This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Main Page article.
|Archive 1||October, 2007 - July, 2009|
|Archive 2||July, 2009 - August, 2010|
|Archive 3||August, 2010 - January, 2012|
Does anyone else think Goku should've kept his tail throughout the series?
Dragon Ball Z For Kinect
Is the Ultimate Tenkaichi template going to be replaced by a Dragon Ball Z For Kinect one?
Something Occured To me
It occured to me: If someone starts roleplaying on other Canon Wikis, they usually have a link to a Roleplaying Wikia on that particular subject on the Main Page, listed as an affliate. You've got one to the Fanon Wiki for fan fiction, but not a Wiki for roleplaying. And I've seen Chat Moderators get really annoyed when people start roleplaying in chat. So I was wondering, perhaps you could put the Goat City Wiki on the front page, and send people there if they start annoying everyone else with roleplay. I'm not trying to advertise; I'm wondering if perhaps you could add Goat City to the main page as an affliate. Wow-Wow-Wow-wow 18:16, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Dragon Ball Fanon Wiki has a chat, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind role playing there. Using Goat City Wiki isn't necessary. — N (t • c) 18:46, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Re-release the entire original dragon ball series in dragon box format.
It's time for a change in the dragon ball seires we already know about the dbz kai music plagarism scandal and ote bull, Funimation need to recall all of the dragon ball seires dvds and re-release them all on dvd and blu-ray in its original dragon box quality format to give the fans a whole new atomosphere like myself the original opening and closing of dragon ball dbz and dbgt as well as the next episode previews completes the entire original dragon ball series.—This unsigned comment was made by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
Cluttered main page
Hello, the main page is cluttered with the stuff on the side, can the administrators help me find the problem? Please, thank you. IloveJeice 01:42, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Can you please be more specific? I don't see anything wrong with it. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:11, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
Super Saiyan Confusions...
Alright so here's the thing: I can't recall where I heard this, but I believe I heard that the only reason Pan couldn't transform into a Super Saiyan because she was only a quarter Saiyan... Yet, Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. go Super Saiyan even at young ages. How does this happen? Vegeta and Goku Jr. would only be one sixteenth Saiyan provided the Saiyans mated with humans. Can someone help me understand this?
Sexy new main page
- Sure, I'll do that today. By the way, using the date like in a regular signature posting is very helpful for the readers. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:15, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
- To vote, simply click on the circle to the left of the option you like most. Then click the button at the button that says "Vote!" -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 21:28, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh sorry, okay. You just use four tildes ~~~~ to use the signature you have set up in your preferences plus the time/date of the post. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:56, September 2, 2012 (UTC)
About the name of 孫悟空
You know 孫悟空, Son Gokū . What does it really means? 孫 is like last name. 悟 is like middle name， 空 is like first name. 孫悟空 is a chinese name. It's really english name that is Monkey king. and more. 悟 means that understand your mind and know yourself. 空 means that nothing, but it include anything and everything. So the name of "Son Gokū" that is WRONG name, WRONG translation.
- There was indeed a global wikia update. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:19, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
Quote of the day
How exactly is the quote of the day picked and who is it picked by?
I just had an idea for a goku quote from episode 137 of Dragonball "Sometimes my brain doesn't know what my mouth is saying. Good thing my heart does. Will you marry me?"22.214.171.124 03:36, October 19, 2012 (UTC)WortWortWort117
- PrinceZarbon picks and posts the quote of the day, you can give him suggestions on his talk page. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 00:44, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
Girl Super Saiyan
Did you know that if that women can become Super Saiyans but they got to work harder than the other men Saiyans.—This unsigned comment was made by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
Quote of the day - Spelling.
- Ah, yes, there's numerous alternate spellings for that. I'll alter it for the featured archives per this request. - 01:15, December 19, 2012 (UTC)
How to create a custom signature?
Hello. i've noticed a lot of people (folks like PrinceZarbon and 10xKamehameha) have cool custom signatures with designs and everything on here. i would like to know how i can make one for myself. problem is that i don't know how and didn't understand the directions all that well. any help would be appreciated thanks! SSJ Sean x20 (talk) 17:40, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! Have you tried the tutorial linked at the top of my talk page? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:29, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Why does Recoome and other aliens throughout the series look like caucasion earthlings?---- Heche(SSJ)
- Aliens in the series look like all sorts of things. Evolutionarily speaking, humans are a shape that can survive, so it makes sense that some other aliens would evolve the same features. One could also speculate that they share an ancestor with humans and were somehow brought to another planet. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 04:41, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
- I suggest that you ask Nonoitall. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 18:11, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
What's that "retrieved from ..." at the very end of the page?"
if goku have the godlike feeling after he first turn ssj god. so after that when he turns in his normal state and then go super saiyan he put up a good fight. so if he go super saiyan 3 he will be able to defeat bills with ease right? —This unsigned comment was made by SuperSaiyan3 goku (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
- You should probably make a forum or blog. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:46, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
I have a couple of proposed changes to the arrangement of the Main Page. I think the "orbs" should be further down, closer to the "Navigation" section, expecially considering how similar they are. This allows for actual Wiki News to be higher. I also think the Power Poll should be higher, above the forum, since the top of the page also has a forum link under the "Community" tab. That's basically it. Shakuran13ThisendsNOW! 06:31, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Sounds fine to me. Whatever looks good and provides info. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:45, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
Needing some AssistanceI am currently in the process of determining which supporting characters will receive "orbs" and a spot on the main page. There is a possibility of 16 total characters, 8 in each row. I'd like to get the general consensus of the community to see what you all think. Thanks!
- There are currently 32 total characters. Are you trying to remove 16 to make it look neater? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 15:50, August 3, 2013 (UTC)
movie villans icon
20:02, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Agrees, because everyone already agreed Bills' not a villenan 20:06, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I vote for Broly because his power is maximum 23:35, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
I support Broly because he has the most movies. Garlic Junior having a saga about him is nice and all, but it's irrelevant to the movies. In fact, that actually seems like more of a detracting point because it makes him also an anime villain. Also, Broly is incredibly popular, possibly more than Cooler. One can't really argue about which movie villain is the most villainous, but Broly is no slouch in that regard either. Shakuran13ThisendsNOW! 23:48, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Broly having the most movies is a good point. Only 2 for Cooler and 1 for Garlic, but Broly has 3. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:26, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, Garlic Junior has 2 votes right now; myself and User:DalekSupreme13 both feel he's the primary as this discussion was already had here: Portals discussion. I disagree with popularity having any level of importance when it comes to deciphering which characters are featured as the source. We need to concentrate on the actual importance minus personal bias. - 02:58, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
Come to think of it, voting implies some level of personal bias as well. We should strive for a consensus with our full effort because resorting to that. I think that on the main page, popularity does play a role in our decision, since we want to get people to click, and they are probably more likely to click on something that they are more familiar with. So we have Broly who has the most films and is the most popular, Cooler who has performed the most genocides, and Garlic who gets the most screen time and dialogue but is not exclusively a "film" villain. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 04:44, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, since we have those three and can't decide on just one, I have an even better idea. See how the icons for the Ginyu Tokusentai, Shadow Dragons, and Red Ribbon Army are? All we have to do is make a single icon and have Broly, Cooler, and Garlic Junior all appear on that icon the same way and still call the icon "Film Villains". That would seem to work. Unless of course someone else feels that Lord Slug, Android 13, Bojack, Janemba, Hirudegarn, etc. should be on the icon. I feel the icon can incorporate Broly, Cooler, and Garlic Junior and that would be fine for all the primary audience in terms of satisfying popularity but staying true to actual importance as well. - 17:11, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- i agree with prince Zarbon we Should put all 3 of them (Broly,Cooler and Garlic Jr.) I am GokuBrolyVegeta.
17:16, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Here's a rough draft of how nice it would look in a trio image; of course, we'd need User:SSJGoku93 to do it as he made all the other ones currently up. - 17:20, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
17:25, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
Should be Cooler, not Meta Cooler (there's a difference). But seems nice enough17:28, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah all three of them such as Broly and Cooler and Garlic Jr should be there. They have the longest films and Garlic Jr has a saga. I say we go for three.Teengohanrocks (talk) 19:19, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
I realize this is just a rough draft, but I would like to suggest deleting the background for each of them, so that they look a little more uniform together. --Mr. Steal-Yo-Gurl (Talk) 19:34, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- As long as we can clearly see everyone's faces. Those orbs are kind of hard to see faces in as is. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:45, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, it appears everyone likes the idea of having a trio icon; I have been unable to contact User:SSJGoku93 of recent; 10X, can you maybe email him too to make sure he gets the message. - 03:44, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- If you guys could provide me with an image you'd like me to use, I'll make it tonight. Thanks!
The images provided did not exactly work with the orb format as well as I'd have liked. As such, I went with the image below. While it may be Cooler's final form, it fit well and looks nice. What do we think?
- They're all good choices in my opinion lol. PZ? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:01, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
I mean once the image was re-sized, it looked goofy. The image of Cooler you posted on my talk page looked skewed once re- sized, and the "tri" image didn't work at all haha :P
- I posted another one on your talk page; check this one out and see if you can resize it to your liking; I think it just needs some trimming on the edges to make it better for your round shape. - 17:17, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
Portals for "other" characters.
I would like to add two more rows for "supporting" characters of the series to the orbs. Examples include Bulma, Videl, Chi Chi, Mr. Satan etc. etc. If you guys would be so kind as to come up with a list for me and even provide some images I'll be one happy fella. Thanks!
- I think there are enough as is. We want the main page to be eye-catching snapshots, but not a list of all the characters. If we had a way to check, some orbs (Pilaf Gang, Yajirobe, Pan) already feature characters that are only of very minor interest. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:29, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I think it looks great as is; if there's too much then it might be too long to scroll through. I think we got most of the primary heroes and villains up there. If you were to include Bulma, Mr. Satan, etc. you can add another third section entitled "Other", this would make it easier for them, but I honestly feel that once we get this trio image done of the movie folk, it's pretty much perfect. - 17:20, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
Instead of the Dodoria/Zarbon portal having two separate links, shouldn't it just say Frieza's Elite? also the Majin Buu link needs to be changed to Kid Buu, as that is what the image displays.--Neffyarious (talk) 14:30, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- No, because Frieza's elite entails numerous others who aren't as consequential. It is imperative to maintain that they are separate characters and separately list Zarbon and Dodoria as such. And the Majin Buu area makes sense as it is supposed to be relevant to all "forms" of Majin Buu, albeit portraying Kid Buu's image. - 22:49, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
The DB Wiki FaceBook Page
Please click the link below if you're interested in a job adminstrating the wiki's FaceBook page.
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:SSJGoku93/A_job_offering_for_2_good_users_-_Access_to_the_DB_Wiki_Facebook_Page —This unsigned comment was made by SSJGoku93 (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
Sometimes, numbers are written out in words, like forty-five, or one thousand and twenty-five, but others might be written in the style of say, "The 3rd one came along" or "His power increased 1000 times over". I'm not sure if there is a rule, but since the wiki wants to have consistency (having the same name of a character on all their related pages, despite translation differences), I figure we should stick to one thing.14:53, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
The Manual of Style dictates that we use American English grammar. That means that yes there are rules, and yes we should correct pages to be consistent with them. For numbers less than 10, or if the sentence starts with a number, the whole word should be written out. For numbers 10 or greater, the number should be used. When there are combined instances of numbers greater than 10 and less than 10, the rule used for the first instance should be used for all instances in that sentence. Second is treated as a word, and 2nd is treated as a number.
Grammatically correct sentences:
- There were two Saiyans fighting. Number less than 10 rule.
- There were 10 aliens attacking the planet. Number 10 or greater rule.
- Twenty villains approached the man. Sentence starting with a number rule.
- The three friends went fishing on a fourteen day trip. Number less than 10 rule, first instance rule.
- Goku knew that he had 30 minutes to win, and initiated his 3rd assault on Frieza. Number greater than 10 rule, first instance rule, treat 3rd as a number.
Exceptions can be used if they are absolutely needed. If the number is huge and unwieldy like 234,234,654,678 then it should be written as a number no matter what. For amounts of money, the number should almost always be used, so $40 is better than forty dollars. If you come across a case where an exception is needed that conflicts with one of the grammatical rules, then be smart, and try and reword the sentence or break it up into two sentences that do not require exceptions.
Sentence requires an exception (number is very large and should never be written out in words):
- The seven Dragon Balls became inert for the next 236,221,563 years.
Smart rewrite that does not require an exception.
- The seven Dragon Balls became inert. They remained this ways for 236,221,563 years.
Quotes in Articles
Most of the quotes in articles are directly linked to the FUNI dub of the anime. However, the articles involve the manga and the anime. On Videl's page, it takes an exact quote from the FUNi dub about her developing romantic feelings for Gohan, and the quote is much more blunt in the manga english translation ("I'm going to ask you out"). So, I was wondering, should quotations be taken out of articles directly, and make them slightly more open and vague to make it easier for all kinds of viewers of Dragon Ball? I'm not honestly too bothered, but some articles contain a few quotations from characters, and others don't.23:20, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I do not think anyone is going to be confused by where the quote came from as long as we continue to put the source of the quote with its use. Whenever an episode is quoted, the name of the episode is at the bottom of the quote box. Viz manga quotes are perfectly acceptable too! The anime just seems to be a lot more popular for English fans, so that is what gets edited onto articles most often. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:53, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Just type in the path to the article that you want to create, and make an edit. The page will exist from then on and will be visible to others. If you give me the name of the article you would like to create, I can do it for you the first time to help you get started. Remember that articles should only be about official, licensed information of an encyclopedic nature. Vegeta = yes. Vegeta vs. Goku who would win = no. SS7 Ultra Vegeta = no. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 18:54, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, several times during Dragon Ball Z. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 19:08, August 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Zack, welcome to the site. When posting a new item of discussion on a talk page, please make sure to start a new topic. Also, always sign your posts, that way I know who to respond to. Yes, both Kami and Nail died with Piccolo in GT. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:45, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
I thought Ultimate Shenron died because with Piccolo death the black star ball cease.
- Right, Ultimate Shenron goes away with Piccolo and Kami's deaths. Smoke Shenron goes away, but it's unclear if he is "dead". Presumably, with more good wishes he might return. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 03:42, October 26, 2014 (UTC)
Bulma as a main page portal
Something that I have found strange about the portals on the main page is that Bulma is missing yet characters who appeared and did less like Yajirobe, Uub, Chiaotzu and honestly Android 18 are.
Bulma was literally the second main and important main character from the start, she was the one who started everything (and unwittingly help stop every villain ever by doing so). She built the Dragon Radar, She was crucial in defeating General Blue and the Invisible man and kept safe the dead fighter bodies in the King Piccolo saga. She gathered the Dragon Balls to resurrect Goku, she built the ships in both Freeza saga and GT. She had entire filler arcs devoted to her, she built the remote device and rebuilt Android 16. She gave birth to both Trunks and Bra & is the wife of Vegeta. She has appeared in more media then most of the main page characters and as the top 100 poll showed, is considered more relevant and popular then all the characters I mentioned in the first paragraph except Android 18.
- She's a main character, but not really a "hero" as that listing states. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:27, October 31, 2014 (UTC)
- He doesn't die: they merge, sort of like when Kami and Piccolo merge. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:49, November 4, 2014 (UTC)
Is Ninja Murasaki died?because in the filler episode with Dr. Flappe goku throws android 8's bomb away witch lands on his face. That close range explosion would have killed him! Zackgood (talk) 18:43, November 5, 2014 (UTC)
- It's unclear. One user claims "According to a special Jump, he resides in the world of the dead, so he is confirmed deceased.", but they did not provide a real source. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:15, November 6, 2014 (UTC)
- No, that's speculation. Please don't speculate in articles. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:51, November 18, 2014 (UTC)
Canon and non-canon
Since Disney revealed the new Star Wars canon, the Star Wars wiki opted for having two versions of most articles, a "Canon" one where only things from the movies and the recent TV shows are mentioned and "Legends" where all the other material is also mentioned.
I thought we could use a similar system for this site by diving things that were directly written by Toriyama (The manga, 2008 OVA, BoG, Revival of F, Jaco, etc.) and things that although may have involucrated him, weren't (GT, most movies, anime filler, etc.) I apologize if this isn't the right place for this, I'll move it if it's so. MatiuxFox (talk) 02:26, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
I find that the problem with this is that to me it is hard to so easily define what is and isn't canon.
You say that the manga and 2008 OVA are canon, but what about the Episode of Bardock, is that canon? It's written by Naho Ooishi who also did a manga based off the 2008 OVA. Also, the 2008 OVA wasn't written by Toriyama as far as I know but I could be wrong. Is the One Piece x Dragon Ball crossover canon because it was written by Toriyama? Isn't GT the series that was written specifically to be a continuation of the Dragon Ball story? Shouldn't that make it more canon? If Battle of Gods is a movie, wouldn't that make it non-canon? It's not like anyone official has come out and said anything about canonicity and Akira Toriyama certainly doesn't care; he barely even remembers the details of Dragon Ball.
I find it is much better to just present information and let people interpret the matter rather than come out with an official statement on it that is only created by us. 03:57, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
- >written by Toriyama
- >2008 OVA, BoG, Revival of F
He didn't write those, man. Also, I agree with Shak, the way it already is is best so people can think however they want.15:08, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
I appreciate your responses and understand why you decided not to follow this. I just wanted to point out that Toriyama DID write those things I mentioned and even this site states that. Please avoid spreading misinformation. MatiuxFox (talk) 04:51, December 20, 2014 (UTC)
- We try our best to state where info is coming from, if it does not originate from an obvious source (like anime episode pages listing anime info by default). On character articles, we try our best to differentiate; for example, if a character says something in the Funimation dub only, we write (Funimation dub only) after the comment. Please not that the position Star Wars is in is substantially different from ours. They face a complete rewrite of all content in their previously accepted "Expanded Universe", essentially now an alternate reality. While there are a few alternate realities in the Dragon Ball franchise, like Trunks' alternate timeline and "what-if?" video game scenarios, most of the original content including GT and the movies meshes fairly well with the original manga. For Trunks' reality, we do have separate articles, such as Future Goku. Of course it's not a perfect fit, but Stat Wars is going to have a rewrite of everything from major character deaths to swapped marriages and major species never having existed. The equivalent would be the release of a new Dragon Ball series, where Goku starts as a kid again, he's a robot, Krillin doesn't exist, and Bulma is Goku's daughter; then that series ran for 10 years and became more popular than the original series, which faded into obscurity. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:00, December 17, 2014 (UTC)
Revival of F?
Why ain't frieza on the deceased list frieza yes he is revived in Revival of F but is shown dead in Hell In gt fighting in super 17 arc with cell both dying again in age 790. The movie is going to take place after the Battle of the Gods which is before gt ovisouly and even though revived in the movie we see frieza dead still in gt. So frieza Is still DEAD! Zackgood (talk) 03:01, February 16, 2015 (UTC) Zackgood
- Here is why Frieza was taken of the deceased list because the movie Revival of F is made after the anime series as a whole has ended (which means that this movie may make GT have more plot holes then anything else) even though he is dead in GT is he brought back to life and until he dies in the movie he will not be put back on there.
- not to mention even though its confirmed hes dead the movie completly retcons frieza in gt now anyway, for one hell is much diffrent for him and his body is compelyl destroyed in a coccon the fact is HFIL was filler and never shown in manga,
- you can also consider each person that sins gets its own personal hell seperated from one another so the two doctors would have never meet or had power to escape as it seems once your in hell your powerless and unable to escape
Too many non-relevant details. Please do some trimming.
I think the wiki here could stand to trim dub-specific details that aren't relevant. The dubs all have a degree of adaptation to them, some heavier than others.
Example from http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/King_Furry
- In the 172nd episode of Dragon Ball Z, King Furry recites a Franklin D. Roosevelt quote: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
How is this cultural reference in the dub script relevant? I wouldn't even consider it trivia.
I'm not saying you need to change all mentions of "Hercule" back to "Mr. Satan" (that would be a different conversation), just more like some editors are a too eager to add whatever details they can discover.
For example: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/King_Piccolo has the same Percel story from Xenoverse in FOUR DIFFFERENT PLACES. Things are a mess here.
On a side note too: Pictures from the ancient low-res manga scans that was flipped to read left-to-right should be flipped back to normal. Those images look really bad but seeing the FX backwards makes it even worse.
- Read this then you will understand far as I am concerned no trimming needs to be done. The whole thing dealing with King Piccolo isn't a problem for at least three of the places because of the section they are in someone else who has been here longer and check and see if they think I am right or not.
- Way to ignore my other points. I don't care about your guys' dub name stockholm syndrome, but I am embarrassed for the amount of irrelevant details clogging up many many articles on here. Stuff like that should go on*http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_real_life_references if anywhere. That page by the way could use some separation of dub details from those that were in the original Japanese script.Blind51de (talk) 13:39, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- No it doesn't I swear how about this how about you edit other problems that are actually a problem like misspellings or broken links since you are wanting to fix this wiki so much because as of right now all you have done is try to say we need to change how we do stuff here which means you haven't been here long enough to see that your reasons for that go against what we have set up to go by. Plus if a character does the real life referencing it possibly needs to be mentioned on their page some where. You just don't understand how stuff is ran here.
Stockholm syndrome, "the psychological tendency of a hostage to bond with, identify with, or sympathize with his or her captor". Just wanted to throw that out there, no hostages editing the site that I know of. In any case, dub details are relevant because they are licensed Dragon Ball media and this is the Dragon Ball Wiki. It's not the Dragon Ball manga wiki, you can just read the manga if you want that. This wiki's goal is providing info on all media, and it is fundamentally against biased points of view like yours. Please don't take that as an insult, you are absolutely entitled to enjoy and/or ignore whatever you want. However, we cannot omit details of language dubs because they don't meet your personal standards/preferences. Read the parts you want to, ignore the parts you want to, and please understand that there are readers (the majority of readers actually) who have experienced Dragon Ball through an anime rather than a manga. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:38, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Dragon Ball Super
- We already have the page Dragon Ball Super, but I think we'll wait until we have the logo and more info to add it; though we really should add that to the News section. 02:24, May 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Not every character appears in every scene. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 03:15, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
- You're probably right, they seemed pretty evil. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 06:21, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
- yes not to mention king piccolo is on the hell list so im sure they there besides if they are in heaven why didn't any of the z fighters meet or mention them? (Spice boys (talk) 00:44, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
Please admin add interwiki link to lithuanian DB wiki. Just add: [[lt:Pagrindinis Wiki puslapis]] to the end of the page. Thanks —This unsigned comment was made by Pupicucek (talk • contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
I wanted to propose removing the character "icons" (for lack of the actual word) from the main page (the little circles with character images on them). They seem to just clutter the Main Page in my opinion.
- They look pretty nice to me. I would happily use that format on another Wikia I go to if I could. They don't look cluttered though, at least not on desktop. Are you a mobile editor? Ripto (talk) 16:45, June 2, 2015 (UTC)
I'm not a mobile editor, I just feel like the main page of a wiki shouldn't be too large, and that having links to every significant character halfway down the page when someone could just use the search bar is inefficient.
- I'm up for trying new things. We could remove some of the main page clutter and see how it feels for a month or two, then check back in. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 17:10, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
Latest News update
Latest news needs to be updated to include Dragon Ball Super, and update other points, as Resurrection F has been released in certain territories, and Xenoverse has been released globally.15:34, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
Favorite Character Poll
- Yeah, I'm working on the next one for our main page. Should be up in August. - 02:32, July 14, 2015 (UTC)
- I put up the new slider today. I moved it up on the main page so it's more visible to visitors. This may be the last one of the main four until I see a strongly active forum topic as feedback to create another slider. We've already got the "Brutal Scenes", "Best Fights", "Best Characters", and "Emotional Moments," so we're going to need more ideas for an upcoming active forum topic if I am going to be adding any more in the future. Additionally, we can switch these four around anytime at will after this one's been up for a while. - 03:41, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I'll add Resurrection F in the news. What's the "other stuff"? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:49, September 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, there is a news section... is there something you would like added or removed? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 03:32, September 20, 2015 (UTC)
- i like the new section.PatrickCunningham (talk) 07:54, October 22, 2015 (UTC)
- They look fine to me. Maybe your browser is having trouble today, or maybe Wikia was doing maintenance briefly. Let me know on my talk page if the problem persists. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:57, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
Will an admin update the power poll and change the question to "Who's your favorite Universe 6 warrior?" and add Hit, Cabba, Frost, Botamo , and Magetta. And in the series overview, please remove the "of" in Resurrection F and add DBS episodes. An lastly, remove "The Majin Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Kai continues to air in Japan" in the latest new section. That's all Meshack (talk) 19:33, April 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's been a while since the page was updated. I feel like we need someone to actively change it in a weekly/every other week sorta thing. -- • • 19:51, April 9, 2016 (UTC)
There have been a good amount of major characters in DBS so far that aren't in the Heroes and Villains section, despite it containing such notables as Raditz and the Machine Mutants. I think if it doesn't need an update yet, it definitely will by the end of the next arc. Just a DB fan trying his best (talk) 03:11, June 2, 2016 (UTC)
I thought the slider needed some updating, so I made this. Anything I should change? Not sure how I feel about it myself haha. -- • • 23:17, June 17, 2016 (UTC)
Pages from other languages
I suggest you guys add (to the mainpage) links to all the missing languages in which there are Dragon Ball Wikias. You can find below each and every language code to all DB Wikias there are. You're welcome.
Why STILL no Bulma in the hero Main Page bubbles?
This made sort of a sense when you were just including the Z fighters, but now that the wiki has merged the Dragon Ball Gang and Z fighters into one team and article, it makes no sense. Even the article that the Heroes links to even states:
"The team officially formed when Goku agreed to go with Bulma on her quest to find the Dragon Balls."
So why not add her now as well as Oolong and Puar. Are we really saying that isn't an important part of that team? Honestly, the only reason not is to is because of Saiyan pride.Gretnablue (talk) 22:36, September 27, 2016 (UTC)
- Those bubbles were made years ago by our (now retired) admin, SSJGoku93, so they're a bit outdated now anyway. I'm thinking of replacing them soon with more updated bubbles/something else, but I'd have to decide on a layout for those then get the approval of other admins and the community before doing that. Does anyone have any suggestions for the layout? -- • • 00:36, September 28, 2016 (UTC)
Alright guys, I'm thinking about implementing an affiliations tab on our main page. We already have a "Funimation Wikis" box at the bottom of the page, but as far as I know we can't edit that ourselves and many of the wikis on there are small, old, and inactive ones so it's pretty pointless to have them there. I've checked many of their pages and close to none of them use the box themselves, so we're not really benefiting from it at all. Creating an affiliations tab like the One Piece wiki's (already got them to affilate with us, by the way) allows us to pick the wikis we want to affiliate with, and it would mutually benefit both wikis. Thoughts? -- • • 20:34, October 8, 2016 (UTC)
- What is the benefit you are referring to? I don't see how links to other Wikis on the main page helps anyone. The Funimation box is nice because it tells readers who like DB about some similar shows. Making "alliances" with other Wikis seems shallow, and has the potential to pull us into policy agreements or feuds that we could otherwise avoid. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 00:07, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
Affiliating with other wikis puts a link to this wiki on their main page, giving us more traffic, and in some cases, more editors. The Funimation box only links to wikis about shows that have been dubbed by Funimation, so it contains many series that are vastly different from Dragon Ball. For example,this wiki, this wiki,or this wiki (there's many more examples, I'm trying not to cherry pick) have literally nothing in common with DB excluding the fact that they're anime shows. One of the benefits to having an self-managed affiliations box would be that we can affiliate with bigger shows that are more similar to Dragon Ball, such as Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, OPM, etc. I'm aware that a few of these shows are in our current Funi box, but they do not stand out at all in the jumble of blue links the box contains. Affiliations aren't exactly alliances, and I can't see how they'd pull us into policy agreements or feuds. They're quite easy to set up, all we do is put the logo and link of another wiki into our box and they put the DB logo and link into theirs. Sort of like what we've done with the fanon wiki, except in a box. -- • • 00:53, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm concerned we'll also be judged by the actions of those other Wikis. Some of them have policies set up that our community (and Wikia) strongly disagree with. We may get more editors, but will they necessarily be good editors? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 18:29, October 12, 2016 (UTC)
This wikia is a mess and needs a general cleanup. The mixture of canon and non canon content is not only annoying but confusing as hell. The One Piece wikia has formatting and that should be applied here in my opinion. 88movement (talk) 18:05, October 10, 2016 (UTC)
- I wouldn't call myself a One Piece expert (though I've read every chapter and seen every episode so far), but it is a different franchise and perhaps has an official canon. DB has no official canon, making your suggestion a bit absurd and also impossible. Check out my talk page; there's a link at the top to my explanation of the canon situation as it exists for the DB franchise. Read it over and reformulate your request if you have suggestions. If you respond with something like "everything Toriyama wrote is canon" I can't help you. It's much more complicated for us than other series. We have movies written by Toriyama, manga not written by Toriyama, anime written partially by him, and contradictory versions of the same events with equal amounts of his input. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 00:15, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not sure where your talk page is I can't find the link. However the only canon material is the DB manga and the Dragonball Super Anime. I do think using names for techniques from games is fine though and obviously certain side stories like Jaco the patrolman are canon to the main series. 88movement (talk) 07:25, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
Ok all you have to do is click here it says talk on his sig and it will take you to his talk page, or just click on his name and then click on talk once you get there. Now it sounds like to me your are one of these people who think anything that is not by the original author is not canon, well here is the problem with that you can think that all you want but just because you and some others think that doesn't mean that it is true, look at the Star Wars series their official canon before Disney got the rights was pretty much anything except Video Games, why because the OA or studio didn't say what was canon and what wasn't like this series, so until Akria Toryiama says that Dragon Ball GT is non-canon since all the DBZ movies (minus the last two) clearly happen in either an alternate reality or alternate timeline. Bottom line is we don't have anyone besides a voice actor who has said anything about the official canon and we can't take a voice actor's word as a reliable source as they have barely anything to do with the series.
- Movement, there is no official DB canon. Toriyama has never mentioned or set up an official canon for the series. -- • • 16:22, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Well Toriyama himself views GT as a side story you can see that from this interview: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-book-gt-toriyama-intro/ The manga is the original storyline and Super fills in the gaps. A quote from Toriyama: " The Artificial Human and Cell story arc was pretty rough… I guess you could say I did all I could with Freeza, so I was burned out, and figured I couldn’t pull off a better battle than that. I thought, “Do I really have to keep going?” Even when Cell ended, it still didn’t feel like it could end. So before the Boo story arc began, I said “Once this next thing wraps up, I want to end it no matter what.” Because I thought there was no way for any stronger guys to pop up, or for Goku to get any stronger than he already was. So my starting point for the Boo arc was, “This is the end, so I’m going to draw whatever I want!” I always liked dumb gags, so I made things comical, with the Great Saiyaman and Gotenks and whatnot. It wasn’t until immediately before the final chapter that I thought up the ending. I needed something that would signal this truly was the end, so I jumped forward ten years… But I didn’t count on the series continuing in anime form11, so I bet it was really rough on everyone over at the anime company. (laughs)". Source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-interview/.88movement (talk) 21:10, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
That is his opinion of GT he didn't say the words GT is non-canon what do you not understand about our stance on canon.
- the infamous canon debate returns... there's no offical canon. both Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Super are sequels to Dragon Balll Z Nikon23 21:25, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
88movement you do realize that the first two saga's of Super are just retelling the movies with some stuff added in, Also I think you need to go and read the rules.
The word "canon" has never meant that only material justified by the original manga fits into that category; that definition itself is not CANON to the English language. Just because you don't like GT does not make it non-canon. In storytelling, the word canon is a relative term, i.e "canon TO." Some things are only canon TO the manga, others are only canon TO the anime, and others are only canon TO a specific author. In the case of Dragon Ball, there is no such thing as "canon to Akira Toriyama's writings." You can give your analyses of as many quotes as you want, but he nor anyone producing Dragon Ball material has ever used the word canon before, nor do they actually care to maintain just a single continuity. When someone asks if GT is canon, they are referring to the anime. You can argue that the anime is baased on the manga so everything should be relative to that, but then some greasier fellow could argue that the manga is based on Journey to the West, etc. GT was a direct continuation from Z and canon to the anime by the definition of the word. Yes, it considered elements from films taking place in an alternate reality, but so did Z. GT has always been canon up to the release of Battle of Gods, which has clear plot points to confirm that the story is no longer continuing down a path that considers the events of GT. NOW, it is not canon. NOW, we need to clean up all pages to reflect that fact. So I've established the validity of GT before and after the release of Battle of Gods, and there is no argument, but somehow you people will have some, so go ahead. King Kid (talk) 09:10, October 21, 2016 (UTC)
- You make an interesting set of claims, but alas you need to understand what a wiki is. First, you make many claims about what canon means to you, but you provide no sources for your viewpoint, preventing us from believing your explanation holds any weight. Statements such as DB producers never establishing a canon are basically true, but the "canon to manga, anime, films, etc." is just one of many ways fans choose to organize the various stories in their mind. Most importantly as it pertains to your conclusion, you argue that GT is not canon because it contradicts the later Super series (which occurs before GT, is not finished, and has only a handful of elements that will contradict GT if not corrected before the series ends). If they do end up contradicting, you forgot to say why a later version of the media would supersede an earlier version (an arbitrary rule I have never heard of applied to the original manga vs. later media). While very confident, your short comment here is far from a definitive settlement of what canon might be to DB and how GT and Super interact. If you plan to continue using Wikis, I encourage you to be open to others' (where "you people" refers to everyone else in the world since this Wiki is publicly editable by anyone) opinions and allow for the possibility they may have something of value to add. Ending a claim on something so obviously controversial with "there is no argument" is rather closed-minded. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 17:10, October 21, 2016 (UTC)
Why are those bootleg Korean and Chinese films listed every at every possible chance. They are "illegal" productions that have nothing to do with the actual franchise. And somehow they're always grouped with Dragonball Evolution like they're in the same league. Just because nobody likes Evolution doesn't mean that it should be excluded from the official film lists. It is an official production made legally by those who had the franchise's film rights at the time. King Kid (talk) 08:49, October 21, 2016 (UTC)
Happy 2017, everyone! To kick off the new year, Dragon Ball Super, and the DBZK Buu saga's English releases, I figured our Main Page could use a few updates.
First off are the character portals. A little over four years ago, SSJGoku93 created the portals to allow people to find and look at important pages directly from the main page. Four years ago, these portals were helpful and contained many relevant characters. However, with the recent release of Super (and by extension, several new important characters), they're in desperate need of an overhaul. New characters such as Beerus, Whis, Hit, and Black will be added. This means that some portals will have to be removed in order to prevent the section from being too crowded. Currently, we have 32 character portals in place. I'd personally like to reduce this to somewhere around 24 boxes (four sections of 6), but a few more would be fine as well. As we all know, Dragon Ball has quite a large cast, so narrowing it down to such a low number isn't an easy task. Your opinions and suggestions on which characters to add or keep would be very appreciated.
As for the portals themselves, they will be changed to look like this.
The portals linking to the manga, episodes, sagas, films, and video games will also be slightly changed to line up better with the character portals.
The wiki news and updates section will also be updated to contain more relevant information, as will some other links around the page. I'm hoping to be able to restart the Featured Articles section which has been dead since 2010. The "Top 30 Emotional Moments" slideshow will be moved below the portals (hopefully we can make another slideshow in the near future as well).
The Main Page is one of the most important pages on the entire wiki, so the community's opinion here is greatly valued and appreciated. If you disagree or have any concerns with the changes suggested above, please don't hesitate to voice them. Thank you! -- • • 19:08, January 1, 2017 (UTC)
- I like the look of this and agree with inputting it. As for which character portals should be removed, since we're going Super centric we can remove all of the character portals that are not relevant to current Dragon Ball: Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Uub, Zarbon/Dodoria, Ginyu Force, Nappa/Raditz, Androids, King Piccolo, Red Ribbon Army, Tao, Machine Mutants, Baby, Shadow Dragons and Film Villains. --Neffyarious (talk) 04:23, January 2, 2017 (UTC)
- I don't mind the character portals being updated for style, but I strongly disagree with the removal of any of the portals; all the portals should be kept as DBZ is more representational of the most popular of the franchise as opposed to what's the newest thing such as Super. I feel we can add some new ones from Super but not remove any of the characters from DB or DBZ. - 18:41, January 4, 2017 (UTC)
That's good perspective. Sometimes we forget that Super is new and exciting for super-fans like us, but it's not even released in English yet! Except the movies of course. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 03:54, January 5, 2017 (UTC)
I do think it is better that we cut down on the character portals or at least not increase them. If we keep the DB/DBZ portals we could still avoid increasing the amount of portals by removing the secondary characters who were hardly relevant outside of their arc - those being Zarbon/Dodoria, Ginyu Force, Nappa/Raditz, Red Ribbon Army, Tao, and Machine Mutants in order to make space for the DBS characters. Also if we keep it, Broly should be the character representing Film Villains, since he's the most recurring/popular one.--Neffyarious (talk) 14:06, January 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Bulma also needs a portal, I'm surprised she wasn't given one initially given her prominence in the series since it's start.--Neffyarious (talk) 14:08, January 5, 2017 (UTC)
- I strongly disagree with Neffyarious on this matter. No characters, especially not Zarbon, Dodoria, The Ginyu Force, Nappa, Raditz, Red Ribbon, etc. should be removed because they are the only reason some fans such as myself even love this franchise. Each character holds prominence as a main character in each saga that they are in. Lets not cut down the character portals to primary characters who are the faces of DBZ alone. These are the strong building blocks that make the sagas stand out. This matter was discussed prior and a consensus held that characters not be removed that were added as they hold significant importance in each saga and that characters be added from newer installments but not removed from previous ones. I vote highly against the removal of the aforementioned characters and also refuse the addition of some newer ones such as Zamasu and Black Goku as they are not as representational as characters as of yet. They are only newly introduced people in the DB universe and even though I was neutral for these characters, I feel that their importance may be questioned. Also, I am strongly against the addition of Broly as the representation of the movie universe. There are many movie characters that are more important than Broly in the movie universe, namely Cooler. And lets not decipher this based on Broly appearing in 3 movies and Cooler in 2, but the fact that Cooler was actually in DBGT and numerous other Dragon Ball phenomena, even the games featuring unique cutscenes teamed with other villains. I strongly refuse the removal of any characters from the portals. But as for the addition of Broly as movie universe representational, this discussion was had: here and the consensus was that Broly not be the only representation of the movie universe and that Garlic Junior (his own saga) and Cooler had equal if not more significance as each received their own additional material. - 17:31, January
I strongly disagree with you on this one Prince Zarbon. You cant disagree with the addition of the newer characters Super has produced. I see your right with the older characters but im gonna have to listen to that old saying out with the old and in with the new. Cooler wasnt really in Gt he was shown in a picture but thats it. He didnt really do anything is what im saying. He is in Plan to eradicate the super saiyans. So that could count. Goku Black And Zamasue deffiently have earned there right into there respective portals. Characters such as Zarbon and Dordioa (even if they are your favorite) should be removed by now in order to make room for the newer ones. They never had a major thing to do in the series after there apparances. Frieza, cell and buu should stay. The lackys should go. Sorry mate. --Supremegogeta 18:20, January 5, 2017 (UTC)
- The character portals are supposed to serve as quick links to popular and relevant pages. If we look at our popular pages, the Dragon Ball Super characters are consistently collecting thousands of page views. People are clearly interested in characters such as Goku Black, Zamasu, and Hit, which is why I believe adding them is a good idea. I personally love the "building block" characters like Raditz and Zarbon, but keeping them all in would mean flooding the page with portals. An alternative would be adding few portals at the bottom linking to specific groups (The Red Ribbon Army, The Saiyans,The Frieza Force, etc.)
- The representative movie villain doesn't exactly matter; if we can't agree on one, we can just add multiple villians in one picture. It wouldn't look distorted anymore since we're not using the orb design. — • • 20:33, January 5, 2017 (UTC)
- I don't think keeping five extra portals to represent Zarbon/Dodoria, Nappa/Raditz, The Ginyu Force, Red Ribbon Army, etc. takes up room. And since you said that the portal design would be more slim it should be easier. I didn't say for us not to add newly introduced characters such as Zamasu or Goku Black from Super but not at the expense of removing classic villains. What I meant is that if we are to introduce others, we don't need to remove anyone as there would be no clutter from keeping five extra portals. I am strongly against the removal of the aforementioned. - 18:51, January 6, 2017 (UTC)
Perhaps keeping the new characters up top/first would keep everyone happy. Characters like Nappa, Red Ribbon Army, and The Ginyu Force either have lasting impacts on Super or remain relevant in popular culture. It's harder for me to defend Dodoria and Zarbon, Roshi, Uub, Tao, King Piccolo, and Yajirobe who are all pretty minor these days. Their articles can all easily be accessed by other means. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:42, January 6, 2017 (UTC)
Agreed. As long as we add the newer characters. Theres no point in keeping decades old characters over these freshly new created ones. Lets not forget super still has a way to go which means there will be more characters. After super is completley finished in both Japan and US itll be easier for us to decide who stays and who goes. I say we do a poll about it and tally up votes. (But thats after super is finished) Until than. Supremegogeta 23:48, January 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Polls are not a good way to get the best result. Popular things can be bad, and the best things may not be popular. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:55, January 6, 2017 (UTC)
I know what you mean. But still supers not even close to being done so theres going to be new characters on top of the ones we're getting ready to add. So what are we going to do when its finished? Like how are we going to choose who stays and who goes? Supremegogeta 00:04, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
- The same way we're doing now, discussion on this talk page. An admin will implement. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:49, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
- I am in strong disagreement with the removal of Frieza's top two elites from the main page as this is the only redeeming factor in regards to the main page by my perspective (two major players in the orchestration of the Frieza debacle as a whole and the series itself, the Saiyan genocide included and the elimination of the Bardock team and the eventual beatdown of Vegeta is more than noteworthy, playing a stronger role for the storyline itself than the whole Ginyu Tokusentai combined). Additionally, when it comes to appearances, they both made cameos in DB Super episode 19. And they have merchandise featured on the newest Super releases due to being iconic characters whereas people like Zamasu don't have anything merchandise-worthy and aren't top sellers or popular characters. Zarbon has 60 collectible figurine items. Zamasu, Champa, etc. have maybe one and possibly no more after that. Being new doesn't make something good. It will be old five years from now, but won't be as amazing as the Frieza Saga, just as Cell followed and so did GT. Frieza's elites are featured on cans, bottles, cards, bags, playmats, numerous other utensils and other merchandise and characters from Super are not. I feel the Dragon Ball franchise bleeds well into the marketing and merchandise angle and DBSuper has very little going for it compared to what has been established by DB and DBZ. As I said, removal is something I am very strongly against. I feel newer or "featured" characters can be implemented but not at the expense of removing the sinister villains who add color and charisma to the main page. I don't think keeping a mini icon to represent Zarbon and Dodoria is going to add clutter to the main page. If anything, it will only maintain a strong semblance of the reason why villain fans such as myself still love DBZ. If the removal of the remainder is plausible, then its negotiable, but not Zarbon and Dodoria as they contributed too heavily to the chronology of the Dragon Ball story in its primary focus, backstory, and left an impact on Vegeta via the fruits hanging off his hair in the episode of DBSuper even as a powerful reference. This is my two cents. - 12:54, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
Zamsue had more of an impact than zarbon and dordia ever could. If i were a new user to this site, id much rather see the newer characters who i have no idea about over the sameones who ive seen and read about over 5 million times. Again out with the old and in with the new. These old characters bring nothing to the series besides being being old characters. When it comes to merchandise of course Zarbon and Dordioa are going to have 60 colecitable items. They are damn near 30 years old. How old are supers characters? 1 or 2? There you have it. And all and all saying the frieza saga is the best is a matter of opinion. I am big on this movement of these new characters because people dont know that much about them like myself. id rather Supremegogeta 14:26, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
PrinceZarbon your being more than a little bit biased here, first you say that we should not remove any characters and then when it appears as though everyone but you is in agreement that most of them should be removed you say that it is actually negotiable, but that Zarbon and Dodoria are non-negotiable for being removed - that they are so important that we should feature them on the main page (despite them simply being two secondary lackeys of a major villain). I get that Zarbon and Dodoria are cool characters and are important to some people, but the thing is that that can be said of pretty much every character in the series, they are taking up space that could be better used for other characters. I hate to say it but I think even Broly deserves a spot on the front page more than them, as even though he is a terrible character he is one of the most notable in the series, so much so that he has been brought up in interviews in recent years about the new movies and Super despite having no relevance to them - and even gets stuck into video games that he has no business being in. Plus it's not like taking Zarbon and Dodoria off the front page is that bad for their exposure on the wiki, it won't hide their pages away, if someone clicks on Frieza's portal chances are they will eventually click on a link to Zarbon/Dodoria's page or search them up after seeing them on Frieza's page.--Neffyarious (talk) 14:40, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
Keeping old characters like Zarbon or Nappa is a good thing.I disagree that super should only be represented on the front page,just cause it's new.Also is Goku's picture really gonna be the one with the ugly Whis gi? Why not the far more iconic gi he wore throughout DBZ. ----Spy74
- I've added the new character boxes. All boxes have had their visuals changed. New portals are Bulma, Beerus, Whis, 17, Team Universe 6, Black, Zamasu, Merged Zamasu, Saiyans, and the Frieza Force. Raditz and Nappa are on the image for the Saiyans, Zarbon and Dodoria are the representatives for the Frieza Force, Gero alone is the rep for Androids, Omega Shenron is the rep for Shadow Dragons, and Cooler, Broly, Turles, and Janemba are all the representatives for Film Villians. Roshi, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Uub, the Pilaf Gang, and the Machine Mutants were all removed for now (though I'll gladly add them back if we decide to). Sorry if I jumped the gun and changed them too fast, but I had some extra time today to make all the images and I figured it would be a good idea to put them in before Super and Kai premiere tonight. — • • 23:15, January 7, 2017 (UTC)
Yeah,looks good.Good job----Spy74
- Very cool! It's nice to have some fresh main page content. I'll put up a new poll today : ) -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:21, January 8, 2017 (UTC)
Looks good, but should Roshi really be removed from the character portals? He definitely deserves a portal more than the likes of Mercenary Tao, especially since it looks like Roshi is going to be prominent in the new arc. Also, perhaps Frieza should be placed in the Super villains row of portals alongside the other modern villains.--Neffyarious (talk) 09:20, January 8, 2017 (UTC)
- I agree with Spy74, we never remove primary characters to insert new ones. Maybe 30 years from now, the new ones might hold some merit but that is yet to be seen. Many antagonists appeared in DBGT who held much less significance or impact so its not important what is newer. The setup on the new icons is great and looks fantastic and I have no objection except for the fact that Universe 6, Zamasu, Goku Black, etc. should be below the villains section. Additionally, why have two separate icons for Zamasu and Zamasu Fusion? Isn't one enough? We don't have separate icons for Gogeta, Vegito, etc. so why insert one for this instance. I believe Fusion Zamasu should be removed and Roshi replaced. - 16:49, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
I agree Zamasu should only have 1 but Roshi should stay because hes actually a regular fighter even more so than Yamacha. I also believe the villians should be above Universe 6 but under the heros of course. Supremegogeta 17:32, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
One icon is for the Present Zamasu that was killed by Beerus and the other is for the fusion of Future Zamasu and Goku Black so in a manner of speaking two totally different characters, but I think both Zamasu and Fusion Zamasu should be removed and one replaced with Future Zamasu and the other replaced with Master Roshi.
- It's not exactly a matter of space anymore, it's just that if I added Roshi, he'd have to be in a row of his own at the bottom which would look slightly awkward. I'm trying to find a nice way to add him in without it looking weird, because he is a pretty important character. Maybe I'll start a new row for him, Yajirobe, Fat Buu, and Cabba. — • • 22:22, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, it makes sense to maintain a proper alignment when it comes to the formatting and shifting the icons wouldn't look right. Yamcha, Roshi, Yajirobe, and Majin Buu all merit inclusion for a new row of heroes; Cabba is highly debatable. As for Zamasu, it would be best to keep one icon to represent either incarnation of the character, we don't need numerous ones for the same character albeit they may be different variations. - 01:52, January 10, 2017 (UTC)
Yamcha is already there in the second row. Cabba is indeed highly debatable; I'm only considering adding him because it would align better with the four villain portals under it. It's the same deal for Black/Zamasu/Fusion Zamasu, they're just there because the Super row wouldn't be centered without them. I could replace two of them with Hit and Frost, then alter the U6 portal so it includes Magetta/Botamo/Champa in the icon instead if you guys think that's a better idea. — • • 02:05, January 10, 2017 (UTC)
- Hit seems better than Fusion Zamasu. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:22, January 10, 2017 (UTC)
New Episode Countdown
Just a straight suggestion to add a countdown for episodes on the main page.
One Piece Wiki?
Earlier today, someone (poorly) altered the welcome image to say "Welcome to the One Piece Wiki" then replaced the image so it would appear on the main page. It's all good now, I've banned the user and protected the image. — • • 03:20, March 22, 2017 (UTC)
Need help finding title of certain Faulconer Track
I've been searching for this damn song for so long.. It's the track that plays RIGHT after Android 18 is absorbed and I believe when Majin Vegeta says "You'll fight with me, Kakarot." https://youtu.be/vXvDqi9MN9E It starts at about 1:08 in this video. Thanks in advance!
Newest Chapter and Episode
Is there a way to add the newest chapter and episode to the main page? Like how Bleach or Naruto wiki has it set up? Would make it much more convienient for those looking for them instead of having to browse their pages.J spencer93 (talk) 17:10, May 16, 2017 (UTC)
- I think that's a really good idea! Our main page in general needs a bit of a redesign, it's currently a little crowded. I'll make sure to add that once I start to roll out the changes. — • • 02:17, May 17, 2017 (UTC)
Main Page Redesign
As I mentioned before, I'm going to slowly start redesigning the main page in order to remove clutter and update some of the more dated content on the page. I'm starting off with the portals -- how's this? I'm still not sure what to place in the "TEST" section. It'll probably either be a link to the wiki rules or the series overview. Feedback is totally welcome and the images are easily changable if needed. — • • 02:57, May 21, 2017 (UTC)
- All I can see on mobile is some dark pictures of characters and a couple hard to read section titles. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 06:11, May 22, 2017 (UTC)
I use a proxy server for mobile browsing these days to avoid "mobile mode", maybe I'm unique haha. Anyway, looks very dark, how will we read black text on it? Multicolored backgrounds in general are not usually easy to read against because you can't maintain consistent contrast with any one color. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:59, May 22, 2017 (UTC)
- Are the images themselves appearing dark or is it just the text? The text *should* be white with a black outline. I could try adding a black background to the text itself so it's readability isn't impacted by the image behind it, but white text with black outline should be readable on all colors. Is the text black on your view? — • • 00:18, May 23, 2017 (UTC)
- So in Monobook, it is black text on the dark backgrounds and very hard to read. With Wikia skin, I see the white text with black outlines, which is readable but still pretty cluttered. When there's more text eveywhere, I think it will be difficult to maintain contrast and limit clutter enough to make reading the text as easy as it is now with a solid background. I'm all for cool designs and modern style, but easy digestion of the content shouldn't be compromised. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:49, May 25, 2017 (UTC)
Oh no, this wouldn't contain the whole page in it. It would simply have links to the manga, anime, video games, films, and a free spot (maybe for the wiki rules). This would replace the section below the slider that has links to the anime/manga, and it would replace the mess of images and links underneath the character links (manga, episodes, sagas, films/specials/ovas, video games). Those would all be removed and this template would be placed above the "Wiki News and Updates" section. — • • 19:11, May 25, 2017 (UTC)
- Gotchya. Please, design all you'd like. It would be nice to see a fully populated version in the sandbox prior to altering the main page itself. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:27, May 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Only part i think is a must have (i have not seen your work) is the most recent episode and chapter. lol I know i've said taht but navigating this is a pain.J spencer93 (talk) 03:47, June 1, 2017 (UTC)
New World God and I have been talking and we both believe that it would be beneficial for the Dragon Ball wiki and the Dragon Ball Universe wiki to become affiliated. What do you all think of this, do you agree that the two wikis should affiliate?--Neffyarious (talk) 07:02, June 2, 2017 (UTC)
- No. If there are any benefits for us (I doubt it), then you forgot to list them. Their Wiki is a subset of our info. It is pointless to send our users there. Also, "affiliations" are pointless constructs to make admins happy, but provide no benefits to the readers, who the Wiki is actually for. They clutter the Main Page, and set a bad precedent for more clutter, such as links to the countless other DB Wikis, most of which are older than the one you linked above. At least the Funimation and anime links point out some other anime that readers might like, but a link to another, smaller DB Wiki is completely redundant. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 05:12, June 3, 2017 (UTC)
The two wikis have had some hostility towards each other, if we were partnered there would be no more hostility and would open us up to better communication, allowing for a better Dragon Ball fan community overall. I don't see how having an affiliation with a smaller site as a problem either, after all we have a community link to the "Dragon Ball Encyclopedia", which is literally just a dead version of this site. If you just want raw advantages then there is the fact that they have translators who could help us out here too if we were a joint community.--Neffyarious (talk) 03:26, June 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Good point about DBE, let's get rid if the link to it. Now, you haven't made it clear exactly what you mean when you say "partner", "open communication", and "affiliation". Just what changes to this site are you proposing? The only benefit you've mentioned, translators there, already have editing privileges here so that is already possible. Please clearly state what changes to this site you are proposing and the benefits, then we can comment on whether it would be good or bad for us. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib.
What I mean by partner is simply to affiliate with them by placing their logo thing on the main page (under community links or affiliations or whatever) and they will do the same with us. This simple act links our wikis, and thus opens up communications. While true that their translators have editing privileges here they are busy with their wiki, but due to the better communications granted via affiliation we could ask them for translations or they could tell us about information that they found that we do not possess - thus improving our wiki.--Neffyarious (talk) 02:54, June 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Putting their logo on our Main Page has all the negative effects I've noted above, and has no impact at all on our ability to message them or their ability to message us. There are many downsides, and no benefits to this proposed link on our Main Page. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 03:11, June 5, 2017 (UTC)
- If they are editing here it should be because they want to improve the Wiki, not as a trade for us to advertise their Wiki on the same topic. Pooling resources would be great—if the goal is to make a great DB Wiki. The goal of two great, identical Wikis is absurd; why spend twice the effort to do everything twice? The result of adding a link to their site will be that 99% of our readers won't notice because they browse directly from Google to the article they're looking for, and a small percentage of readers will end up on a smaller, younger version of us. Any of their 22 active users looking to edit the articles that Google points to should join our 538 active users and edit here. Treating a Community 20 times smaller than us as an equal alternative is not fair to our dedicated editors who have spent 12 years getting this Wiki to where it is. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 21:34, June 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Hello, 10x here are my two cents, I can understand your position. However we aren't completely identical. We factually follow the product more faithful to the original source than your wiki. We source the series as accurately as the japanese sources. Where as you guys follow the FUNimation dub, which is fine. Here are the two fundamental differences; your wiki is dedicated from what I can see to the american and commercialized version in the US, where our wiki is dedicated to the original japanese source. Digimon wiki does the same thing where they are affiliated (if i'm not mistaken) with another wiki that follows the source. It's the main reason we exist to begin with. I can help with translating but what good would that do, if this wiki is an english-dub DB wiki? This is a position I've seen you express in the past. Again, the reason we exist to begin with is because your wiki doesn't provide that. It's not a personal attack. I'm not attempting to compete with DB wiki at all, I contribute here. The current direction of our wiki is to document the japanese series as accurately as we can to the original source. Two wikis with the same goal, but give different products. It is to give the community we both are part of "information" and the perspective of how the character's were conceptualized in their original source. It's not to under mind twelve years of the work of your contributors, it's simply to give readers of our community (dragon ball community) the perspective of the characters in this series in their original context, without the abridgment that american distributors give us. We would be willing to negotiate our rules and other policies to make this possible. We've even had some of your members use some of our conjecture names, so I guess imitation is the ultimate form of flattery. NewWorldDIO 22px 00:01, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Well you're lying about me, you clearly haven't read our Manual of Style or any articles, and you've admitted your site is biased, so this conversation is off to a rough start. This is the DB Wiki, an online encyclopedia dedicated to providing information on all officially licensed Dragon Ball media. We give preference to the original DB manga for all content it covers. However, that doesn't mean omitting everything else, since that would be the bias you've just expressed your site carries, and creating articles with bias is of course against the Wikia mission. All versions of characters names are provided, including Japanese, English, manga, anime, etc. Because our purpose is to provide info to readers quickly (Wiki means fast), and because our readers primarily experience DB via the English anime, we use English anime names for article titles. This is a superficial distinction since all the name versions are on each article and we use redirects in case readers prefer to navigate through the pages using their own favorite version of the character names. In the spirit of encyclopedic websites, I do not believe your accusation that a user of yours invented an unofficial name and a user here stole it, since you have not provided any such evidence. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 04:17, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
- For the record, the reason your founder gave for your Wiki existing was not that we ignore manga (we give preference to the original manga), but rather because we refused to exclude GT from articles. At the time he left (before he later came back), he was citing a quote from Toriyama suggesting SS2 and SS3 wouldn't be used by Goku in Super after Goku obtained SSB, which of course turned out to be false anyway. I'm sure your Wiki evolved since then though, so it hardly matters. I'm mildly entertained that your articles have GT info in them after all, albeit at a lower level of canon, since that's what we have been doing for years and that was the original point of contention which led to your site's creation. Perhaps reading our MoS and a few articles here would show you how similar our approaches are. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 04:45, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Saga vs Arc
- I second this. As far as I can tell, the term saga is exclusive to how Funimation split up the various arcs from the Japanese version. In Japan, there seems to be only 4 arcs, (Saiyan, Frieza/Namek, Cell/Android, and Majin). This is what we call the groups. The sagas are just what they did to split them up, so for example, the Raditz Saga and the Vegeta Saga are just parts of the overall Saiyan arc. Dont Be a Sad Panda (talk) 16:29, November 23, 2018 (UTC)
- For an official source, there's the Japanese websites for the Dragon Ball series. The original series is listed as having 6 arcs, called episodes (http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon/story/index.html). DBZ has the 4 arcs I mentioned (http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragonz/character/index.html). Lastly, DBGT has the 4 sagas/arcs we already list, though with different episode numbers (http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragongt/story/index.html). Dont Be a Sad Panda (talk) 20:51, November 30, 2018 (UTC)