- This article is about the Ancient Saiyan from Dragon Ball Legends. For the minor female Saiyan/Earthling character from Dragon Ball Fusions, see Shalot.
Concept and creation
Shallot was designed by Akira Toriyama.
Shallot is a Saiyan who has a medium build, and hair resembling a much shorter version of Raditz's with a front fringe straying to the right. He wears blue colored leather Sadala Saiyan armor, being from the time before Frieza Force armor became standard. His armor plates, greaves, and armbands are blue, and the undershirt and shorts are black. He has silver-blue boots, and a black tail which he lets swing freely, rather than securing it around his waist as most adult Saiyans do.
Shallot has good fighting potential and is quite short tempered and aggressive like usual Saiyans. Although quick to go off at people, Shallot has his own morals and does not like being commanded. Like Goku and Vegeta, he has a strong appetite. He is noted to have a similar personality to Caulifla and the two get along. Shallot also seems to judge a warrior not by power but by how determined they are. Like most Saiyans, Shallot has little interest in romance and like the pure hearted Goku, lacks perverted thoughts (as Master Roshi suggests Shallot is pure of heart) though unlike Goku seemingly fails to recognize this trait in others as he couldn't understand why Caulifla and Rozie where enraged by Master Roshi's lecherous behavior. It is unclear if this is due to his personality and/or another result of his lack of memory. However he is shown to be able to tell males and females apart just fine and rejects the teenage Bulma's playful attempt to flirt with him when she cheekily suggests he secretly longs for her company after they had been apart for a while.
In his timeline of origin, Shallot and his brother Giblet were righteous Ancient Saiyans who fought against the Evil Ancient Saiyans of their time and both sought to emulate the original Super Saiyan God who's bloodline the brothers are descended from and the brothers hoped to one day acquire the power of Super Saiyan God in order to finally defeat the evil Saiyans, wanting to succeed where the original Super Saiyan God had failed indicating they inherited the original Super Saiyan God's righteous spirit.
His relationship with Zahha starts off as a rocky unlikely alliance between two Tournament of Time participants, though over time they become trusted allies despite their respective personalities similar to Goku and Piccolo. However after Zahha's true identity is revealed, Shallot is initially unable to accept it and initially believes that he is under the influence of the Dark Ki much like how Giblet was despite sensing no Dark Ki coming from Zahha. This temporarily puts Shallot in a mentally vulnerable state though after receiving a pep talk from Majin Vegeta who repays Shallot for freeing him from the Mastermind's influence by remaining Shallot of his pride and who he is as a person and a Saiyan. As a result, Shallot gains enough confidence to finally confront Zahha even if it means fighting his friend and enemy Zahha.
In his original time Shallot fought the evil Saiyans alongside his twin brother Giblet. At one point Giblet explained to Shallot that the power they needed to obtain to defeat the evil Saiyans was Super Saiyan God, explaining to Shallot that they both possess the potential to become Super Saiyan Gods, due to possessing the same righteous will, declaring them the rightful successors due to the blood of the Super Saiyan God running through their veins.
Shallot woke up in the start of the storyline of Dragon Ball Legends, unsure of how he got there or who he really was. The only real memory he retained was one where he was commanded to run, and was called by his name. He revealed this to Trunks when he was asked.
Dragon Ball Legends
Main article: Dragon Ball Legends After encountering and fighting Broly alongside Goku, the two are informed by Zahha about a Tournament of Time in which people from all places in time would compete, and the winner would receive a wish on the Super Dragon Balls. Although reluctant to accept that he was in it, he joins as Zahha's ally, and also allies with a young Bulma and the current age Jaco to learn more about the era before coming across Raditz . After being defeated by Raditz, a version of Vegeta from the past is demanded by Beerus to train Shallot, Zahha, and a young Gohan, who become mentored by him and an enthusiastic Nappa. After defeating Vegeta as the final trial in his training, Shallot successfully defeats a seemingly empowered Raditz, and is offered by Beerus and the current-age Goku to help find the real culprit behind the tournament. Though Shallot ends up agreeing, Zahha is not as trustworthy of Beerus, and after a friendly spar parts ways with Shallot.
Afterwards, Shallot comes across several members of the Frieza Force, including Dodoria and Zarbon, who are certain that Shallot has destroyed a city and wiped out their men. Shallot comes across a man who looks like him in a red hood, called the Saiyan in Red. Though the Saiyan in Red nearly defeats him, the current-age Goku comes to Shallot's rescue. Before the Saiyan in Red flees, he calls Shallot "the blood of the defeated" and Goku "the blood of the tainted." Reporting the situation to Beerus, Goku decides to fight Shallot to see if there is any difference between his ki and the Saiyan in Red. Though their ki is the same for the most part, there's a difference Goku can't describe. Whis reveals that Shallot is an "ancient Saiyan" whose ki somehow differs from Goku, and believes this may be relevant to the titles the Saiyan in Red used to describe them. Beerus briefly speculates whether the mysterious Saiyan they encountered was Shallot from a different era, or a situation similar to Goku Black.
Later, young Bulma is captured by members of the Frieza Force led by Turles, which leads to Shallot infiltrating them while pretending to join. It is revealed by a version of Frieza from the past that his forces are divided and have started fighting between one another. It's later shown that Turles has been boosting the power of his soldiers by giving them fruit from the Tree of Might. While under the command of Frieza, Shallot and Appule have to find powerful warriors to join the Frieza Force. After being attacked by some of Turles' men, Whis convinces Shallot to look for Nappa and Vegeta to recruit them into the Frieza Force. Shallot finds the two and easily convinces them to join and the three find Appule who has found and recruited Android 19. Later after returning to Frieza, Android 19 is revealed to be a spy and as soon as he found Frieza's location, he leaves while sending some Copymen to attack Shallot so he doesn't follow.
After the fight, Frieza kills Appule for bringing Android 19 and compromising the Frieza Force. This enrages Shallot, who attempts to kill Frieza but is stopped and knocked out by Vegeta and Nappa. After Shallot wakes up and receives a stern talk from Vegeta, Shallot and the other two Saiyans accompany Frieza to a destroyed city to find Zarbon and Dodoria.
Eventually Shallot aids Frieza in defeating Frost. When facing Frieza, Shallot becomes a Super Saiyan for the first time to defeat him.
When Babidi resurrects Majin Buu, Shallot trains with Goku to become a Super Saiyan 3. Upon completing his training in the Hyperbolic Time chamber, Shallot defeats Buu with his Super Saiyan 3 form.
By the time Buu has become Super Buu and absorbed Gohan, no one stands a chance against him, as such Shallot has to find five righteous Saiyans to become Super Saiyan God - he does so and defeats Super Buu, who flees. As he becomes Super Saiyan God he regains some memories of his past with Giblet.
Shallot encounters Giblet once more, who reveals that he too can become a Super Saiyan God, the two then proceed to battle - proving even with one another.
When Super Buu turns into Kid Buu, Shallot fights him, initially out of energy but later returning to full power to completely do away with him. He encounters Giblet yet again, the brothers fighting it out and an exhausted Shallot coming out on top. In the midst of confronting the Mastermind and Zamasu, Shallot is suddenly pierced from behind by one of Zahha's swords infused with ki.
Shallot is utterly caught off guard by the attack as Zahha was supposed to be "watching his back". Zahha then reveals his true identity as a double agent who was in reality the true mastermind behind the tournament all along revealing the mastermind next to Zamasu as nothing more than a phantom illusion created via his magic.
He then removes a mysterious golden orb from Shallot and a blood red orb from Giblet which he reveals he had placed into the twins before the Tournament began and combines them into a single orb that resembles a star-less Dragon Ball with the two orbs floating around inside it in a ying-yang fashion. He also reveals to Shallot once he comes to that he was the one whom Giblet was telling Shallot to flee from in that recurring memory resulting in a flashback showing said memory during which Zahha can be seen. Zahha reveals that he implanted the orbs within the two and manipulated them both. He manipulated Shallot by erasing his memories and befriending during his attempted rescue of Kid Gohan from Raditz who Zahha was being manipulated by the Dark Ki. He manipulated Giblet using the phantom Mastermind and Dark Ki to fuel Giblet's hatred of Shallot and the Saiyans while steering both brothers to their inevitable conflict in their Super Saiyan God forms. However despite all the evidence, Shallot can't believe Zahha was a double agent this whole time and suggests he is being influenced by the Dark Ki like Giblet despite sensing no Dark Ki from him which Zahha points out before deciding to show him by slashing the injured and exhausted Shallot with a slash from both blades.
Angered by Zahha's unhanded attack on the weakened and mentally vulnerable Shallot, Super Saiyan Blue Goku tries to attack Zahha but it surprisingly has no effect on Zahha. With Goku Black and Zamasu providing Zahha with backup due to his possession of the mysterious orb. Goku finally gives the signal for Beerus who had been waiting for his moment to strike the Mastermind to attack. Beerus suddenly appears before a stunned Zahha and attacks the traitorous double agent with Hakai. However once again it too surprisingly has no effect, though Beerus realizes that the attack's Energy of Destruction was nullified and surmises the same thing happened to Goku's previous God Kamehameha attack on Zahha. Beerus demands an explanation, with Zahha explaining that the orb he holds is the compete Omnificence Crystal, originally a failed prototype Super Dragon Ball which Zahha was able to complete by placing its one of its two halves into the twin Super Saiyan God Shallot and Giblet, then orchestrating them to fight one another in their Super Saiyan God forms. Zahha reveals that although its creator considered it a failure, he believes it is superior to the Super Dragon Balls as it can grant any wish as long as it is supplied with large amounts of Kili thus explaining that it was the Omnificence Crystal that nullified both Goku's God Kamehameha and Beerus' Hakai. Zahha then decides to show off more of its power by using the Omnificence Crystal to mimic and then perform Beerus' Hakai, which seemingly destroys Beerus, Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Giblet, their unconscious allies, and what remains of the Ice Continent.
However fortunately, Bulma and Jaco are able to grab the unconscious Shallot and get away before the blast hits. Additionally Beerus had requested his brother Champa and his attendant Vados help Shallot and remaining members of Team Beerus just in case.
With help from Hit who had been hired to protect Shallot by an unknown client and a little pep talk from Majin Vegeta, Shallot manages to regain his focus and realizes he must know defeat his old friend Zahha.
During his, Bulma, and Jaco's journey to the Ice Continent or whatever remains where it once was as it was apparently destroyed by the Omnificence Crystal's Hakai, Shallot encounters several enemies sent by Zahha including Basil and Lavender who are defeated thanks to Hit's Time Skip, Shisami and his master Golden Frieza who has been assisting Zahha by collecting energy from planets conquered by him and his forces. Golden Frieza reveals he is aware of his counterpart's demise at Shallot's hands and is intrigued by the Saiyan's power though he is eventually driven off after he kills Shisasmi following his defeat by Shallot. After finding a surviving town, Shallot, Bulma, and Jaco rest before heading out to continue their journey only to be attacked by Hyper General Rilldo who Shallot discovers has become a devout follower of Zahha's who reveals he was ordered by Zahha to eliminate Shallot. After defeating the General's Combatant underlings, Shallot faces the General outside of the town. Using Dark Ki, the General tries his best to kill Shallot though Shallot's Super Saiyan God form proves too much for him. However the General refuses to fail his master and attempts kill Shallot via Self Destruct showing the depths of loyalty he has for Zahha though his attempted kamikaze attack is thwarted by the appearance of Zamasu's ally Goku Black who orders the General to stand down as he wishes to test the Super Saiyan God himself. However Rilldo notes that he was ordered to kill Shallot and refuses to let him take away his moment of glory. Goku Black reveals he wasn't sent by Zahha to kill Shallot and that he came on his own and blasts the weakened General away though restrains himself to avoid killing him (presumably to avoid making an enemy out of Zahha by killing one of his subordinates). Goku Black then confronts Shallot who notes he has Goku's body but has Zamasu's scent which reveals that Goku Black has Zamasu's scent instead of Goku's. Fortunately, Jaco and Bulma had witnessed Goku Black fight with Goku and Ultimate Gohan back at the Ice Continent and inform him his name is Black and what they know about him.
After fighting base form Goku Black, Super Saiyan God Shallot is amazed by how powerful he is (Goku Black has gotten stronger during the Tournament of Time to the point he can fight Super Saiyan Blue Goku while in his base form) though Shallot manages to impress him enough that Goku Black decides to transform into Super Saiyan Rose. However Shallot proves to be able to hold his own against this form as well to the point that Goku Black starts losing himself in the excitement. Unfortunately for Shallot, this causes Zamasu to appear and reign in his counterpart's Saiyan instincts. With both Zamasu and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black as his opponent's, Shallot finds himself in trouble, though enraged by their comments regarding mortals and their attempts to convince him to give up and follow them as they reveal they have plans to use him in order to usurp Zahha, though Shallot angrily retorts that despite how much they denigrate mortals, they also hypocritically rely on them. Angered by Shallot's words, the two decide they must teach him a lesson while maintaining enough restraint to avoid killing him. Just as when they appear to have Shallot defeated, they are suddenly hit by an attack from Hit who arrives to aid Shallot and test his killing technique on the immortal Zamasu. Shallot recovers and works together with Hit to take on the two rogue gods, taking advantage of Hit's Time Skip to give them an opening. Realizing they have been momentarily beaten, the two incarnations of Zamasu decide to make a tactical retreat though swear they will make Shallot pay for his blasphemous words.
After briefly conversing with Hit in an attempt to get him to fulfill his promise to tell him why he's protecting him, Shallot realizes he's about to fall unconscious and demands Hit explain when he wakes up before collapsing due to exhaustion and his injuries. As Shallot lays unconscious, it is revealed that Hit had been hired by Goku who is revealed to have somehow avoided being destroyed Omnificence Crystal's Hakai during his previous confrontation with Zahha at the Ice Continent. Hit asks Goku if his preparations are complete and Goku says they are and that Team Beerus is now ready to take the fight directly to Zahha and put an end to the Tournament of Time (though humorously during the preview for the next installment it is revealed that Goku hired Hit to protect Shallot without the ability to pay him and humorously suggests he take a meal cooked by Chi-Chi as payment, only for Goku to note that Chi-Chi wouldn't likely let him leave their home if he brought him their due Hit almost killing him the last time he hired him, though Hit is confused by his statements regarding Chi-Chi not letting him leave willingly, due to not having the same level of fear of her as Goku, who gets out of the conversation regarding his fee via Instant Transmission).
- Video games
Shallot is able to easily take down multiple Saibamen. Shallot is noted by Broly to be a weakling compared to Goku and Future Trunks in their Super Saiyan forms, and Future Trunks thinks that Shallot is out of his depth trying to help them fight Broly. Later in the story, Shallot is considerably weaker than an abnormally strong Raditz at the beginning of their fight, but becomes much needed help in the battle as it wages on. Later towards the end of the first chapter Shallot has the power to defeat both Zarbon and Dodoria, with their boss Frieza later commending his power.
After befriending Goku and training against his Super Saiyan form, Goku notes Shallot should already have the power to transform into one. Whis, however, theorizes that something personally and subconsciously may be holding him back.
After additional training under Vegeta and Nappa, as well as Captain Ginyu, Shallot is strong enough that the Ginyu Force is unable to defeat him one on one and he is able to fight on par with Frieza's second form, however, he is still outclassed by Frieza's third form until he receives a boost with help from Vegeta.
After Shallot achieves Super Saiyan, he is strong enough to barely defeat a Final Form Frieza who has been strengthened by eating a fruit from the Tree of Might. However, he admits to being weaker then Super Saiyan Full Power Goku and barely matches up to a non-serious Dabura. His Super Saiyan form is later shown to be roughly on par with Android 16. However, Shallot is shown to not stand a chance against Semi-Perfect Cell.
After achieving Super Saiyan 2, Shallot is considered to a bigger threat than Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Teen) by Cell.
After intense training with Goku in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, beside getting far stronger than before, Shallot achieves Super Saiyan 3, being able to surpass the powered-up Innocent Buu, angering the Majin and shocking Babidi.
He later proves to be able to match Giblet's base form as a Super Saiyan 2 as well as go toe to toe with him in his enhanced dark ki state while as a Super Saiyan 3. However he proves to be at a disadvantage due to the form's massive energy consumption. He is also much weaker than Super Saiyan God Goku, who could handle Giblet with ease. It is noted that Shallot is still no match for Beerus or Whis. However, Whis suggests that Shallot should focus on getting stronger by fighting people in his base form, pointing out that Shallot is able to fight opponents like Third Form Frieza and Semi-Perfect Cell with ease.
When facing off against Lord Slug, he proves to be able to handle him easily. However after Slug uses his dark ki state, Shallot is forced to use Super Saiyan in order to fight him on better terms. Slug proves to be no match for Shallot in his Super Saiyan form, being forced to flee. Shallot later notes that the the dark ki infused in Slug was different than usual, which Giblet later explains as being due to the mastermind using the energy collected by Babidi in order to empower his warriors.
When facing off against Majin Vegeta in his Super Saiyan 2 form, he is quickly knocked backwards by a single attack while in base form. Once Shallot ascends to Super Saiyan 2 however, the two prove to be evenly matched, which results in Vegeta using the improved dark ki technique that Giblet had displayed. This forces Shallot to transform into his Super Saiyan 3 form which allows him to outmatch Vegeta's dark ki empowered Super Saiyan 2.
When facing against the Androids 13, 14 and 15, he is overwhelmed in his base form at first due to the Androids having analyzed Shallot's moves and fighting style in their previous fights as well as becoming stronger thanks to upgrading. After teaming up with Bardock they manage to overwhelm the androids due to their unpredictable fighting styles, and working together against them. Against a dark ki enhanced Frost, Shallot proves to be able to match him in only his base form, causing Frost to resort to poisoning him in order to win.
During his second fight against Majin Vegeta, Shallot is initially at a disadvantage as a Super Saiyan 2, forcing him to ascend to Super Saiyan 3. This excites Majin Vegeta, though their battle is interrupted by Super Buu (Gohan absorbed). Shallot proves to be no match against Super Buu (Gohan absorbed) even when using Super Saiyan 3, being totally outmatched and almost defeated.
When facing off against Android 13 for the second time, Shallot is at a major disadvantage in his base form, which only worsens once 13 is enhanced with the improved dark ki and starts overwhelming Shallot, who's still in his base form. But once Shallot transforms into a Super Saiyan 3, the tables turn. Shallot starts pressuring Android 13 and eventually defeats him, forcing him and 15 to retreat for the time being. When Whis finds Shallot after finding Caulifla and Kale , he is impressed and happy with Shallot's growth in strength.
While Beerus is impressed by Shallot's Super Saiyan God power, he does note that Shallot is nowhere near the level of power that Super Saiyan God Goku had when he first battled Beerus. though Shallot soon reveals that he was holding back as to not damage the planet and impresses Beerus with the amount of power that he could release. Beerus even admits that he was getting excited during their fight.
While Shallot as a Super Saiyan God initially holds his own against Giblet when the two fight again, he is eventually overwhelmed after Giblet combines Dark Ki with Super Saiyan God. However, after receiving the energy of Super Saiyan 2 Youth Gohan, Super Saiyan Youth Future Trunks & Super Saiyan 2 Cabba, he's able to fight on even terms, and eventually overwhelm the dark ki empowered Giblet.
- Flight - The ability to fly through the use of ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of energy wave.
- Ki Sense - Like most Saiyans, Shallot is initially unable to sense ki, though unlike most modern Saiyans, his heightened sense of smell allows him to track and even sense the power level from their scent alone which he utilizes until he is able to learn how to sense Ki normally, though his sense of smell is still useful for tracking enemies that lack a ki signature such as Androids.
- Rapid Movement - The use of high-speed movement to create an illusion of teleportation. Used by Shallot dodge Super Saiyan Goku's attack and get behind him.
- Full Power Charge - Like every other playable character in Dragon Ball Legends, Shallot is capable of charging his Ki.
- Saiyan Power - A genetic trait that continually lets a Saiyan increase in performance against adversity, either by recovering from great injuries or enduring great struggle in battle.
- Wild Cannon - A green/yellow ki projectile fired by Shallot by punching an energy sphere in his other hand to produce an energy wave. Shallot's signature Special Move Arts technique which he shares with his twin brother, Giblet.
- Rising Rush - A combination rush attack used by all characters in Dragon Ball Legends, utilizing a normal combo, the four currently drawn Arts Cards, and finally an ultimate by each remaining Team Member.
- Hero's Pose - A Fighting Pose that Shallot learned from Jaco in order to complete Captain Ginyu's challenge to come up with a fighting pose while Shallot was forced to work alongside the Ginyu Force. However unfortunately for Shallot, the pose was not up to the Ginyu Force's standards meaning he learned the pose for nothing.
- Kamehameha - Can be learned from Goku, Yamcha and 1st Form Cell.
- Super Kamehameha - Can be learned from Super Saiyan Goku, Super Gogeta and Super Saiyan 3 Goku.
- Kamekameha- Can be learned from Goten (Kid) and Super Saiyan Goten (Kid).
- Black Kamehameha - Can be learned from Goku Black.
- Super Black Kamehameha - Can be learned from Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black.
- Lightspeed 10x Kamehameha - A combination of x10 Kamehameha and Afterimage Technique that can be taught by Super Saiyan 4 Goku (DBL34-01S).
- Destructive Dragon Fist - Can be learned from Super Saiyan Goku.
- Dragon Smash - Can be learned from Super Saiyan God Goku.
- Gravity Bash - Can be learned from Super Saiyan God Goku.
- Super God Combination - Can be learned from Super Saiyan God SS Goku.
- Galick Gun - Can be learned from Vegeta.
- Galick Cannon - Can be learned from Cabba.
- Big Bang Attack - Can be learned from Super Saiyan Vegeta and Baby Vegeta.
- Final Flash - Can be learned from Super Vegeta, Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta and Super Saiyan Rage Trunks.
- Final Impact - Can be learned from Majin Vegeta.
- Masenko - Can be learned from Gohan (Kid).
- Burning Attack - Can be learned from Super Saiyan Trunks (Teen).
- Buster Cannon - Can be learned from Super Trunks.
- Double Buster - Can be learned from Trunks (Kid) and Super Saiyan Trunks (Kid).
- Change the Future - Can be learned from Super Saiyan Trunks (Teen).
- Galactic Donut - Can be learned from Super Saiyan Gotenks.
- Die Die Missile Barrage - Can be learned from Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks.
- Tri-Beam - Can be learned from Tien.
- Destructo-Disc - Can be learned from Krillin.
- Diffusion Blast - Can be learned from Krillin.
- Neo Wolf Fang Fist - Can be learned from Yamcha.
- Magic Spirit Ball - Can be learned from Taitans Yamcha.
- Special Beam Cannon - Can be learned from Piccolo.
- Mystic Flasher - Can be learned from Nail.
- Hellzone Grenade - Can be learned from Fused with Kami Piccolo.
- Light Grenade - Can be learned from Fused with Kami Piccolo.
- Eagle Kick - Can be learned from Videl.
- Justice Beam - Can be learned from Great Saiyaman 1.
- Maiden Blast - Can be learned from Pan.
- Dynamite Kick - Can be learned from Mr Satan.
- Revolt Pile - Can be learned from Bardock.
- Final Spirit Cannon - Can be learned from Bardock.
- Rebellion Trigger - Can be learned from Bardock (Appears under the name Final Spirit Cannon).
- Flame Bullet - Can be learned from Tora.
- Energy Bullet - Can be learned from Fasha.
- Massive Catapult - Can be learned from Shugesh.
- Angry Launcher - Can be learned from Borgos.
- Crush Cannon - Can be learned from Super Saiyan 2 Caulifla.
- Fire Kick - Can be learned from Pikkon.
- Full Power Dodon Ray - Can be learned from Mercenary Tao (DBL01-31E).
- Explosive Demon Wave - Can be learned from Demon King Piccolo.
- Double Sunday - Can be learned from Raditz.
- Saturday Crash - Can be learned from Raditz.
- Giant Storm - Can be learned from Nappa.
- Bomber DX - Can be learned from Nappa (Young).
- Kill Driver - Can be learned from Turles.
- Calamity Blaster- Can be learned from Turles.
- Darkness Twin Star - Can be learned from Lord Slug.
- Dodoria Launcher - Can be learned from Dodoria.
- Elegant Blaster - Can be learned from Zarbon.
- Mach Kick - Can be learned from Burter.
- Recoome Eraser Gun - Can be learned from Recoome.
- Crusher Ball - Can be learned from Jeice.
- Milky Cannon - Can be learned from Captain Ginyu.
- Dynamite Pressure Can be learned from Goku Captain Ginyu (Appears under the name Milky Cannon).
- Death Beam - Can be learned from 1st Form Frieza.
- Death Storm - Can be learned from 2nd Form Frieza.
- Death Ball - Can be learned from Final Form Frieza.
- Death Saucer - Can be learned from 100% Full Power Frieza.
- Death Slicer - Can be learned from Golden Frieza.
- Thouser Blade - Can be learned from Salza.
- Finger Blitz Barrage - Can be learned from Metal Cooler
- S.S. Deadly Bomber - Can be learned from Android #13.
- F.F. Spark Cannon - Can be learned from Android #15.
- Super Electric Strike - Can be learned from Android #17.
- Full Power Energy Ball - Can be learned from Android #17.
- Flash Bomber - Can be learned from Super 17.
- Power Blitz - Can be learned from Android #18.
- Photon Wave - Can be learned from Android #20 and Android #21.
- Grand Smasher - Can be learned from Bojack.
- Galactic Buster - Can be learned from Bojack Full Power.
- Shoot Blaster - Can be learned from Zangya.
- Evil Impulse - Can be learned from Dabura.
- Lightning Shower Rain - Can be learned from Super Janemba.
- Soul Punisher - Can be learned from Super Gogeta.
- Stardust Shooter - Can be learned from Super Saiyan God SS Gogeta.
- Flame Shower Breath - Can be learned from Majin Buu: Good.
- Guilty Flash - Can be learned from Majin Buu: Pure Evil.
- Assault Rain - Can be learned from Buu: Super.
- Mystic Shooter - Can be learned from Ultimate Gohan Absorbed Buu: Super.
- Shocking Ball - Can be learned from Kid Buu (DBL17-06S). (Appears under the name Planet Burst).
- Blaster Shell - Can be learned from Legendary Super Saiyan Broly.
- Gigantic Crusher - Can be learned from Super Saiyan 2 Kefla.
- Anger Shout - Can be learned from Broly: BR.
- Planet Crusher - Can be learned from Broly: BR.
- Stardust Shooter - Can be learned from Super Saiyan God SS Gogeta.
- Fierce God Slicer - Can be learned from Future Zamasu.
- Assassin Strike - Can be learned from Hit.
- Yacchaina Fist - Can be learned from Rozie.
- Flash Claw - Can be learned from Kakunsa.
- Justice Crush - Can be learned from Dyspo.
- Majin Beam - Can be learned from Majuub.
- Revenge Death Ball - Can be learned from Super Baby 2.
- Annihilation Gun - Can be learned from Syn Shenron.
- Great Ape
- Rage Power-Up
Main article: Fury After rigorous training with Nappa, Shallot becomes capable of a power up through rage; while undergoing the power up his eye color changes and his hair spikes up in a similar manner to Super Saiyan and resembles the Wrath State though without the berserker rage. His energy is also orange with the silhouette of a Great Ape's face behind him. Once the power up is complete, Shallot's appearance returns to normal. First assumed in his rematch with Raditz.
- Super Saiyan
"You will die here and now, Frieza! By my Saiyan hands! I'm going to bring back Vegeta's and the Saiyan race's pride!"
While Shallot fights Frieza alongside Vegeta, Frieza turns into his final form and kills Vegeta. Determined to avenge Vegeta and defend his Saiyan pride, as well as angered at Frieza for mocking the Saiyans, Shallot turns into a Super Saiyan. His hair and tail turn gold, and his eyes turn greenish-blue. In this form, Shallot is strong enough to fight Frieza after he's eaten Fruit of the Tree of Might.
After a week of training with Zahha and Gohan, Shallot learns how to maintain his Super Saiyan form with less stress on his body.
- Golden Great Ape
Main article: Golden Great Ape As he has the ability to to go Super Saiyan and has a tail, Shallot can presumably transform into a Golden Great Ape once he has absorbed enough Blutz Waves.
- Super Saiyan 2
Main article: Super Saiyan 2
In this state, Cell considers him a bigger threat than Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Teen). Shallot is later shown to be superior to Majin Vegeta in this state, forcing him to use dark ki.
- Super Saiyan 3
Main article: Super Saiyan 3
Whilst Shallot trains with Goku in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Shallot learns the ability to transform into Super Saiyan 3, to combat Majin Buu.
In this state, he's seen to be vastly superior to Majin Buu, even being able to destroy him so thoroughly that it takes him several hours to reform.
- Super Saiyan God
Main article: Super Saiyan God
After being sent by Whis in a quest to train his normal form and collect six pure hearted Saiyans, Shallot achieves the Super Saiyan God form with the help of Trunks, Gohan, Caulifla, Goku, and Cabba.
In this form, Shallot can easily defeat Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed) even with the dark ki, and match Giblet's Super Saiyan God form.
- Battle Suit - In Dragon Ball Legends, Shallot can wear various models of Battle Armor.
- Default Costume - Shallot's Blue Ancient Saiyan Battle Armor which he wears as his default costume.
- Bardock Battle Suit - The same model Battle Armor as that worn by Shallot's ally Bardock.
- Broly's Battle Suit - The same model Battle Armor worn by Broly (DBS) (complete with a replica of Ba's ear pelt).
- Raditz's Battle Suit - The same model Battle Armor worn by Goku's brother, Raditz.
- Vegeta's Battle Suit - The same model of Battle Armor worn by Shallot's mentor, Vegeta.
- Scouter - Shallot can acquire various Scouter models to wear as accessories.
- Scouter (Bardock Model) - The same model Scouter worn by Shallot's ally Bardock.
- Scouter (Nappa Model) - The same model Scouter worn by Shallot's mentor Nappa (which like Nappa's in-game Scouter has a purple lens rather than his typical blue lens Scouter that he wears in the main series).
- New Scouter (Ginyu Force Model) - The same model Scouter worn by the members of the Ginyu Force (sans Guldo).
- Hermit Gi (Goku) - A Turtle School Uniform identical to the one worn by Shallot's Team Beerus teammate Goku.
- Piccolo's Demon Clothes - Demon Clothes like the one's Piccolo wears (minus his Weighted Training Cap & Turban).
- Tien Shinhan's Gi - A shirtless martial arts uniform based on the clothes worn by Tien Shinhan.
- Goku's Aloha Shirt - A red Hawaiian shirt and jeans based upon the ones worn by Goku in cover artwork for the Dragon Ball manga.
- Piccolo's Stylish Clothes - Clothes like the ones that Piccolo wore during his driver's test (the Gokuu cap does not appear as an accessory, though it does appear flying off in the artwork for Shallot's character card when said clothes are equipped).
- Vegeta's Headband - The white headband worn by Vegeta when he cooked an octopus for Beerus during the God of Destruction Beerus Saga which Shallot can wear as an accessory.
- Vegeta's Apron - The yellow apron that Vegeta wore when he cooked an octy for Beerus during the God of Destruction Beerus Saga (worn by Shallot over his default costume; though treated as a separate outfit in-game).
- Yamcha's Uniform - A baseball uniform like the one worn by Taitans Yamcha (minus the cap which doesn't appear as an accessory for Shallot).
- Bat (Yamcha Model) - The same model baseball bat as the one wielded by Taitans Yamcha which Shallot can equip as an accessory.
- Tapion's Sword - A replica of the sword wielded by Tapion (uses the same model as the real Brave Sword and Future Trunks' sword).
- Power Pole - A replica of Goku's Power Pole (uses same model as the one worn by Kid Goku) that Shallot can wear as an accessory.
- Master Roshi's Shell - A light weight Turtle Shell like the one worn by Master Roshi.
- Gotenks' Ghost - A accessory that resembles one of Gotenks' ghosts produced by his Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack (it even floats behind Shallot).
- Communicator - In Dragon Ball Legends, Bulma gives Shallot a communication device she invented so he can communicate with her and Jaco while on missions and investigations too dangerous for Bulma & Jaco. However, due to Shallot's amnesia and general unfamiliarity with technology, he initially has trouble using the device.
Video Game Appearances
- Japanese: Kenji Akabane
- English: Alejandro Saab
List of characters killed by Shallot
- Multiple Android 19s
- Frieza - Killed a version of Frieza from before the battle of Namek after he eats several Fruits of the Tree of Might, sending him back to his proper time with no memories of the tournament.
- Multiple Remote Controlled Android 20s
- Cell - Killed a more powerful version of Cell created in the era Shallot was summoned to with the help of Teen Gohan, Bardock, Cabba, and Zahha.
- Android 13 - Killed a more powerful version of 13 that was made with the battle data of multiple warriors across time and space while in his Super Android 13 state and further powered up with dark ki.
- Kid Buu - Killed the Kid Buu enhanced by Dark Ki who was born from the Super Buu that originated from the Innocent Buu (Innocent Buu's defeat caused Evil Buu to split from Good Buu whom he absorbed to become the Super Buu that allied itself with the Mastermind's group) that Shallot had defeated previously after becoming a Super Saiyan 3. However Good Buu is able to survive the attack as he regenerates forcing Shallot's allies (which includes the Piccolo that Super Buu had previously absorbed and the "heroic" Zahha) to keep him busy as he considers Shallot an enemy which is why Kid Buu didn't spit him out as they shared the same goal of defeating Shallot.
- Shallot's name comes from "shallot", a type of onion.
- An unrelated female 3/4 Saiyan 1/4 Earthling named Shalot appears in Dragon Ball Fusions. Additionally his name also resembles Eschalot the Saiyan name Vegeta had originally intended to give to Bulla before Bulma beat him to it.
- Coincidentally, the Japanese voice actors for both Shallot and Giblet have the same first name (Kenji).
- When assuming his powered-up state, Shallot's eyes become red just as they are for a split second in the opening cutscenes for Legends.
- Although he is able to learn the majority of attacks in Dragon Ball Legends, Shallot is unable to perform attacks like Lock-On Buster, Kaio-ken Kamehameha, Acid, Psycho Javelin and even the Spirit Bomb.
- Shallot is the second Ancient Saiyan known to have achieved the Super Saiyan God form via the Super Saiyan God ritual, with the first being his apparent ancestor Yamoshi. He is also the only Saiyan besides Yamoshi to possess a Tail when he achieves the transformation.
- Similar to his Super Saiyan forms' golden tail fur, the fur of Shallot's tail turns the same red color as his hair when in his Super Saiyan God form.
- Currently it is unknown how his brother Giblet acquired his Super Saiyan God form.
- Interestingly, the fur of Shallot's tail in his base state is the same black color as his hair, rather than the typical brown.
- Somehow, Shallot has an amazing sense of smell that is the equivalent of sensing ki in a way.
- Additionally, his heightened sense of smell allows him to track Androids, as while they lack ki signatures they still produce scent which Shallot can track, with him being able to identify mechanical types due to their artificial nature causing their scent to differ from the likes of biologically-enhanced models and Bio-Androids.
- Upon first encountering Goku Black, Shallot notes that while he has the body of Goku, he has the scent of Zamasu indicating Shallot's nose is able to detect the body swap. However it is unclear if he could detect Captain Ginyu's scent on someone he had swapped bodies with via Body Change (such as Goku Captain Ginyu) as he only encounters Captain Ginyu in his original body.
- Shallot shares several traits in common with Goku, such as his righteous spirit, love of eating, and fighting, though he lacks Goku's naivety though in place of it, Shallot is more primitive and less knowledgeable regarding Earth, due to his ancient Saiyan origins and amnesia regarding his own past which makes him similar to Goku when he first met Bulma, though Shallot retains the ability to tell the difference between males and females (at least when it comes to Saiyans, Human-type Earthlings, Guide Angels, and the Kamikaze Fireballs).
- As a result of this, his relationship with the teenage Bulma is similar to her counterpart's relationship with Goku (as the Bulma Shallot knows is from the period before she would actually meet the Goku of her era) though she is aware that he is a Saiyan and due to Shallot being older, she is shown to playfully flirt with him by suggesting he'll get lonely without her company (which she also does to his mentor Vegeta during his second visit to the Capitol) however like Goku, Shallot has no interest in her physically or romantically (and like his mentor, he is quick to reject her flirtation). Additionally, upon first meeting her and Jaco, Shallot is initially cold towards them similar to Vegeta when he first came to live on Earth, seeing his arrangement with them to act as another bodyguard for the defenseless Bulma as nothing more than a business agreement so he can learn everything they know about Earth and the Tournament, before coming to see the pair as companions and friends (and like Vegeta even starts calling Bulma by name). Additionally similar to her counterpart, the teenage Bulma comes to rely on him and believe in him much like how her older counterpart does with Goku.
- Additionally his antagonistic relationship with Giblet during the Tournament of Time resembles Goku's relationship with his elder brother as both Giblet and Raditz see their respective brothers as weaklings, though in Shallot's case Giblet does eventually acknowledge his strength and after regaining his memories Shallot believes that it is possible that Giblet is being manipulated due to the Dark Ki.
- After Zahha reveals himself to be a double agent and the true mastermind behind the tournament, he confirms that he as the phantom Mastermind manipulated Giblet's hatred for Shallot and the Saiyans using subtle manipulation along with the Dark Ki, as part of his plan to have the two vessels for the fragments of the Omnificence Crystal fight each other in an epic "battle of Super Saiyan Gods" to create the compete Omnificence Crystal.
- Also before Zahha's status as a double agent is revealed, Shallot's relationship with Zahha resembles Goku's relationship with Piccolo as both initially join forces to protect Gohan from Raditz and Zahha aids Shallot using both his power, magic, and intellect. However it is unclear how much of their friendship was genuine and how much of it was fabricated as part of Zahha's deception, as Zahha claims he did his best to be a good friend to him when confronted about his betrayal, though it is unclear if he was being sincere. It is also possible that these similarities were somewhat intentional on Zahha's part as a double agent as he gets to know several incarnations of Piccolo from different eras and may have modelled his "heroic" persona off of Piccolo due to them sharing similar personality traits (as they are both are serious, intelligent, and tactical while vocally criticizing their Saiyan allies tendency to rush into dangerous situations with little or no thought). However following Zahha's betrayal, he and Piccolo resemble reflections of the other, as Piccolo was originally an enemy of Goku's who later became an unlikely ally and eventually a trusted friend, while Zahha starts out as an unlikely ally for Shallot who became a trusted friend, only to reveal himself to be a double agent and Shallot's true enemy the whole time.
- There is somewhat of a running gag of Shallot running into several different versions of Dodoria during the Tournament of Time.
- Shallot also dislikes Dodoria after one of them complained that Earth's food tastes terrible.