Dragon Ball GT
Main article: Baby Saga
The original Tuffle parasite is Baby, who was created on Planet Plant from the DNA of the Tuffle King. After being completed by his Machine Mutant creation Dr. Myuu on planet M-2, Baby attempts to infect everyone on Earth with other Tuffle parasites he spawned inside the Earthlings in order to recreate the Tuffle race. All of the Tuffle parasites (other than Baby) are destroyed when Kibito Kai releases the Sacred Water over the Earth, and Baby is killed when Super Saiyan 4 Goku propels both him and his spaceship into the Sun with a 10x Kamehameha.
The Tuffle parasites exist essentially as clones of Baby infecting the minds and bodies of living organisms. Once infected, they take on the will and consciousness of Baby himself and will do whatever the latter orders them to do. This robs them of free will as when Goku tried to talk to his lifelong friend Bulma, she merely regarded him as an enemy. Baby himself said that as long as they are infected, they are one with him, suggesting they operate as a hive mind.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Dragon Ball Heroes
Universal Conflict Saga
Main article: Universal Conflict Saga In the game, Oren and Kamin infect every Saiyan on Planet Sadala, including Caulifla, Cabba, and Kale. They are freed after being defeated by Vegeta and Future Trunks.
Techniques and Special Abilities
The Tuffle Parasite hosts can use all their previous abilities while possessed, and also demonstrate a few abilities never shown before.
- Controlled Humans
- Enhanced Endurance – The Humans controlled by Tuffle Parasites are shown to be able to get up even after being attacked by Mr. Satan, something that they would not normally be able to do.
- Controlled Z-Fighters
- Flight – Several of the possessed Z Fighters are shown to still be able to fly.
- Transformation – At several points, Tuffle-possessed Gohan and Goten take on their Super Saiyan forms during battles. During the first GT Saga of Xenoverse, Demigra's Wormhole empowers Infected Trunks with Dark Magic. In Dragon Ball Heroes, Infected Trunks can take on his Super Saiyan form and Infected Caulifla appears as a Super Saiyan 2.
- Ki Transfer – The Tuffle-controlled Z-Fighters and Humans are able to give their ki to Baby Vegeta, allowing him to transform into Super Baby Vegeta 2.
- Infected Goten
- Infected Gohan
- Kamehameha - Infected Gohan's super attack in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle.
- Soaring Dragon Strike – Infected Gohan's super attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Double Masenko - A two-handed version of the Masenko used by Infected Gohan in Dragon Ball GT.
- Quick Draw - A variation of Draw that appears in Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission as a CAA Special Ability used by a boss version of Infected Gohan. Gohan traps the opponent in a spherical cage of energy and drains their energy to restore his health before crushing the small energy sphere to cause the cage containing the opponent to explode. Their Charge Impact speed will also be permanently increased.
- Infected Trunks
- Finish Buster – Infected Trunks's Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Burning Slash – A technique used by Infected Trunks in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Chain Destructo Disc Barrage – One of Infected Trunks' ultimate techniques in Xenoverse.
- Explosive Wave – A technique used by Infected Trunks in Xenoverse.
- God Breaker – A technique used by Infected Trunks in Xenoverse.
- Kamehameha – A technique used by Infected Trunks in Xenoverse 2.
- Victory Rush – A technique used by Infected Trunks in Xenoverse 2.
- Dark Magic – In Xenoverse, Infected Trunks is empowered by Dark Magic produced by Demigra's Wormhole.
- Villainous Mode - Infected Trunks is granted the second stage Villainous Mode power-up by Demigra's Wormhole in Xenoverse, and also uses it during the Parallel Quest "Revenge of the Tuffle".
- Supervillain - Infected Trunks can use the first stage power-up in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 during the Parallel Quests "Revenge of the Tuffle", "Downfall of the Ultimate Saiyan" and "The Battle for Earth".
- Baked Sphere – One of Infected Trunks' Ultimate Attacks in Xenoverse.
- Bloody Sauce – A technique used by Infected Trunks in Xenoverse.
- Infected Pan
- Feint Shot - A technique used by Infected Pan in Xenoverse 2.
- Kamehameha - A technique used by Infected Pan in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2.
- Maiden Blast - A technique used by Infected Pan in Xenoverse 2.
- Maiden Burst - A technique used by Infected Pan in Xenoverse 2.
- Prepare to be Punished - A technique used by Infected Pan in Xenoverse 2.
- Spirit Explosion - A technique used by Infected Pan in Xenoverse.
- Super Kamehameha - One of Infected Pan's Ultimate Attacks in Xenoverse 2.
- Villainous Mode - Infected Pan can use the second stage power-up in Xenoverse during the Parallel Quest "Revenge of the Tuffle".
- Supervillain - Infected Pan can use the first stage power-up in Xenoverse 2 during the Parallel Quests "Revenge of the Tuffle", "Downfall of the Ultimate Saiyan" and "The Battle for Earth".
- Baked Sphere - One of Infected Pan's Ultimate Attacks in Xenoverse.
- Rage Saucer - A technique used by Infected Pan in Xenoverse.
- Infected Cabba
- Galick Cannon - Infected Cabba's Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Outstrategize (見破った戦法) - An ability used by Infected Cabba in Dragon Ball Heroes that cancels the enemy team's damage increases each round that Cabba is a supporter.
- Power Reserve (蓄える力) - An ability used by Infected Cabba in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases his team's Hero Energy by one each round that he is a supporter.
- Infected Caulifla
- Energy Fist - Infected Caulifla's Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Challenger's Mettle (挑戦的な態度) - An ability used by Infected Caulifla in Dragon Ball Heroes that locks on to an enemy when her Super Attack is available, greatly increasing their Charge Impact speed.
- Rejuvenation (Team) (ハイテンション（チーム）) - An ability used by Infected Caulifla in Dragon Ball Heroes that fully restores the Stamina of her entire team at the start of each round.
- Sisterly Saiyan (姉御肌なサイヤ人) - An ability used by Infected Caulifla in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases her Guard for the round by 5000 when an attacker, and prevents stun if Kale or Cabba is on her team.
- Infected Kale
- Resist Cannon - Infected Kale's Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Iron Will (Team) (鉄の意志（チーム）) - An ability used by Infected Kale in Dragon Ball Heroes that prevents anyone on her team from being stunned.
- Power Reserve (蓄える力) - An ability used by Infected Kale in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases her team's Hero Energy by one each round that she is a supporter.
Video Game Appearances
The leader of the Tuffle parasites, Baby, appears in numerous video games. Humans controlled by Tuffle parasites appear as regular enemies in Dragon Ball GT: Transformation: Mad Wrestler (Hammer), Mad Wrestler 2, Mad Wrestler 3, Evil Suit (Dollar), Evil Suit 2, and Evil Suit 3.
Infected Gohan, Infected Goten, and Infected Trunks appear as playable characters in Dragon Ball Heroes, where they are identified as Baby Infestation (寄生 Parasitism). Infected Cabba, Infected Caulifla and Infected Kale appear as non-playable bosses in the Universal Conflict Saga.
Infected Trunks appears as an enemy in the first GT Pack DLC of Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 as part of the Extra Pack 3 DLC, in a time fragment timeline that appears in New Parallel Quest 124: "Downfall of the Ultimate Saiyan", in addition to Trunks, Pan is also successfully infected. Infected Pan and Infected Trunks join Super Baby Vegeta 2 in confronting Super Saiyan 4 Goku and his Time Patrol allies, but Goku is soon defeated due to Infected Pan and Infected Trunks sending their ki to Baby. Goku's Time Patrol allies discover Baby is practically invincible as long as Pan and Trunks are giving him energy. However. this also drains his slaves' life energy and he becomes vulnerable when they are defeated or run out of health. During an Ultimate Finish, Baby Vegeta transforms into Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta, causing Infected Pan and Infected Trunks to revive and receive a Supervillain power-up. However, the Time Patrol defeats them all. Both Trunks and Pan are presumably freed of the parasites afterward by the Time Patrol.
In Dragon Ball FighterZ, Super Baby 2's special move Parasite Takeover allows him to use his last KO'd opponent's assists via Tuffle Parasites.
- Humans, hybrids, Namekians, and other species infected by Tuffle Parasites develop black outlines around their eyes, similar to those controlled by Babidi's Manipulation Sorcery.
- Tuffle Parasites are similar to the Black Water Mist from the Garlic Jr. Saga as both are used by a villain (Baby & Garlic Jr.) to take control of most of Earth's general population as well as some members of the Dragon Team. Additionally, the Sacred Water is used to cure those affected.
- As shown by Good Buu, Majins are apparently immune to Tuffle parasite infection as they can utilize Body Manipulation to expel them.