"Pinich's rival and friend who wants to someday fight in the World Tournament. Meets many friends training within the timespace rift."
As a custom character, Tekka's appearance varies based on the player's preferences. However, he's portrayed as a male Earthling with brown hair. He wears a red gi with a blue cape and boots, resembling Mr. Satan's champion outfit and even wears a champion belt.
Tekka and Pinich summon Shenron and wish to create a tournament to determine the strongest fighter in time and space. This results in Shenron warping time and space to create warped dimension known as the Timespace Rift where fighters from different timelines can train, fight, and interact. Tekka and Pinich are sucked into the rift where they meet Bulma who informs them of the Timespace Tournament (Jikuuichi Budokai or Strongest in Space and Time) in which teams fight to prove who is the strongest. While Pinich goes off on his own due to seeing Tekka as his rival, Tekka seeks out Trunks and Goten who were also looking for teammates at the suggestion of Bulma who gives him the Timespace Radar, Ziku. After being saved from Nappa and Raditz by Trunks and Goten, they agree to join forces with Tekka. Eventually they open a time rift after Ziku detects Goku's energy coming from it, which causes Kid Goku to appear and meet Bulma's son and his future son Goten. Goku reveals that he was from the time when he was training under Kami and, learning about the Timespace Tournament, agrees to join Tekka's Team. After climbing up Korin's Tower to Area F2 of the rift, they rest at King Kai's Planet where they meet King Kai, who provides them with food and a place to rest. Eventually they make it to Hercule City and end up opening a time rift that connects the GT timeline to the rift, from which Pan emerges, accidentally kicking Kid Trunks in the process. Though she first mistakes Kid Goku for her grandpa GT Goku, after seeing Kid Trunks and Goten, she learns of the Timespace Rift and agrees to join Tekka's Team as well. During their adventure Tekka and their team encounter the Ginyu Force, Frieza, adult Goku, Vegeta, Bulla, Future Trunks, Piccolo, Gine, Bardock, Broly, Towa, Mira, King Piccolo, and countless other fighters.
- Flight - The ability to fly utilizing ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of ki attack.
- Burst Ki - An Explosive Wave technique that Tekka can use to open time holes causing cracks in timespace to appear allowing them to witness various points in Dragon Ball history or open portals that allow people from those timelines or other dimensions to enter the Timespace Rift such as Kid Goku, Pan, Future Trunks, and Gine. Due to the release of energy it alerts nearby enemy NPCs. Opening multiple time holes my cause them to combine to form bigger cracks in timespace. Can only be used by Tekka outside of battle.
- Kamehameha - The signature energy wave of the Turtle School originally invented by Master Roshi and later learned by many of Earth's fighters. Only available as a Special Move for certain races.
- Ultra Fusion - A fusion dance technique that allows five people to fuse to create an Ultra Fusion. Learned from the Ginyu Force after removing the barrier over Frieza's Spaceship and returning to Satan City to talk to Ginyu. Though exceptionally powerful, the resulting fusion time even shorter than Metamoran Fusion. The race, gender, and voice of the Ultra Fusion depends on the person who initiates it.
- EX-Fusion - By wearing a Metamo-Ring and performing the Fusion Dance with someone else wearing a Metamo-Ring they have strong affinity with Tekka can perform EX-Fusion. Though the fusions are weaker than those produced by Metamoran Fusion, they can remained fused as long as they wish and can defuse anytime by removing their Metamo-Ring. As they make friends easily, Tekka develops affinity very easily which allows them to EX-Fusion with almost anyone.
- Super Saiyan
- Standard Fusions
Main article: EX-Fusion
The Protagonist can use EX-Fusion to merge with any playable character. This increases Tekka's power, alters their appearance, and grants access to new Special Moves and Special Skills, however their profile, name, selected race, and gender remains the same. Tekka can change clothes after fusing.
- Fused w/ Pinich
In the story mode, the Protagonist fuses with Pinich in order to fight Cellza.
- Ultra Fusion
- Ziku - A robotic Timespace Radar invented by Bulma that she gives to Tekka shortly after they arrive inside the Timespace Rift. Ziku can detect ki, read power levels, and distortions in spacetime such as time holes. It can also function as a Dragon Radar and wireless communicator.
- Spaceship - Frieza's Spaceship converted into mobile base and headquarters for Tekka's Team by Bulma at the behest of Kid Trunks after Frieza and the Ginyu Force abandon the ship in Area F2 of the Timespace Rift. Contains various items such as terminals, wireless communications, dressing area, and Dragon Ball Pedestal.
- Metamo-Ring - A device created by Bulma that allows two people wearing Metamo-Rings to fuse after performing the Fusion Dance. After training with adult Goku to face Cell, Goku and Bulma introduce Tekka's Team to EX-Fusion. Metamo-Rings can be found on two tables inside team's Spaceship where Tekka and his team can perform EX-Fusion.
Video Game Appearances
- Tekka's name likely refers to the condiment made from boiled or fried root vegetables, fitting with the Saiyan-name pun scheme of vegetable names. However, in the manga and promotional material he is an Earthling, though Saiyan is one of his selectable races.
- Its possible that he may have been intended to be a Saiyan protagonist originally like customizable protagonists in Ultimate Tenkaichi and the Future Warriors (who are depicted as Saiyans in promotional material) in the Xenoverse series, but was changed to an Earthling during development to better contrast between him and his Saiyan friend/rival Pinich, though his name Tekka was retained. It could be a reference to his eventual fusion with Pinich, becoming a Saiyan/Human hybrid.
- The name may have also been selected as it is more likely that a player would select Saiyan over Earthling due to Saiyans being prominent in the series due its main protagonist Goku being a Saiyan.
- Unlike most character, Tekka is shown to be quite compatible when it comes to EX-Fusion as they can fuse with any playable character. Even without counting their Ultra Fusion and excluding Freeform Fusions, Tekka has the largest number of fusion forms of any single character in the Dragon Ball series.