Tokitoki (トキトキ Tokitoki) a character in the Dragon Ball Xenoverse series, Dragon Ball Heroes, and Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission!. He is a divine bird with the ability to create time within Universe 7 who lives within the Time Nest with the Supreme Kai of Time at the edge of the universe.
Tokitoki is a divine bird that mainly resembles an owl. He possesses red legs and has a plumage of white feathers, with red feathers circling his eyes while having yellow feathers in the tips of his eyebrows and wings, and possesses a moderately white small tail that also possesses yellow feathers in the tips of it. In addition to that, Tokitoki has a long and thick beard that exceeds his body length.
For the most part Tokitoki is a friendly and gentle creature, though he has a habit of screeching at people who anger or upset him. Though he gets along well with his caretaker Chronoa whom he often follows around and cares for her, he can do things that annoy her such as perching on her head. Though he normally gets along with Chronoa, Tokitoki did attack Chronoa with his talons out of jealousy when she called Bardock "dreamy" and only stopped when she claimed she was joking.
Tokitoki himself is shown to be fully aware of Chronoa's terrible cooking skills as he visibly shakes when Chronoa suggests cooking a feast in Xenoverse 2 and joins Future Trunks in persuading her to wait. Though he is only capable of squawking the syllables that make up his name "Toh" and "Ki" or "Ke", Chronoa is able to understand him and he is shown to be able to make a persuasive argument in favor of using the Dragon Balls to wish for a feast by arguing that there were too many people to cook for, showing he is intelligent. According to Future Trunks , before he became her assistant and the creation of the Time Patrol, Tokitoki was Chronoa's only companion for many years. This and the fact Chronoa was also responsible for saving Tokitoki from Demigra in the past twice and has been his caretaker for most of his life, explains the close bond between Tokitoki and Chronoa. Tokitoki is shown to care for Chronoa as he screeches when Towa attacks Chronoa, showing he cares about Chronoa's well-being. It is unknown how Chronoa was able to raise him considering how terrible her cooking is implied to be though presumably Tokitoki survived through eating raw uncooked food he either acquired himself (possibly fish from the lake or fruit from the tree located inside the Time Nest) and learned how to avoid eating any food prepared by Chronoa herself (though given his reaction he has presumably eaten some of her cooking at some point during the many years she has been his caretaker).
Tokitoki cares greatly for his eggs as he screeches at Future Trunks for failing to realize the importance of the egg Tokitoki had just laid (despite being male) and tried to attack Towa after she attack Chronoa and stole his egg, forcing Chronoa to hold onto him tightly in order to prevent him from being hurt by Towa, showing that Tokitoki has a strong paternal instinct to protect his eggs. He also screeched at Goku for foolishly attempting to eat his egg after having recovered it from Mira in Age ???, though fortunately Chronoa protected the egg from the ignorant and hungry Goku. However it is implied that he later forgave Goku for his stupidity as he is shown getting along with the Saiyan afterwards (presumably recognizing Goku's key role in its successful retrieval and that Goku's ignorance was many due to his naivety).
Though he was startled when Infinite Zamasu appeared in the Time Vault in the Warrior of Hope Saga, Tokitoki himself recognized how calm Chronoa was and joined her in staring down the rogue Shinjin showing that he is able to read her mood well enough to know he and the Time Nest were in no danger and may have even realized Infinite Zamasu would be erased by Future Zeno due to Chronoa ensuring Zeno's Button was returned to Goku by the Future Warrior.
Additionally, he seconded Chronoa's assertion that all the good Future Trunks had done far outweighed any of the bad things caused by his crime of altering history and to stop brooding about it, showing he to recognizes how troubled Future Trunks was about the grave nature of his crime but agrees with Chronoa that while his crime was grave, he meant no harm and has done a lot to make up for it as a member of the Time Patrol. This also implies that he has also grown fond of Future Trunks and accepts him as Chronoa's assistant. Additionally he and Future Trunks both share the same dread of Chronoa's cooking and was relieved when Future Trunks managed to convince Chronoa to hold off on celebrating Tokitoki's successful laying his egg with Tokitoki raising no objection (as Chronoa planned to cook a feast for the entire Time Patrol, Tokitoki likely realized her feast could potentially put the entire Time Patrol out of action with stomach cramps which would have been extremely dangerous with evil doers like Towa and Mira still on the loose) as he himself was against Chronoa cooking the feast as much as Future Trunks was.
He also gets along with Elder Kai despite his tendency to argue with Chronoa at times. In the opening Time Patroller recruitment video for Xenoverse 2, Tokitoki can be seen perched on Elder Kai's shoulder as he walks up to where Chronoa is berating Future Trunks as the Chronoa narration explains the dangers of altering history, showing that unlike Chronoa Elder Kai does not mind him perching on him (surprisingly Elder Kai can bare Tokitoki weight with no difficulty as he walks normally despite Chronoa claiming Tokitoki was heavy though that may be due to her small size as well as Elder Kai presumably having enough upper body strength to bare Tokitoki's weigh despite his old age and physical frailness). Additionally Elder Kai was happy to her the new about Tokitoki's Egg and congratulates Chronoa though this was mainly due to his excitement over seeing the start of a new universe. Elder Kai is shown to be aware of Tokitoki's importance and explains his status as a divine bird who creates time to the Future Warrior and tells Future Trunks about the nature of Tokitoki's Eggs and why they are so important. However Elder Kai did disagree with Tokitoki's suggestion to order "take-out" as he put it using the Dragon Balls though Beerus countered Elder Kai's argument saying it was a festive occasion which caused Elder Kai to back down as he knew full well their was no use arguing the Beerus.
Generally when things are peaceful, Tokitoki is shown to be carefree hanging around the Time Nest perching in various places and can occasionally be seen preening himself. He is also friendly with Whis (which is ironic given Whis' ability to manipulate time) even perching on his Angel Attendant's Staff after Demigra's defeat in Xenoverse and Whis is shown to be protective of Tokitoki's Egg in Xenoverse 2 as Whis noted he could not allow it to be accidentally destroyed by Beerus' fury over Towa's manipulation to the point Whis stepped up to help the Time Patrol calm Beerus down (presumably due to the egg's importance in addition to his own fondness for Tokitoki). Tokitoki also shows no fear of God of Destruction Beerus despite being aware of Beerus' status and Beerus' cat-like appearance (presumably Tokitoki is aware that Beerus is unlikely to harm him due to Tokitoki's own importance to the creation of time and/or him being aware that Whis would not permit Beerus to harm him). Additionally it is implied that Whis transported Goku to Age ??? primarily to ensure the recovery of Tokitoki's Egg and may have directed Goku to retrieve it before destroying Mira which would explain why Goku removed the egg with his Dragon Fist (though Goku failed to recognize the egg's importance given he tried to eat it after returning to the Time Nest).
Tokitoki was born at least 75,000,000 years ago. Back when Chronoa was still a Kai, she and a wizard named Demigra were tasked with raising him. However Demigra started plotting and began experimenting on Tokitoki, resulting in a time distortion. Fortunately Chronoa grew suspicious of Demigra and went to expose his plans in order to save Tokitoki. This led to Chronoa's fight with Demigra and his two cohorts Gravy and Putine who Chronoa defeated. For their crimes, Demigra, Gravy, Putine, and several other evil wizards where banished to the Demon Realm. As a result, Chronoa was left as Tokitoki's sole caretaker.
He was eventually raised into an adult by Chronoa resulting in her being given the position of Supreme Kai of Time. However Demigra had managed to gather enough Kili to become a Demon God and attacked the Time Nest in an attempt to seize Tokitoki and claim Chronoa's position for himself. However Chronoa was able to defeat the Demon God and sealed him within the Crack of Time. Afterwards she and Tokitoki lived alone together in the Time Nest located at the edge of Universe 7 in relative peace, though eventually Chronoa was forced to recruit Trunks: Xeno as an assistant due to the number of timelines created by his and Cell's use of the Time Machine. Together with Trunks: Xeno, Chronoa created the Time Patrol in order to deal with other changes in history and any anomalies resulting from the abuse of time travel. At some point, Tokitoki became the namesake of Toki Toki City which served as the home base and headquarters of the Time Patrol connected to the Time Nest via special gateway in the Plaza of Time.
During the game's story, Tokitoki starts acting strangely, likely due to Towa and Mira's alterations of history and possibly due to the weakening of the barrier that separates the Crack of Time from the rest of the universe. Part of Chronoa's role as Supreme Kai of Time is the care and protection of Tokitoki and his eggs which are capable of creating time for an entirely new universe. These traits make Tokitoki and his eggs a prime target for villains who seek to acquire his power and/or his eggs, thus his protection is extremely important task for both Chronoa and the Time Patrol.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Tokitoki is seen in a scene landing on top of Chronoa's head, after shooing him off she stated she did not care he was mad and that he is heavier than he looks.
Later, Tokitoki is next to Chronoa as she wonders if there are more people like Mira and Towa who can alter history, but dismisses her thought of Demigra's involvement as impossible.
When Demigra appears in the Time Nest Chronoa reveals in 75 Million Before Age the Demon God tried to seize control of the Time Nest and attempted to kidnap Tokitoki but failed and was sealed inside the Crack of Time. When Demigra demands Chronoa handover Tokitoki, she refuses and shields Tokitoki with her body.
During the Demon God Demigra Saga, she orders Future Trunks to protect Tokitoki before leaving to summon Goku with the Dragon Balls. When Demigra attacks Toki Toki City, he manages to capture and seal Tokitoki in a Sphere of Dark energy which he swallows, gaining the powers of a God in the process. After SSJ3 Goku and the Future Warrior kill Demigra with a Friend Kamehameha. As the Crack of Time collapses, the Future Warrior dodges a falling Time Chasm Crystal, causing the orb containing Tokitoki to float near them and release Tokitoki. Goku grabs Tokitoki by the head and uses Instant Transmission to return to the Time Nest. While being greeted by Future Trunks and Chronoa, Tokitoki perches on Goku's arm.
In the Alternate Ending, the Future Warrior defeats Demigra with the Z-Spirit Kamehameha and like the normal ending they dodge a falling Time Chasm Crystal and the orb holding Tokitoki appears and Tokitoki is freed. Tokitoki then uses its power to teleport itself and the Future Warrior back to the Time Nest where they are greeted by Goku, Future Trunks, and Chronoa.
After the Credits, Tokitoki flies around the restored Toki Toki City and encounters Beerus and Whis talking about Demigra's defeat. He perches on Whis' staff while the pair chat and Whis pets Tokitoki on the head before he and Beerus leave.
Later Tokitoki joins Chronoa and Future Trunks in watching the Future Warrior test four new Time Patrol candidates, which the Future Warrior easily defeats. Tokitoki is startled by Future Trunks yelling at the Warrior for overdoing it. Eventually Chronoa is able to calm Tokitoki down and the two rejoin the Future Warrior and Trunks.
At the end of the Legendary Super Saiyan Saga, Tokitoki gets jealous when Chronoa mentions she thinks Bardock's bad boy image is attractive and wonders if he has a girlfriend before Future Trunks reveals he has a wife. His jealousy causing him to attack her, however Chronoa reveals she was only kidding.
- Time Patrol Recruitment Video
Tokitoki can be seen during the opening recruitment video perched on Old Kai's shoulders as he walks up to Chronoa and Future Trunks . Interestingly, Elder Kai doesn't seem to be hindered at all by Tokitoki's weight as he walks normally.
Tokitoki is with Chronoa at the Recreation Plaza Shop Area when she congratulates the Future Warrior on their new assignment. Tokitoki sits on the ground as Chronoa tells them where Elder Kai wented. The Future Warrior can even interact with Tokitoki who will make a vocal "Toh!".
- Raditz's Attack Saga
After the Future Warrior deals with a new alteration to Age 761 during the fight with Raditz that causes Gohan to be absent putting Piccolo and Goku at disadvantage, Chronoa and Tokitoki return to the Time Nest. Tokitoki watches as Chronoa and Elder Kai bicker over Chronoa's habit of calling Elder Kai an old man as he considers the 1000 year age difference between them hardly makes him an old man (as his aged appearance is due to his fusion with the Old Witch) though Chronoa bases her opinion based on his appearance. Chronoa then leads the Future Warrior out with Tokitoki and Elder Kai following them back to the Plaza where Chronoa shows them a holographic statue of the legendary Toki Toki City Hero who saved history and Tokitoki from Demon God Demigra during the Demigra Incident as she and Elder Kai explain the hero was their predecessor as very few Time Patrollers actually fix history via Time Scroll a task which is reserved for elite members such as Future Trunks and his legendary partner or talented recruits like them. Tokitoki returns to the Time Nest afterwards while Chronoa stays in the plaza to ensure the Future Warrior gets settled in their role and takes full advantage of Conton City's may facilities.
- Interlude 01 - Trunks, History's Hero
After fixing a sequence of Time distortions on either Earth or Namek (Elder Kai gives the Future Warrior a choice of Earth or Namek) in Age 762, Tokitoki, Chronoa, and Elder Kai are in the Time Vault when they return. Tokitoki watches as Chronoa greets them before Future Trunks and his partner return back from their mission. Future Trunks apologies for failing their mission but Chronoa tells him if they where that easy to catch they'd have done so by now so he shouldn't worry about it. Elder Kai insists Future Trunks make a proper introduction to the Future Warrior. Tokitoki watches perched on a chair as Future Trunks introduces himself and his partner before explaining they've been using the scrolls to fix history but have become overwhelmed forcing them to request for assistance from them and Elder Kai. Future Trunks and Chronoa then reveal the identity of the pair Future Trunks and his partner have been pursuing through history are two old adversaries of theirs, Towa and Mira.
- Interlude 02 - The Egg that Birthed Time
"Tokitoki is a divine bird that manipulates time. His eggs hold the time for a brand new universe."
— Old Kai
After the Warrior manages to fix Time distortions on Earth and Namek caused by Turles and Lord Slug, Chronoa leaves it to Old Kai and the Warrior to figure out how to stop the pair, causing Old Kai to admonish her for leaving in the middle of a discussion, only for Chronoa to inform him that she needs to prepare as Tokitoki is about to lay an egg soon. Old Kai congratulates her and explains to the Warrior that Tokitoki's eggs hold the time for a new universe. Chronoa adds that basically Tokitoki's eggs have the power to create time itself and part of her role as Supreme Kai of Time is to make sure that Tokitoki lays healthy eggs, thus the Supreme Kai of Time is responsible making sure the eggs are healthy in order to produce time for entirely new universes.
- Decisive Battle with Majin Buu
After battling with the Androids and Mira in both the main and Future Trunks' timeline, Chronoa calls Future Trunks and the 2nd Future Warrior to make an announcement which Future Trunks assumes is another history change, only to be dumbfounded when she reveals that Tokitoki had finally laid a Time Egg as Elder Kai had neglected to tell Future Trunks about the eggs. Trunks is unimpressed by Chronoa's announcement causing Chronoa to yell at him and Tokitoki to screech in anger over Trunks' ignorance. Elder Kai explains the power of Tokitoki's eggs and there important role as he had previously to the Future Warrior, causing Trunks to state it that it is "One hell of an Egg!. Chronoa wants to throw a party to celebrate and announces she will cook up a feast, striking fear in both Future Trunks and Tokitoki who are well aware of Chronoa's horrible cooking skills. Future Trunks suggests they wait and Tokitoki agrees, much to Chronoa's disappointment as she had just gotten a new apron, but decides to hold off as the Future Warrior hadn't yet returned and that it would be best to wait until they could get everybody together, much to Future Trunks and Tokitoki's relief.
- The Emperor's Return Saga
After the battle with the resurrected Golden Frieza and Metal Cooler, during which Towa hacked the Time Nest and impersonated Chronoa to lure Beerus and Whis from Age 779, Beerus is furious that Towa failed to appear after the Future Warrior stopped Frieza from destroying the Earth thanks to Whis' Temporal Do-Over. At first Whis suggests sealing Elder Kai in the Z Sword again, but is soon informed by Chronoa that Tokitoki laid an egg. Whis is excited by the news and understanding that it would be bad if he allowed Beerus to accidentally destroy the egg in his anger over Towa's manipulation of him, Whis offers to spare with both Beerus and the 2nd Future Warrior, which piques Beerus' interest as it had been a while since he and his master spared. The sparing session manages to calm Beerus down and the Future Warrior manages to impress both Whis and Beerus the latter of whom decides to leave Towa and Mira's defeat to the Time Patrol and they return to their own time.
- Warrior from the Demon World Saga
Tokitoki watches as Chronoa and Elder Kai go through the scrolls but don't have any luck.
The Warrior returns to the Time Vault, and is congratulated by both Future Trunks and Elder Kai, but Chronoa states it is no time to celebrate as long as Towa is out there. Tokitoki screeches and Chronoa is attacked from behind by Towa who appears inside the Time Vault to the shock of Future Trunks , Elder Kai, Tokitoki, and the Future Warrior. Elder Kai cannot believe it as the Time Nest and Conton City are protected by a barrier, but Towa reveals that the Mask they brought with them was what allowed her to bypass it and reveals her plan was to steal Tokitoki's egg all along. Chronoa holds on to Tokitoki to prevent him from trying to attack Towa in an effort to protect his egg. Towa frees Mira from the Wormhole and he easily defeats Future Trunks and almost takes out the 2nd Future Warrior but they are shielded by the original Future Warrior who's existence had been restored. With both Future Trunks and the original Warrior out of action, the 2nd Future Warrior chases after Mira and Towa to Age ???. However, Towa is later absorbed along with the egg by Mira who had changed after being defeated by SSJ3 Bardock in the Time Rift. This causes Mia to transform into his Final Form. However with the assistance of Whis, Goku arrives to aid the Future Warrior to repay them for their help in defeating Golden Frieza and Metal Cooler in Age 779, transforming into a Super Saiyan Blue to fight Mira. Together they defeat Mira, with Goku using a Dragon Fist to remove Tokitoki's Egg and telling the Future Warrior to finish it, causing them to finish Mira off with a Super Kamehameha.
They return to the Time Nest, only for Chronoa to yell at Goku for trying to eat Tokitoki's egg causing Tokitoki to screech at Goku in anger as well, though eventually everything calms down as everyone attributes it up to Goku's typical good-natured ignorance and naivety. Chronoa then informs everyone that the egg is ready to hatch soon and everyone is anticipating the birth of a new universe.
To celebrate the return of Tokitoki's egg and the defeat of Towa and Mira, Chronoa decides to hold to feast she originally planned, but Tokitoki successfully convinces her that there are too many people to cook for and to use the Dragon Balls to summon Shenron to wish up a feast despite Elder Kai's protests over using the Dragon Balls for "ordering takeout", but his objections fall on deaf ears when Beerus counters it will be fine as it is a festive occasion after all (with Elder Kai wisely choosing to drop the argument after having only recently avoided being destroyed by Beerus after bumping into him in Conton City and angering the deity when he revealed he still holds a grudge over the "Z Sword Affair"). Tokitoki is later seen flying near the table where Chronoa, Whis, Elder Kai, and Goku are sitting during the feast. After the feast, Tokitoki joins Chronoa in watching the two Future Warriors sparring.
- Warrior of Hope Saga
Tokitoki is present inside the Time Vault when Infinite Zamasu appears inside the Time Vault after Grotesque Zamasu is physically killed by Future Trunks with the Sword of Hope in Age 796, fulfilling his promise to destroy the Time Patrol's "masters". Though initially startled by Infinite Zamasu's sudden appearance, Tokitoki remained calm after noticing Chronoa's calm reaction to Infinite Zamasu's presence despite the apparent danger the rogue Shinjin posed to everyone present and the serious threat the mad Shinjin's presence inside the Time Vault posed to all of history. He also joined Chronoa in staring Zamasu down after Chronoa confidently asserted that Infinite Zamasu's disappearance was a part of history and that his struggle was pointless, before watching Infinite Zamasu being erased from all of existence due to Future Zeno erasing Infinite Zamasu in Age 796 after the Future Warrior had successfully delivered Zeno's Button to Goku who had dropped it accidentally while fighting Supervillain Turles and Goku Black in Age 796. Afterwards Tokitoki seconded Chronoa when she told Future Trunks to stop brooding over his crime of altering history and recognize all the good he had done.
- Hero Colosseum Saga
During the Hero Colosseum Saga, Tokitoki sits next to Chronoa in the Time Nest when Elder Kai asks Future Trunks about the Hero Figure he is hold and Future Trunks explains that he got the figure in Conton City from his mother Bulma from the main timeline (the same one the Instructors Goku and Vegeta originate) who had created them for some kind of game using data she collected while visiting Conton City. Future Trunks also reveals he received some figures for the Future Warrior, however he doesn't know anything else about them or the game itself as he didn't ask. Chronoa mentions she saw Little Trunks (Kid Trunks) and Goten playing with figures earlier, so Future Trunks and the Future Warrior decide to go into Conton City to ask the boys about it, which results in both learning about Figure Battles and getting roped into promoting the Hero Colosseum by Bulma after her own promotion efforts have failed to generate hardly any interest in Figures or the Hero Colosseum.
- Infinite History Saga
The Future Warrior enters a Time Rift where Demon God Demigra is Supreme Kai of Time and leader of the Time Patrol with Elder Kai, Future Trunks , the Toki Toki City Hero, and Future Warrior serving under him as they do Chronoa though only the Future Warrior realizes the timeline is wrong. Demigra reveals he summoned them as Tokitoki has gone missing. Future Trunks notes he's been too hard on Tokitoki and Elder Kai notes the Supreme Kai of Time Demigra seems evil even pointing out his evil laugh. Demigra dismisses their concerns and Future Trunks suggests they call for Tokitoki. The Future Warrior watches in bewilderment as a mysterious man appears out from the Time Vault which is showing signs of a massive history change however Demigra and Future Trunks are too busy calling for Tokitoki to take notice. However before things turn for the worse the man absorbs the change causing the Warrior to find themself back in the Time Nest with Chronoa chewing them out for apparently daydreaming unaware of what just transpired. Tokitoki is with her as she explains she summoned everyone to deal with new rifts in time that had brainwashed the patrollers sent to investigation them. Chronoa recruits the Future Warrior and their current instructor to look into the matter during which they learn the mysterious man is Fu, the artificially created genetic offspring of Towa and Mira. However Fu claims he is not behind the rifts and even offers to use his ability to absorb changes he makes to weaken the rifts which he has been using to safely alter history as part of his experiments though Chronoa and Old Kai are weary of him and leave it to the Future Warrior whether to take Fu up on his offer.
Dragon Ball Heroes
Dark Demon Realm Saga
Main article: Dark Demon Realm Saga
Dark King Mechikabura Saga
Main article: Dark King Mechikabura Saga
- Demigra Assault
As a divine bird, Tokitoki possesses the power to create and manipulate time thus it serves an important role in producing time itself. Tokitoki's eggs can even create time for an entire universe and possess enough Kili to revive the Demon Realm according Towa. Due to its power over time, as Supreme Kai of Time Chronoa is responsible for ensuring Tokitoki is protected and well cared for to ensure the production of healthy Time Eggs.
Demigra's experiments on the young Tokitoki in the past resulted in a time distortion, indicating that any potential harm to Tokitoki could result in time distortions. Tokitoki's power over time is one of the main reasons Demigra attempted to take the bird during his first attack on the Time Nest and his later absorption of Tokitoki in Age 850, which granted him power over time and space. In fact Chronoa was given her position mainly due to her successfully managing to raise Tokitoki into an adult after saving the bird from Demigra after he abused his position as one of Tokitoki's caretakers, proving herself the ideal candidate for the position of Supreme Kai of Time, as Tokitoki's care and protection is one of the Supreme Kai of Time's main duties to ensure the creation of time itself.
While Tokitoki's power and influence over the creation of time is great, Tokitoki is physically weak and requires Chronoa, Future Trunks, Future Warrior to protect him from threats such as Demigra and was easily captured and turned into candy by Demigra so he could absorb the bird's power over time. Chronoa also had to hold onto Tokitoki tightly in order to prevent him from attacking Towa to protect his egg from the Demon Scientist. Tokitoki intelligent and can communicate with Chronoa despite his limited vocalizations which Chronoa can apparently understand.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Hikou - Being a bird, Tokitoki can naturally fly using his wings.
- Talons - Used to attack Chronoa when he was jealous over her comments about finding Bardock attractive.
- Time Creation - Tokitoki possesses the ability to actually create time.
- Egg Laying - Despite being male, Tokitoki has the ability to lay eggs, though instead of offspring these eggs hold time for a new universe. According to Towa, these Time Eggs also contain an massive amount of Kili enough she believes will allow her revive the Demon Realm and control time and space. Originally, Towa tried to artificially recreate these Time eggs herself but failed resulting in the creation of 5 Distorted Time Eggs which were later recovered by the 2nd Future Warrior. Chronoa later reveals that Towa failed as it is impossible to recreate Tokitoki's Eggs artificially and had to resort to stealing Tokitoki's Egg, though she and the egg ended up being absorbed by Mira, who was defeated by SSGSS Goku who used the Dragon Fist to recover the egg and the 2nd Future Warrior killed Mira with a Super Kamehameha after the egg was safely removed from Mira. However, Chronoa later had to stop Goku from trying to eat the egg as he thought it looked tasty. Chronoa mentions that the egg will soon hatch marking the birth of an entirely new universe. While Distorted Time Eggs resemble the Tokitoki's Eggs to the point Chronoa herself briefly mistook one for Tokitoki's Egg when the Future Warrior first showed it to her, they lack the power of Tokitoki's Eggs though are still strong enough to create large stable Rifts in Time and all five together have the ability to create natural time distortions by reacting to strong emotions thus attempts to replicate Tokitoki's Eggs artificially are still dangerous as the power of multiple eggs can lead to the creation of alternate timelines (as the natural occurring time distortions function much like artificial ones produced by flawed Time Machines). In addition to Towa, in the past Mechikabura also attempted to steal one of Tokitoki's Eggs but was stopped by Chronoa making protecting them from evil another one of Chronoa's duties.
- Time Distortion - In his youth, Tokitoki produced a time distortion as a result of Demigra's cruel experiments involuntarily producing one due to physical and/or mental harm he experienced. It is unclear if this was due to his young age or not. However it explains why Chronoa protects him as such time distortions can potentially create alternate timelines.
- Teleportation Technique - Used by Tokitoki in the Alternate Ending of "Defend History! Unknown Battle" to transport himself and the Future Warrior back to the safely of the Time Nest.
- Tokitoki's Protection - An ability bestowed on those Tokitoki is fond of according to Chronoa. The exact nature of this ability is unknown.
- On the Time Scrolls, there is a tassel with one of Tokitoki's feathers attached to it.
- Chronoa tells the Future Warrior that those who Tokitoki is very fond are said to receive the gift of Tokitoki's Protection, though she admits she has only heard about it long ago.
- She also states that Tokitoki seems to like the Future Warrior, indicating they may receive Tokitoki's Protection. During the Demon God Demigra Saga the Future Warrior finds themself in an empty space that resembles the Hyperbolic Time Chamber (though it lacks the living area, hourglasses, and doorway) after they are hit by one of Demigra's Energy Spears and restrained causing them to fall unconscious. They awake to find themselves in this empty space where the only thing of interest is a Time Scroll that records the events of Age 850 that allows the Future Warrior to travel back in time and stop Demigra's plan of destroying the Time Storage Vault. Before slipping into unconsciousness and waking up in the empty space, the Future Warrior heard the cries of Tokitoki (who had been swallowed by Demigra). It is assumed that this empty space with the Time Scroll was likely created by Tokitoki's Protection to aid the Future Warrior in stopping Demigra and ultimately freeing Tokitoki from the Demon God.
- Despite being male, Tokitoki is capable of laying eggs, though they produce time for an entire universe instead of offspring.
- In Xenoverse 2, Chronoa is shown to be capable of understanding Tokitoki.
- Tokitoki apparently dislikes Chronoa's horrible cooking as he is visibly shaken alongside Future Trunks and screeches when she says she's going to prepare a feast to celebrate Tokitoki recent egg laying in Xenoverse 2.
- After Mira's defeat, he even encourages Chronoa to use the Dragon Balls to make the enough food for everyone, when she suggests cooking it herself. He successfully argues that there are too many people for her to cook for. His ability to do this is likely the result of having lived with Chronoa for millions of years.
- Tokitoki seems to be fond of Whis as he is shown perching on Whis' staff in the epilogue of Xenoverse. Interestingly, Whis possesses the ability to rewind time with his Temporal Do-Over and can travel through time using Warp and/or Teleportation.
- In Xenoverse 2, Whis is thrilled to hear that Tokitoki had recently laid an egg and convinced Beerus to spar with him in order to alleviate Beerus' anger over Towa's manipulation in order to prevent Beerus from potentially destroying the egg.
- Tokitoki also shows little fear of Beerus despite his reputation and feline appearance. However this is likely due to Tokitoki's own divine importance.
- Additionally it is likely that Whis would not allow Beerus to cause any harm to Tokitoki (intentional or other wise) given the bird's important role (which is reinforced by Whis taking action to prevent Beerus from accidentally destroying Tokitoki's Egg during the God of Destruction's Anger Saga and role in sending Goku to Age ??? which of course lead to the Egg's recovery which is likely why Whis agreed to Goku's request).
- Tokitoki is similar to Bubbles as both are animal companions of Core Person (Chronoa & King Kai respectively) and can communicate intelligently with others despite their inability to talk (as Goku and King Kai known to be able to understand Bubbles vocalizations, as demonstrated most notably when Bubbles informed Goku about Broly causing trouble in Hell at the end of Bio-Broly, while Chronoa can understand Tokitoki's vocalizations to the point he can convince her to summon Shenron to wish up a feast instead of cooking it herself as she originally intended). However they differ in that Bubbles is simply King Kai's pet while Tokitoki is a divine bird who's care is one of Chronoa's primary duties (starting when she herself was still just a Kai before her promotion to Supreme Kai of Time) as Supreme Kai of Time.
- Bubbles and Tokitoki being intelligent is not surprising as in real life certain species primates (including monkeys) and birds are recognized for their animal intelligence and problem solving skills.
- Tokitoki shares Goku and King Kai's English voice actor Sean Schemmel who provides Tokitoki's vocalizations in the Funimation dub of the Xenoverse series.
- In the Supreme Kai Demigra timeline, it is implied by Time Patrol Trunks' comments that Demigra continued to abuse Tokitoki as Supreme Kai of Time. It is also implied Tokitoki was hiding from Demigra when he went missing. Its possible Tokitoki may have even been the source of the massive time distortion before the history changes were absorbed by Fu as he produced one in the past, though it may have been more likely due to Demigra being Supreme Kai of Time.