Rip in the Universe (次元に亀裂!!ブウがキレちゃった!?, Jigen ni Kiretsu!! Bu ga Kirechatta!?) is the seventeenth episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred seventieth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut version of the Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on July 12, 1995. Its original American air date was November 11, 2002.
The episode starts off with Super Buu fighting Super Vegito. Super Buu simply cannot beat Super Saiyan Vegito. Not being able to defeat Vegito, Super Buu gets really angry, so he digs deep into his well of power and tries to blow a hole through the universe with his Vice Shout. The sky turns dark and Vegito comments that the Earth's energy is around them.
Dende says this would cause all life to end, as the universe would collapse. Then Dende has a flashback of when Super Buu ripped a hole through the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Vegito tries to beat Super Buu senseless so he can not complete the attack, but Super Buu has a shield around him. Vegito (with difficulty) finally breaks through and nails Super Buu, stopping the attack. He then taunts Super Buu, telling him to use his ability on him.
"It's not much fun being hunted down, is it Majin Buu? Being hunted just the way you hunted down our friends. DOES IT HURT?!?!"
- While Super Buu digs deep into his well of power, Dende tells Mr. Satan that this is what Buu did in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. He knew this because he saw Majin Buu coming out of the different dimensions at the Lookout.
- Yamcha wears his Turtle School uniform again in this episode.
- While fighting Olibu and Gorilla, in one scene the Turtle badge is not on Yamcha's clothes but in the scene the turtle badge appears.
- During the fight with Olibu and Gorilla, Yamcha is seen without a halo.
- This is the first time that Super Buu refers to himself as 'Super Buu'.
- This is the first time that Super Buu fires steam from his head when he is angry.