and got the signature colors in. This is what every fandom site uses and we shouldn't be the only ones. I want everybody to think this over first before shooting me down. DragonEmeperor (talk) 00:06, July 17, 2018 (UTC)
- It's the same issue as before though. If you click over to the right "Desktop" under "Preview" then it's fine. If you click "Mobile" then you won't see any tabs at all.
- Go and apply this to a test page and then check it with the mobile version. If you've finished with the Sandbox page for now then go and add those tabs to that page and see if it works.Bullza (talk) 00:18, July 17, 2018 (UTC)
See there, I can see the appearances page but that's it, there's no way for me to switch tabs and see the rest of the page. That set up there is what they have on the One Piece wikia but that suffers from the same problem. The average visitor who goes to Goku's page on Mobile won't know about looking for other pages or would really want to.
This is something is that's meant to be brought to the Manual of Style talk page but they'll never let it go through. I've always liked the idea behind it but if it doesn't work on Mobile then it can't really be done.Bullza (talk) 01:10, July 17, 2018 (UTC)
Pages of a size that requires this generally won't load on mobile as they are now anyway. So it's a lose lose situation for mobile users. At the very least Dragon's idea allows for mobile access to the page's contents. --Neffyarious (talk) 09:23, July 17, 2018 (UTC)
Goku's page is too big for its own good, rather than separate pages it could actually use being trimmed down.
Look at his Xenoverse 2 section, there is literally (because I checked) about as much information for what he did in that game (which wasn't even that much) than there is for Goku's Saiyan, Frieza, Android and Cell Sagas biography combined. That doesn't need to be a thing at all.
There's more information for what he did in the Copy Water arc which was only 5 episodes than there is for the Frieza saga which was about 60 episodes.
Look at the size of the Power section, that's just ridiculous. You could easily trim that page down by 100,000 bytes just by getting to the point. No other page is like his.Bullza (talk) 18:14, July 17, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah it's ridiculously over long, it should be brief and compact if it's non too important side material. If you look at the Film section then you get a sizable paragraph worth of biography per movie. That's how it should be for the games as well, a brief run down. I won't be cutting anymore down to size for now, Goku's page was too big so I've cut out some of the fat on it.
- I don't know what went on with the Power section either, it's meant to be a general guideline of his strength and abilities but it was explaining every fight and how they all played out from the Bear Thief to Omega Shenron. That's what the biography section is for.Bullza (talk) 01:14, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
- I know right. It's look better now, brief and blunt. DragonEmeperor (talk) 01:24, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
Sorry for the trouble, I didn't know all the links had been changed. If you'd asked I would have fixed it since it was sorta my fault. Thanks for taking care of it anyway. --Neffyarious (talk) 13:19, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh I don't mind it didn't even take me that long. There was just a bunch of red links so I went through and corrected them.Bullza (talk) 13:21, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
Sorry about that
- Oh, so there's only about 800 pages then....well have fun changing it all back because I'll be damned if I'm going to.Bullza (talk) 22:50, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- It's actually less than 300 since the redirects and links in the templates were included that's why. DragonEmeperor (talk) 23:02, July 20, 2018 (UTC)
- I would have no idea how to make you a bit, I've never had to do that before nor would even know how. You said someone else here was one right? That probably means 10x Kamehameha made him one so you'd be best to ask him.
- Good job fixing the links to.Bullza (talk) 07:54, July 22, 2018 (UTC)
Oh good looking out then guys.Bullza (talk) 05:12, July 24, 2018 (UTC)
Thunder Shock Surprise
Hey Bullza, you forgot to delete these since:
- List of Former Villains
- List of villains' final words
- List of wishes granted by Shenron
- List of Z Fighters appearances
- Parallel world (movie location)
- Template:Navbox /doc
- Template:Race Infobox
- Template:Universe Infobox
- I've deleted a few of them. The Parallel World page still links to a few other pages. The lists...well we'd need more opinions on that but maybe the Shenron one can go if it's fully merged over.Bullza (talk) 00:42, August 14, 2018 (UTC)
Music And Stuff My Dude
So I was looking at the list of dragonball music page when I noticed some major tracks were missing from the list. Things like Gotta Find That Dragonball! Unmei no Hi: Tamashii vs Tamashii, Hikari no WILLPOWER, etc. I tried adding them to the page, and thought I did a decent job, and that even if it wasn't done quite right, somebody more qualified could tidy it up. I want to preface this by saying even though there is a lot of controversy surrounding DragonEmperor, I am not mad at him, as so far everything he has done to my edits has been fair, but he seems to have removed these tracks from the list alltogether. These songs are extemely recognizable in the dragonball community, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't be put here. I just wonder if any of those aren't noteworthy enough for the list? Where should they go? Furthermore, where should songs like Wolf Hurricane and Ookami go? DragonEmp said to ask one of yall for help, and even though I have previous experience with admins not responding, I guess it's worth a shot here. So please, explain what was wrong with adding those songs to the list. I want to actually help out here. I do understand there are many more qualified than me however, so I hand this question to you. DeletedTheEngie (talk) 17:45, August 14, 2018 (UTC)DeletedTheEngie
- Well I generally always respond. I don't see why it should have been removed bit I will look into it very shortly then get back to you.Bullza (talk) 18:05, August 14, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks! Feels good to have people listen to what you have to say. I just haven't been able to get a reply out of neff in the past is all. DeletedTheEngie (talk) 18:15, August 14, 2018 (UTC)DeletedTheEngie
Side note, Dang even a good chunk of the Super endings and even Limit Break x Survivor aint on there. I also added a wee bit of triva to ssjb shinka, even if I didn't do it justice, I think it's worth mentioning.
- I'm not sure why your edit was undone. I'm not really that familiar with the music side of it so I don't know if there's anything wrong with it. The only thing I noticed was that the songs added for DBZ weren't put into order by the year but that's a quick fix. So I'll put it back for now and I'll also ask him why he undid your edit and see what the problem was. Otherwise adding the missing songs should be a good thing.Bullza (talk) 18:35, August 14, 2018 (UTC)
The only other change I made that has stayed since was a long time ago when I added a power section to future mai, since, ya know, bulma and launch have one, so there isn't a reason she shouldn't. (You might want to see if you could word that a little bit better!) So having somebody agree is a nice change of pace. I think I'll try to add the endings and limit breat x survivor to the list, as well as make a link on the unmei no hi to its repsective page. I still am unsure where songs like wolf hurricane and ookami go, is there another admin that is more knowledgable about the subject? DeletedTheEngie (talk) 19:02, August 14, 2018 (UTC)DeletedTheEngie
- I'm not sure what the other Admins are into. There's this page on Kanzenshuu that might be able to help in some way as it lists almost everything music wise
Maybe you can find the songs you mentioned and see what they're listed under on there. Bullza (talk) 19:16, August 14, 2018 (UTC)
Songs that come to mind are ookami and wolf hurricane, which I’ll use my better judgement and say misc. as well as songs like evil angel and a righteous devil as well as other super endings. Chozetsu Dynamics! Is listed as Exicitement Dynamics! And I think it should be using the original title, as the other Japanese titles do. I’m still iffy about that future mai edit I made long ago looking back at it, not that it shouldn’t exist, but that the wording maybe isn’t perfect. Maybe one of you could take a look? It’s the section labeled power. Thanks for the help
- I took a look and the wording seems fine to me. It's fine being put under a Power section. As you said Bulma has one and it's just good to keep the section titles consistent from page to page.Bullza (talk) 20:24, August 14, 2018 (UTC)
A little help?
So it seems somebody did fill in some missing music for me, and thanks for that whoever they were, I tidied up the page, but I am having trouble finding release dates for both wolf hurricane and ookami. Wolf hurricane we have a page for, ookami we do not. Ookami is more obscure, but they both are official tracks sung by Toru Furuya, so they should have a place. I put them in misc. Furthermore, I think it is fitting to make a page for Hikari no WILLPOWER considering there are official lyrics. I can't even begin to understand how to properly format that, however. DragonEmperor makes constant edits, maybe he would be up for it? DeletedTheEngie (talk) 16:45, August 15, 2018 (UTC)DeletedTheEngie
- Well according to this
- The song debuted in Episode 87 of Dragon Ball which came out in 1987. There's no page for Ookami but then this page
- Has it again say that Wolf Hurricane was in 1987 and Ookami was in 2008.
- If you make a page and add the lyrics from the song to it then I'll fix it up for you so that it's like the Wolf Hurricane page on here.Bullza (talk) 18:45, August 15, 2018 (UTC)
I'll give it a shot.
Sorry for the delay, but I'll probably attempt to create that page today, just depends on if life says no.
- Ok well if you run in to trouble just ask. If you load up a similar page and then click edit then you can see how that one is set up to.Bullza (talk) 18:22, August 16, 2018 (UTC)
You don't need summaries in the episode list when people can read the saga summary or the episode page. Plus I'm changing the tables so they won't break from the titles. DragonEmeperor (talk) 23:55, August 16, 2018 (UTC)
- The episode summary gives a brief rundown of what happens by the episode, it makes for a quick way of finding the episode that you're after without looking through each other. It shouldn't be removed. The titles are an easy fix and I just did so on the Tien Saga page. Just replace the ! next to the word align with a |.Bullza (talk) 23:59, August 16, 2018 (UTC)
- It's not done for the other series because the person who first included it stopped at the original series. Preferably it would be done with all the series. It's not a huge page so it doesn't slow it down in any significant way and it's an extra bit of useful information on the pages that allows you to quickly pinpoint the episode you may be after. So don't take it out again.Bullza (talk) 00:33, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
- That's fine, I remember having trouble with something like that before. I didn't know it was still an issue. Which pages does it cause problems on?Bullza (talk) 01:05, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
Alright I made it!
I made the page for Ookami, but it obviously needs a lot of work. Unfortunately right now I'm on a school chromebook, and most sites are blocked, so I had to use my phone and hand type all the romanji, then go back and do it again with the English translation. Point being, The lyrics for romanji and translated English are there, along with a very short description. I think for images if anybody can find the cover art for the album it was released on, that would be good. As for videos, there is literally only one video of it on youtube, but I don't know where else to put up for a video, if anything. Well, I don't really feel good making you guys do a good chunk of this work for a page about something so obscure, but my knowledge of the editing tools here have been used up for the most part. Good luck! DeletedTheEngie (talk) 17:30, August 17, 2018 (UTC)DeletedTheEngie
Oh, here's the link~ Ookami
Well the Wikia doesn't allow Videos (or GIFs) on its pages anyway so you don't need to worry about that. The page seems fine for the most part, I'll just add in a category and capitalise the first word of each line.Bullza (talk) 20:24, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
The user DragonEmperor is ridiculously adding to the pages Perfect Super Saiyan Blue to pages involving the new Broly move when it has been outright noted that Perfected Super Saiyan Blue is manga only. I keep removing the "perfect" but he stubbornly won't let up.--Steveo920 (talk) 01:20, August 18, 2018 (UTC)
Because that picture is only art drawn by Toyataro. I never said that form was in the movie, but half of you users keep assuming that. Besides, that picture is only promoting the movie and since Toyataro drew it, he would use PSSJ instead of the original Blue form. DragonEmeperor (talk) 01:22, August 18, 2018 (UTC)
- If it's being added to the Toyotaro artwork then I can understand why but at the same time just because he drew it doesn't mean it's the Perfected Form or that it's connected to his manga. It could just be a promotional drawing for the movie with the ordinary Super Saiyan Blue. If in doubt it should just say Super Saiyan Blue.Bullza (talk) 01:27, August 18, 2018 (UTC)
Yes, thank you. An assumption is not a fact. The original art of Super Saiyan Blue Evolution had the hair being the same color as normal SSB. So again, until it is actually stated by the creators or the in the movie itself, it is only normal Blue.--Steveo920 (talk) 01:28, August 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Even Neff said it was PSSJB and he uploaded the pic. Its only oblivious since Toyataro drew it and would use the form in that alone. DragonEmeperor (talk) 01:30, August 18, 2018 (UTC)
Hi, just wanted to let you know I will continue handling the QOTD template again after the year absence. I've updated the section for the 2018 history and will be placing a new quote for each week. I've been absent from the wikia activity heavily for the last year but hope to be around more often this year so keep in touch. - 16:16, August 19, 2018 (UTC)