This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the King Kai article.
For the sake of normalcy...
Shouldn't King Kai be well...North Kai? It was obvious when Goku met the other Kais that he wasn't the King he was made out to be, and he was even called North Kai by the others.--TheUltimate3 11:37, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- I think it's that way just because he's considered to be the local Kai. Since he oversees the entire northern quadrant of the galaxy (of which Earth is a part), local residents of the northern quadrant just refer to him as King Kai. In like manner, residents of the Eastern quadrant of the universe simply refer to Eastern Supreme Kai as Supreme Kai.
- In the real world, this could be likened to residents of the United States referring to the president of the United States as simply, "the president" or residents of England referring to the queen of England as "the queen". Anyway that's my take on it. I suppose ultimately it depends on what perspective in-universe articles are supposed to be written in. In any case, when a section in an article is referring to multiple Kais or Supreme Kais, I'd think it would be good to note that King Kai is also the North Kai, and Supreme Kai is also the Eastern Supreme Kai. -- nonoitall 00:34, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
Does the kaioken technique only go to 20x or can it go higher but was just never used? Or is it just unknown?
P.S. Anyone know why North Kai never taught any of the fighters on his planet the kaioken or spirit bomb?
That is strange does anyone know why? It makes no sense why he wouldn't but then I guess those characters were just not important anymore.
kaioken can probably be higher but afther goku became super saiyan he didn't need it any longer. and only goku was able to learn the spirit bomb and kaioken.Bardock. 19:02, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
It probably could go higher except Goku never needed to risk using a higher level after reaching the Super Saiyan levels. King Kai couldn't teach anyone else the Spirit Bomb. Only someone with a pure heart could learn and master it and no other student of King Kai had a pure heart. Oddly enough not even King Kai fully mastered it.--Voyagersknight 15:45, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
Nameks and Water
I know this is a little far fetched but I think that when King Kai says "You're going to need more than water" he was referring to Piccolo needing to fuse with Nail! I know it's a little crazy, but hey maybe he just figured that Piccolo would know of the Namek's fusion ability or something. I would edit it in myself, but I a. Have no source, and b. Have a history of trouble when editing Wiki pages (I screwed up the Videl page when trying to edit Bardock in as her Grandfather-in-law).
Shouldn't someone go through and add a list of the jokes given in various adaptations (or just the originals?) since they change in each translation and redo?
After Cell Games..
In Kai Episode 97, he was revived by Shen Long, while in the extra Episode (or 98), he was still dead.
Death from natural causes
I'm pretty sure that the Kai's can not die from natural causes, but the pages for all the 'lower' Kais (King Kai, West Kai, East Kai, South Kai and Grand Kai) are not added to the 'Cannot die from natural causes' category. Is it proven somewhere that they can die from natural causes, or should this category be added in? Ssj2gohan 08:22, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Shin-jin: "lifespan of the basic Shin-jin is roughly 75,000 years" 10:35, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
'King Kais original role in the Other world 'hierarchy.22.214.171.124 14:55, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
Was King Kai meant to be the supreme ruler of the universe up until the later sagas when the Grand and Supreme Kais were invented for the story? It's unlikely that the whole story all the way to the Buu saga was planned out beforehand so before the other Kais were introduced and it was shown that he only ruled the north part of the galaxy was King Kai meant to be God of the DB universe, even though he was weaker than Nappa?
126.96.36.199 14:55, February 11, 2013 (UTC)Me.
why wasn't king kai revived by dragon balls?
- Watch. the. anime. 02:15, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- i did and still don't know why (Spice boys (talk) 02:20, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- what don't you understand? He and Goku did not want to be revived Meshack (talk) 02:32, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- After Goku declined to be revived by the Dragon Balls, King Kai declined as well so he could help guide Goku around in Other World. Technically yes, he could of been revived and still guided Goku, but it was probably a morality thing. It would of been greedy of King Kai to be wished back to life, while Goku stayed dead. Ripto (talk) 10:01, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Because someone messed it up, lol. Ill fix it. 00:19, July 17, 2015 (UTC)