FANDOM

7,491 Pages

  • So this image http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/23/1433689455-emr07z.jpg is on the source section for Fusion Dance. I'm getting conflicting answers concerning this when searching the image. Some use it as fact while others say the image is fake, mutiple times from different sites. Can anyone confirm or deny its authenticity?

      Loading editor
    • Yes it is real and its discussing a what if fight between Gogeta and Vegito and who would win.

        Loading editor
    • It's real V-Jump Magazine article in 90's.

        Loading editor
    • 0551E80Y
      0551E80Y removed this reply because:
      Spam
      19:34, January 6, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Smh for 21.

        Loading editor
    • Kanzenshuu confirmed it was real. It was from the 1995 issue I believe.

        Loading editor
    • Nonsense. This article was completely invented by the editors of the magazine, and has nothing to do with the canon (which states that Potara is stronger, by the way). For example, this garbage is also their work. They did a lot of this. There was even a scan (I won’t find it now), which said that Zamas was stronger than Daishinkan. Only all this is non-canon
      GogetaBP

      Non-canon

      V2

      Non-Canon

        Loading editor
    • Herms from Kanzenshuu already delved into this. Originally in the manga Potara was superior. But as of current and in all current media dance and potara are equal, the only thing not equal is the time for each fusion.

        Loading editor
    • I believe that Toriyama stated that in a long battle, it woulb be Vegeto who would win. In a short one, it would be Gogeta. Gogeta is more powerful, but Vegeto's fusion lasts longer. If Vegeto could last longer than 30 mins. Vegeto would win by default.

        Loading editor
    • Superior Sonic The Hedgohog
      Superior Sonic The Hedgohog removed this reply because:
      Error
      22:48, January 12, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • FlatZone wrote:
      Herms from Kanzenshuu already delved into this. Originally in the manga Potara was superior. But as of current and in all current media dance and potara are equal, the only thing not equal is the time for each fusion.

      There was not a single official statement about their equality. There was only another fake information from the editor of the magazine, but no more

        Loading editor
    • Go back to Kanzenshuu and do some research then because you are totally lost. Current information says Vegito and Gogeta are EQUAL trumpcards. That means Fusion Dance and Potara bring equal power, in base form one lasts and hour and the other lasts 30 minutes. Herms twitter already delved into all this, as I said before. Go look at his tweets, I promise you he knows more than you do and I promise you I trust his information better.

        Loading editor
    • Let's not forget that when this was made, Gogeta only existed in GT and in the movie Fusions Reborn which is now non-canon. Gogeta in Super: Broly may be stronger and on par with Vegito now.

        Loading editor
    • FlatZone wrote:
      Go back to Kanzenshuu and do some research then because you are totally lost. Current information says Vegito and Gogeta are EQUAL trumpcards. That means Fusion Dance and Potara bring equal power, in base form one lasts and hour and the other lasts 30 minutes. Herms twitter already delved into all this, as I said before. Go look at his tweets, I promise you he knows more than you do and I promise you I trust his information better.

      Equal trump cards according to NON-CANONIC INFORMATION.

      Well and yes, I wanted to spit on some kind of fan theories when there is reliable information from the franchise characters themselves and reliable (I emphasize) databooks ​​​​

      Upd. Complete degradation. Now the words of some jerks on Twitter are a worthy argument. I can still accept fakes from magazines, but this ...

        Loading editor
    • LMAO he says Herms and Kanzenshuu are just "some jerks from twitter." Now I can't take ANYTHING you say seriously.

        Loading editor
    • Ya Boi King Kai wrote:
      Let's not forget that when this was made, Gogeta only existed in GT and in the movie Fusions Reborn which is now non-canon. Gogeta in Super: Broly may be stronger and on par with Vegito now.

      Old Kaioshin and Guide compared methods of merging in canonical DB (films have never been canon). If we are talking about this, then... Of course, if we compare the different versions (Vegito from the battle with Zamasu and Gogeta from DBS: Broly), then Gogeta will obviously be stronger

        Loading editor
    • Potara fusion is indeed stronger than fusion. I believe they use the same multiplier for fusion, but the secret is, for Fusion Dance, a strong person has to lower their powr to match a weaker person. This was said so by Goku who couldn't use fusion because everyone in otheworld was below his power level. It is also true that someone using fusion dance cannot do so if they have a broken limb. There are a lot of constraints on Fusion Dance. All the while, for a potara fusion, it's "come as you are." There is no need to lower or increase power levels or worry about broken limbs. You just put on the ear rings and fuse. This will equal a stronger fusion form. But, if the fusiees for the dance are at a perfectly similar power level and have no broken limbs. It is possible that the dance could close in or even match Potara. This is how I rationallize it anyways...

        Loading editor
    • Ya Boi King Kai wrote:
      Potara fusion is indeed stronger than fusion. I believe they use the same multiplier for fusion, but the secret is, for Fusion Dance, a strong person has to lower their powr to match a weaker person.

      I never found this theory to make sense. Where do you think the excess power (the person who lowered their power) goes to? Thin air? It more than likely goes into the power of fusion, and the equal power is only needed to perform the fusion itself, and which is why it is now canon that Vegito = Gogeta in terms of power. The only thing Vegito would have over Gogeta would be how long the fusion lasts.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly, the power they bring are equal but the time limits are not.

        Loading editor
    • Very true. But I think it means the fusion type in general. It doesn't mean that Gogeta is weaker than Vegito. What it means is that Potara is stronger than Fusion Dance. When the power difference is too great, Fusion Dance fails. Also, When I think of fusion, I feel it has a hard multiplier just as Super Saiyan supposedly does. But if we go back to the times when the fusion forms were defined by Toriyama, it was stated originally that it is A X B. One power level times another. If you lower your power level, you lower the multiplier. This was how it was originally defined. So it would be 200 X 200 instead of 200 X 400 (The power isn't considered, just the number.) However, it seems that this was retconned by Vados and Gogeta himself. So unless those potara pack a lot of energy into them when they transform, it would seem that the only thing superior about them is time and ease of use. We don't know really. Untill new info is released, this is all just speculation.

        Loading editor
    • Not to mention that power levels fluctuate. If you use an attack, as seen with Raditz's scouter when Piccolo was using his Special Beam Cannon, it goes up. It is possibe that alot of the energy is not their own, or that they DO create energy which they shouldn't be able to.

        Loading editor
    • I think vegito would win. It was stated by old Kai that the potara fusion was superior to the fusion dance. The fusion dance however is just more convenient

        Loading editor
    • He said it was superior in his opinion and I assume he was talking about the fact that it was supposed to be permanent(turns out to be just an hour at max for non gods) as opposed to 5 mins minimum and 30 mins maximum.

        Loading editor
    • FlatZone wrote:
      He said it was superior in his opinion and I assume he was talking about the fact that it was supposed to be permanent(turns out to be just an hour at max for non gods) as opposed to 5 mins minimum and 30 mins maximum.

      Keep in mind this is the same Kai who likes to look at girls on the beach. So he really shouldn't be considered. 

        Loading editor
    • He also likes to watch beetles duke it out.

      Such a wise man... He was SOOOO wise that Beerus had to seal him in the Z-Sword. LOL!

        Loading editor
    • Why you lyin bout fusion
        Loading editor
    • Well, the newest source of information we got about Vegito and Gogeta’s power is just from a magazine, so don’t take the fact that Gogeta and Vegito are equally as strong too seriously, after all, it could just be to hype up DBS Broly movie.

        Loading editor
    • I still think that potara is superior, but depending on how compadible you are with your partner, the fusion dance could be just as powerful. I think the movie hyped it up a bit. After all, the last time we've seen Vegito was in the Zamasu arc and Goku and Vegeta have become many MANY times stronger than they were then. But I still think Gogeta is almost (if not just as) powerful as Vegito now. Compadibility is everything. Let's face it, nobody is as compadible as Goku and Vegeta. it's like peanut butter and jelly. I'll let you decided who is who.

        Loading editor
    • If we take 2 Goku and 2 Vegeta on equal level and let them fuse into Vegito and Gogeta and fight I think there would be 2 outcomes. 

      a) if they're in a characters, I think it would be equal. Vegito is stronger but he doesn't take fight seriously( see Zamasu, Buu), and he lasts longer. Gogeta takes shit done( Broly) but he lasts only 30 minutes.  I can see Gogeta going all out against Vegito who would be toying with Gogeta but he would be defending his life and matching him but in the end they'd be equal or maybe I can see Gogeta winning because Vegito is too much toying with him.

      b). If they're both bloodlusted Vegito wins. Potara Fusion is stronger and plus Vegito lasts longer. But I do see them going all power attacks and Vegito's emerging in the end. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.