This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Future Trunks article.
Does this make sense?
From Future Trunks Timeline
- "Having grown up in an age of apocalyptic terror, Future Trunks had to go through intense training that made him stronger in the end than his alternate-self in the main Dragon Ball Z timeline, who grows up living in an age of peace, though the little Trunks seen in the main timeline is able to naturally transform and wield far greater power than Trunks had as a teenager whilst only 8 years old, enough to hit Full Power Super Saiyan Vegeta in the face, in the Buu arc."
Especially the bolded bit. I haven't watched GT, but if there's no proper explanation for that, I'm going to re-write it, because it's nonsensical. We don't know much about the boys' strength from the end of the series, but it seems hard to believe that they never even managed SS2 (which was almost old news by the time Buu came around), and I see no reason to assume that they did not just because we didn't see it. Iuvenes 00:27, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, according to the GT Perfect Files (and the Daizenshuu?), Present Trunks did not achieve SS2. You're right about that section you quoted being a bit confusing though, as it basically says that Future Trunks was stronger, then turns around and says that Present Trunks was stronger. It seems to me like any comparison of their final strengths would be speculation. We know that Present Trunks became a Super Saiyan younger than Future Trunks, but both received considerable training afterward. -- 06:44, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- Eh, that just doesn't make any sense...how can someone who was SS so young not ever be able to reach SS2? Another case for GT being badly-written fanfic. :) Iuvenes 07:10, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Sure it makes sense. And it's for the same reason that Gohan never reaches Super Saiyan 3, even though he reaches the level of Super Saiyan 2 earlier than Goku reaches the level of Super Saiyan. Not sure about the first part of this convo, about Trunks vs. Trunks though. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:38, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
If the fans would of agreed with Akira about making Gohan the main character then the things wouldn't have gotten so messed up. Seems like after Cell Saga, Akira just BSed his way to the end of the series, cause after Cell Saga, Gohan becomes a retard and nothing makes sense LOL. In my book DBZ ends at Cell Saga. Knoul 06:24, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Is it right to have the Briefs/Vegeta family of the present listed in Future Trunks' profile box as family members, as in canon, he has never met them or lived with them, and they are not from the same timeline?
Maybe he didn't know all of them, but he sure did mention Dr Brief. When he was talking about the satelite. Jono R 15:03, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
What happens to Buu in the alternate timeline?
I thought I'd read somewhere, (I could swear it was on this article...) That Toriyama had said that he had originally planned to end DBZ at the end of Cell Saga. But popularity stopped it. Jono R 15:02, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- The PSP game Another Road answers that question pretty well.Kibafool 19:06, November 17, 2009 (UTC)
Where did Future Trunks get his sword from?
In the movie Wrath of the Dragon Tapion gives Trunks his sword, in which features on Dragonball GT. But seeing as Tapion never appeared before the Androids attack in Future Trunks' timeline, How did Future Trunks exactly gain the sword that appears in Dragonball Z?
Super Sayian421 20:16, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- The sword is standard issue in Trunks' future. In one episode during the Androids Saga, while the group is flying Goku to Master Roshi's, Trunks tells Gohan about the future, and in the flashforward you see several others carrying the same swords as Trunks. Storm talk – projects 20:24, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm certain in Future Trunks time, Hoi came to Earth seeking the power of the dragon balls to open the music box. Sense the Z Fighters were killed, it was up to Trunks and Bulma to help him out. So they do, awakening Tapion and Hiudegarn from their ancient slumber. When Kid Trunks is given the choice to either kill Tapion or not with the sword is where the timelines differ, Kid Trunks refuses while Future Kid Trunks has no other choice. Knoul 10:27, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
in "Combating Cell"
"he had not mastered the Super Saiyan state to become Full Power Super Saiyan, an even stronger state than Ultra Super Saiyan and a prerequisite for attaining Super Saiyan 2." Since when has being FPSSJ been a prerequisite for Super Saiyan 2?! Vegeta has been shown to go SSJ2 without ever becoming a FPSSJ right? And surely that'd mean you can't go SSJ3 without it either and yet Gotenks does also never having been FPSSJ. But the main problem I have is with the flase claim that FPSSJ is stronger than USSJ. THey say in their articles that USSJ is stronger as FPSSJ is not a power up from SSJ in anyway at all, it's just the form with no negative effects at all. But as I am new here I didn't want to go changing that kind of stuff myself... Also I just am not sure how I'd rewrite it.
- I haven't read through that section of the article, but, from what you've said, the article is currently correct. Ultra Super Saiyan is indeed stronger than Super Saiyan, or Full Power Super Saiyan. However, stronger is being used as a very literal term, and simply means that it punches harder, throws more powerful energy, etc. Ultra SS also comes with a considerable loss in speed, which both Goku and Vegeta realized would be too detrimental too use in battle. -- .10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:45, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- 1) Vegeta and Trunks were already FPSSJ by the time of the Cell Games.
- 2) USSj is just a forcibly strengthened form of regular SSj and FPSSj, thanks to the mastery over the form, lets you attain the same kind of power. Ever seen a regular SSj modify his power level? Not really. A FPSSj can do that, and not only downward, but also upward. The mastery over SSj also means there won't be adverse effects such as ki consumption or muscle inflation
- 3) That would mean that a FPSSJ has access to much larger power than an unmastered SSJ of the same base power. Which is true, as seen by Goku powering up.
- 4) Also, a FPSSJ is much faster, able to fight longer and about as strong as an USSJ of the same Base powerlevel. Which means SSJ2 outclasses USSJ even harder, in every way. There's no "speed for power tradeoff" when comparing USSJ and SSJ2, SSJ2 is superior in every way, and the comparison in that regard should actually be made with FPSSJ. USSJ and FPSSJ are both aspects of the first stage of the Super Saiyan transformation - USSJ is a forcible increase in power output while FPSSJ is a complete mastery over the entire form, which allows such increases in power to no longer be forcible.
- 5) We have no explicit proof that FPSSJ is required to ascend to SSj2, but it just so happens that all characters who ascended to SSJ2 were already FPSSJ by that point. Gotenks too, as Super Saiyan came naturally to Gohan and Trunks.
- This is of course just conjecture by me, I'm in no way suggesting to put it in the articles. But it's perfectly logical and makes sense. Xfing (talk) 11:24, August 29, 2014 (UTC)
Why wont the picture i put up stay there? Every time i exit out the picture reverts back, the same goes with Cooler. Pleez write back
Because it doesn't solely focus on the character of the article. Your Cooler Picture is the Movie cover for Cooler's Revenge. Brolythelegend 22:43, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
future trunks & present trunks
after the cell defeat. did anying body told present trunks about what happen before he was born and when he was 1 year old about trunks future self at buu timeline when he was 8 year old. like trunks future self came two year before he was born and kill frieza & king cold and told his story about his timeline. then his future self came back to the past again in episode 116 in fight with the z fight. and then his future self save him at age 1 in episode 117. than train in 1 year time and fought cell and present trunk pull his future self hair in episode 152. and cell kill present trunks future self in episode 173 then came back to life by the wish and went back to his time. and the dbz movie 8 & 9 in broly & unbound bojack
Does it really need "from the future"? Gender Bender 02:07, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- It is the direct translation from the original Japanese. It has been fixed now with a translation template for explanation. Good catch. 02:11, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
For the all users of this wikia
PLEASE never CHANGE THE image that uploaded now for the article ok?
Think he needs the update. I know there probably isn't a lot of info about him going SSJ3 atm, but it still can't hurt
There's the scan from the magazine confirming his transformation in Dragonball Heroes MKCSTEALTH 21:56, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- The convention is to wait for the official release. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 21:58, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
No, if you look at the site, you can see that under the section "Cardlist", SSJ3 Future Trunks is the last card on page 3. PabloDePablo 23:50, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- What are you saying no to? Lol, that didn't really make sense. What site? If there's an official source, it hasn't been shown here yet. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 23:53, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
 Scroll down to the bottom, he is the last card on this page. PabloDePablo 23:56, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay cool, although you really can't forget to add sources on the article. I'll add it this time so you can see how our references work. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 00:26, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
Back to the future
Profile PictureHello! I would just like to ask if we could change the Trunks profile picture. I`ve come up with some suggestions that I think would be better than the original. -- 17:20, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, fan art isn't allowed, so that rules out some. Also, we prefer full body images. The only one left leaves out Trunks' iconic capsule jacket and sword, so I personally like the current one. -- 10X Ka.me.ha.me.ha ..... talk ..... contrib. 19:31, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
Problem in trivia
I noticed a problem in the trivia- the first point says his favorite food is some kind of fried meat that I forgot the name of, but later on in the list, it actually says his favorite food is convience store bento. We need to find sources, and correct this problem. User:PabloDePablo- That's me! *wink* 17:14, January 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I believe he said both, so the correction could just mention that he has mentioned both as his favorite (or others mentioned that both were his favorite). -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 06:54, July 15, 2012 (UTC)
Supposed Akira Toriyama interview
So in the article there's supposedly an interview with Toriyama where he says he didn't realize the manga was going to continue past the Cell arc, and that's why Trunks isn't in it again. Not only does this still need a citation (which makes it odd that it'd still be on the page considering it's a very vital piece of information from the author of the series), but the reasoning behind it makes no sense. "Uh, I didn't intend to continue the manga, so when I did continue it, I couldn't put Trunks in." Makes a lot of sense right there. Lol. This "interview" is also non-existent. There is no proof that Toriyama intended to end the manga after Cell was defeated.
- This proves exactly what you're trying to deny. He was going to stop the series in the Android Saga. Nobody liked it, so he brought out Cell. So obviously it was not going to have a Buu Saga. 01:37, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Erm, good sir, I don't think you're comprehending what I'm saying. Toriyama bringing in No.17 and No.18, and then finally Cell, does not in any way mean he was going to end the series there. How in the world did you interpret that from the article? It simply meant that No.19 and No.20 were going to the villains for that specific story arc. Nothing in the article, nor in anything Toriyama has publicly come out with, indicates that he was going to end the story after that, original androids or Cell or what-have-you.
- Not to mention that would still have no effect on whether Trunks appeared later on or not, as since AT is the author (and clearly couldn't have forgotten about a rather integral character because there were only just TWO WEEKS between Cell's end and Boo's start), he could have included Trunks if he wanted to; having plans to end the manga doesn't affect a character's inclusion. 126.96.36.199 06:30, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
Let's assume the interview is for real. The original poster still has a good point, that Toriyama's answer (or more likely the English translation) makes no sense whatsoever. However, even if Toriyama blurted out some weird answer that doesn't make sense to us, it's still somewhat relevant since he's the author. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:49, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
What the hell..
Where are the sources for half of the info on this wiki??? Where is the source for Trunks being 168cm before the time chamber?? If there is no source then remove that immediately. Don't you people know not to add speculation or opinions on this wiki? ItachiWasAHero (talk) 04:56, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
ASSJ in "Bojack Unbound"
This has confused me a bit. On the usage section of the Ascended Super Saiyan page, it says that both Vegeta and Future Trunks used ASSJ when battling Bojack and his minions just as they did in "Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan". That fact is present in the summary of F. Trunks' role in B:TLSS, but not in the summary of his part in "Bojack Unbound". I am thinking that this conflicting information may cause some confusion (and possibly conflict) amoung newer users and especially visitors new to the DB series in general. The same issue is present with Vegeta. The ASSJ page says Vegeta used that form to battle Bojack, but his page and the Bojack Unbound page states he was normal SSJ. Is it okay for me to correct these contradicitons to match up with the info on the ASSJ page?False Super Saiyan Jake (talk) 21:15, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I think, Vegeta and F. Trunks used ASS from the moment of its discovery to F. Trunks go back to the future, and Vegeta discovered SS2.Date 10:51, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
Dragon ball online
2 minor things wrong with the dragon ball online section, Actually it was the lord of time who warned trunks of miira's threat thats why trunks became part of time patrol. And future dende and future piccolo was apperently not there or even in the story, future trunks went back to the past (present timeline) and warned dende and piccolo at kami's look out.
Is time partol and future trunks the same character.
Question; is future trunks and time patrol trunks the same person? I ask because I figured future trunks future became non-existent after he defeated the androids 17, 18, and cell. If true does this mean future trunk is the trunks that the time god from dbo chose to be the time patroller?
- Future Trunks and Time Patrol Trunks are the same person, it was stated so in pre-release material for DBO.Neffyarious (talk) 03:57, September 6, 2014 (UTC)
Future Trunks is 175cm after training hyperbolic time chamber?
- ok, but where is this picture from? we need a source, y'know. 18:53, January 3, 2015 (UTC)
- not real. fan made Nikon23 22:23, January 3, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks, nikon.22:26, January 3, 2015 (UTC)
Death in Xenoverse
I think we shouldn't list the deaths in Xenoverse the game is full of what-ifs and we don't list those. For example, there's a what-if that Raditz kills Nappa and Vegeta launching his spaceship on them, and in Supersonic Warriors there's a what-if that Future Krillin doesn't die, but learns the Kaioken. There's another in which Future 17 and 18 kill Trunks and then use his time machine to go the the past, and there they kill everyone as well, etc etc.16:45, March 31, 2015 (UTC)
- But those are what-ifs. Xenoverse has it's own story which happens in the main timeline, time is changed, and then changed back to normal. It's not been said to be a what-if and it does not contradict anything, so they can be added as deaths.--Neffyarious (talk) 06:23, April 4, 2015 (UTC)
I think that if the deaths are reversed so that they never happened, we shouldn't put them in the infobox. Definitely in each of the character's article's section on the game appearance though. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 00:17, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
- I dont see why we can't put them in the infobox and label them as "Age *** (altered timeline; timeline fixed)". The characters were still shown dying, so it should be listed as a death even if it was undone.Neffyarious (talk) 06:07, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
I think it adds confusion for readers. The info is still in the article, we're not omitting or hiding it, it's just not a mainstream storyline. Even in it's own medium, the action is undone so that it never happens. Simpler is better for the infobox. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 06:16, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
What about the death of everyone on Earth in Resurrection F? That happens, and then Whis travels back in time so Goku can stop it from happening. Do we include those in the Infoboxes? It is mainstream story line in this case, and the characters are only saved because the timeline is changed.--Neffyarious (talk) 08:33, April 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Same thing, time is reversed and the deaths never happened. 16:24, April 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Only characters who were inside Whis' barrier were aware, like Bulma, Beerus and Goku. Vegeta and the regular citizen of Earth didn't realize time was reversed. It's the same case in both Xenoverse and FnF, the deaths "happened", but they changed history and they never happened. 00:07, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
Tyler the Great Warrior
Reffering to another wiki. and the other wiki reffer to this as the source.
I didnt see another source for that.
The reason for blue hair
I heard from an article that it's SsgSS...but that's unlikely. I mean I have a theory to why it's blue....because Bulma's hair is blue, kinda like how it was purple in the manga, so was Trunks' hair. Although it being purple would make sense, darker haired father.09:13, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
I've been wondering about it. I mean it's not like Bulma's hair has ever been consistent but his hair is just more conspicuous when they keep showing flashbacks of him with lavender hair in DBZ and then the stark contrast when he meets young Trunks in Super. While I don't think he's SS Blue, in particular because he's apparently unconscious in the next episode with the same hair, I can't shake the feeling that they're making him -look- SS Blue for... whatever reason. Phirrek (talk) 11:16, June 17, 2016 (UTC)
I disagree with using Trunk's Super concept art for his main infobox image. It's not consistant with the other character's infobox images, and it's just concept art so it's not extremely accurate anyway (compare the SSJB concept arts to the versions appearing in the series, they look pretty different). I think we should use the previous image from Z as it's consistant with other pages and it displays him the way most fans remember him. Thoughts? -- • • 02:35, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
- I agree.
- i agree also Nikon23 06:29, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
- recent episode retcons this, it's blue hair trunks nowTemplate:Infobox
How much would his power increase after all the time in peace?
After all this time, I wonder after defeating Future Cell, if he would train or he would just become lazy? Also, I am betting he will have to train and become a SSGSS to combat against Evil Goku. I have to say, I am pretty happy that Future Trunks has come back into the picture. It was a really smart and interesting idea to add him into the Dragon Ball Super series, and I am hoping that he will train and become significantly more powerful. TNTDiscoCisco (talk) 14:51, May 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Maybe he had to fight Buu on his own. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 01:10, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Highly unlikely since he's like 24...if Buu didn't come by then, then I highly doubt he'd appear. 16:09, May 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Half-breed saiyans don't have a tendency to fight like full-blooded saiyans. Majin Buu did not appear as in the preview he says earth was at peace after he killed cell. So probably he is still at the same level of power as he was in the cell arc and at best obtained SSJ2.Mielgrb10 (talk) 13:46, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
- He should at least be able to go Super Saiyan 2 since Goku and Vegeta achieved those states on their own. Future Trunks is no slacker growing up in an apocalypse, unlike the demi-saiyans who grew up in the peace period. If Buu showed up he probably achieved Super Saiyan 3, like in Victory Road, since that's the minimum power level to beat Buu, and the fact he's still alive means he won. Stryzzar (talk) 13:46, June 10, 2016 (UTC) 14:17, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
Keep the page quotes the same!
I propose we use quotes from the original/remastered FUNImation dub for character pages, not the quotes used from Kai. Kai quotes should only be used for episode pages of the source material.Rogeta234 (talk) 22:56, July 17, 2016 (UTC)
- I think we should use whichever best describes the character or demonstrates their personality, regardless of source. We're trying to inform readers with these quotes, not assert bias toward a certain media type. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 22:25, July 18, 2016 (UTC)
Relationship with Future Mai?
What would be the relationship between Future Mai and Future Trunks? Does Future Trunks actually love Future Mai, and does Mai reciprocate those same feelings? Dragon Ball never really focuses on those emotions, and never has those moments, even though there are times when it should. I mean, they focus on the father son relationship with Vegeta and Trunks with those tender moments, yet the same cannot be said at all with like Vegeta and Bulma, or Goku and Chi-Chi, or at least there are no like romantic moments so to speak. I think they should somewhat emphasize this possible love relationship with Future Mai and Future Trunks. TNTDiscoCisco (talk) 14:11, July 21, 2016 (UTC)
Ep. 54 Transformation
Future Trunks Ss2 vs Future Zamasu and Goku Black
Future Trunks' aura looked like the Super Saiyan 2 aura, and his hair resembles his SS2 form. Lightning shouldnt always be counted. Goku had SS1 hair, but SS2 aura and sparks. Mistakes happen.--Made up Character Wiki Admin Jack Jackson Page I ignore Things I do 12:39, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
thank you for using the talk page. Trunks' aura and hair don't change his aura is the same as against goku black you can only tell by lighting if you show that video of that fight to somone who doesn't know Trunks has Super Saiyan 2 they will think he is super saiyan 1 because hair and aura don't change there is only lightning if he was a super saiyan 2 when he powered up he would have had lighning like against goku.Tyman1102 (talk) 12:49, September 5, 2016 (UTC)Tyman1102
DBS has been confusing to whether the anime is canon or manga is canon ad usually its manga that is canon. In the manga Trunks is an SS2 when fughting Goku Black. SS2 aura is faster than SS1 aura. --Made up Character Wiki Admin Jack Jackson Page I ignore Things I do 12:55, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
manga is canon but there are diffrences in the manga and anime like super saiyan blue kaioken is anime exclusive its not in the manga. And aginst goku black Trunks' aura had lightning in the manga.Tyman1102 (talk) 13:02, September 5, 2016 (UTC)Tyman1102
- "Canon" is a fan term that is not really relevant to Dragon Ball. The fact is Toriyama wrote a plot outline that is being used by others to make a DBS anime and manga. Neither is more official than the other. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 02:41, September 7, 2016 (UTC)
After using Final Flash, Future Trunks says "...even after becoming a Super Saiyan and using my strongest move...", he says Super Saiyan, not Super Saiyan 2. This, along with the lack of sparks, means that he is not in Super Saiyan 2.--Neffyarious (talk) 04:06, September 7, 2016 (UTC)
Goku Black also referred to Goku's very obvious SS2 as being the power of a "Super Saiyan Goku" during their first fight. That happens. As some people have noted, Trunks exhibits SS2 hairstyle and aura, not to mention it wouldn't make sense for him to use only regular SS in such a confrontation. Most people and articles on this very wiki agree that he was SS2 during the fight. Why insist otherwise? User:Saris Khan
Trunks' military-inspired clothing
I think it's worth noting somewhere on the article that elements of Trunks' clothing are taken from various military uniforms. The jumper worn by Trunks in the latest DBS arc is highly reminiscent of British army issue wool jumper pullovers, particularly due to the patches on the shoulders and forearms. Additionally, the outfit worn by Xeno Trunks seems to be inspired by WWI/II military uniforms; the black trench coat seems to be inspired by those worn by German and Russian officers, whilst the lower half of his body looks like the fatigues worn by American and British soldiers during that time period, primarily the bandages and boots. The real question is where should this information be added? In appearance, trivia, or some other place I can't think of right now? Myself 123 23:48, September 21, 2016 (UTC)
- I actually noticed that too, surprised it wasn't already in the article. You put it in just fine, nice job! -- • • 00:45, October 1, 2016 (UTC)
This is just wondering about the name and power of the new form. It doesn't make sense to me. How is it that Future Trunks can attain an aura of the gods without any training? I would have expected him to attain super saiyan 3, but this, this is unexpected. So how does this work? Super Saiyan 2 Super Saiyan God? Would that be a good name? Or is it even part of the god transformations? I'm not really sure. Just wondering. TNTDiscoCisco (talk) 15:24, October 9, 2016 (UTC)
What about the form he uses after absorbing the power of the spirit bomb? We need a name for that, too. Given that it's powered by a Spirit Bomb, or something like it, I say we call it Spirit Saiyan. Joural (talk) 03:20, November 15, 2016 (UTC)
Ability to create spirit bomb?
Wait, so if Future Trunks unintentionally gathered the energy from everyone on the planet, does that mean he somehow gained the ability to perform a spirit bomb, or was that just another technique altogether, or even a variation of the spirit bomb? Somebody clear this up. TNTDiscoCisco (talk) 16:28, November 14, 2016 (UTC)
- You saw the same episode we did. I think you described it pretty well, so it's up to interpretation. It looked to me like he did indeed unintentionally create a Spirit Bomb, then he collected the energy, harnessed it into his sword, and Zamasu's body was unable to heal from the wounds the Spirit Bomb energy causes when it sliced him. However, I'm just another fan speculating and interpreting : ) Hopefully we'll get a guide or some other licensed publication to clear this up for us. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 06:08, November 15, 2016 (UTC)
Appearance section seems to have an error?
It says that his Capsule Corp logo is on the right sleeve, but every picture in the article shows it on his left arm. (Sorry if this post has editing errors or whatever I just made an account to try and correct this error.)
Future Trunks default imageFirst of all, Trunks debuted wearing his Capsule Corporation clothing and with a sword. The Saiyan armor he wore during the Cell Games saga was only for a short period of time. Even on Dragon Ball Super, Trunks is wearing his classic custom and not the Saiyan battle armor. I still don't know why certain users make a huge deal about it since this is very non controversial. Moreover, on the special History of Trunks, his character wears the same clothing or similar as the picture I'm trying to replace it with.
The current image is complete full body with nothing cut off by either the picture or Future Trunks' pose in the picture, whereas the one you want in the infobox isn't complete full body (which really doesn't matter as long as the subject is "appropriately presentable"). Now on to the MoS point of if it is possible that the article should have at least one picture where the subject is appropriately presentable both do that. Also we don't use the most common look for character's infoboxes look at Bulma's, her's is from her first appearance which was from Dragon Ball which isn't her common look. Goku's is of him from when he first arrived on Namek, so therefore the Infobox image is fine since it presents the subject appropriately.
I still believe my image represents and portrays Future Trunks better. So, are you a moderator? Or who gets to make the final decision?
- While I agree the new proposed image has the more iconic clothes and sword, the pose is weird. Is there a normal full body Trunks image in the iconic clothes with his sword? -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 04:20, August 30, 2017 (UTC)
- I agree. Trunks looks cool in his armor, but his original look with the sword is much more iconic and recognizable. Also, the manga image currently being used looks pretty bad. I prefer the image Beadtmdc is suggesting, along with this still from the manga. — • • 20:05, August 30, 2017 (UTC)
Ok are we really going to go with the most recognizable when Bulma and others don't use their most recognizable. If we are going to do that then Bulma and some others need their infobox images changed. I don't like the first image Beadtmdc suggested because well if you look at his edit summary when you changed it from what it was originally he said "This image shows Trunks' full body and the previous didn't" when it didn't entirely because the pose cut off some of his body, just like the second one he suggested (even though it cuts of less). He wants the infobox to be a full body picture but he wants it to be of Future Trunks in his most iconic and recognizable outfit, well I am about to burst bubbles now while almost every game Future Trunks has been in his default costume is what he debuted in he almost always has Saiyan Armor as an alternate costume which means it is also iconic and recognizable. Now I will admit that the manga image is bad but I didn't go through Future Trunks' gallery to look for a better one because I was doing other stuff also. Also Beadtmdc his clothes in Super are not the same the similarity they have to his DBZ clothes is his jacket has a capsule corp logo on the sleeve which isn't always on the same sleeve, I have seen some images where the logo in Super is on the left sleeve and some where the logo is on the right sleeve. The only other thing that could possible be similar if not the same is the sheath for his sword. Now their are full body images of Future Trunks in the outfit he debuted in but they are from Video Games and the MoS says "Subjects that appear in the Dragon Ball anime or manga series should not use video game screen captures as their primary images." so that rules using them out, but the MoS also says "If possible, each article should include at least one image that appropriately presents its subject." which all of the pictures on Future Trunks' article and in his gallery does, so I say if we are going to allow some articles to not have them in their most iconic and recognizable outfit/look then why have Future Trunks, we shouldn't.
- If you can find a high-quality, full-body image of Bulma in a more recognizable outfit (and a manga image to go along with it), then I'd be down with changing that as well. The fact that Trunks in his armor is an *alternate* costume in many games proves that it's not as recognizable as his original outfit. His Super outfit is also much more similar to his early Z outfit than the armor. — • • 01:56, August 31, 2017 (UTC)
Bulma's page not having her most iconic outfit does not change the fact that there is a F.Trunks image with his most iconic outfit available. Character infobox images are constantly being changed anyway when a better HD image becomes available, but there's no need to alter one that's fine with Trunks. --Stryzzar (talk) 02:16, August 31, 2017 (UTC)
- I seriously don't understand why the most iconic outfit has to be used anyways, since not everyone thinks of a character in a certain outfit the same as everyone else like with this new generation of Dragon Ball fans probably only see Future Trunks in either the outfit he wears for a short time that kinda looks like his DBZ debut outfit or the outfit he wears for the reast of his time in Super, instead of his DBZ outfits. So using the most iconic outfit to them would mean that we should one of his Super outfits instead of DBZ. Which means if we use Future Trunks' most iconic and recognizable outfit (to us when I think of Future Trunks I think of both his debut outfit and Saiyan armor) means we are being bias to the older generation of fans. I have been thinking that maybe we should change the infobox tabber to where we can put a picture from each saga if their are differences that way we all get what we want and the main image would still be the debut outfit. Also if we really want to get on the whole iconic and most recognizable outfit of Future Trunks' it would be his debut outfit without the sword and sheath, because he wore it more then his debut outfit. I am looking for the two images also Final the the original infobox tabber images where the ones that you removed, up until I added the tabber to Future Trunks' infobox the article only had one image.
I would say the images we currently have in the infobox are good if were only going with Z images. Though personally I think they should be updated to images from Super.--Neffyarious (talk) 09:32, August 31, 2017 (UTC)
- That's another thing I don't understand why some Z characters who appear in Super are using an image from Super when others aren't and before anyone says it doesn't matter it kinda does it keeps things consistent which is something we do prefer to do here from my experience.
I don't know who changed Bulma's default image, but I've gone through DB,DBZ,GT and Super (Ep 53) and I haven't been able to find a good image of Bulma with the exception of one. Even though She has Trunks on her arms and she doesn't look young nor old. I personally don't like it. Goku's default image is the same story. I haven't found an excellent image to replace it with, but the following, in my opinion, are a good candidates. Personally, I don't care, because Goku and Bulma are not my favorite characters.
Beadtmdc what do you think about what I suggested with the tabber? Actually what does everyone think about it? I personally like the idea because it can show how a character has changed throughout the series.
Yes, I think we definitely should split it. I mean, Trunks from SDBH is clearly not the same Trunks that appears in Super. @szopman, 05/25/18
Just went over Dragon Ball Super chapter 24 again
Future Shin unlocked Future Trunks abilties with the Ritual, that also as revealed in Super gives the healing power. Same 24hr ritual, it only took longer than 24hrs for Gohan because Gohan has near unlimited potential. So in Future Trunks page we should add the "Old Kai's Unlock Ability" to his Forms and Transformations section. FlatZone (talk) 21:31, February 21, 2019 (UTC)
Trunks: Xeno needs his own Wikia page
Trunks:Xeno really needs his own Wikia page..how come every single Xenoverse Time Patrol variaton of the other Dragon Ball characters have their own Wikia pages meanwhile Trunks:Xeno which is the most important character of the Time Patrol does not have his own page but is just in a section on the Future Trunks page? He should get his own page because he is basically the secondary protagonist of Xenoverse after the Future Warrior and the most important member of the Time Patrol. Elfezen (talk) 15:35, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Trunks (Xeno) is a different from Future Trunks (dbs). Trunks (Xeno) has the same past as Future Trunks only up to the saga of the androids. Even in games now they are two separate characters. I think we need to separate the two pages.--Sharingan91 (talk) 12:41, April 6, 2019 (UTC)
Also with him having so much of his own develope history as well. Just like present trunks have his own page, xeno trunks should too as well because he is seperate from future trunks. --Ankhael (talk) 13:13, April 6, 2019 (UTC)
Future Trunks went back to his own timeline and killed Androids 17 and 18, and then Imperfect Cell, then it splits off into Xeno Trunks who got taken by Chronoa and DBS Future Trunks, so they are indeed two different people needing different pages. FlatZone (talk) 13:32, April 6, 2019 (UTC)
I suppose that a disambiguation page could be made for all the trunks' to separate which carnation of them made their appearances where. Plus this article could end up being real cluttered, so it would help to have this article focus on the appearances of the original Future Trunks who went through the original manga, then went back to his time to destroy Future 17, 18 and Cell then experiences Db Super but also never joined the Time Patrol as well and that carntation's appearances in the movies and video games as well.
- For example in Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, they are two separate characters.--Sharingan91 (talk) 15:52, April 6, 2019 (UTC)
That's because Trunks has numerous variants in the game, so by that logic Trunks (History of Trunks), Trunks (DBZ) and Trunks (DBS) are all separate characters. Xeno Goku has for example been explicitly shown and referred to as being a separate entity from Goku, if you can find a source that shows that F. Trunks and X. Trunks are separate entities, then they can be split. --Neffyarious (talk) 20:44, April 6, 2019 (UTC)
- Techniques, Forms, Fusions, and Equipment are all merged as one section under Abilities. Its like that for almost every character page if they have a huge moveset. DragonEmeperor (talk) 03:30, March 8, 2019 (UTC)
In the first chapter of DDRM it is said that Xeno Goku is the strongest warrior from Xeno Trunks' memory, meaning that Xeno Trunks from DBH visited the Xeno dimension rather than the main timeline when he went on his time-travels (though at that time they would be near-identical), so DBH Xeno Trunks should probably be split from Future Trunks. --Neffyarious (talk) 19:00, June 1, 2019 (UTC)
Of course Xeno Trunks is different, after he went back and killed Cell and 17 and 18 he was snatched by Chronoa making him a different Future Trunks than the actual Future Trunks. I agree that the pages should be split. FlatZone (talk) 19:17, June 1, 2019 (UTC)
removing Trunks Xeno techs and transformations from this page
The Xeno Trunks page is only for DBH Xeno Trunks since that's the only time he's been referred to as seperate from Future Trunks: DBO states that the Time Patrol Trunks is the same Future Trunks from the Cell arc. --Neffyarious (talk) 22:38, August 22, 2019 (UTC)
Of course he is, he was taken by Chronoa after he went back to his time and killed the Androids and Cell and then right before he came back to tell everyone he did it Chronoa took him, and that was it. He is not the same Future Trunks as the one from the Dragon Ball Super. The actual Xeno Trunks is seperate from Future Trunks, he wears a dark coat and is Part of the Time Patrol. So there is literally no reason to keep Xeno Trunks info and techs on this page. FlatZone (talk) 22:15, August 23, 2019 (UTC)
- I agree if we are going to have a separate Xeno Trunks page like we do, best to keep all the Xeno info there and not split it up. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 13:22, August 25, 2019 (UTC)
Wow. Just wow. This isn't aimed at you 10x btw. @Nef Also DBO ended, got shut down and retconned, it no longer holds any validity as Heroes took over and Xenoverse series helped some. You also completely missed my entire comment apparently. FlatZone (talk) 16:58, August 26, 2019 (UTC)
I'll remind you that discussion occurs on the talk page so that a decision can be made, and you don't just change it after 3 days when discussions have not yet finished.
Your statement on DBO does not line up with our Manual of Style, according to it DBO is of equal ranking to DBXV and DBH. Perhaps you have an official source saying it was retconned?
DBO says the FTrunks in it is the same as the one who appeared in the Cell arc story, and DBXV features Time Patrol Trunks as being the main Future Trunks (with him starting to disappear at one point due to FTrunks' history being altered). DBH XTrunks only got moved because he visited XGoku's history rather than Goku's.
So what your suggesting would mean, if we are to move all Time Patrol Trunks info to XTrunks' page, then that would mean we must we move all of the XV character's info to their Xeno counterpart page right? All appearances of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan etc. in Xenoverse would go to the Xeno pages? --Neffyarious (talk) 19:40, August 26, 2019 (UTC)
Actually yes, because Xenoverse is loosely related to Heroes, Time Patrol Trunks IS Xeno Trunks, but like I told you before between each media they have different feats and events. So Time Patrol Trunks from Xenoverse series can be added to the Xeno Trunks page, as they are more close to being the same than than if they are kept on the Future Trunks page. As DBS Future Trunks is the actual main series Future Trunks who not only fight cell and killed the android and his futures cell, but killed Dabura and Babidi, fought Goku Black and Zamasu etc while Time Patrol Trunk aka Xeno Trunks did not as he was taken away after he killed the androids and cell in his timeline. He is yet another different Trunks. So all Time Patrol Trunks info and techs and what not should be relocated to Xeno Trunks page with notes that some of these events and skills were Xenoverse Series only. FlatZone (talk) 19:55, August 26, 2019 (UTC)
All instances of Future Trunks in XV are Time Patrol Trunks (due to the whole disappearing thing), so we would have to merge every XV character into their Xeno page. That is a huge change and we'll need a lot more people to discuss it before it could go through. --Neffyarious (talk) 20:30, August 26, 2019 (UTC)