"There's nothing to worry about, Mr. Popo. Alone, I can do little to help those on Earth. The time is right. Piccolo has changed. The evil that once filled his entire being has greatly diminished, and when we unite, I trust he will use our combined strength in the service of good."
"The Reunion" (かつてない敵に向けて... 超ナメック星人誕生!! Katsute Nai Teki ni Mukete… Sūpā Namekku-seijin Tanjō!!, lit. "To Face an Unprecedented Foe… A Super Namekian is Born!!") is the second episode of the Imperfect Cell Saga and the one hundred forty-first overall episode in the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. This episode first aired in Japan on May 27, 1992. Its original American airdate was October 5, 2000.
As Future Trunks and Gohan head back, the Androids in another part of town come to a stop while Android 18 gets a new outfit. Upon walking out of the store without paying, the shop clerk calls the police, who chase the androids' van down. However Android 18 puts a stop to the chase when she causes all the cars to crash.
Meanwhile, the Dragon Team are at Kame House with Goku still suffering from his heart disease. While Bulma is going back via plane, she hears a report on a mass amount of disappearances occurring at Gingertown. She then realizes that Gingertown is not far from the location of the Time Machine that was discovered as well as the egg fragments, and calls Master Roshi's place to tell them to watch the CQTV. Krillin and the others initially think that it is because Bulma wants them to see a speech she made and turn on the TV. Everyone has gathered around the TV, watching the horrible events occurring in Gingertown. The screen started losing the image. The Androids are still in hot pursuit for Goku.
Kami senses the events in Gingertown and tells Piccolo that it is far worse than the Androids. Mr. Popo tells Kami not to fuse with Piccolo but he says that there is no other way and that it must be done. Piccolo puts his hand on Kami's chest and the fusion begins. Kami screams as if he were dying and there is a cloud of smoke in the air. When it clears, Kami’s staff is on the ground and Kami is no more. He has fused permanently with Piccolo. Mr. Popo starts crying and says goodbye to Kami, but Piccolo/Kami says: "I am no longer Kami or Piccolo. I am the Namek who has long since forgotten his name." He then leaves the Lookout and Korin thinks: “Goodbye old friend.” Piccolo flies to Gingertown only to see several clothes lying on the ground. As he continues his search he is soon approached by a mysterious being.
- The inhabitants of Ginger Town go missing.
- Piccolo fuses with Kami permanently.
- Cell makes his first appearance.
Bruce Faulconer tracks
- "19 Almost Kills Goku" - When Kami fuses with Piccolo.
- "Super Namek (soundtrack)" - After Piccolo fuses with Kami before leaving Kami's Lookout.
- "Ginyu Transformation" - When Piccolo confronts Imperfect Cell in Gingertown.
Differences from the manga
- In the manga, Piccolo simply lands in Ginger Town as Cell approaches. In the anime, Piccolo wanders through the desolate town looking for Cell.
- Reffering to the incident in Gintertown, the TV journalist says, "Oh, the humanity!" This is a popular catchphrase from , stated during the live broadcast of the in 1937.
- In the scene where Kami merges with Piccolo, Piccolo places his hand on Kami's chest, then when the scene cuts to a different angle, his arm is down again. Then, a minute later, Piccolo's arm is back on Kami's chest.
- At one point, as the journalist is explaining the crisis in Gingertown, his moustache is far more prominent and larger than it usually is. This was also the case in the manga.
- This is the first episode to use music from The Return of Cooler.
|Imperfect Cell Saga|
|← Androids Saga||Perfect Cell Saga →|
|140 · 141 · 142 · 143 · 144 · 145 · 146 · 147 · 148 · 149 · 150 · 151 · 152|
|358 (164; Z) · 359 (165; Z) · 360 (166; Z) · 361 (167; Z) · 362 (168; Z) · 363 (169; Z) · 364 (170; Z) · 365 (171; Z) · 366 (172; Z) · 367 (173; Z) · 368 (174; Z) · 369 (175; Z) · 370 (176; Z) · 371 (177; Z) · 372 (178; Z) · 373 (179; Z)|
|30 (14; Z) · 31 (15; Z)|