"Trunks vs. Goten" (ボクの出番だ!!悟天、緊張の第一戦 Boku no Deban Da!! Goten, Kincho no Daiissen) is the second episode of the World Tournament Saga and the two hundred eleventh overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. This episode first aired in Japan on December 22, 1993. Its original American airdate was October 2, 2001.
As Gohan and Videl are in line waiting for the new Punching Machine to arrive, two new challengers enter the ring: Seven-year-old Goten and eight-year-old Trunks. Trunks and Goten easily battle their way to finals.
As the championship begins between Goten and Trunks, the punching machine is finally fixed and Gohan and Videl must continue to wait in line. Various members of the crowd choose a side to root for, and it is revealed that Mr. Satan will have an "exhibition" match with the winner of the junior division. Trunks and Goten bow and put in their two cents as the battle begins.
Mr. Satan recognizes the resemblance between Goten and Goku. The crowd is speechless as the two finalists seem stronger than most people in the adult division. Gohan and Videl finally arrive to witness the fight between Trunks and Goten. Goten and Trunks are able to fight on par with each other, and the crowd watches, speechless. Goten shows his fighting skills by creating a move during the match called Assault!.
- Trunks and Goten begin their epic fight in the finals of the Junior Division.
- Goten vs. Ikose
- Trunks vs. Goten
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "Pikkon's Theme" - During the fight between Goten and Trunks.
- "Goku's Spirit Bomb" - When Goten and Trunks begin their fight in the championship round of the Youth Division at the World Martial Arts Tournament.
- "Trunks Wins" - When Goten charges Trunks from the sky.
Differences from the manga
- Trunks telling another fighter in the Youth division that he already knows the result of the Goten vs. Ikose fight is exclusive to the anime.
- Gohan trying to cut in line for the Punching Machine so he can hurry up and see Goten fight Trunks is exclusive to the anime.
- In the manga, Gohan shows up just before the two start fighting whereas in the anime he shows up shortly after they have started fighting and Goku and Krillin tease him about being with Videl.
|World Tournament Saga|
|← Great Saiyaman Saga||Babidi Saga →|
|210 • 211 • 212 • 213 • 214 • 215 • 216 • 217 • 218 • 219|
|432 (239; Z) • 433 (240; Z) • 434 (241; Z) • 435 (242; Z) • 436 (243; Z) • 437 (244; Z) • 438 (245; Z) • 439 (246; Z) • 440 (247; Z) • 441 (248; Z) • 442 (249; Z) • 443 (250; Z) • 444 (251; Z) • 445 (252; Z)|
|36 (20; Z) • 37 (21; Z)|