- This article is about the member of the Dark Empire. For Cooler's henchman, see Salza.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Power
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Voice Actors
- 7 Battles
- 8 List of characters killed by Salsa
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
- 12 Site Navigation
Salsa is a pink-skinned demon sporting red hair, red eyes and red curved shadow trim. He wears a white handkerchief of sorts tucked into a blue-yellow shirt lined with gold, dark blue pants, and black boots. Over it all is a posh blue robe lined with gold, complete with a hood and dark blue Potara Earrings worn on the outside. Salsa's weapon of choice is a double-edged sword with a light blue orb adorned at the top of the blade.
After his Demon God powers were lost to him, Salsa grew taller, losing the trim on his eyes and growing more unruly hair than before. His outfit during the Universe Creation Saga consists of a black-colored upgrade to his original robe, with a spiked hem, longer "ears", and a red sash to match. He keeps his handkerchief and blue Potara on his new robe, however, as well as retaining his sword.
Salsa is shown to have extreme undying loyalty towards his master Mechikabura, feeling as though he had shamed Mechikabura for being unable to defeat Xeno Turles and furthermore willing to side with Mechikabura alongside Shroom when the Dark Empire factions split. Even after Mechikabura forced him to utilize his Dark Form - which would lead to his death (in the game), or absorbed him and the other Demon Gods (in the manga), Salsa retained his loyalty to Mechikabura upon returning - with Putine comparing his attitude to that of a puppy dog thrown away by his owner after Mechikabura was sealed away. This puts him at odds with Shroom, who grew to resent Mechikabura for using him.
Dragon Ball Heroes
Dark Empire Saga
Main article: Dark Empire Saga
In the manga, Salsa first appears alongside his master Mechikabura at the Tree of Might to recover the Four-Star Dark Dragon Ball from Xeno Turles. After Xeno Turles undergoes his Rampaging transformation and suddenly hurls a large rock toward Salsa and Mechikabura, Salsa slices the rock to pieces and attacks Xeno Turles with a kick to the back of the Saiyan's neck, to no avail. Xeno Turles delivers a hard kick that sends Salsa flying back to Mechikabura's side, leaving the old Dark King to eradicate Xeno Turles himself, leaving Salsa in both awe and shame.
Salsa later appears in the nick of time to save Towa from Demon God Buu's attack. When Towa asks why he decided to show up, Salsa responds by stating he has lost his honor after shaming Mechikabura in his previous fight with Xeno Turles, though declares that his Demon God abilities have better stabilized in his body since then. He demonstrates this by using his newfound might to launch a powerful Tricky Tornado that completely eradicates the bodies of both Xeno Majin Buu (and furthermore Xeno Janemba) and Xeno Lord Slug, freeing their Dark Dragon Balls and Xeno Dabura as a result and leaving Towa free to recover both and teleport away.
Salsa stands alongside his fellow Demon Gods to fend of the Time Patrol warriors in order to buy time for Dark Shenron to restore Mechikabura's youth and true power. He briefly confronts Chamel, but the battle reaches an abrupt end when the Time Patrol are teleported back to the Time Nest.
Dark King Mechikabura Saga
Salsa is later assigned to protect the Blue Hell Gate to maintain the seal to Mechikabura's Lair and subsequently confronted by Xeno Goku. After using his wind abilities to fling Xeno Goku's Kamehameha back at him, Salsa uses his Tricky Tornado to try and land more blows. While Xeno Goku struggles against the technique, Salsa rushes in to finish him off with his sword but is countered when Xeno Goku uses his Power Pole to strike Salsa in the stomach. Xeno Goku then transforms into a Super Saiyan and fires a second Kamehameha that manages to defeat Salsa. Afterwards, Salsa is summoned by Mechikabura, and absorbed by him with the other Demon Gods so Mechikabura can achieve the Time Power Unleashed form.
In the game, Salsa and Shroom are the only two Demon Gods to remain on Mechikabura's side after everything is taken into his black hole. When the two battle Xeno King Vegeta and Xeno Bardock, Mechikabura forces them to take on their true Dark Forms, but Salsa and Shroom are swiftly defeated by the Saiyan duo, and perish as a result of using the Dark Forms in battle. In the manga, however, he survives (albeit with the loss of his Demon God powers) and escapes along with Putine when Super Saiyan God Xeno Trunks shatters Mechikabura's armor.
Universe Creation Saga
Main article: Universe Creation Saga
Salsa and Putine make an unexpected entrance when they travel through a time distortion to appear in Hell. Putine uses her Ice Magic to encase Janemba's legs in place, giving Salsa the opportunity to use his Tricky Storm technique to send Janemba hurtling back into the cliffside. When Janemba returns he quickly gains an advantage over everyone and Salsa suggests that Xeno Goku do the thing that he did during his fight against the Shadow Dragons. Despite their struggle, Salsa and Putine buy the Saiyans some time to allow Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta to acquire the power they need to finish off Janemba and is then teleported, along with everyone else, to the Universe Tree thanks to Putine's magic.
New Space-Time War Saga
Main article: New Space-Time War Saga Salsa next appears along with Shroom and Putine in the Pseudo Universe, opening up a doorway to a room resembling that of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber so that Goku and Vegeta can learn to master their powers.
In the manga, his kick does no damage to Xeno Turles in his Rampaging form and is knocked away stating that his power is equal to or slightly above his own. Later, when his Demon God power has fully stabilized, Demon God Salsa becomes strong enough to destroy both Xeno Lord Slug and Xeno Majin Buu with both Xeno Janemba and Demon God Dabura absorbed using his Tricky Tornado.
With his second Demon God form, Salsa is able to overwhelm base form Xeno Goku, but is taken down by a single Kamehameha from him after he turns Super Saiyan.
- Video Games
In the Dark King Mechikabura Saga, even with assistance from Baby Vegeta, Infected Gohan, Infected Goten and Infected Trunks, Demon God Salsa is defeated by Demigra, who considers him a weakling.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, Kagyu is able to defeat Demon God Salsa despite him having empowered Xeno Angila, Xeno Medamatcha, and Xeno Wings with Villainous Mode. After Kagyu weakens Dark Giant Xeno Lord Slug with Penetrate!, he distracts the recovered Demon God Salsa while Piccolo finishes off Xeno Lord Slug with a Ki Blast, causing Salsa to retreat.
- Flight - The ability to fly by utilizing ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of energy wave.
- Tricky Tornado (トリックオブトルネード Torikku obu Torunēdo, "Trick of Tornado") - Salsa's Super Attack from Dragon Ball Heroes. Salsa spins his sword around and conjures up a tornado that attacks the opponent.
- Tricky Storm (トリックオブストーム Torikku obu Sutōmu, "Trick of Storm") - Salsa's second form's Super Attack from Dragon Ball Heroes. A more powerful version of Trick of Tornado.
- Tricky Hurricane (トリックオブハリケーン Torikku obu Harikēn, "Trick of Hurricane") - Salsa's Dark Form's Super Attack from Dragon Ball Heroes. Salsa rushes at the opponent and slashes them multiple times with his blades, then sends them into the air inside of a tornado made of dark magic. Salsa then assaults his foe with a dark hurricane.
- Dark Magic - In World Mission, Demon God Salsa can use Dark Magic to empower others. Used on the game world Xeno Angila, Xeno Medamatcha, and Xeno Wings to grant them second stage Villainous Mode.
- Dark Evolution granting - Salsa is able to forcefully transform some beings by combining their kiri with Demon God power, he uses this to cause game world Xeno Lord Slug to transform into Dark Giant Xeno Lord Slug in World Mission.
Forms and Transformations
- Demon God
Main article: Demon God
Salsa possesses the Demon God state, and utilizes it for the entirety of the Dark Empire Saga.
With Mechikabura sealed, Salsa and the other Dark Empire Demon Gods lost the ability to use this form.
- Second Version
Main article: Demon God
Salsa is granted a more powerful state of the Demon God form after a youthful Mechikabura escapes from the Time Labyrinth. In this state, his shadow trim expands vertically across his face, and his robe becomes longer with a more subdued golden trim. His ears presumably grow longer and pointier.
In the manga, while Salsa's power has a significant enough increase to allow him to outmatch Xeno Goku, the tables are turned on him when Xeno Goku unleashes Super Saiyan and takes Salsa down.
- Dark Form
Main article: True Demon God
Salsa takes on his Dark Form during the final battle between the Dark Empire loyalists and the Time Patrol-Dark Empire leavers. In this state, he appears much more canine, sporting wild, unruly red hair with long, pointy ears adorned with his Potara. The upper half of his face is now a dark shade of blue, much like his body and his new spiked cape. He gains a distinctive yellow marking on his chest, and bares small fangs.
Though using his Dark Form leaves him susceptible to dying afterwards, it grants him a massive boost in power - though even with Dark Shroom's help, Salsa was unable to defeat Xeno Bardock and Xeno King Vegeta and both Demon Gods perished as a result.
- Japanese: Kazuya Nakai
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes
- Salsa (Demon God) vs. Xeno Turles (Runaway)
- Salsa (Demon God) vs. Chamel (Demon God)
- Salsa (Demon God; second version) vs. Xeno Goku (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Salsa and Putine vs. Janemba (Black)
- Salsa, Goku (Super Saiyan Blue), Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue), Xeno Goku (Super Saiyan 4), Xeno Vegeta (Super Saiyan 4), Xeno Trunks (Super Saiyan God), Xeno Pan and Putine vs. Janemba (Black)
- Salsa and Putine vs. Janemba (Black)
List of characters killed by Salsa
- Xeno Majin Buu - Salsa destroys Dark Demon God Buu with his Trick of Tornado.
- Xeno Janemba - Salsa destroys Dark Demon God Buu with his Trick of Tornado, also destroying Xeno Janemba, whom Xeno Majin Buu had absorbed.
- Xeno Lord Slug - Salsa destroys Slug with the same attack used to kill Xeno Majin Buu.
- Much like many of the other Demon Gods appearing in various Dragon Ball media, Salsa's name comes from a sauce, specifically .