FANDOM

7,333 Pages

  • There is no doubt that the Dragon Ball wiki has a collection of tons of Dragon Ball content, but I feel that the content of this information can be somewhat questionable. When scrolling through many pages there is no separation between content that happens in the manga, anime, and dubbed versions of the anime. I think the information pertaining to that particular area should be separate on the page not clumped together. That way one can be sure of where the information comes from and its accuracy relating to a particular work. Also, I think there is some misinformation that exists on the wiki. For instance, it is never confirmed that Nappa is an elite soldier of Frieza's. He is stated to be a mid-class warrior and Toriyama even confirmed that Vegeta and King Vegeta are the only elite warriors Saiyan warriors. I get that sometimes this misinformation can make certain characters more interesting, but I think it has no place on a wiki where people are looking for Dragon Ball information. I think the wiki needs some changes because many people in the community cannot rely on the wiki for accurate information and people outside the community do not think it is trustworthy. I think some speculation is ok like putting Jiren's species as Jiren's race because they are clearly other members of his race. Bad speculation would include thinking Frieza's race is an Arcrosian, or Nappa is an elite warrior because there is no evidence of this or the evidence is in dub form. If you have ideas of other changes to help the wiki or see other misinformation on pages talk about it below. Do you support these changes to the Dragon Ball Wiki?

      Loading editor
    • If you want these "Changes" to happen bring it up here .

        Loading editor
    • Just because Nappa is not an elite Saiyan doesn't mean he's not an elite compared to the rest of Frieza's forces. Even a low-level warrior (Goku) proved to be more powerful than Frieza himself. Your argument is thus that if Goku were ever Frieza's soldier, he'd be low level, despite being more powerful than the boss.

        Loading editor
    • Tiger2025 wrote: There is no doubt that the Dragon Ball wiki has a collection of tons of Dragon Ball content, but I feel that the content of this information can be somewhat questionable. When scrolling through many pages there is no separation between content that happens in the manga, anime, and dubbed versions of the anime. I think the information pertaining to that particular area should be separate on the page not clumped together. That way one can be sure of where the information comes from and its accuracy relating to a particular work. Also, I think there is some misinformation that exists on the wiki. For instance, it is never confirmed that Nappa is an elite soldier of Frieza's. He is stated to be a mid-class warrior and Toriyama even confirmed that Vegeta and King Vegeta are the only elite warriors Saiyan warriors. I get that sometimes this misinformation can make certain characters more interesting, but I think it has no place on a wiki where people are looking for Dragon Ball information. I think the wiki needs some changes because many people in the community cannot rely on the wiki for accurate information and people outside the community do not think it is trustworthy. I think some speculation is ok like putting Jiren's species as Jiren's race because they are clearly other members of his race. Bad speculation would include thinking Frieza's race is an Arcrosian, or Nappa is an elite warrior because there is no evidence of this or the evidence is in dub form. If you have ideas of other changes to help the wiki or see other misinformation on pages talk about it below. Do you support these changes to the Dragon Ball Wiki?

      You know, I am thinking about gathering stuff like this in a discussion where several suggestions like yours belong in this weekly discussion I plan to doing where we do a end of the week reflection of how everything on the wiki has been going. As it can be a next step towards improvement and I will paraphrase and quote your conplaints onto the admin. After all, the people can just be as important as the higher ones in charge and with many, they can have as much power as the higher ups. The complaints/concerns/critiques will be ranging from discussion activity to things like this right now. Hope to see you there!

      But yes on to your topic. A lot of these things cannot be changed as there is just way too many mistakes. But we can try to make it happen. After all, we do break the impossible every day. You're not the only one to voice these concerns.

        Loading editor
    • 0551E80Y wrote:
      If you want these "Changes" to happen bring it up here .

      Yeah, that's a good idea. I will do that

        Loading editor
    • Orion Invictus wrote: Just because Nappa is not an elite Saiyan doesn't mean he's not an elite compared to the rest of Frieza's forces. Even a low-level warrior (Goku) proved to be more powerful than Frieza himself. Your argument is thus that if Goku were ever Frieza's soldier, he'd be low level, despite being more powerful than the boss.

      In an interview Akira Toryiama stated that Nappa's power level is merely 4000, when you're comparing him to Goku, a Saiyan stronger than Frieza. Ranks in the Frieza Force are based upon power and special abilities. With a power level of merely four thousand there's no way he would be an elite. He doesn't have any unique powers like the Ginyu Force either. The weakest elite in the Frieza Force shown is Guldo, who has the ability to freeze time and paralyze people. The weakest elite shown that doesn't have any unique abilities like time freeze is Vegeta when he first comes to Earth, who, stated by Akira Toryiama, has a power level of 18,000. With a power of 4000, and no special abilities, there's no way Nappa would be an elite.

        Loading editor
    • SuperBen 1000000 wrote:

      Tiger2025 wrote: There is no doubt that the Dragon Ball wiki has a collection of tons of Dragon Ball content, but I feel that the content of this information can be somewhat questionable. When scrolling through many pages there is no separation between content that happens in the manga, anime, and dubbed versions of the anime. I think the information pertaining to that particular area should be separate on the page not clumped together. That way one can be sure of where the information comes from and its accuracy relating to a particular work. Also, I think there is some misinformation that exists on the wiki. For instance, it is never confirmed that Nappa is an elite soldier of Frieza's. He is stated to be a mid-class warrior and Toriyama even confirmed that Vegeta and King Vegeta are the only elite warriors Saiyan warriors. I get that sometimes this misinformation can make certain characters more interesting, but I think it has no place on a wiki where people are looking for Dragon Ball information. I think the wiki needs some changes because many people in the community cannot rely on the wiki for accurate information and people outside the community do not think it is trustworthy. I think some speculation is ok like putting Jiren's species as Jiren's race because they are clearly other members of his race. Bad speculation would include thinking Frieza's race is an Arcrosian, or Nappa is an elite warrior because there is no evidence of this or the evidence is in dub form. If you have ideas of other changes to help the wiki or see other misinformation on pages talk about it below. Do you support these changes to the Dragon Ball Wiki?

      You know, I am thinking about gathering stuff like this in a discussion where several suggestions like yours belong in this weekly discussion I plan to doing where we do a end of the week reflection of how everything on the wiki has been going. As it can be a next step towards improvement and I will paraphrase and quote your conplaints onto the admin. After all, the people can just be as important as the higher ones in charge and with many, they can have as much power as the higher ups. The complaints/concerns/critiques will be ranging from discussion activity to things like this right now. Hope to see you there!

      But yes on to your topic. A lot of these things cannot be changed as there is just way too many mistakes. But we can try to make it happen. After all, we do break the impossible every day. You're not the only one to voice these concerns.

      Let me know when the start the weekly discussion its seems interesting. I think it will take the full force of all the users fix these mistakes, but if it can be done it will make the wiki a lot cleaner and much more trustworthy. I think it is possible to do, but it will take a very long time. Also, thanks for voicing my suggestions/complaints!

        Loading editor
    • Tiger2025 wrote: There is no doubt that the Dragon Ball wiki has a collection of tons of Dragon Ball content, but I feel that the content of this information can be somewhat questionable. When scrolling through many pages there is no separation between content that happens in the manga, anime, and dubbed versions of the anime. I think the information pertaining to that particular area should be separate on the page not clumped together. That way one can be sure of where the information comes from and its accuracy relating to a particular work. Also, I think there is some misinformation that exists on the wiki. For instance, it is never confirmed that Nappa is an elite soldier of Frieza's. He is stated to be a mid-class warrior and Toriyama even confirmed that Vegeta and King Vegeta are the only elite warriors Saiyan warriors. I get that sometimes this misinformation can make certain characters more interesting, but I think it has no place on a wiki where people are looking for Dragon Ball information. I think the wiki needs some changes because many people in the community cannot rely on the wiki for accurate information and people outside the community do not think it is trustworthy. I think some speculation is ok like putting Jiren's species as Jiren's race because they are clearly other members of his race. Bad speculation would include thinking Frieza's race is an Arcrosian, or Nappa is an elite warrior because there is no evidence of this or the evidence is in dub form. If you have ideas of other changes to help the wiki or see other misinformation on pages talk about it below. Do you support these changes to the Dragon Ball Wiki?

      Alright back on topic. I completely agree with you. There is a lot of misinformation, and there's no separate section for the manga and anime. When you read a page on this wiki it can be very confusing because information from the manga and anime are in the exact same sections when, in some cases, they're totally different information. We could do like the wookiepedia does with canon and legends, where there's different pages for the character's anime appearance and manga appearance. That would make a bunch of new pages though, so if that's not popular by the community we can do something much easier to pull off. We could just put a section for manga information and a separate section for movie information like this wiki already does for film appearances. There just needs to be separate sections for character's manga appearances and anime appearances so pages are a lot less confusing, and so the information is more reliable. Now for the misinformation. I noticed there is a lot of speculation on pages and that needs to be taken out. It would be hard to fix though. I'm thinking we could task certain users with the job of reading through many articles and taking out speculation. Those are my ideas to fix these issues that need to be addressed, thanks.

        Loading editor
    • EH28 wrote:

      Tiger2025 wrote: There is no doubt that the Dragon Ball wiki has a collection of tons of Dragon Ball content, but I feel that the content of this information can be somewhat questionable. When scrolling through many pages there is no separation between content that happens in the manga, anime, and dubbed versions of the anime. I think the information pertaining to that particular area should be separate on the page not clumped together. That way one can be sure of where the information comes from and its accuracy relating to a particular work. Also, I think there is some misinformation that exists on the wiki. For instance, it is never confirmed that Nappa is an elite soldier of Frieza's. He is stated to be a mid-class warrior and Toriyama even confirmed that Vegeta and King Vegeta are the only elite warriors Saiyan warriors. I get that sometimes this misinformation can make certain characters more interesting, but I think it has no place on a wiki where people are looking for Dragon Ball information. I think the wiki needs some changes because many people in the community cannot rely on the wiki for accurate information and people outside the community do not think it is trustworthy. I think some speculation is ok like putting Jiren's species as Jiren's race because they are clearly other members of his race. Bad speculation would include thinking Frieza's race is an Arcrosian, or Nappa is an elite warrior because there is no evidence of this or the evidence is in dub form. If you have ideas of other changes to help the wiki or see other misinformation on pages talk about it below. Do you support these changes to the Dragon Ball Wiki?

      Alright back on topic. I completely agree with you. There is a lot of misinformation, and there's no separate section for the manga and anime. When you read a page on this wiki it can be very confusing because information from the manga and anime are in the exact same sections when, in some cases, they're totally different information. We could do like the wookiepedia does with canon and legends, where there's different pages for the character's anime appearance and manga appearance. That would make a bunch of new pages though, so if that's not popular by the community we can do something much easier to pull off. We could just put a section for manga information and a separate section for movie information like this wiki already does for film appearances. There just needs to be separate sections for character's manga appearances and anime appearances so pages are a lot less confusing, and so the information is more reliable. Now for the misinformation. I noticed there is a lot of speculation on pages and that needs to be taken out. It would be hard to fix though. I'm thinking we could task certain users with the job of reading through many articles and taking out speculation. Those are my ideas to fix these issues that need to be addressed, thanks.

      The tasking users might actually be a good idea. It would be a good way to encourage involvement in fixing the wiki. Maybe achievements might help this as long as it is not a double edged sword

        Loading editor
    • Orion Invictus wrote:
      Just because Nappa is not an elite Saiyan doesn't mean he's not an elite compared to the rest of Frieza's forces. Even a low-level warrior (Goku) proved to be more powerful than Frieza himself. Your argument is thus that if Goku were ever Frieza's soldier, he'd be low level, despite being more powerful than the boss.

      Goku would be considered a low class when Raditz fought him on Earth, but clearly not when he becomes Super Saiyan. He would be of a different rank when his power rose to the post Ginyu fight

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.