- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Power
- 5 Techniques and Special Abilities
- 6 Forms
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Video Game Appearances
- 9 Voice Actors
- 10 Battles
- 11 List of characters killed by Shroom
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 Site Navigation
Shroom resembles a teenage demon with light purple skin, red eyes and shadow trim, and yellow sclera. His spiky silver hair is held up by a maroon bandana covering his forehead, save for a single bang protruding outward. His ears, adorned with blue Potara earrings, are rounded as opposed to pointed, a contrast those of other demons. Shroom wears a black caped vest with yellow spikes, black pants and boots and a maroon sash. He also wears golden arm bracelets featuring red Potara, and wields a black scythe as his weapon of choice.
Shroom holds the title of Grim Reaper, and is said to be even more unhinged than his fellow Demon Gods, perfectly content with taking the life of one of his own henchmen just to strike a blow on an opponent, as well as regarding certain concepts such as friendship to be rubbish. He is not fond of teleportation, and calls Gravy "old man". He also shows a stronger level of loyalty towards Mechikabura than the other Demon Gods, choosing to side with him alongside Salsa when the Dark Empire factions split. However, upon surviving the ordeal, his attitude towards Mechikabura has completely shifted, and the only reason he wants to revive him is to crush Mechikabura for using him for his own gain, putting him at odds with Salsa (whose loyalty to Mechikabura never wavered).
After his Demon God powers disappeared, Shroom appears to be taking himself more seriously, as he is willing to help Goku and his allies take down the Crimson-Masked Saiyan.
Dragon Ball Heroes
Dark Empire Saga
Main article: Dark Empire Saga In the manga, in a version of Age 774, Towa who has appeared in Hell along with the Grim Reaper Shroom to retrieve the Five-Star Dark Dragon Ball from Xeno Janemba, easily defeats that timelines Goku.
Shroom calls upon a Reaper Soldier who appears from a portal in the ground and attacks Janemba. When Janemba attempts to retaliate with a kick, the soldier grabs a hold of his leg. Shroom then uses his Scythe to cut through the two of them in one swipe. Janemba however rematerializes gaining more power than before due to the Dark Dragon Ball.
This time, Shroom goes in for the attack personally and while at first Janemba is able to put up a decent fight he is ultimately cut in half again and the Dark Dragon Ball falls to the ground.
However, before Towa can retrieve the ball, Xeno Goku, Xeno Vegeta and Chamel show up in front of them. Chamel vows to destroy Towa and Shroom with Towa commenting that Chamel had betrayed them after all. Chamel tells Goku and Vegeta to attack Shroom while he deals with Towa and they all begin to battle. Goku and Vegeta struggle against Shroom as they have little strength after having their souls mowed, one of Shroom's special abilities.
He appears once again along with the rest of the Demon Gods when Mechikabura is using Dark Shenron to have his youth restored and attempts to buy as much time for his master as possible by holding off the Time Patrol. In the manga he confronts Super Saiyan Xeno Goten in battle briefly.
Dark King Mechikabura Saga
Main article: Dark King Mechikabura Saga After Mechikabura escapes from the Time Labyrinth, Gravy along with the other Demons are granted a more powerful Demon God state.
While maintaining the barrier to Mechikabura's Palace, Xeno Gohan travels through the black Hell Gate in order to confront him only to be followed by Xeno Pan. Shroom fires off an energy wave from his scythe and Xeno Gohan narrowly moves Xeno Pan out of the way. Xeno Gohan shouts at Pan for being a distraction and she flees the scene in tears. Xeno Gohan transforms into a Super Saiyan and engages Shroom in battle. He manages to kick Shroom to the ground but then notices a small cut on his face from the scythe. Xeno Gohan falls to the ground and reverts back to his normal state as Shroom tells him that he has harvested some of his spirit.
As he is about to finish off Xeno Gohan he is suddenly blasted from behind by Xeno Pan who had returned to the battlefield and spurs on her father to get back up. Shrooms begins to make his way over to Xeno Pan when Xeno Gohan grabs his cloak. When Shroom turns around he see's Xeno Gohan standing there now as a Super Saiyan 4. Xeno Gohan hits Shroom and knocks him to the floor. Shroom charges at Xeno Gohan with his scythe but in a surprise move instead throws it at Xeno Pan. Xeno Gohan deflects it however and follows up with a powerful Kamehameha that defeats Shroom.
He is later summoned by Mechikabura along with the other Demon Gods, still inured from his earlier battle. Mechikabura proceeds to trap them all inside of a black orb which Mechikabura absorbs into himself in order to attain his Time Power Unleashed form. Like Salsa and Putine, Shroom presumably survives when Super Saiyan God Xeno Trunks shatters Mechikabura's armor.
In the game, Shroom appears guarding the final Hell Gate of Mechikabura's Tower along with Dr. Gero, Dr. Myuu, Android 17 and Hell Fighter 17. He attacks Xeno Goten, but is unable to prevent him from sealing the gate. He later fights the Time Patrol alongside his fellow Demon Gods and Fin, until Towa recalls the group into Mechikabura's Tower.
Shroom and Salsa are the only two Demon Gods to remain on Mechikabura's side after everything is taken into his black hole. When the two battle Xeno King Vegeta and Xeno Bardock, Mechikabura forces them to take on their true Dark Forms, however the duo are still defeated and seemingly perish as a result of using the Dark Form.
New Space-Time War Saga
Main article: New Space-Time War Saga
In the anime, like Salsa and Putine, Shroom loses his Demon God powers upon Mechikabura's defeat an is revealed that he's survived like Salsa. He appears alongside them to Goku and Vegeta in the Pseudo Universe, combining magics with his fellow demons in order to transport Goku and Vegeta to a Hyperbolic Time Chamber-like space in order to refine their Perfected Ultra Instinct and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (Controlled Berserk) forms, respectively.
In the manga, Shroom and his fellow former Demon Gods (except Chamel) work to maintain the mock Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Shroom warning Putine not to lose focus or the gate to the chamber will close and end up destroying Goku and Vegeta within. Putine jokes about letting them be destroyed, eliciting a laugh from Shroom, who jokes that it would be interesting. Irritated, Chamel tells the two to focus in order to keep the Saiyans alive to defeat Fu and retrieve the dark factor from him, which Chamel reminds would be beneficial for them. Shroom agrees, stating his intentions to revive and crush Mechikabura in revenge for being used, immediately angering Salsa into attacking him. Calling him a "submissive mutt", Shroom claims Salsa will never change. Just then, all four demons freeze, noticing the Crimson-Masked Saiyan unleashing his power and creating cracks in space-time. Before they can figure out what is truly going on, they are attacked by an unknown force emerging from one of the cracks nearby.
Shroom is able to defeat Evil Demon Janemba in battle. He then goes on to overwhelm base Xeno Goku and base Xeno Vegeta and soon after matches Chamel in combat. Shroom proves to be an even match for Super Saiyan Xeno Gogeta in battle, with them fighting evenly until Gogeta's fusion time runs out. He was able to hold an advantage over the injured Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Goku (who had very little stamina remaining).
During his final battle against Xeno Gohan, he was able to gain an advantage against him as a Super Saiyan by cutting him across the cheek with his scythe and draining his spirit. However when Xeno Gohan transformed into a Super Saiyan 4, Shroom is defeated by a Kamehameha.
In the Dark King Mechikabura Saga, even with assistance from Android 17 (GT), Hell Fighter 17, Gero and Myuu, Demon God Shroom is defeated by Xeno Goten.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight - The ability to fly using ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of ki attack.
- Flaming Death Scythe (フレイムデスサイズ Fureimu Desu Saizu) - Shroom's Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Inferno Death Scythe (インフェルノデスサイズ Inferuno Desu Saizu) - Shroom's Super Attack in his Demon God Second Version in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Phantom Death Scythe (ファントムデスサイズ Fantomu Desu Saizu) - Shroom's Super Attack in his Dark Form in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Portal Opening - With the help of Salsa and Putine, Shroom is able to create a white vortex of light that connects to a Hyperbolic Time Chamber-like training space, which houses phantoms of enemies of those who enter it.
- Soul Reaping - Shroom is able to harvest energy from a target's soul by attacking them with his scythe. A Saiyan whose soul has been reaped will be temporarily unable to transform.
- Draw - A CAA Special Ability usable by Shroom in Dragon Ball Heroes that imprisons the target in an energy sphere, draining their life energy before detonating.
- God Meteor - A CAA Special Ability usable by Shroom in Dragon Ball Heroes that summons a massive meteor from the sky to crash onto the battlefield. Shroom uses the Death God Meteor variant, which additionally greatly reduces the stamina of all enemy attackers in the next round.
- Super Slash - A CAA Special Ability usable by Shroom as a boss in Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, where he creates a blue energy blade and repeatedly slashes the target. Shroom uses the Sinister Super Slash variant, which additionally nullifies the target's Damage Reduction.
Main article: Demon God
Before Mechikabura's defeat, Shroom possessed the Demon God state. He was uniquely known as the Grim Reaper and possessed the ability to reap souls.
In the manga, his strength in this form is great enough to allow him to fight evenly with Super Saiyan Xeno Gogeta.
Main article: Demon God
Shroom is granted access to a more powerful state of the Demon God form after Mechikabura escapes from the Time Labyrinth. In this augmented Demon God state, Shroom's front bang lengthens and his red shadow trim droops further down his face. He discards his caped vest in favor of a black long-sleeved shirt adorned with crimson markings. His scythe also turns crimson and grows in size, the blade straightening.
In the manga, he uses this form in his battle against Xeno Gohan but is beaten by him after he takes on his Super Saiyan 4 form. Upon Mechikabura's defeat, Shroom loses his Demon God transformation entirely.
Main article: True Demon God
Through Mechikabura's power, Shroom takes on his Dark Form during the final battle between the Dark Empire loyalists and the Time Patrol-Dark Empire leavers. In this state, he appears much more reptilian, sporting dark crimson and light pink skin, longer and more flowy hair, and small fangs. Black markings and spikes protrude from his body, though Shroom keeps his arm bracelets. He also wears black wrist bandages and his blue Potara.
Though using his Dark Form leaves him susceptible to dying afterwards, it grants him a massive boost in power - though even with Dark Salsa's help, Shroom was unable to defeat Xeno Bardock and Xeno King Vegeta and both Demon Gods perished as a result.
- Scythe - Shroom wields a scythe, fitting his title of Grim Reaper. The scythe is initially colored black, changing to red when he gets his Demon God form upgraded.
Video Game Appearances
- Japanese: Kenji Nojima
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Xeno Janemba
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Chamel
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Xeno Gogeta (Super Saiyan)
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Xeno Vegeta
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Xeno Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Xeno Goten (Super Saiyan)
- Shroom (Demon God) vs. Chamel (Demon God)
- Shroom (Demon God; second version) vs. Xeno Pan and Xeno Gohan (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 4)
List of characters killed by Shroom
- Numerous Reaper Soldiers - One was killed by Shroom so he could get an attack in on Xeno Janemba. All of the ones located in Shroom's Hell Gate were killed by him out of boredom.
- Much like many of the other Demon Gods appearing in various Dragon Ball media, Shroom's name comes from a sauce, specifically mushroom sauce.
- He is the second Demon in the series to wield a scythe, the first being Mamba from Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy.
- Dark Form url. carddass.