This article seems to be unnecessary as there are articles about all of the specific potential unlocking abilities seen in the series. --==> DragonBall.Z GT Goku Talk Contributions. 00:03, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
in Budokai 3, in Story of Goku, this will also unlock the potential in namek stage.
Goku being merged with his Oozaru power
Which is speculation alone. It was not stated in the databooks, nor the manga. Powerlevels were relevant all the way until Goku fought Frieza as a Super Saiyan. In fact Goku was given 180 and 260 as his before and after power levels concerning the ultra divine water. EmeperorDragon keeps adding speculation to articles. QuakingStar (talk) 21:19, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
- So, this page has been cited as evidence for the merging of the forms. I thought that was inconclusive, so I went and read the applicable chapters (151-161). Having read the chapters, I think the reference is a stretch.
- Yes, we get a shot of the Great Ape form as Goku undergoes the water's effects. But I think it's important to remember that the Great Ape allusion appears later during Goku's final, desperate (and ultimately successful) final punch against King Piccolo.
- To me, the more natural reading is that Goku can tap into that power, not that it's now his baseline; saying that it "[gave] him access to all of his power as a Great Ape in his base form" is a bit of a stretch. And the line that it "effectively permanently merg[ed] the two forms" just feels entirely speculative; how can it be said, conclusively, that the Great Ape form is now useless?
- I think these claims should be struck and replaced with more neutral, matter-of-fact descriptions instead. — Charchetype (talk) 06:26, April 18, 2018 (UTC)
- I agree with Charchetype. This seems less like a Saiyan Beyond God situation and more like an Ultra Instinct situation, in the sense that Goku can only tap into that power when under duress, as opposed to having that power all the time.