"Have you forgotten your pride, Kakarot? We are Saiyans, the mightiest warriors in the universe. I can still remember the day that we first sent you to this planet as an infant. We had high hopes for you then Kakarot, why have you not carried out your mission? Kakarot!"
Raditz (ラディッツ Radittsu) is a mid-class Saiyan warrior, the biological brother of Goku and the eldest son of Bardock and Gine. He is one of the four known remaining Saiyans left alive after his home world was destroyed. He seeks out Goku in order to recruit him to conquer more planets.
Raditz is the main antagonist of the Raditz Saga.
Raditz's appearance consists of extremely long, spiky black hair with a prominent widow's peak, brown and black colored Battle Armor in the same style as the rest of Frieza's soldiers, with boots, armored gloves, and a scouter that is blue in the manga and green in the anime. Additionally, he wears two accessory bands that are white in the manga and red in the anime: one is tightened around his left arm, and the other on his left leg. Raditz also inherits Bardock's eyes and complexion.
Raditz may be the only Saiyan whose hair actually grows longer as he grows up, which carries over into his Super Saiyan 3 form.
Raditz can also be quite a coward when facing death, as he kept struggling and begging desperately with his usually arrogant attitude when facing Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon. Apparently, unlike most Saiyans in general, especially Goku, Raditz fears death greatly. He was only willing to accept his death when he arrogantly believed his comrades would revive him with the Dragon Balls. His cowardice might explain his weakness compared to Vegeta and Nappa, as a cowardly Saiyan is unlikely to suffer life-threatening injuries, meaning he would have had fewer opportunities to get a power boost from Saiyan Power like his father and younger brother.
He claims that he wants to anger Goku in order to get his Saiyan blood boiling, so he could realize his Saiyan heritage and get him to join the remaining Saiyan clan in collecting planets for Frieza. He is extremely proud of his Saiyan heritage, like Vegeta and makes many comments on it, even explaining the near extinction of the Saiyans. He is also very disgusted to learn Goku's tail has been cut off and mocks and ridicules him for forgetting his mission to depopulate the Earth, due to an injury to Goku's head when he was a baby. He also mocks Goku for becoming soft and becoming a part of the Earth's population. He seems confident that Goku will join him, Nappa and Vegeta. While kidnapping Gohan, he mocks his nephew for crying, telling him he is a Saiyan, he has no problem whatsoever killing his brother or his nephew without hesitation in stark contrast to his parents who are shown to value family (especially in the manga). In some ways, Raditz seems to take after Vegeta for glorifying the Saiyan race and killing anyone who is either a threat or, in the cases of Goku and Gohan, refuses to live up to the expectations of their barbarous lifestyle. It could be said that his elite Saiyan comrades may have been a bad influence on him due to their strong Saiyan pride and ruthlessness. Additionally it is likely that his brutality is partially a result of the surviving Saiyans serving the tyrant Frieza who is also known to have a corrupting influence on those in his employ, thus Raditz may have become just as ruthless in order to adapt and survive working under the remorseless tyrant along with his surviving Saiyan comrades.
Raditz also is very dependent on his scouter, and when a power level gets too high (close to his level), he assumes it is broken. Raditz displays a high level of confidence in his power level and his strength, and is very arrogant. During his time on Earth, he did not take Piccolo and Goku seriously and severely underestimated them due to their low power reading. Also, he lies when he tells Goku that he is a first class warrior, and that he would not hesitate to kill his own brother if he had to. Raditz's power level being only 1,500, shows that he is in fact at lower level status (although he simply may have been referring to the fact that he behaves like a first-class warrior, thus cold-hearted and uncaring towards anyone but himself). Before dying, Raditz states that he has no doubt Nappa and Vegeta will bring him to life with the Dragon Balls. Nappa actually does consider using the wish to revive Raditz, but Vegeta instead chooses to wish for immortality, claiming that Raditz deserved to die for his incompetence.
The only instance where Raditz displays a positive side is when he shows genuine grief and remorse for Goku after they have both been hit by Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, lamenting how Goku would sacrifice himself for what he saw as low level trash, showing that he did value his brother's life in his own way. While he himself did try to kill his own brother, Raditz may have justified it in his mind that at least Kakarot would die at the hands of a fellow Saiyan.
In the Frieza Saga, Raditz is shown greatly affronted for receiving no praise from Frieza, Dodoria, or Zarbon after he conquered planet Shikk along with Vegeta and Nappa. He was also mortified that Vegeta would abandon avenging his race, especially when rumors escalated in regards to Frieza's involvement in Planet Vegeta's destruction. This shows that like his parents he cares about his race and that he is eager to avenge them though only with the aid of his Saiyan comrades presumably due to being fully aware he is not strong enough to tangle with Frieza on his own.
It its implied that some of Raditz's more brutal tendencies could be the result of having grown up around the ruthless elite Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa, who tended to think little of Raditz due to his lower battle power - despite Raditz being one of the mid-class warriors, making him stronger than most other Saiyans. One possible reason for Raditz's coming to Earth was to prove himself useful by recruiting his younger brother (and possibly Gohan once he learned of the boy's existence) giving their group another Saiyan warrior to make conquering planets for Frieza much easier and possibly to one day rebel against Frieza. His attempts to anger and even kill his brother instead of leaving him in peace may have also been due to him being fully aware that weaker warriors like himself and his brother would not be capable of defeating Nappa and Vegeta who would likely not take to kindly to Raditz if he allowed his brother and nephew to live peacefully on Earth. This is implied in the What-If scenario Fateful Brothers, in which Raditz loses his memory and ends up bonding with his brother and nephew, only to become conflicted when his memory returns, though ultimately chooses to sacrifice his life by ramming his Attack Ball into Nappa and Vegeta's Attack Balls, killing all three of them. Before sacrificing himself, Raditz also states that behind Nappa and Vegeta is an even greater monster, referring to Frieza.
The nature of Raditz's relationship with his parents is unknown though it is implied that he did grow up around them for a time as he recognized his brother due to his resemblance to their father. It is known that Gine loved both her children and was proud that Raditz was assigned to invade a planet with Prince Vegeta in Dragon Ball Minus. However it is implied that his relationship with his father is strained though he apparently does respect his father. Various video games that show them interacting together support this as Bardock tends to be cold towards Raditz, though this may be due to him being aware of his actions during the Raditz Saga thanks to his ability to see the future from the TV special. In Xenoverse 2, if the warrior is training under Bardock then Raditz will be surprised that they are training under him and even reveals that his father never taught him anything before asking why his father would train them over his own son. During a special instructor event, Raditz and his father end up having a reunion inside Orange Star High School. Raditz is surprised his father is alive and asks how he became an instructor, though Bardock asks him if he ever shuts up and states he doesn't know where he gets it from, before noting he seems to have grown a bit and asks Raditz if he wants to see how he'd fair against his father. Raditz notes to the Future Warrior afterwards at how annoyed he is that his father never even let him know he was alive and states that his father's thinking reeks of Saiyan. Bardock himself notes to the Future Warrior that Raditz is just a low-class warrior and that he doesn't have much of a power level either, though he admits he respects Raditz's stubbornness and states that he never thought he'd see him again.
In Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, the events that lead Raditz being sent to Earth are shown. Like Nappa, Raditz is shown to fear Vegeta especially when he threatens to kill him if he continues to be a hindrance to their missions as he notes that they would have conquered the planet they are on sooner if he wasn't a weakling and Nappa insults Raditz by referring to him by his unofficial nickname "Raditz the Runt" which he hates. Raditz remembers his brother as a result of Vegeta's threats and Vegeta allows him to go to Earth to retrieve him which Raditz hopes will put him in better standing with his comrades as another Saiyan will bolster their forces. However as his ship approaches Earth he wonders what his brother has been doing as he hadn't heard anything that suggested the planet had been conquered and upon arrival discovers that the Earthlings haven't been exterminated. He is also shown to be aware of Namekians like Nappa as he notes to himself that Piccolo is one upon encountering him and wonders what a Namekian would be doing on Earth though unlike Nappa he keeps this knowledge to himself. When Raditz is revived in Age 763 ironically by his killer Piccolo, Raditz despite Vegeta's threats to kill him for being weak, he truly believed his comrade Vegeta would revive him as he assumed that was the case before Piccolo reveals he revived him. Piccolo is quick to point out that Vegeta isn't the type to revive someone who lost so easily. Raditz however makes the excuse that he was caught off guard for a second. Piccolo offers him a chance to prove it by fighting him basically giving Raditz a chance to avenge his death. However he is no match for the Super Namekian who had fused with Nail and had recently survived the epic battles against Frieza on Namek. Piccolo notes that the difference between Raditz and Goku is that Goku doesn't complain when he loses (as losing only spurs him to grow stronger). However Raditz like Vegeta, holds on to his pride as a Saiyan warrior, and swears that with training he can grow stronger than the Dragon Team (he is unaware that his brother has recently acquired Super Saiyanhood). Intrigued Piccolo offers that he train with them which Raditz accepts though it is a temporary truce as Raditz plans to surpass them and hasn't truly given up on his evil ways. This shows that Raditz like Vegeta at the time he is willing to ally himself with his former enemies in hopes of one day surpassing them.
Raditz was born to Bardock and Gine sometime before Age 736. Raditz was born with a power level high enough to become an upper-level warrior and was assigned to the same group as Nappa, later Vegeta was added to the group too.
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Raditz is on an extraterrestrial planet with the Saiyan prince, Vegeta. Raditz and Vegeta hear the message from Frieza through their scouters that he needs the Saiyans to return to Planet Vegeta. Raditz questions if they're returning to the planet but Vegeta wants them to pretend as though they didn't hear it.
Between Jaco and Dragon Ball Z
In an anime only flashback in the Frieza Saga, sometime after the genocide of the Saiyans, Raditz along with Nappa and Vegeta return from their conquest on planet Shikk. However, they are met with insult rather than congratulations by Dodoria, Zarbon, and Frieza. While Raditz is visibly hurt and angered at this, Nappa loses control and tries to attack Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria, but Vegeta orders his comrade to stand down, knowing that he would not stand a chance against them.
Dragon Ball Z
At the start of Dragon Ball Z, Raditz arrives on Earth in a space pod, in search of a man named "Kakarot," later revealed to be Goku. After he incapacitates a farmer who found his space pod, Raditz detects a power reading on his scouter and assumes it is Goku. He tracks down the source of the energy and comes face to face with Piccolo, Goku's mortal enemy at the time. Raditz asks Piccolo where he can find "Kakarot", but Piccolo refuses to tell him, warning him to leave Earth at once. Raditz laughs at Piccolo, who fires a powerful attack at Raditz, leaving him unscathed, which shocks Piccolo. Just as Raditz prepares to destroy Piccolo, he detects another power level, and this time he knows that it is Kakarot, the one he is looking for.
Raditz tracks the power level down to the Kame House, where Goku was introducing his son Gohan to Bulma, Krillin, Master Roshi, and Turtle, while also enjoying a reunion. Raditz identifies Goku as Kakarot, and informs Goku that he is his big brother, who arrived on Earth to find him. When Goku asks where Raditz came from, Raditz tells Goku that they are both Saiyan warriors, and tells him the history of the Saiyan race and their entrepreneurial ways of conquering planets and selling them for profit. Goku and Krillin express their disgust at Raditz and tell him to leave.
Krillin proposes to escort him off the island, which results in him being smacked in the face by Raditz's tail, thus revealing his tail, one just like Goku used to have and which Gohan has. When it becomes clear to Raditz that Goku is not coming with him, Raditz sends Goku plummeting to the ground with a powerful knee strike to the stomach and kidnaps Gohan (who still has a Saiyan tail), holding him for ransom. He informs Goku that if he ever wants to see Gohan again, he should eliminate one hundred people from Earth and bring them all to him by the next day. Laughing, Raditz flies off with Gohan in his hands.
Later, he shuts the crying Gohan in his space pod, unable to stand his crying. Raditz is surprised to find that his scouter reported a power level of 710 for Gohan, which Raditz dismissed as a malfunction because it would mean that the child was even stronger than his father. Shortly afterwards, Raditz sees Goku and Piccolo who have joined forces to beat him, and since his scouter accurately warned him of their approach, he came to the realization that Gohan may actually be as strong as his reading said.
Seeing that Goku has not only refused to join him, but also brought Piccolo as a reinforcement, Raditz declares his younger brother a shame to their race and sentences him to death. A battle commences, and Raditz soon proves he is far stronger than both Goku and Piccolo combined and easily overwhelms them. Raditz even manages to blast off Piccolo's left arm. The tables turn when Piccolo reveals he created a special attack that may be able to kill Raditz, the Special Beam Cannon. However, the attack needs several minutes to charge up, meaning Goku has to fight Raditz alone for five minutes. As Piccolo prepares the attack, Goku and Raditz battle it out, yet Raditz easily takes the lead. Goku, however, leaps into the air and launches a Kamehameha.
Raditz is startled that he is able to increase his power into one spot, and is even more shocked to find Piccolo's rising as well. Before he can think, Goku launches his attack. Raditz tries to run from it, but cannot. He is, however, able to nullify it with his hands. Raditz then launches a more powerful attack back at Goku, badly wounding him and knocking him out of the sky. He tries to make the kill, but soon sees Piccolo's attack ready. To his dismay, the attack is too powerful for him to block, and he is shocked that Piccolo could summon that much power. Piccolo launches the attack, but Raditz is fast enough to dodge it, yet it does pierce through one of his shoulder pads, also injuring his shoulder. He almost kills Piccolo, but is stopped by Goku, who grabs Raditz's tail, causing immense pain. As Piccolo prepares the attack, Raditz begs for mercy from Goku with brotherly words ("I would never harm my own flesh and blood!"). Piccolo tries to warn Goku it is a trick, but the Saiyan's mercy gets the better of him. Goku lets go of Raditz's tail, and Raditz takes advantage by throwing his brother to the ground, stomping on his chest multiple times, crushing his ribs. Goku calls the trick dirty and Raditz in turn says that he is a first-class warrior, and never hesitates to kill anyone, even his own brother. He also edges Piccolo for his attack, but Piccolo says it is useless.
While Goku cries out in pain with Piccolo helplessly watching, a power suddenly erupts and Raditz's spacepod explodes. Just as Raditz prepares to kill Goku, an enraged Gohan emerges and flies straight into Raditz's chest, seriously injuring him. Incensed and in awe of the small child, Raditz whacks Gohan across the field and limps over to him, preparing to kill him in fear of his power, which he complimented as he approaches. Before this can happen, however, Goku grabs Raditz from behind in a full nelson, giving Piccolo enough time to power up another Special Beam Cannon. Raditz, fully aware that the beam will be enough to finish the both of them, implores Goku not to sacrifice himself for "these Earth dogs" and let him go, but Goku refuses. Piccolo fires the Special Beam Cannon and hits both Raditz and Goku square in the chest, mortally wounding them both.
As he lays dying, spitting blood and suffering on the ground, Raditz genuinely acknowledges Goku's death (as well as his own), but Piccolo tells him about the Dragon Balls, that will revive Goku shortly after the wish is made. Raditz, however, retorts that his scouter is also a transmitter, and his two Saiyan comrades have heard everything and will come for the Dragon Balls to wish him back. Laughing his head off, Raditz is finished off by Piccolo, and dies shortly before Goku does so. Using his scouter to transmit Piccolo's message, Raditz calls for help from his two fellow Saiyans, Nappa and Vegeta, who eventually journey to Earth to gather the Dragon Balls, not to revive Raditz (as Raditz believed), but for immortality. In the Other World, Raditz attempts to fight King Yemma, who overpowers him and sends Raditz to Hell.
After Goku dies, Bulma and Krillin remove Raditz's scouter from his corpse. Bulma modifies the scouter so it can display numbers rather than the alien symbols that are used by Frieza's forces. The scouter later explodes when the revived Goku powers up during his fight with Vegeta.
Dragon Ball Super
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga When Goku and Krillin were sent into a forest to retrieve a special herb for Master Roshi, an illusion of Raditz and many other villains from the Z-Fighters' past show up to challenge the duo.
Dragon Ball GT
Super 17 Saga
Main article: Super 17 Saga
Raditz can be seen in a cameo appearance in the news broadcast when he is escaping from Hell flying alongside Cooler, Android 19, and others thanks to Dr. Gero and Dr. Myuu opening a portal in the sky allowing all the past villains to escape from Hell. However, he was most likely defeated once more by the Dragon Team and sent back to Hell along with all the other past villains.
Main article: Dragon Ball Super: Broly
While on a mission with Vegeta, Nappa, and two other Saiyans, Raditz received a message by Frieza to return to Planet Vegeta but they all chose to ignore it. They then received a message that their homeworld was destroyed by a meteorite. When asked about his brother, Raditz said he must have still been in his nursing capsule back at home and didn't care about him dying as he was just a lower-class warrior. However, he was told by his mother where he was sent to before Planet Vegeta exploded.
Raditz also makes a cameo appearance when Goku mentions how a lot has happened to the Earth to Broly which shows Raditz being killed along with Goku while under Goku and Piccolo's Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon in his first fight against them during the Raditz Saga.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Dragon Ball SD
In a special Dragon Ball SD chapter, it is revealed that while they were young, teen Vegeta and Raditz made a trip with a shared space pod to Earth to help Raditz train overcoming his tail weakness, where they've met Goku (who was training in the woods after the Fortuneteller Baba Saga with his tail still growing back), unaware that he's a Saiyan too and Raditz's younger brother. They thought he was a native Earthling due to his shorter tail and help him train overcoming this tail weakness as well alongside his elder brother. Raditz seems to be bullied by Vegeta as whenever he's saying something the Saiyan prince doesn't like to hear he gets threatened by him. Once they've finished their training under Vegeta, Raditz and the Saiyan prince say their farewell to Goku and returned to Planet Frieza No. 79 but on their way there, the sleeping Raditz's tail hits the buttons and makes them crash on the planet and suffer from amnesia, and they couldn't tell the worried Nappa and an Appule's race soldier who found them where they have been.
Attack of the Saiyans
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans Goku is ordered by King Kai to stop Raditz's soul from creating havoc in Yemma Forest. There, Raditz is busy smashing King Yemma's tree and tries to eat the Ensenji, claiming that with the power of this fruit, he would surpass King Yemma himself. Goku says that he has trained under King Kai and Raditz did not train at all, making Raditz curious about Goku's increased power. Thus, Goku together with Gregory and Bubbles battle Raditz and win. Later, Raditz's ghost tries to get a Spirit Crystal, an object kept by Montgomery in the Yemma Forest, in order to obtain enough power to defeat King Yemma and take over Hell, but he is stopped once again by Goku.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu Raditz is revived for one day and fights Gohan as Fortuneteller Baba's fifth fighter while the boy was trying to locate the final Dragon Ball needed to resurrect his father, after he is defeated by Gohan he is sent back to Otherworld. After this, while Goku is returning from his training with King Kai, Raditz is seen at Princess Snake's palace and has formed a relationship with Princess Snake. This implies that Raditz may have escaped from Hell, as the Princess' palace is on the Snake Way.
Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 In the afterlife, Raditz is briefly summoned to King Kai's Planet as part of Goku's training with King Kai for fighting the Saiyans arriving at Earth, although Raditz seems to think that he was allowed a chance at revenge at Goku. Raditz and Goku engage in battle, Raditz apparently having become more powerful as he is capable of holding his own with the trained Goku, though in the end Goku defeats Raditz and then prepares to head off to confront Vegeta and Nappa.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- The Low-Class Warrior
- Raditz's Pride - Raditz the Weakling
In Dokkan Battle, Raditz appears in his own Story Event "The Low-Class Warrior: Raditz's Pride" which occurs before the Raditz Saga. After destroying another planet's population, Nappa is notes they might get rewarded though a worn-out Raditz is unsure and complains about being beat from all the fighting and needs to get to a medical machine causing Vegeta mock him for acting like "he's a Prince" and notes if it weren't for him holding them back they would have finished conquering the planet in less than three days. Insulted Raditz challenges Vegeta and Nappa which Vegeta accepts noting strength is all that matters. Raditz tries his best to fight Vegeta but they effortlessly dodge his attacks. Vegeta eventually calls the fight and tells Raditz to accept his place as a low-class warrior. Nappa mocks Raditz as Vegeta says their next target will be much tougher before insulting Raditz by calling him radish boy while Raditz curses his own weakness.
- Father's Dream
Later while Raditz is sleeping, he has a dream of his destroyed home planet Planet Vegeta. Raditz notes it was destroyed thus is confused by his surroundings. Suddenly his father Bardock appears before him and calls Raditz pathetic for feeling sorry for himself and decides to toughen him up. Raditz fights Bardock and manages to win causing Bardock to note he can be strong when he tries before telling him that being a low-class or an elite doesn't matter as long as Raditz shows some Saiyan Grit then he'll do fine before disappearing. Raditz ponders his father's words briefly before thanking his father and the dream ends.
- Raditz's Pride
After awaking from his dream, Raditz having taken Bardock's words to heart decides to train by defeating a hoard of Saibamen. Through adapting to their quick movements Raditz increases his speed and strength to the point he is confident he can take on Vegeta and Nappa.
- Raditz's Battle
Following his training, Raditz confronts Vegeta and Nappa once more with both insulting him by calling him radish boy. Nappa reveals he knows about Raditz's secret training which Raditz confirms is true. Vegeta notes Raditz has increased his strength in a short spell of time and suggests testing the fruits of his labor. Raditz shows enough improvement to preveil in a brief spar. Nappa and Vegeta recognize Raditz's strength and he is permitted to accompany them on their next assignment which Vegeta notes will be tough but plans to take it in one day to force Frieza to acknowledge them. Raditz asks how they will manage such a feat causing Vegeta to reveal he plans to recruit Raditz's younger brother Kakarot, noting that with him they'll be four men strong. Remembering brother was sent to Earth, Raditz sets a course for Earth leading to the events of the Raditz Saga.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse The Time Breakers empower Raditz so that when Goku and Piccolo use the Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon, Raditz is able to break free causing only Goku to be hit by the attack, Raditz then kills Piccolo.
The Future Warrior goes back to the start of the battle with Raditz to put the timeline back to normal. Raditz manages to avoid Gohan's charge thanks to his dark power up, however the combined might of Future Warrior, Goku, and Piccolo weakens Raditz enough that when Goku puts him into a Full-Nelson he is unable to break free, and thus he and Goku are killed by the Special Beam Cannon. These alterations are later erased and the original timeline is restored when Chronoa puts the Scroll of Eternity back together following the warrior's fixing of the timeline.
Trunks: Xeno takes the Future Warrior on their first Parallel Quest in a time fragment timeline naturally produced as a side effect of correcting history in where they encounter Raditz during an Ultimate Finish after defeating some Saibamen. Raditz appears as an enemy in several other parallel quest timelines. From on of these timeline Raditz appears in Toki Toki City seeking an ally to help him defeat his brother and Piccolo. The Future Warrior can agree to assist him in order to unlock the Parallel Quest for his timeline. In this quest Raditz and the Future Warrior team up to take down Piccolo and Goku. If they are defeated with Raditz's health is over 50% then change occurs in the time fragment causing an Ultimate Finish scenario to trigger where Kid Gohan (Dragon Ball Hat & Qipao) appears and attacks them for hurting his father. Defeating him results in an Ultimate Finish and unlocks Kid Gohan's Qipao costume skillset. Upon returning to Conton City, Raditz is pleased with his victory before returning to his timeline. This quest then becomes accessible at the Parallel Quests information reception in Time Machine Station allowing it to be revisited for training. In another later in another quest, the Future Warrior can help Raditz and Nappa in their confrontations with Full Power Frieza, Adult Gohan, Gotenks, Vegeta, and Goku as they challenge them to prove they don't need to be Super Saiyans to prevail over these foes. If cleared with both surviving, a change occurs resulting in them confronting Vegito which results in an Ultimate Finish if he is defeated.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
During the animated Time Patroller recruitment video, a still picture of Raditz and Goku being killing by the Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon is shown as an example of a history correction after a scene shows a still picture of a history change where only Goku is killed.
- Raditz's Attack Saga
Like in Xenoverse, Raditz appears in the new Future Warrior's first Time Patrol mission where once again the events of his battle with Goku and Piccolo have been altered. Under the influence of Dark Magic, Raditz manages to dodge a Special Beam Cannon and attacks him with a ki blast which injures Piccolo. Suddenly the Future Warrior appears in the air nearby but due to being new to time travel they forget to use flight and fall to the ground, ruining their entrance. Recovering they join Goku in fighting Raditz who initiates the fight by attacking the pair with Weekend though both manage to dodge it. Elder Kai admonishes the Warrior for their lousy entrance via the Time Nest's communications before explaining their job is to defeat Raditz whom Elder Kai calls a "Nasty Turd" due to his evil nature, while Chronoa notes he is stronger than he was in the proper timeline. Goku worries about Piccolo only for him to reveal he is okay and prepares another Special Beam Cannon while Goku and the warrior distract Raditz. Raditz is still confident as he considers the warrior mere trash and even tries to intimidate his brother, Piccolo, and the warrior by telling them that his two Saiyan comrades are stronger than he is. However the warrior and Goku manage to weaken him enough for Goku and Piccolo to defeat him with the Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon restoring the timeline. However unbeknownst to any of them Turles and Lord Slug have been watching their fight.
During the main story's epilogue, Trunks: Xeno's claim to Goku that he is the stronger Time Patroller due to being at it longer than either of the two Future Warriors after Goku asks who of them is stronger, Old Kai points out that this doesn't mean he'd be the better fighter and mentions Goku becoming stronger than his brother as an example of this.
Dragon Ball Fusions
Main articles: Dragon Ball Fusions and Dragon Ball Fusions the Manga!! Raditz and Nappa first appear, having been summoned to the Timespace Rift as a result of Tekka and Pinich's wish to Shenron, to compete in the Timespace Tournament, and wondering where Vegeta is. The two encounter Tekka's team since Goten and Trunks were looking to fight them, Raditz faces Gotenks and manages to briefly gain the upperhand when Gotenks is distracted by Tekka losing, but is eventually defeated by Gotenks. After the battle, due to seeing the power of the fusion, Raditz and Nappa vow to try it for themselves.
Raditz and Nappa encounter Tekka's team later and meets his brother's younger self Kid Goku who had recently joined Tekka's team. He recognizes his brother's younger self and refers to him by his saiyan name, though Kid Goku ignorant of his Saiyan heritage does not understand that Raditz is referring to him when he calls him Kakarot and humorously asks Raditz if he needs to go to the bathroom or something when he mishears his saiyan name. Having learned the Fusion Dance via mimicry, Raditz and Nappa fuse into Natz. After Natz is defeated and defuses, Raditz and Nappa tell Tekka's team that they will make them sorry for having crossed them and then retreat.
"(Come on, Kakarot, you've gotta get strong.)"
— Raditz revealing he wish to see his brother grow stronger in Dragon Ball Fusions
In Sub-Event: "Saiyan Saga: Brotherly Love", Tekka's team encounter Raditz and Nappa near the Capsule Corporation. Raditz is disgusted by his Kid Goku's low power level. Kid Goku having learned of his Saiyan heritage while in the Timespace Rift, must prove himself by landing three Kamehameha attacks on some Saibamen grown by Raditz and Nappa. After Goku succeeds, it is revealed that despite his animosity towards his brother, Raditz is shown to care for his little brother's growth as a warrior showing that deep down part of him cares for his little brother.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot During the first chapter Stop the Saiyan Invasion, Raditz is shown in his Attack Ball as it flies through space where he has a flashback to him and his comrades Nappa and Vegeta. In the flashback, his dialog box he is briefly referred to as Long-haired Man when he notes it won't be much longer before the planet they are invading is theirs. However Intimidating Man (Vegeta) notes it would have been theirs much sooner if Raditz had done his job. Raditz apologizes for his failure, causing Brawny Man (Nappa) to say that's why everyone calls him "Raditz the Runt". Raditz angrily retorts things will be different on the next planet. Vegeta swears that if Raditz screws up again he will kill him. Frightened by Vegeta's words, Raditz suddenly remembers his little brother Kakarot was sent to a different planet and bets he is still there. Vegeta is actually surprised by this (apparently having forgotten Raditz mentioning it shortly after they were informed of Planet Vegeta's destruction) and didn't think there were any Saiyans left besides the three of them. Raditz notes that if he joins them the rest of the Universe will be theirs in no time. Vegeta however notes he is not exactly full of confidence considering he is Raditz's brother before asking what planet he was sent to. Raditz states he thinks it was called "Earth". The flashback ends with Raditz sitting inside his space pod, noting to himself that he hadn't heard anything about him conquering the planet and begins to wonder what his brother is doing unaware his parents sent Kakarot off world to save him from Frieza's planned genocide. Raditz's space pod continues on its journey towards Earth as the "Attack of the Saiyans" beings.
During Saiyan Saga Episode 1, Goku and Gohan make it to Kame House before Raditz's Spaceship reaches Earth and as a result Goku sees Raditz's pod in the sky from the island where Kame House sits and it leaves him uneasy. Raditz lands in the East Ravine Area near Lucca Village. There he is confronted by the Farmer who approaches Raditz's Landing Site on foot instead of in his pickup truck which is absent. The scene plays out with Raditz catching the Farmer's bullet and flicking it back at him. Raditz then detects Piccolo nearby while Piccolo who happens to notice the crash as he is in the East Ravine Area training and decides to investigate leading to his meeting with Raditz. During the encounter Raditz's thinking to himself notes Piccolo is a Namekian indicating he is aware of what Namekians look like however he keeps this knowledge to himself and simply wonders why a Namekian would be on Earth. After a brief battle, Raditz proves to powerful for Piccolo but his Scouter detects his brother and he flies to Kame House. Raditz finally mets his estranged brother and Goku notices he has a tail without Raditz attacking Krillin with it like in the main series. Raditz tells Goku his Saiyan name and history as well as his desire to recruit him. Goku refuses and a brief battle ensues but again Raditz is too powerful and he defeats Goku before kidnapping Gohan. Piccolo and Goku team up to take down their common enemy. They use the Dragon Radar to track Gohan's location thanks to the Four-Star Dragon Ball Hat which Goku and Chi-Chi had given to Gohan shortly before he and his father left to go to Kame House.
Piccolo and Goku confront Raditz at the Landing Site which acts as the game's first true boss battle. After fighting against Raditz with Piccolo as a support, Piccolo has Goku take on Raditz alone so he can charge up the Special Beam Cannon. Eventually Goku grabs Raditz's tail but he begs for his life causing Goku to let go allowing Raditz to brutally attack his brother, causing Gohan to break out of the pod and hit Raditz with Leave My Daddy Alone! which weakens his uncle enough that Goku is able to put Raditz in a Full-Nelson. Piccolo finishes charging and both brothers are killed by the Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon. Before Raditz dies, Piccolo mentions the Dragon Balls will be used to revive Goku which is relayed to his comrades. Due to Piccolo losing his Demon Clansman status, Raditz and his brother pass on to Other World where Raditz briefly tries to fight with King Yemma. Raditz's Landing Site becomes a landmark in the East Ravine Area. Most of the locals assume it was caused by a meteor but some such as the Occult-Loving Woman in Lucca Village believe it was a UFO as she finds the prospect more exciting.
"A low-class Saiyan warrior and Goku's older brother. His knee-length hair makes him stand out among the other Saiyans. Though his face somewhat resembles Goku's, his personality could not be more different. He is cold and heartless, even kidnapping his own nephew when Goku refused to join him and the other remaining Saiyans. Secrets of Raditz 1: Raditz traveled alongside Vegeta and Nappa as they went from planet to planet wrecking havoc. He is not as strong as his fellow higher-ranking Saiyans and is easily crippled when his tail is grabbed. This earned him the unofficial nickname of "Raditz the Runt," though he still proved difficult for Goku and Piccolo."
— Raditz Z-Encyclopedia Summary in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
During the Sub Story, "Foreboding Fear", Bulma reveals she sent Capsule Corporation personal to investigate the wreckage at Raditz's Landing Site with her father also joining the recovery efforts in hopes of reverse engineering the technology. She also asks Gohan to check to see if they missed anything. He finds a Mysterious Chip which Bulma discovers is a communications chip albeit with some burnt circuitry. However she manages to get a poor quality audio file off the chip which features the Saiyans talking about Frieza having an eye on the planet they've been sent to though the audio breaks up whenever Frieza's name is said. Bulma assumes it has nothing to do with them due failing to understand what they are talking about though the narration text foreshadows their eventually encounter with the Frieza Force on Namek which would put the audio they heard into context.
During "Mysterious Power Reading", it is revealed that Bulma fixed Raditz's Scouter after it blew when she was reading Goku's power level during the fight with Vegeta as it is operational following Vegeta's defeat. The Scouter detects a power level too high for Master Roshi to deal with so she has Gohan investigate. Gohan finds Saibamen near Raditz's Landing Site and defeats them. After recovering a High-Quality Carrot near where the Saibamen were, he returns to Bulma. He asks her why Saibamen would be at the Landing Site and she surmises the pod contained a Saibamen Set like the one Nappa used which got scattered and spilled when Gohan broke the pod. She also suspects some of the growth supplement got on a carrot near the landing site and caused to to grow into the High-Quality Carrot that Gohan found. During "Frieza Saga Episode 1", Gohan can find the Pilaf Gang investigating the Landing Site for wreckage as well hoping it will help Pilaf is his plans to conquer the Earth though given the site had already been investigated by the Capsule Corporation and by Gohan twice, they apparently are having trouble finding anything.
- Super Villainous Raditz
After the introduction of Villainous and Super Villainous Enemies, defeating all Villainous Enemies in the Central Plains Area will cause Super Villainous Raditz and Super Villainous Nappa to appear causing King Kai to warn the Dragon Team that they possess unworldly power and to be careful. Confronting the pair King Kai will note there energy is unimaginably strong and to be on guard (the aura they emit when viewed by Ki Sense is massive and greenish teal in color). This leads to a boss fight against the two Super Villainous Saiyans. After defeating them, it is revealed that the Demon Scientist Towa was behind their resurrection and empowerment. She notes her calculations were correct and is then seen standing nearby holding what appears to be Mira's core (implying she is from the period when she was working to rebuild Mira's after his defeat in Xenoverse before the events of Xenoverse 2) saying they will all continue to fight so that she can see to the completion of her masterpiece and Mira's core says that they will have to wait before he can show them his ultimate power. They then summon a Super Villainous Vegeta to gather more energy for Mira. Super Villainous Vegeta is joined by Super Villainous Raditz and Super Villainous Nappa forcing the Dragon Team to confront all three Super Villainous Saiyans.
- Revival in Age 763
"Wait. This is Earth, isn't it? A-Am I actually alive? I'm going to make that Namekian bastard pay for killing me!"
— Raditz after being revived in East Ravine in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
During the Intermission following the Frieza Saga, the Dragon Team can use the Dragon Balls to make wishes. If the wish "I want to fight Raditz again!" is selected, then it will bring Raditz back to life allowing Piccolo the opportunity to face him again on his own in Raditz's Sub Story. Raditz is revived at his Landing Site where he died and is joined by two Saibamen (presumably born from seeds from Raditz's Spaceship given their apparent loyalty towards him). If spoken to when Piccolo is not the leader of the player's party, he declares he's going to get revenge on the Namekian (referring to Piccolo).
- Sub Story Adventures - The Pride of the Warrior Race
If spoken to with Piccolo as the party leader, he sees Raditz back and the Saiyan asks what does he want. This leads to Raditz's Sub Story "The Pride of the Warrior Race". Piccolo asks how he feels to be revived by the one who killed him (he says this regardless of whether or not he was in the player's party when the wish was made) and Raditz is surprised as he assumed that his comrade Vegeta wished him back after he was killed. Piccolo however points out to him that Vegeta isn't the type to wish back someone who would lose so easily. Raditz however says that he was just caught off guard for a second. This causes Piccolo to suggest he take him on again effectively giving Raditz a chance to both avenge himself and his wounded Saiyan Pride. Piccolo (and any characters currently in his party acting as supports) faces off against Raditz and his two Saibamen lackeys. After Piccolo defeats Raditz, he can't believe how strong Piccolo is and starts complaining. Piccolo tells him the difference between him and Goku is that Goku doesn't complain when he loses. However Raditz says he still has his Saiyan Pride and says that he can get stronger if he trains. Intrigued, Piccolo suggests he train with the DZ Warriors which Raditz accepts saying they will be laying before his feet once he gets stronger. Thus the Sub Story ends with Raditz remaining on Earth in order to surpass Piccolo and Z Warriors by training with them. Completing this Sub Story unlocks Raditz's Soul Emblem.
- Manga and Anime
Raditz was able to take a point-blank attack from Piccolo and emerge unharmed, and was able to scare the Namekian just by his mere presence. While fighting Piccolo and Goku together, even with their weighted clothing removed, neither could land a single blow on Raditz. Despite Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon being able to land the finishing blow, Raditz was fast enough to dodge the first attack, which prompted Goku to sacrifice his life to hold him in place to take the second.
It is stated by Nappa that his power level rivals that of the Saibaman, who have power levels of over 1,200. Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon against Raditz is stated to be 1,330 which worried Raditz. In the anime, the power level of the second Special Beam Cannon is stated to be 1,440, which Raditz said could finish him off. However, Raditz had been weakened by an enraged Gohan which may have allowed Piccolo's attack to be strong enough as even Goku could hold Raditz down while severely injured.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
Toriyama said when speaking of the Saibaman that "their battle power is considerably high, at a level slightly inferior to Raditz", suggesting Raditz' power level to be greater than 1,200.
Raditz's power level when he fought Goku and Piccolo was 1,600.
- Dragon Ball Fusions the Manga!!
In Dragon Ball Fusions the Manga!!, Raditz has improved to the point that he possesses enough power to hold his own against Gotenks for a short period of time, and even briefly gains the upperhand when he blinds him with a ki blast, however in the end he is defeated.
- Video Games
In the Xenoverse series, while under the influence of Dark Magic Raditz is shown to be strong enough to escape Goku's Full-Nelson and dodge Gohan's rage-powered tackle. He can also dodge Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon in Xenoverse 2 without it hitting him (in the manga/anime part of his armor was damaged by the blast when he dodged it during Piccolo's first attempt) at all. However both Future Warriors are shown to be strong enough to weaken him with the assistance of Goku (and Piccolo in Xenoverse) allowing him to be killed by Goku and Piccolo as in the original history. In Xenoverse 2, Chronoa notes during the Raditz's Attack Saga that he is stronger than he was in the proper timeline.
Several characters in Xenoverse comment on Raditz's weakness with even his father lamenting that Raditz is a low-class warrior with a weak power level. During the main story's epilogue, Elder Kai mentions Goku surpassing his brother as an example that being older and more experienced does not make one the better fighter when refuting Trunks: Xeno's claim that he is stronger than the two Future Warriors due to being more experienced. However, despite Raditz's weakness, Mira utilizes his Weekend technique as one of his Ultimate Skills and Piccolo notes in Xenoverse 2 that Raditz should have an excellent eye for fighting techniques seeing as how he is Goku's brother and encourages the Warrior to learn everything he can teach them to make themselves a better Time Patroller indicating that while he himself is weak, his techniques are not.
In Dokkan Battle, during the Story Event "The Low-Class Warrior: Raditz's Pride" that takes place before the Raditz Saga, Raditz is beat and wants to use a medical machine to recover after successfully conquering a planet with Vegeta and Nappa. He is also unable to hit Vegeta or Nappa when he challenges them after being insulted. However a dream encounter with Bardock on Planet Vegeta encourages Raditz to train by fighting Saibamen. His increased power is noted by Vegeta to have improved in such a short amount of time and Raditz wins a brief sparring match with Vegeta and Nappa who recognize his strength allowing him to join them in their next assignment after he retrieves his estranged brother Kakarot from Earth.
In Kakarot, due to his being weaker than his fellow Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa he earned the unofficial nickname of "Raditz the Runt" and during a flashback, Vegeta notes Raditz has caused them to be slower in conquering the planet they are on. Vegeta notes that if Raditz continues to drag them down due to his weakness he will kill him. This causes Raditz to remember his brother and is allowed to go to Earth to retrieve him which he hopes will help him save face. After being killed by Piccolo and then being revived with the Dragon Balls by Piccolo in Age 763, he despite having too Saibamen as supports he is outclassed by Piccolo who is a Super Namekian following his fusion with Nail. However Raditz is convinced he could surpass Piccolo if he trained which causes Piccolo to suggest he prove it by training with the Dragon Team. Additionally the Super Villainous Raditz (a different one than the one Piccolo revives) is summoned by Towa along with Super Villainous Nappa to gather energy for Mira's body-less core is powerful enough to cause King Kai to consider him and Super Villainous Nappa a serious threat to the Dragon Team.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Tail Attack – A technique used by those who have tail in order to attack their opponents. They can use it to whip or constrict the opponent.
- Heavy Finish - The user attacks with a powerful punch, elbow, kick, or knee that hits the opponent in the stomach. This will leave the opponent damaged and briefly stunned, allowing the user to launch further assaults against the stunned opponent. The attack can also be launched in the back of the opponent, inflicting even more damage, and will then also stun the opponent for a longer period of time. Some versions not only land a blow to the stomach, but even go as far as to penetrate it.
- I'm A Top-class Warrior! – Raditz quickly charges past the opponent as he says "Death is near!" and elbows them from behind onto the ground, inflicting great damage.
- Behind You! – Raditz faces away from his opponent then kicks out behind him as they closes in, sending them rolling away.
- Saturday Crush – Raditz holds his right hand high in the air and forms a pink energy sphere that he fires off at the opponent, inflicting a great amount of damage.
- Saturday Crash – Used in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
- Shining Friday – Raditz raises his hand and charges purple and orange electricity. He then forms the electricity in a large, purplish-pink energy sphere and strikes the opponent with it at close range, inflicting a large amount of damage.
- Vacation Delete - Used in the Xenoverse series as part of his Battle Suit 2 and Battle Suit 3 skillsets.
- Begone! – Raditz raises his hand up in the air, and creates a small blue and white energy sphere. Then, he fires it at his opponent in the form of a large energy wave, inflicting a great amount of damage.
- Double Sunday – Raditz raises both of his arms up and charges two purple energy spheres. He then brings his hands forward and fires the energy spheres in the form of two energy waves at the opponent, inflicting a great amount of damage.
- Weekend - Used in the Xenoverse series as part of Raditz's Battle Suit 1 skillset. Also used by Raditz as a Super Attack in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle.
- Afterimage – An ability to move so swiftly that an image of the user is left behind.
- Super Afterimage - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Super Ki Explosion - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Ultimate Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Super Afterimage - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Two Knuckle Punch – A punch used by Raditz. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Exciting Year – Used in the Budokai series.
- Weekly Special – Used in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai.
- Day Crush – Raditz's grapple throw in the Budokai series.
- Dynamite Monday – A High Speed Rush used in the Budokai series.
- Cyclone Monday - A roundhouse kick that produces a razor sharp vortex. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot as one of his Super Attacks.
- Diving Elbow Smash – Used in Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu.
- Chop Beam – Used in Taiketsu.
- Fire Somersault – Used in Taiketsu.
- Explosive Wave – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Ki Explosion - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Full Power – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Saiyan Soul – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Chou Makouhou – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Gigantic Rock Throw – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Howl – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Sleep – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Black Monday – A rush attack used by Raditz in Burst Limit.
- Max Energy Blast – A variation of the Exploding Wave used in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
- Didn't Think You'd Fall For That! – Raditz's signature attack in the Raging Blast series.
- Cancel Counter – A technique used in Zenkai Battle where Raditz interrupts his opponent's attack and counters.
- Scouter: On – A supportive technique used in Zenkai Battle. Raditz switches his scouter on, allowing him to detect opponents and have more accuracy in his attacks.
- Machinegun Rush – A melee rush used in Zenkai Battle.
- Mimicry - Raditz uses this ability in Dragon Ball Fusions and its manga adaption to learn the Fusion Dance after witnessing Goten and Trunks use it.
- Fusion Dance - Used in Dragon Ball Fusions and its manga adaption.
- Sledgehammer - Used by Raditz as one of his Super Skills in his Battle Suit 3 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Energy Charge - A ki charging technique used by Raditz as one of his Super Skills in his Battle Suit 1 and Battle Suit 2 skillsets in Xenoverse 2.
- Full Power Charge - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Maximum Charge - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Full Power Charge - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Rise to Action - One of Raditz's Super Skills in his Battle Suit 3 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Spread Shot Retreat - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Evasive Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Full Power Energy Wave - Used by Raditz as one of his Ultimate Skills in his Battle Suit 2 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Bomber DX - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Genocide Shell - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Giant Storm - After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Ultimate Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased in Partner Customization.
- Great Ape
Main article: Great Ape
While Raditz has never transformed into a Great Ape in the manga/anime, he has a tail and, by extension, the ability to turn into one, which is shown in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and Super Dragon Ball Heroes. While transformed, Raditz has no mental control like a common low class Saiyan soldier. Raditz keeps his long hair in this form.
- Villainous Mode
Main article: Villainous Mode
Raditz is given the first stage Villainous Mode power-up by Towa in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. When using the power up, Raditz's eyes glow red, his skin darkens, he gains a purple and black aura temporarily, causing his power to increase to beyond what it was historically.
- Super Saiyan 3
Main article: Super Saiyan 3
In this form, Raditz's eyebrows vanish as a characteristic of the form, but like Vegeta and Gotenks, he does not have a bang. His hair grows beyond his feet. Raditz gains the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan 3 in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the first mission of the original series.
- Unnamed evil form
In Dragon Ball Legends, After realizing that Vegeta has turned against him, Raditz becomes overwhelmed with rage and takes on an as-of-yet unknown form. His voice becomes distorted and he gains a dark purple aura, in gameplay terms, he levels up significantly and becomes a 'Dark type' character. Zahha and Shallot comment that his ki skyrockets and becomes very intense.
- Super Villainous
In Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, Raditz can appear as a Super Villainous Enemy. His Super Villainous state resembles Villainous Mode and first stage Supervillain state, however Super Villainous Raditz has a sinister evil crimson aura. In this state his energy is unimaginably strong and it is refered to as an unworldly power by King Kai. In this state Raditz is much stronger and a dangerous threat given King Kai's reaction. It is later revealed that Super Villainous Raditz was summoned and empowered by Towa to collect energy to complete the construction of a new body for Mira who is in his core form.
He maintains most of his appearance from Nappa but has a small tuft of hair on top of his head. He adorns the ordinary Metamoran Attire, with the addition of Raditz green scouter model.
The EX-Fusion counterpart of Natz, he maintains most of Nappa's appearance but has Raditz' longer hair and outfit. He was introduced in Dragon Ball Fusions.
The EX-Fusion of Raditz and Turles in Dragon Ball Fusions. He maintains Turles look by face, but has Raditz long hair with a tuft of hair in the front and a version of Raditz's outfit with Turles' color scheme. They also have a red visor scouter.
- Attack Ball - A one-person space pod used by Saiyans to travel through space and invade planets. Crash landed in Spinach Wastes and was later demolished by an enraged Gohan.
- Scouter - Like most Saiyans, Raditz uses a Scouter to detect and read power levels. However he like most members of the Frieza Force, he tends to rely too much on his Scouter readings causing him to get overconfident and assumes his Scouter is broken when confronted by his brother, nephew, and Piccolo's ability to raise their power levels an ability he himself is apparently unfamiliar with. This lead to him underestimating his opponents until it was too late. However his Scouter also acts as a communicator which is linked with his follow Saiyans Scouters allowing Vegeta and Nappa to learn of Raditz's death, his brother's refusal to join his fellow Saiyans, and the existence of the Dragon Balls. Like all Scouters used by the Frieza Force, it is unable to detect Godly ki. Raditz's Scouter would later be taken by Bulma and fixed though it was eventually destroyed while reading Goku's rapidly raising power level during his later battle against the Saiyans. In the Xenoverse series, Raditz's Scouter model is called Scouter (Green).
- Battle Armor - Like most Saiyans, Raditz wears Frieza Force Battle Armor. In the Xenoverse series, Raditz's Battle Armor is named Battle Suit (Raditz).
- Metamo-Ring - In Dragon Ball Fusions, Raditz can use a Metamo-Ring and Fusion Dance to perform EX-Fusion
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z: Gekitō Tenkaichi Budōkai
- Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z: Goku Hishōden
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Kakusei-Hen
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku
- Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Sagas
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle Taikan Kamehameha 2 - Ossu Omee Gokū Tenkaichi Budōkai
- Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers
- Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
- Dragon Ball Online
- Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden
- Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z For Kinect
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden
- IC Carddass Dragon Ball
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X
- Dragon Ball Legends
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
In Harukanaru Densetsu, the deceased Raditz ends up working for Fortuneteller Baba as one of her fighters.
- Dragon Ball Z
- Dragon Ball Super
- Raditz (illusion), Tambourine (illusion), King Piccolo (illusion), Vegeta (illusion), Nappa (illusion), Ginyu (illusion), Burter (illusion), Jeice (illusion), Recoome (illusion), Guldo (illusion), Frieza (Final Form) (illusion), Cell (Perfect Form) (illusion), Super Buu (illusion), Dabura (illusion), Bulma (illusion), and Super Shenron (illusion) vs. Goku (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 3/Super Saiyan Blue) and Krillin (anime only)
- As with all other Saiyans in the series, Raditz's name is a pun on a vegetable, "radish" in this case. Raditz's family are all named after root vegetables (burdock, radish, and carrot).
- Coincidentally, in after the Kid Buu Saga in Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!, it is shown that his younger brother and his family have taken up radish farming.
- Raditz is one of the few, if not, the only character whose attacks are theme named. In Raditz's case, his techniques are named after days of the week. (e.g., Saturday Crush). In the Xenoverse series, this naming theme is expanded with names like Weekend and Vacation Delete (which is presumably a play on the term "vacation day").
- In the Japanese version, Raditz is Goku's only male biological relative not voiced by Masako Nozawa or in a similar high-pitched voice.
- During the Frieza Saga, Frieza assumes Raditz is Gohan's father. This is similar to in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road, when Bardock believes Gohan to be Turles' son.
- Raditz is the second deceased person related to Goku to have been returned to life by Fortuneteller Baba to work for her as one of her fighters which occurs in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu. The first was Goku's adoptive grandfather, Grandpa Gohan in the original manga and anime.
- The video games are the only Dragon Ball media where Bardock and Raditz are seen interacting:
- In Budokai 3, if Raditz wins a match against Bardock, he will say "Father..." as a Victory Quote.
- In the Budokai Tenkaichi 2 What-If story, "Fateful Brothers", after Raditz falls unconscious after a fight with Goku, he has a dream where he is standing in the mountains talking to his father in heaven where he admits he is a weakling, but then Bardock shows up and says "I don't care... you're still my son", Bardock then fights Raditz as a gift from father to son.
- In Budokai Tenkaichi 2, 3 and Raging Blast, if one plays Bardock against Raditz when Bardock wins, he will say "It'll be a sad day when one of my own sons can beat me."
- In Dokkan Battle during the Story Event ""Raditz's Pride! The Low Class Warrior", after being mocked and defeated by Nappa and Vegeta, Raditz has a dream of Planet Vegeta and encounters his father who fights him to teach him a lesson in believing in himself and with enough grit he can grow stronger. After the dream ends, Raditz resolves to get stronger and decides to train against some Saibamen which allows him to get strong enough to impress his comrades and leads Vegeta to send him to Earth to recruit his younger brother Kakarot.
- In Xenoverse 2, there is a special instructor event between him and his father at Orange Star High School after the Future Warrior has achieved maximum friendship with both Bardock and Raditz. It unlocks a special mark called Like Father Like Saiyan. Raditz is surprised his father is alive and working as an instructor, while Bardock is annoyed by his questions though notes he has grown and offers to fight him to see how he measures up. Raditz however is somewhat hurt that his father never thought to tell him he was alive before noting that his father's way of thinking is typically Saiyan. Bardock notes his son's weakness though respects his stubbornness before saying he never thought they would see each other again.
- In Raging Blast, Raditz has special dialogue with the Ginyu Force, implying that they met at some point not shown in the past.
- In the Budokai Tenkaichi series and the Raging Blast series, Raditz's alternate costume is colored yellow, similar to the Battle Armor worn by Nappa.
- In Dragon Ball FighterZ, one of Nappa's alternate costume colors causes his battle armor to have the same color as Raditz's Battle Armor. Presumably it is a reference to Raditz who is not playable in FighterZ.
- Although it wasn't by name, Raditz was given a mention by Piccolo during a conversation with Android 21, as the latter was explaining how he and Goku had begun fighting on the same side.
- In Dragon Ball FighterZ, one of Nappa's alternate costume colors causes his battle armor to have the same color as Raditz's Battle Armor. Presumably it is a reference to Raditz who is not playable in FighterZ.
- In an early Dragon Ball Z board game, Raditz's scouter is colored red like Vegeta's.
- As of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, Raditz and Nappa are the only Saiyans known to have jumped past both the first two levels of Super Saiyan and straight to Super Saiyan 3. Additionally Raditz's hair grows even longer as a Super Saiyan 3 giving him the longest hair of any other Super Saiyan 3.
- However Nappa later attains his Super Saiyan form in Xenoverse 2.
- Interestingly, both Raditz and his father use Green Lens Scouters. According to the Xenoverse series the model used by Bardock is two generations older while Raditz's is one generation old (while the Ginyu Force use the latest green lens model), though it makes sense that his Scouter would be one generation newer than his fathers.
- Ironically when Captain Ginyu stole Goku's body he wore his green lens Scouter (the newest model used by the Ginyu Force).
- Despite his actions, Goku has no problems in calling him his brother, was due to finding out from King Yemma that Raditz was indeed his brother.
- Raditz is often spoke about in disgust from his other family. For example, when Gohan recalls his kidnapping. However in the Xenoverse series, Goten doesn't seem to mind his uncle as much due to not having been around during the Raditz Saga, though he does mistakenly and humorously call him Mr. Radish (referencing Raditz's naming pun) when asking what he is talking about to himself (Raditz is griping about Kakarot living among Earthlings far too long after learning he has another child).
- In Xenoverse 2, if the warrior is training under Raditz and speaks to Goku he will say "Raditz?! What evil is he up to now?! He says he's my brother, but no brother of mine could be as evil as he is! No way, nun-uh! Promise me you won't listen to a thing he says, okay? Promise me!" His negative opinion of his brother is surprising given how forgiving Goku is to his enemies (even evil ones like Frieza) yet won't even consider forgiving his own brother. Goku's negative opinion is likely due to Raditz's attempts to kill both his brother and Gohan despite his claimed blood relationship. Presumably Goku simply refuses to accept Raditz as family due to the bad blood between them.
- Goku and Raditz's sibling rivalry and hatred of one another is ironically not unlike the relationship between Cooler and his younger brother Frieza who are known to be normally at odds with one another (except when they have a common enemy) and fully willing to kill the other if the opportunity presented itself. However, their relationships differ in that Goku and Raditz don't get along due to Goku's rejection of his violent Saiyan heritage which Raditz embraces, while Frieza and Cooler share the same ruthless personalities and simply see one another as competition for the control of the Universe. Also Cooler and Raditz both arrogantly hold their younger siblings in contempt and tend to perceive them as weaker than themselves, only for said siblings to surpass them within the main series (Goku became a Super Saiyan, while Frieza achieved his Golden Frieza form).
- Ironically, his comrade Vegeta has a far better relationship with his younger brother Tarble, despite his weakness and gentle nature being an embarrassment to the Saiyan royal family (to the point Vegeta apparently never even told his wife or son that he had a sibling until he was forced to reveal it when Tarble showed up on Earth). However in Vegeta's case he had reformed by the time he encountered his younger brother whom erroneously believed that Vegeta was the one who defeated Frieza (though Vegeta's son from the Future did kill Frieza in the main timeline), thus explaining why Vegeta got along with him so well. This is even more ironic when one considers the idea that the formerly evil Prince Vegeta was potentially a bad influence on the weaker Raditz (in addition to him serving under Frieza who is known to have a corrupting influence on his subordinates due to his ruthlessness, which he generally encourages among those that serve him).
- Raditz is also similar to Piccolo's elder brother Tambourine as both are elder siblings who's younger siblings have turned their back on the evil ways of their families (both Bardock and Gine invaded planets as members of the Saiyan Army despite becoming a loving couple and parents, while the Demon Clan terrorized the people of Earth in the name of their father Demon King Piccolo) as Goku rejected the evil planet conquering ways of the Saiyans and Piccolo lost his Demon Clan status around the time he teamed up with Goku to take down Raditz and eventually gave up on conquering the Earth as the reborn Demon King after befriending Gohan. Both also remained dead after being killed by each other's respective younger sibling (Goku killed Tambourine while Piccolo killed Raditz). Additionally their younger siblings would eventually surpasses them (Goku would become a Super Saiyan and rival of Vegeta while Piccolo fused with Nail and Kami becoming a Super Namekian and the most powerful Namekian alive in Universe 7).
- During the Frieza Saga, Frieza noted the familial resemblance between Raditz and his nephew Gohan. Since he had not encountered Goku by that point, he concluded that he was Raditz's son as Raditz was the only Saiyan he knew who was alive until recently that resembled the boy.
- He says the same thing when confronting Kid Gohan in the Xenoverse series, though Gohan corrects him by proudly stating he is Goku's son (presumably due to his dislike of his uncle for kidnapping and try to kill him).
- Ironically it was Raditz's arrival on Earth that lead to Piccolo teaming up with Goku, which lead to Piccolo's training of Gohan after Raditz and Goku's deaths. Additionally his coming to Earth lead to Goku's training under King Kai to combat Vegeta and Nappa's invasion of Earth, which in turn lead to the Battle on Planet Namek. Thus he ultimately played a role in the downfall off Frieza's empire which he served under with Vegeta and Nappa before his death. This is somewhat fitting when one considers his father's heroic final stand against Frieza during the Genocide of the Saiyans which Raditz himself was unaware of along with the events he inadvertently set into motion by attempting to recruit his young brother.
- In the Xenoverse series when fighting Goku's various Super Saiyan forms, Raditz will ask his brother if he really is Kakarot due to his change in appearance (and presumably due to Raditz's disbelief that his little brother might have acquired power greater than his own.)
- Humorously when facing GT Goku in the Xenoverse series, Raditz assumes his brother can change both his power level and his age, unaware it is due to the power of the Black Star Dragon Balls.
- Ironically in Kakarot, he is revived by Piccolo and the Dragon Team in Age 763 after the Battle on Planet Namek. Piccolo gives Raditz a second chance to defeat him after he loses to the Super Namekian offering to let him train with the Dragon Team. However like the revived Nappa (who can also be revived by Gohan who wishes to train against him and gives him a second chance if he stops his evil ways) he only agrees to train with them in hopes of surpassing them and plans to return to his evil ways if he does so making them similar to Vegeta (who only remained allied with them after the Frieza Saga in hopes of attaining Super Saiyanhood in order to surpass his rival Kakarot).
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, 2020
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, 2020
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Dragon Ball Q&A7 Saiyan arc (Kanzenshuu translation). kanzenshuu.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Toriyama Saiyan Special Q&A (Kanzenshuu translation). kanzenshuu.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Dragon Ball Minus, 2014
- ↑ V-Jump, November 1991, text beneath Turles translates to: "Son Goku’s [older] brother also appeared as an enemy."
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, 2007
- ↑ Toriyama Saiyan interview part 3. twimg.
- ↑ DBZ Anime Special. kanzentai.
- ↑ Jump Gold Selection 4: Dragon Ball Z Anime Special, 1989
- ↑ Scan of a Battle Power statement. kanzentai.
- ↑ Weekly Jump, issue 31st, 1989
- ↑ Raditz info card Broly movie