Toronbo has axolotl-like features, causing him to share an appearance theme with the amphibian-like Sugarians.
Similar to other Eternal Dragons, Toronbo is a neutral figure who will grant the wish of anyone who summons him regardless of their nature of their wish. Toronbo is very courteous, polite and patient, giving advice to the summoner on the impracticality of their wish or offering alternative wishes that would best suit the summoner's needs.
Toronbo was created by the Namekians who lived on Cereal over 500 years ago. The dragon was only to be summoned in a ritual to celebrate Namekian warriors who are deemed brave. It was not to be used to grant wishes for selfish desires.
Dragon Ball Super
Granolah the Survivor Saga
Main article: Granolah the Survivor Saga 40 years after the disappearance of the Cerealian Two Star Dragon Ball, a Sugarian boy discovers the ball while searching for insects. The Sugarians take the ball to study its origins. Granolah, having watched the news of its discovery, disguises himself and steals the Dragon Ball. With the two Dragon Balls gathered, he summons Toronbo. As the dragon asks Granolah to state his wish, the surviving Cerealian wishes to become the strongest warrior in the universe.
Toronbo repeats Granolah's wish to become the strongest warrior in the universe apart from the gods. Toronbo reveals he can make Granolah stronger than he already is, but he's unable to increase his power beyond his latent potential. Granolah laments that his dream is beyond his reach, but Toronbo reveals there is another way so long as he agrees to a certain condition, though exclaims that it is Granolah's decision. Toronbo explains that he's able to multiply Granolah's current strength by condensing all the power he could've accumulated in his lifetime, at the cost of shortening his lifespan to only three more years. Granolah accepts Toronbo's offer, and the wish is made, causing Toronbo to disappear and the Dragon Balls to scatter.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight - Toronbo is capable of sustained flight.
- Wish Granting - As an Eternal Dragon, Toronbo can grant wishes that do not exceed his creator's power.
- Drawing out Dormant Power - Toronbo is able to unlock a target's potential, though he's unable to increase the target's power beyond their latent potential, likely due to the wish exceeding his creator's power. However, Toronba is able push the target's power far beyond their potential if they agrees to compress all of the power they'd gain over their lifetime, shortening the target's lifespan in the process.
List of wishes granted by Toronbo
- Dragon Ball Super
- Toronbo's name may come from the "trombone" instrument.
- The Namekian dialect password required to summon Toronbo is, according to the manga, "takkaraputo tottoronbo pupirittoparo," akin to the password needed to summon Porunga with the Namekian Dragon Balls.
- The words to summon this dragon are "Takkarapto Totoronbo Pupiritto Paro" mimicking Porunga's "Takkarapto Poporunga Pupiritto Paro" albeit with "toronbo" in place of "porunga", the dragon's name