Tsukutsun Tsun (摘突詰 Tsun Tsukutsun) is a main supporting character in the second half of Dr. Slump who later makes a minor appearance in Dragon Ball. He's a teenage boy who practices kung fu and is the son of Tsuruten and Tsuntsunodanoteiyugo, younger brother of Tsururin as well as the future husband of Akane Kimidori.
Tsukutsun usually wears a blue or white Kung Fu uniform but sometimes a tank top instead.
Tsukutsun is hard-working, nice, and friendly. He usually gets along with nearly everyone he interacts with, but sometimes he gets annoyed by other people (mainly his father or his sister). He sees himself as the only "normal one" in his family, but as pointed out by his sister, he's actually the strangest of them because of his mysterious tiger transformation whenever he's touched by females. He's skilled in kung-fu, and very strong and athletic. Like the rest of his family, he speaks in a broken speech syntax.
Tsukutsun along with his family were from China and ended up in Penguin Village when his father's ship, the Reh Tsu Goh crash landed their when they were originally going into space. Tsukutsun Tsun later starts dating Akane Kimidori and eventually marries her later on in the future.
General Blue Saga
Main article: General Blue Saga Tsukutsun Tsun is briefly seen, telling Akane he is going to practice Kung Fu for all of Spring Break.
Although normally not as strong as the powerful Arale Norimaki or Gatchans, when extremely angry, Tsukutsun becomes more powerful than both. Notably, in his normal state he was easily defeated by the Teapot Genie, however in his angered state the Teapot Genie (who was able to defeat Arale) was no match for him.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Hokuto Shinken - A legendary art of assassination used to destroy opponents from the inside using pressure points. It is the iconic fighting style of Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star and Tsukutsun is seen using it in a parody during the fifth Dr. Slump movie. Coincidentally both series were currently airing at the time and were by Toei Animation as well as Kenshiro having crossed over with Dragon Ball as a playable character later on in the Jump Stars video games.
For some unknown reason, whenever he is touched by a woman he turns into a tiger and cannot change back unless touched by a man. To his confusion, Arale does not trigger the transformation since she is an android and as such is not a real girl biologically.
When angered, Tsukutsun undergoes a massive power up into a stronger state. His eyes go blank and his hair spikes up, his muscle mass also increases dramatically. In this state he is stronger than even the likes of Arale.
Video Game Appearance
- Japanese: Shigeru Chiba (1980 series), Ryōtarō Okiayu (1997 series)
- Yamcha bears a striking resemblance to Tsukutsun Tsun in both personality and appearance. In Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Super, Yamcha wears exactly the same uniform Tsukutsun wore in the Dr. Slump remake.
- He is the first character (as its use in Dr. Slump predates its use by Beerus and Vegeta in Battle of Gods) and only Earthling to utilize Fury.
- His transformation from a Human-type Earthling to a Tiger Animal-Type Earthling is similar to and the reverse of Man-Wolf's transformation from a Wolf Animal-Type Earthling to a Human-type Earthling.