"This is bad."
Torbie (トルビー Torubī) is a powerful insectoid alien fighter from the South Area.
Torbie has an insectoid figure, which looks remarkably similar to Perfect Cell. His exoskeleton is of reddish color and he also has two large wings growing on his back.
He takes his battles very seriously, which means he is thrown completely off guard when Tapkar decides to surrender due to him tiring himself out.
Dragon Ball Z
Majin Buu Saga
In the Other World Tournament, Torbie first battles Tapkar. Torbie wins by default because Tapkar wastes all of his energy running around the arena and forfeits. In the finals, he battles Pikkon and loses rather quickly.
Dragon Ball GT
Shadow Dragon Saga
Main article: Shadow Dragon Saga He also makes a cameo appearance in Dragon Ball GT, while training under his mentor South Kai when Goku needs energy to form an Universal Spirit Bomb and defeat Omega Shenron.
He is physically the strongest fighter from the South Galaxy, since he is able to put somewhat of a resistance against Pikkon, although he loses quickly.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight – Torbie uses his wings to fly.
- Ki Blast – Torbie uses his energy attacks as a common technique (though he is never actually seen using them).
- Japanese: Hisao Egawa
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Luiz Laffey
- French dub: Eric Legrand
- Dragon Ball Z
- His name is a reference to his insectoid appearance.
- The form of Torbie's head looks slightly similar to that of Darth Vader's helmet. Although it could also reflect the exact opposite of the shape of Cell's head, as Torbie's physical build is similar to that of Perfect Cell. Both Torbie and Cell are voiced by Dameon Clarke in the FUNimation dub.