Ultra Ego (我儘の極意 Wagamama no Goku'i, lit. "The Secret of the Self-indulgent") is a transformation which utilizes the Ultra Ego technique as well as the power of destruction. It is used by Vegeta.
This state is attained by one who has received God of Destruction training and has gained the ability to use the powers of one. However, the state can only be utilized when the user is in the right mindset to act as a Destroyer. A user of this state gains the power of destruction.
Usage and Power
When the Ultra Ego transformation is in use, the user becomes exponentially more powerful than before and gains the ability to use Power of Destruction in full. The user's aura can also be manifested in an opaque, flame-like state which can destroy enemy attacks on contact. Vegeta names the technique Ultra Ego in contrast to Ultra Instinct, which draws upon the principles of conquering oneself, while Ultra Ego seems to draw upon a severe level of self-indulgence in battle. Whereas Ultra Instinct allows a user's efficiency and power to increase as he continues to evade and counterattack, Ultra Ego allows the user's overall power to increase as they take more damage and delve more into their lust for battle. This is displayed by Vegeta's deeper dive into his Saiyan instincts. Being able to endure and even enjoy the pain inflicted by enemy attacks can also allow the user to hold their ground and counterattack through openings in an attacking opponent's guard with even greater power. The user must be careful not to let their battle lust take complete control, as though it may raise their strength to astounding levels, they may take unnecessary levels of damage whilst lost in their battle fervour.
Vegeta first attains Ultra Ego against Granolah after his Super Saiyan God SS Evolved is overwhelmed by the Cerealian. The transformation was powerful enough to cause Granolah to stumble back in noticeable fright. While fighting Granolah, Vegeta initially overwhelms him in strength, but as the fight goes on, Vegeta, somewhat lost in the thrill of the fight allows himself to take more and more attacks to push himself further. After a while, Vegeta realizes that he's taken too much damage and attempts to defeat Granolah with a large ball of power of destruction. However, Granolah manages to counter the attack after mutating his left eye and Vegeta fell to the ground by the impact.
- This is the second transformation Vegeta achieves for the first time on-panel in the manga after Super Saiyan God SS Evolved.
- This transformation was presumably based off on one of the concepts of Super Saiyan 3 that Toriyama had made prior to its official decided look.
- Spanish Chapter 75, Vegeta ""Si Kakaroto es un ególatra, yo soy un egocéntrico. Puedes llamarlo Mega Instinto""
- "The power of destruction has been awakened!!" (editor's note of the Japanese version of "Vegeta Vs. Granolah")
- DBS Chap 75 draft sneak peek. dragon-ball-official. "This limit-breaking battle between the strongest warrior in the universe and a Saiyan who's unlocked the power of destruction is sure to keep your eyes glued to every page!"