This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dr. Gero article.
Gero was never the leader
This is just something that the dub made up. The leader was always Commander Red.
Majin42 00:30, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- That still doesn't explain why the whole flashback of the RRA in "Goku's Double Trouble" is played up to be Dr. Gero as the true leader of the Red Ribbon Army (Like mentioning that he is the "Brains" of the organization when saying that Tao Pai Pai was the "Heart", for example.)
Yes it does. The dub made up their own thing that doesn't correspond to what Toriyama actually wrote. Tao Pai Pai being the "heart" while Gero was the "brains" was something Funimation came up with, not Toriyama or Toei. If you check the Japanese version of that scene you'll find that there's no mention of any of that.
Majin42 01:27, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- That's correct. There was very little dialog in the Japanese anime as the flashback to the RRA was being shown. All Roshi explained was that Goku had fought the RRA, and that they thought the whole RRA had been killed, but one person survived. The brains and heart thing is unique to the English anime. As such I see no reason why the implication can't be noted, but its context should be made clear. --
09:28, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- So, would that make Staff Officer Black the courage and Commander Red the man behind the curtain? 220.127.116.11 14:13, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Gero has Many Similarities to Nazi and hitler (Like Most of the RRA) as it has been seen when impaling Yamcha, it as on many youtube videos refrence, looks like the Nazi Salute --Silver Sinspawn 22:57, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Who has the acticle?
Dr. Gero's page was replaced by sports listing dukeplatypus 01:19, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- The wiki retains a record of every revision of every article. One only needs to revert vandalism in the article's history when it occurs (and this has been done now). -- 08:07, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
I think hes as strong as 100% Frieza
Dr. Maki Gero?
Does anybody know about this name? I was on Villains Wiki another wiki I edit and Dr. Gero's page on that is called Dr. Maki Gero. Magma Dragoon, a user over there says that Dr. Maki Gero was used in a version that was not the english version. Since that name is nowhere mentioned on this wiki i'm wondering if it is a true name. Does anybody know? - Slayer25769 17:53, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
When Dr. Gero first appears in the anime as an android one of the first things he does is punch a car. But he punches it with his right fist, however when we see him a few seconds later he is holding the car's engine in his left hand.
Any reasons why Androids 1 to 7 aren't included in Dr. Gero's family in the info box? - User:Kill You/sig 21:33, April 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Those Androids were only mentioned in the Daizenshuus, Androids before 8 were never referenced in the manga. They have never been seen in any DB media, have only existed for a very short period of time and, only if some have been operational one day, have appearantly done nothing special during their lifetime. Jeangabin666 21:53, April 20, 2011 (UTC)
GInyu Level ?
are you guys retarded or something. Can you see ginyu force members taking hit from a SSJ without dying easily,or freiza for that matter ?
- They said between Ginyu and Freiza 100%. Frieza, in fact, does take quite a bit of a beating from a newly realized SS1 (like Vegeta during the android saga). So this is an accurate measure. The section even states "Though this is a relatively wide margin".
GInyu Level ?
Right because a SSJ goku/Vegeta who was wway stronger than SSJ trunks after 3 years of training, (who killed mech freiza with one blow, and ki blast king cold),would obviously only put a dent in an adroid 19/20 who as you guys quote is between ginyu force level and 100% freiza right ?
- Yep that's right. JanembaFreak97 06:24, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
Dragon Ball Z Kai Death of Gero
In the trivia section, it says that in Dragon Ball Z Kai, Gero's impalement was omitted. This is untrue because this is an edit only in the Nicktoons version and (although unaired, extremely likely) the Toonzai version. In the true and uncut version of Dragon Ball Z Kai featured on the DVD has his entire death scene visually unchanged from Dragon Ball Z
Why does Gr.Gero have a vendetta agianest Goku?
01:44, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
This is my 1st posting just to say so I apologize if there's any problems in reading this or seomthing to thast effect.Something I've been kind of thinking about is why does Gero desire revenge on Goku?.For getting rid of his main employer?.For supposedly ruining Android 8?.I mean did'nt he find out somehow that the REAL reason that the Red ribbon army was even created was so that Commander Red could make a wish to be taller?.Or is there some cliche mad scientist megalomania that Gero has as well?.Also,dang what were those androids made out of and how do they work for them to take on SS1's with a fair amount of ease?.
Piloting 01:44, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
- At the top of the page, it says:
- This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dr. Gero article.
This is not a forum for general discussion about the article's subject.
- This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dr. Gero article.
- You may want to start a blog or forum to see what others think. Just a friendly advice. - 18.104.22.168 01:51, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
Does anybody know from where Bulma has known Dr. Gero? When she is flying in her jet with baby Trunks and Yajirobe in the beginning of Androids' saga, she recognize him immediately (i'm watching Kai). When someone answers me, please notice me by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
22.214.171.124 01:46, December 1, 2011 (UTC)tiagoids
- If you had watch the series, you'd know that she says she knows him because her father has scientific magazines about him. Jeangabin666 09:15, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
I personally think this infobox image is better.
It shows more of his body, he is in an upright position, and he has his hat on. This appearence is what most people remember about him. If anyone agrees or disagrees, just say. Thanks. Super Saiyan GoateeSend me a message! 19:27, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't mean to be contradictory, but the current one shows more of his body actually. They both start at his head and contain him horizontally, but the current one goes farther down his body so that you can see his red, um... is that a cummerbund? Aside from that, you also get to see the inner workings of his brain transfer device, which is a pretty big plot point (that he switched to an android body I mean). -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 20:40, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Nah, I was kinda wrong, I guess I just don't like the posistion he is in. I prefer the infoboxes with the characters just standing straight up, like Cell's or Vegeta (I know Vegeta is at a slight angle, but I don't mind that.) Lol, I don't mind if people don't like the idea, I guess it's just my personal preference that I think he should be in appearance with his hat. Thanks for your opinion. Super Saiyan GoateeSend me a message! 20:44, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
Is history section wasteful?
The "History" section of Gero's page lists events we actually saw within the series, and events listed in his biography, such as his death and battle with the Z Fighters, like Piccolo. Half of it should really be removed.21:20, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
I'm removing the Supersonic Warriors tag because the game's story mode is in several different universes. For example, in Gotenks's story mode, after using Vice Shout to flee from the Time Chamber, he ends up in the past and fights Frieza and Cell. In Piccolo's story mode he fuses with King Piccolo, then uses Mafuba on Super Buu to seal him in a bottle and stored him in the Time Chamber. Then, this other Gotenks comes from his world and accidentally release Super Buu, so he helps the Piccolo from this other world to defeat him.20:31, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
Apparently we're not sure whether or not someone losing eyebrows is relevant to appearance. I think it is quite obvious that losing eyebrows is part of the appearance. It's notable for the SS3 transformation, so it seems equally notable for the Android transformation from human. -- 10X.Ka.me.ha.me.ha.....talk.....contrib. 00:42, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh that? I just thought someone was randomly adding that. Hold on, I'll set it up better. — A (t • c) 00:47, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
- Actually Dr. Gero's body is robotic, only his brain is organic (19 transplanted it). This is Gero in his organic body. 01:06, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Exactly, he could look like anything but chose to make the same ugly mug. 17:05, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
Should these images switch places?
I feel as if they should. Since the picture on the profile is usually a full body image, I think it would look better. In case you're wondering, I'm talking about these images.