Raditz (ラディッツ Radittsu) is the biological brother of Goku and the eldest son of Bardock and Gine. He was one of the four known remaining Saiyans left alive after his home world was destroyed. He seeks out Goku in order to recruit him to conquer more planets.
Raditz is the main antagonist of the Raditz Saga.
Raditz's appearance consists of extremely long, spiky black hair with a prominent widow's peak, brown and black colored Battle Armor in the same style as the rest of Frieza's soldiers, with boots, armored gloves, and a scouter that is blue in the manga and green in the anime. Additionally, he wears two accessory bands that are white in the manga and red in the anime: one is tightened around his left arm, and the other on his left leg.
Unlike his brother, Goku, his mother Gine and his father, Bardock, Raditz is harsh, brutal, and often arrogant like most Saiyan warriors. He does, however, give his brother a chance to become part of Frieza's empire, only attacking Goku when he refuses and protests against his plans. He likes to mock weaker opponents, and to mess around with them before actually finishing them off; as shown when constantly mocking Piccolo, and taking great pleasure in seeing his own brother Goku and nephew Gohan in pain. He is incredibly manipulative, begging Goku to let him go when Goku grabs his tail to weaken him. Goku does and Raditz damages him tremendously, and begins to crush his ribs, taunting him whilst laughing.
Raditz can also be quite a coward when facing death, as he kept struggling and begging desperately with his usually arrogant attitude when facing Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon. Apparently, unlike most Saiyans in general, especially Goku, Raditz fears death greatly. He was only willing to accept his death when he arrogantly believed his comrades would revive him with the Dragon Balls. His cowardice might explain his weakness compared to Vegeta and Nappa, as a cowardly Saiyan is unlikely to suffer life-threatening injuries, meaning he would have had fewer opportunities to get a power boost from Zenkai like his father and younger brother.
He claims that he wants to anger Goku in order to get his Saiyan blood boiling, so he could realize his Saiyan heritage and get him to join the remaining Saiyan clan in collecting planets for Frieza. He is extremely proud of his Saiyan heritage, like Vegeta and makes many comments on it, even explaining the near extinction of the Saiyans. He is also very disgusted to learn Goku's tail has been cut off and mocks and ridicules him for forgetting his mission to depopulate the Earth, due to an injury to Goku's head when he was a baby. He also mocks Goku for becoming soft and becoming a part of the Earth's population. He seems confident that Goku will join him, Nappa and Vegeta. While kidnapping Gohan, he mocks his nephew for crying, telling him he is a Saiyan, he has no problem whatsoever killing his brother or his nephew without hesitation in stark contrast to his parents who are shown to value family (especially in the manga). In some ways, Raditz seems to take after Vegeta for glorifying the Saiyan race and killing anyone who is either a threat or, in the cases of Goku and Gohan, refuses to live up to the expectations of their barbarous lifestyle. It could be said that his elite Saiyan comrades may have been a bad influence on him due to their strong Saiyan pride and ruthlessness. Additionally it is likely that his brutality is partially a result of the surviving Saiyans serving the tyrant Frieza who is also known to have a corrupting influence on those in his employ, thus Raditz may have become just as ruthless in order to adapt and survive working under the remorseless tyrant along with his surviving Saiyan comrades.
Raditz also is very dependent on his scouter, and when a power level gets too high (close to his level), he assumes it is broken. Raditz displays a high level of confidence in his power level and his strength, and is very arrogant. During his time on Earth, he did not take Piccolo and Goku seriously and severely underestimated them due to their low power reading. Also, he lies when he tells Goku that he is a first class warrior, and that he would not hesitate to kill his own brother if he had to. Raditz's power level being only 1,500, shows that he is in fact at lower level status (although he simply may have been referring to the fact that he behaves like a first-class warrior, thus cold-hearted and uncaring towards anyone but himself). Before dying, Raditz states that he has no doubt Nappa and Vegeta will bring him to life with the Dragon Balls. Nappa actually does consider using the wish to revive Raditz, but Vegeta instead chooses to wish for immortality, claiming that Raditz deserved to die for his incompetence.
The only instance where Raditz displays a positive side is when he shows genuine grief and remorse for Goku after they have both been hit by Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, lamenting how Goku would sacrifice himself for what he saw as low level trash, showing that he did value his brother's life in his own way. While he himself did try to kill his own brother, Raditz may have justified it in his mind that at least Kakarot would die at the hands of a fellow Saiyan.
In the Frieza Saga, Raditz is shown greatly affronted for receiving no praise from Frieza, Dodoria, or Zarbon after he conquered planet Shikk along with Vegeta and Nappa. He was also mortified that Vegeta would abandon avenging his race, especially when rumors escalated in regards to Frieza's involvement in Planet Vegeta's destruction. This shows that like his parents he cares about his race and that he is eager to avenge them though only with the aid of his Saiyan comrades presumably due to being fully aware he is not strong enough to tangle with Frieza on his own.
It its implied that some of Raditz's more brutal tendencies could be the result of having grown up around the ruthless elite Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa, who tended to think little of Raditz due to his status as a low class warrior - despite Raditz being one of the top low class warriors. One possible reason for Raditz's coming to Earth was to prove himself useful by recruiting his younger brother (and possibly Gohan once he learned of the boy's existence) giving their group another Saiyan warrior to make conquering planets for Frieza much easier and possibly to one day rebel against Frieza. His attempts to anger and even kill his brother instead of leaving him in peace may have also been due to him being fully aware that low class warriors like himself and his brother would not be capable of defeating Nappa and Vegeta who would likely not take to kindly to Raditz if he allowed his brother and nephew to live peacefully on Earth. This is implied in the What-If scenario Fateful Brothers, in which Raditz loses his memory and ends up bonding with his brother and nephew, only to become conflicted when his memory returns, though ultimately chooses to sacrifice his life by ramming his Attack Ball into Nappa and Vegeta's Attack Balls, killing all three of them. Before sacrificing himself, Raditz also states that behind Nappa and Vegeta is an even greater monster, referring to Frieza.
The nature of Raditz's relationship with his parents is unknown though it is implied that he did grow up around them for a time as he recognized his brother due to his resemblance to their father. It is known that Gine loved both her children and was proud that Raditz was assigned to invade a planet with Prince Vegeta in Dragon Ball Minus. However it is implied that his relationship with his father is strained though he apparently does respect his father. Various video games that show them interacting together support this as Bardock tends to be cold towards Raditz, though this may be due to him being aware of his actions during the Raditz Saga thanks to his ability to see the future from the TV special. In Xenoverse 2, if the warrior is training under Bardock then Raditz will be surprised that they are training under him and even reveals that his father never taught him anything before asking why his father would train them over his own son. During a special instructor event, Raditz and his father end up having a reunion inside Orange Star High School. Raditz is surprised his father is alive and asks how he became an instructor, though Bardock asks him if he ever shuts up and states he doesn't know where he gets it from, before noting he seems to have grown a bit and asks Raditz if he wants to see how he'd fair against his father. Raditz notes to the Future Warrior afterwards at how annoyed he is that his father never even let him know he was alive and states that his father's thinking reeks of Saiyan. Bardock himself notes to the Future Warrior that Raditz is just a low-class warrior and that he doesn't have much of a power level either, though he admits he respects Raditz's stubbornness and states that he never thought he'd see him again.
Raditz was born to Bardock and Gine sometime before Age 736. Raditz was born with a power level high enough to become an upper-level warrior and was assigned to the same group as Nappa, later Vegeta was added to the group too. During the time of Planet Vegeta's destruction, as a child at the time, Raditz was away on a mission with Prince Vegeta and was spared the fate of many of his race, including his mother and father, thanks to Vegeta deciding that they will ignore the order to return to Planet Vegeta. Sometime before the destruction of Planet Vegeta, Raditz is told by his father what happened to his brother. In an anime only flashback in the Frieza Saga, sometime after the genocide of the Saiyans, Raditz along with Nappa and Vegeta return from their conquest on planet Shikk. However, they are met with insult rather than congratulations by Dodoria, Zarbon, and Frieza. While Raditz is visibly hurt and angered at this, Nappa loses control and tries to attack Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria, but Vegeta orders his comrade to stand down, knowing that he would not stand a chance against them.
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Raditz is on an extraterrestrial planet with the Saiyan prince, Vegeta. Raditz and Vegeta hear the message from Frieza through their scouters that he needs the Saiyans to return to Planet Vegeta. Raditz questions if they're returning to the planet but Vegeta wants them to pretend as though they didn't hear it.
Dragon Ball Z
At the start of Dragon Ball Z, Raditz arrives on Earth in a space pod, in search of a man named "Kakarot," later revealed to be Goku. After he incapacitates a farmer who found his space pod, Raditz detects a power reading on his scouter and assumes it is Goku. He tracks down the source of the energy and comes face to face with Piccolo, Goku's mortal enemy at the time. Raditz asks Piccolo where he can find "Kakarot", but Piccolo refuses to tell him, warning him to leave Earth at once. Raditz laughs at Piccolo, who fires a powerful attack at Raditz, leaving him unscathed, which shocks Piccolo. Just as Raditz prepares to destroy Piccolo, he detects another power level, and this time he knows that it is Kakarot, the one he is looking for.
Raditz tracks the power level down to the Kame House, where Goku was introducing his son Gohan to Bulma, Krillin, Master Roshi, and Turtle, while also enjoying a reunion. Raditz identifies Goku as Kakarot, and informs Goku that he is his big brother, who arrived on Earth to find him. When Goku asks where Raditz came from, Raditz tells Goku that they are both Saiyan warriors, and tells him the history of the Saiyan race and their entrepreneural ways of conquering planets and selling them for profit. Goku and Krillin express their disgust at Raditz and tell him to leave.
Krillin proposes to escort him off the island, which results in him being smacked in the face by Raditz's tail, thus revealing his tail, one just like Goku used to have and which Gohan has. When it becomes clear to Raditz that Goku is not coming with him, Raditz sends Goku plummeting to the ground with a powerful knee strike to the stomach and kidnaps Gohan (who still has a Saiyan tail), holding him for ransom. He informs Goku that if he ever wants to see Gohan again, he should eliminate one hundred people from Earth and bring them all to him by the next day. Laughing, Raditz flies off with Gohan in his hands.
Later, he shuts the crying Gohan in his space pod, unable to stand his crying. Raditz is surprised to find that his scouter reported a power level of 710 for Gohan, which Raditz dismissed as a malfunction because it would mean that the child was even stronger than his father. Shortly afterwards, Raditz sees Goku and Piccolo who have joined forces to beat him, and since his scouter accurately warned him of their approach, he came to the realization that Gohan may actually be as strong as his reading said.
Seeing that Goku has not only refused to join him, but also brought Piccolo as a reinforcement, Raditz declares his younger brother a shame to their race and sentences him to death. A battle commences, and Raditz soon proves he is far stronger than both Goku and Piccolo combined and easily overwhelms them. Raditz even manages to blast off Piccolo's left arm. The tables turn when Piccolo reveals he created a special attack that may be able to kill Raditz, the Special Beam Cannon. However, the attack needs several minutes to charge up, meaning Goku has to fight Raditz alone for five minutes. As Piccolo prepares the attack, Goku and Raditz battle it out, yet Raditz easily takes the lead. Goku, however, leaps into the air and launches a Kamehameha.
Raditz is startled that he is able to increase his power into one spot, and is even more shocked to find Piccolo's rising as well. Before he can think, Goku launches his attack. Raditz tries to run from it, but cannot. He is, however, able to nullify it with his hands. Raditz then launches a more powerful attack back at Goku, badly wounding him and knocking him out of the sky. He tries to make the kill, but soon sees Piccolo's attack ready. To his dismay, the attack is too powerful for him to block, and he is shocked that Piccolo could summon that much power. Piccolo launches the attack, but Raditz is fast enough to dodge it, yet it does pierce through one of his shoulder pads, also injuring his shoulder. He almost kills Piccolo, but is stopped by Goku, who grabs Raditz's tail, causing immense pain. As Piccolo prepares the attack, Raditz begs for mercy from Goku with brotherly words ("I would never harm my own flesh and blood!"). Piccolo tries to warn Goku it is a trick, but the Saiyan's mercy gets the better of him. Goku lets go of Raditz's tail, and Raditz takes advantage by throwing his brother to the ground, stomping on his chest multiple times, crushing his ribs. Goku calls the trick dirty and Raditz in turn says that he is a first-class warrior, and never hesitates to kill anyone, even his own brother. He also edges Piccolo for his attack, but Piccolo says it is useless.
While Goku cries out in pain with Piccolo helplessly watching, a power suddenly erupts and Raditz's spacepod explodes. Just as Raditz prepares to kill Goku, an enraged Gohan emerges and flies straight into Raditz's chest, seriously injuring him. Incensed and in awe of the small child, Raditz whacks Gohan across the field and limps over to him, preparing to kill him in fear of his power, which he complimented as he approaches. Before this can happen, however, Goku grabs Raditz from behind in a full nelson, giving Piccolo enough time to power up another Special Beam Cannon. Raditz, fully aware that the beam will be enough to finish the both of them, implores Goku not to sacrifice himself for "these Earth dogs" and let him go, but Goku refuses. Piccolo fires the Special Beam Cannon and hits both Raditz and Goku square in the chest, mortally wounding them both.
As he lays dying, spitting blood and suffering on the ground, Raditz genuinely acknowledges Goku's death (as well as his own), but Piccolo tells him about the Dragon Balls, that will revive Goku shortly after the wish is made. Raditz, however, retorts that his scouter is also a transmitter, and his two Saiyan comrades have heard everything and will come for the Dragon Balls to wish him back. Laughing his head off, Raditz is finished off by Piccolo, and dies shortly before Goku does so. Using his scouter to transmit Piccolo's message, Raditz calls for help from his two fellow Saiyans, Nappa and Vegeta, who eventually journey to Earth to gather the Dragon Balls, not to revive Raditz (as Raditz believed), but for immortality. In the Other World, Raditz attempts to fight King Yemma, who overpowers him and sends Raditz to Hell.
After Goku dies, Bulma and Krillin remove Raditz's scouter from his corpse. Bulma modifies the scouter so it can display numbers rather than the alien symbols that are used by Frieza's forces. The scouter later explodes when Goku powers up during his fight with Vegeta.
Dragon Ball Super
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga When Goku and Krillin were sent into a forest to retrieve a special herb for Master Roshi, an illusion of Raditz and many other villains from the Z-Fighters' past show up to challenge the duo.
Dragon Ball GT
Super 17 Saga
Main article: Super 17 Saga
In the Super 17 Saga, Raditz can be seen in a cameo appearance in the news broadcast when he is escaping from Hell flying alongside Cooler, Android 19, and others thanks to Dr. Gero and Dr. Myuu opening a portal in the sky allowing all the past villains to escape from Hell. However, he was most likely defeated once more by the Z Fighters and sent back to Hell along with all the other past villains.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Dragon Ball SD
In a special Dragon Ball SD chapter, it is revealed that while they were young, teen Vegeta and Raditz made a trip with a shared space pod to Earth to help Raditz train overcoming his tail weakness, where they've met Goku (who was training in the woods after the Fortuneteller Baba Saga with his tail still growing back), unaware that he's a Saiyan too and Raditz's younger brother. They thought he was a native Earthling due to his shorter tail and help him train overcoming this tail weakness as well alongside his elder brother. Raditz seems to be bullied by Vegeta as whenever he's saying something the Saiyan prince doesn't like to hear he gets threatened by him. Once they've finished their training under Vegeta, Raditz and the Saiyan prince say their farewell to Goku and returned to Planet Frieza No. 79 but on their way there, the sleeping Raditz's tail hits the buttons and makes them crash on the planet and suffer from amnesia, and they couldn't tell the worried Nappa and an Appule's race soldier who found them where they have been.
Attack of the Saiyans
Main article: Attack of the Saiyans In Attack of the Saiyans, Goku is ordered by King Kai to stop Raditz's soul from creating havoc in Yemma Forest. There, Raditz is busy smashing King Yemma's tree and tries to eat the Ensenji, claiming that with the power of this fruit, he would surpass King Yemma himself. Goku says that he has trained under King Kai and Raditz did not train at all, making Raditz curious about Goku's increased power. Thus, Goku together with Gregory and Bubbles battle Raditz and win. Later, Raditz's ghost tries to get a Spirit Crystal, an object kept by Montgomery in the Yemma Forest, in order to obtain enough power to defeat King Yemma and take over Hell, but he is stopped once again by Goku.
Main article: Harukanaru Densetsu In Harukanaru Densetsu, Raditz is revived for one day and fights Gohan as Fortuneteller Baba's fifth fighter while the boy was trying to locate the final Dragon Ball needed to resurrect his father, after he is defeated by Gohan he is sent back to Otherworld. After this, while Goku is returning from his training with King Kai, Raditz is seen at Princess Snake's palace and has formed a relationship with Princess Snake. This implies that Raditz may have escaped from Hell, as the Princess' palace is on the Snake Way.
Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Main article: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 In the afterlife, Raditz is briefly summoned to King Kai's Planet as part of Goku's training with King Kai for fighting the Saiyans arriving at Earth, although Raditz seems to think that he was allowed a chance at revenge at Goku. Raditz and Goku engage in battle, Raditz apparently having become more powerful as he is capable of holding his own with the trained Goku, though in the end Goku defeats Raditz and then prepares to head off to confront Vegeta and Nappa.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse During the story mode of Dragon Ball Xenoverse, the Time Breakers empower Raditz so that when Goku and Piccolo use the Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon, Raditz is able to break free causing only Goku to be hit by the attack, Raditz then kills Piccolo.
The Future Warrior goes back to the start of the battle with Raditz to put the timeline back to normal. Raditz manages to avoid Gohan's charge thanks to his dark power up, however the combined might of Future Warrior, Goku, and Piccolo weakens Raditz enough that when Goku puts him into a Full-Nelson he is unable to break free, and thus he and Goku are killed by the Special Beam Cannon. These alterations are later erased and the original timeline is restored when Chronoa puts the Scroll of Eternity back together following the warrior's fixing of the timeline.
Trunks: Xeno takes the Future Warrior on their first Parallel Quest in a time fragment timeline naturally produced as a side effect of correcting history in where they encounter Raditz during an Ultimate Finish after defeating some Saibamen. Raditz appears as an enemy in several other parallel quest timelines. From on of these timeline Raditz appears in Toki Toki City seeking an ally to help him defeat his brother and Piccolo. The Future Warrior can agree to assist him in order to unlock the Parallel Quest for his timeline. In this quest Raditz and the Future Warrior team up to take down Piccolo and Goku. If they are defeated with Raditz's health is over 50% then change occurs in the time fragment causing an Ultimate Finish scenario to trigger where Kid Gohan (Dragon Ball Hat & Qipao) appears and attacks them for hurting his father. Defeating him results in an Ultimate Finish and unlocks Kid Gohan's Qipao costume skillset. Upon returning to Conton City, Raditz is pleased with his victory before returning to his timeline. This quest then becomes accessible at the Parallel Quests information reception in Time Machine Station allowing it to be revisited for training. In another later in another quest, the Future Warrior can help Raditz and Nappa in their confrontations with Full Power Frieza, Adult Gohan, Gotenks, Vegeta, and Goku as they challenge them to prove they don't need to be Super Saiyans to prevail over these foes. If cleared with both surviving, a change occurs resulting in them confronting Vegito which results in an Ultimate Finish if he is defeated.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
During the animated Time Patroller recruitment video, a still picture of Raditz and Goku being killing by the Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon is shown as an example of a history correction after a scene shows a still picture of a history change where only Goku is killed.
- Raditz's Attack Saga
Like in Xenoverse, Raditz appears in the new Future Warrior's first Time Patrol mission where once again the events of his battle with Goku and Piccolo have been altered. Under the influence of Dark Magic, Raditz manages to dodge a Special Beam Cannon and attacks him with a ki blast which injures Piccolo. Suddenly the Future Warrior appears in the air nearby but due to being new to time travel they forget to use flight and fall to the ground, ruining their entrance. Recovering they join Goku in fighting Raditz who initiates the fight by attacking the pair with Weekend though both manage to dodge it. Elder Kai admonishes the Warrior for their lousy entrance via the Time Nest's communications before explaining their job is to defeat Raditz whom Elder Kai calls a "Nasty Turd" due to his evil nature, while Chronoa notes he is stronger than he was in the proper timeline. Goku worries about Piccolo only for him to reveal he is okay and prepares another Special Beam Cannon while Goku and the warrior distract Raditz. Raditz is still confident as he considers the warrior mere trash and even tries to intimidate his brother, Piccolo, and the warrior by telling them that his two Saiyan comrades are stronger than he is. However the warrior and Goku manage to weaken him enough for Goku and Piccolo to defeat him with the Full-Nelson Special Beam Cannon restoring the timeline. However unbeknownst to any of them Turles and Lord Slug have been watching their fight.
- Academy Instructor
In Age 852 after the warrior has fixed more alterations to the Saiyan conflict made by Turles who is revealed to be working together with the Time Breakers and Lord Slug, Raditz will appears in Conton City as one of the Easy Class Time Patrol Academy instructors brought to Conton City by Elder Kai and Chronoa to train Time Patrollers. Raditz himself is unaware of this as he is only in the city to invade it though realizes there are lots of strong fighters around and ends up recruiting the Future Warrior as a spy, which the warrior uses as a cover to train under him after completing his Initiation Test. After passing this test they can recruit him as their active instructor which allows them to bond with Raditz as a teacher and causes Raditz to train them during certain Challenge Quests in which the warrior can practice various combat challenges. While training under Nappa as an instructor he mid-class warrior reveals that Raditz skipped Tail training day which is why he never overcame his weakness like Vegeta, Nappa, and Goku (who trained his at the behest of Grandpa Gohan before it was ultimately removed by Kami). If they speak to him while training under certain masters, Raditz will occasionally comment on their current masters such as Goku, Kid Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Vegeta, Nappa, Broly, Frieza, Dodoria, Zarbon, Captain Ginyu, and has father. Raditz is even shown to be aware of Broly and his father Paragus though he is surprised to hear Broly is still alive having heard they had been shot into vacuum space and even humorously notes that he has never heard of Saiyans surviving in a vacuum (which is ironic considering his brother and father have both notably fought in space). He will be surprised to learn that they are training under his father and reveals that he never learned anything from Bardock before asking why his father would choose to train them over his own son, indicating he is jealous. He also notes he heard that Turles was apparently on a secret mission which both he and Nappa believe contributed to his survival. Raditz notes that since Turles is a Saiyan survivor, he wants to recruit him unaware that he is a Saiyan Army deserter and leader of Turles Crusher Corps.
If the warrior manages to achieve maximum friendship with both Raditz and Bardock, then a special event can be triggered at Orange Star High School, in which Raditz and Bardock will meet. Both are surprised to see each other and Raditz begins asking him all sorts of questions though Bardock asks him if he ever shuts up and claims he doesn't known where he gets it from before noting his growth and asks Raditz if he'd like to take him on. Raditz tells the Warrior he wishes his father would have let him know he was still alive and notes that his father's thinking reeks of Saiyan referencing his father's seemingly uncaring attitude, however he is unaware that Bardock respects his stubbornness despite his low power level and notes he never thought he'd ever see his eldest son again, indicating he does care for Raditz in his own way. After this event is completed, the warrior unlocks a special mark for their Play Data profile depicting Raditz and Bardock called Like Father Like Saiyan.
After the 1.09.00 Update, Raditz acquires a custom skillset which can customized via the new Partner Customization feature which allows him to be customized as a partner who can join the Future Warrior in missions during the Infinite History Saga. This skillset allows him to learn various skills used by other characters such as Nappa's Giant Storm and Bomber DX skills. His clothing color, stats, and Super Souls can also be customized but certain options must be unlocked with TP Medals. Additionally he also gains a new type of Ultimate Skill known as a Dual Ultimate which are special two person team attacks. Once the warrior has achieved maximum friendship with Raditz they can speak to him. He notices they have gotten pretty good at using his techniques and as a reward gives them special permission to uses his dual ultimate DUAL Weekend together with him in battle. His dual ultimate is automatically available for Raditz's custom skillset even before it is unlocked by the Future Warrior. The skill allows the Future Warrior to team up with Raditz to attack a single opponent together using Weekend.
During the main story's epilogue, Xeno Trunks' claim to Goku that he is the stronger Time Patroller due to being at it longer than either of the two Future Warriors after Goku asks who of them is stronger, Elder Kai points out that this doesn't mean he'd be the better fighter and mentions Goku becoming stronger than his brother as an example of this.
Dragon Ball Fusions
Main articles: Dragon Ball Fusions and Dragon Ball Fusions the Manga!! Raditz and Nappa first appear, having been summoned to the Timespace Rift as a result of Tekka and Pinich's wish to Shenron, to compete in the Timespace Tournament, and wondering where Vegeta is. The two encounter Tekka's team since Goten and Trunks were looking to fight them, Raditz faces Gotenks and manages to briefly gain the upperhand when Gotenks is distracted by Tekka losing, but is eventually defeated by Gotenks. After the battle, due to seeing the power of the fusion, Raditz and Nappa vow to try it for themselves.
Raditz and Nappa encounter Tekka's team later and meets his brother's younger self Kid Goku who had recently joined Tekka's team. He recognizes his brother's younger self and refers to him by his saiyan name, though Kid Goku ignorant of his Saiyan heritage does not understand that Raditz is referring to him when he calls him Kakarot and humorously asks Raditz if he needs to go to the bathroom or something when he mishears his saiyan name. Having learned the Fusion Dance via mimicry, Raditz and Nappa fuse into Natz. After Natz is defeated and defuses, Raditz and Nappa tell Tekka's team that they will make them sorry for having crossed them and then retreat.
"(Come on, Kakarot, you've gotta get strong.)"
— Raditz revealing he wish to see his brother grow stronger in Dragon Ball Fusions
In Sub-Event: "Saiyan Saga: Brotherly Love", Tekka's team encounter Raditz and Nappa near the Capsule Corporation. Raditz is disgusted by his Kid Goku's low power level. Kid Goku having learned of his Saiyan heritage while in the Timespace Rift, must prove himself by landing three Kamehameha attacks on some Saibamen grown by Raditz and Nappa. After Goku succeeds, it is revealed that despite his animosity towards his brother, Raditz is shown to care for his little brother's growth as a warrior showing that deep down part of him cares for his little brother.
- Manga and Anime
Raditz was able to take a point-blank attack from Piccolo and emerge unharmed, and was able to scare the Namekian just by his mere presence. While fighting Piccolo and Goku together, even with their weighted clothing removed, neither could land a single blow on Raditz. Despite Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon being able to land the finishing blow, Raditz was fast enough to dodge the first attack, which prompted Goku to sacrifice his life to hold him in place to take the second.
It is stated by Nappa that his power level rivals that of the Saibaman, who have power levels of over 1,200. Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon against Raditz is stated to be 1,330 which worried Raditz. In the anime, the power level of the second Special Beam Cannon is stated to be 1,440, which Raditz said could finish him off. However, Raditz had been weakened by an enraged Gohan which may have allowed Piccolo's attack to be strong enough as even Goku could hold Raditz down while severely injured.
Though he is never seen using the Great Ape transformation, his power level in that form would be 12,000 since it multiplies the base power by ten.
In Dragon Ball Fusions the Manga!!, Raditz has improved to the point that he possesses enough power to hold his own against Gotenks for a short period of time, and even briefly gains the upperhand when he blinds him with a ki blast, however in the end he is defeated.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
Toriyama said when speaking of the Saibaman that "their battle power is considerably high, at a level slightly inferior to Raditz", suggesting Raditz' power level to be greater than 1,200.
Raditz's power level is 1,500 according to a double edition of Weekly Shonen Jump back in 1989. Daizenshuu 7 and the website for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods refer to Raditz as a strong Saiyan warrior.
- Video Games
In the Xenoverse series, while under the influence of Dark Magic Raditz is shown to be strong enough to escape Goku's Full-Nelson and dodge Gohan's Leave My Daddy Alone!. He can also dodge Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon in Xenoverse 2 without it hitting him (in the manga/anime part of his armor was damaged by the blast when he dodged it during Piccolo's first attempt) at all. However both Future Warriors are shown to be strong enough to weaken him with the assistance of Goku (and Piccolo in Xenoverse) allowing him to be killed by Goku and Piccolo as in the original history. In Xenoverse 2, Chronoa notes during the Raditz's Attack Saga that he is stronger than he was in the proper timeline.
Several characters in Xenoverse comment on Raditz's weakness with even his father lamenting that Raditz is a low-class warrior with a weak power level. During the main story's epilogue, Elder Kai mentions Goku surpassing his brother as an example that being older and more experienced does not make one the better fighter when refuting Xeno Trunks' claim that he is stronger than the two Future Warriors due to being more experienced. However despite Raditz's weakness Mira utilizes his Weekend technique as one of his Ultimate Skills and Piccolo notes in Xenoverse 2 that Raditz should have an excellent eye for fighting techniques seeing as how he is Goku's brother and encourages the Warrior to learn everything he can teach them to make themself a better Time Patroller indicating that while he himself is weak, his techniques are not.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Exciting Year – A High Power Rush used in video games. Raditz kicks the opponent up in the air, and then he kicks and punches them down again. Named in the Budokai series.
- Weekly Special – Raditz fires a rapid energy barrage at his opponents, inflicting great damage. Also called Full Power Energy Blast Volley.
- Heavy Finish - The user attacks with a powerful punch, elbow, kick, or knee that hits the opponent in the stomach.
- Day Crush – He grabs and punches his opponent. It is his grapple throw in the Budokai series.
- Dynamite Monday – A High Speed Rush used in the Budokai series. Raditz attacks his opponent with a flurry of kicks and punches before roundhouse kicking them away.
- Black Monday – A rush attack used by Raditz in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
- I'm A Top-class Warrior! – Raditz elbows the opponent from behind onto the ground, inflicting great damage.
- Behind You! – Raditz faces away from his opponent then kicks out behind him as they closes in, sending them rolling away.
- Saturday Crush – A large, powerful pink energy sphere fired from one hand. Called Saturday Crash in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and has a paralyzing effect.
- Saturday Crash – A larger, more powerful version of the Saturday Crush exclusive to Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
- Shining Friday – A super-powered version of the Saturday Crush in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit and Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Appears in both his Battle Suit 2 and Battle Suit 3 skillsets in Xenoverse 2.
- Vacation Delete - A stronger version of Saturday Crush that has a paralyzing effect. Used by Raditz in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and in Xenoverse 2 as part of his Battle Suit 2 and Battle Suit 3 skillsets.
- Begone! – A white Full Power Energy Wave fired from one hand.
- Double Sunday – A pink energy wave fired from both hands.
- Weekend - Raditz charges two pink energy spheres in both hands and fires them as a streaming energy wave. Used in Xenoverse and in Xenoverse 2 as part of Raditz's Battle Suit 1 skillset.
- DUAL Weekend - A two person team attack version of Weekend that appears as Raditz's Dual Ultimate Skill in Xenoverse 2 after the 1.09.00 Update. Automatically available for his custom skillset through Partner Customization. Allows him and the Future Warrior (or other Time Patroller NPCs) to attack as a pair with Weekend.
- Diving Elbow Smash – Raditz jumps in the air, focuses some energy onto his elbow, and lands an elbow on his opponent's skull. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu.
- Chop Beam – Raditz shoots an energy blast into the air with just one of his hands, and brings it down in a Karate Chop motion. Used in Taiketsu.
- Fire Somersault – Raditz jumps into the air, begins spinning so that flame forms around him, and then slams his body into his opponent, ensuring burning agony. Used in Taiketsu.
- Max Energy Blast – A variation of the Exploding Wave used in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
- Afterimage – A speed-based ability that allows the user to move at an incredibly fast pace. Raditz uses the technique to attack Goku with a powerful knee strike.
- Super Afterimage - A stronger version of the afterimage used by his father and brother in Xenoverse 2. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Explosive Wave – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the first Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Ki Explosion - An Explosive Wave Super Skill used in Xenoverse 2. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Super Ki Explosion - A stronger Ultimate Skill version of Ki Explosion used by his father in Xenoverse 2. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Ultimate Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 15 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Ki Explosion - An Explosive Wave Super Skill used in Xenoverse 2. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Full Power – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Saiyan Soul – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Tail Attack – Raditz can whip his opponents using his powerful tail. He uses this to whip Krillin in the face when the latter approaches him at Kame House.
- Didn't Think You'd Fall For That! – Raditz's signature attack in the Raging Blast series. He crouches and when getting attacked, he counters with an elbow strike. This technique comes from when he deceived and attacked Goku when he was grabbing his tail.
- Cancel Counter – A technique used in Zenkai Battle Royale where Raditz interrupts his opponent's attack and counters.
- Scouter: On – A supportive technique used in Zenkai Battle Royale. Raditz switches his scouter on, allowing him to detect opponents and have more accuracy in his attacks.
- Machinegun Rush – A melee rush used in Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Two Knuckle Punch – A punch used by Raditz. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Chou Makouhou – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Gigantic Rock Throw – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Howl – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Sleep – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Villainous Mode – Raditz is given the first stage Villainous Mode power-up by Towa in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. When using the power up, Raditz's eyes glow red, his skin darkens, he gains a purple and black aura temporarily, causing his power to increase to beyond what it was historically.
- Sledgehammer - Raditz cups his hands together and reels back, then slams their fists on the opponent. Used by Raditz as one of his Super Skills in his Battle Suit 3 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Energy Charge - A ki charging technique used by Raditz as one of his Super Skills in his Battle Suit 1 and Battle Suit 2 skillsets in Xenoverse 2.
- Full Power Charge - A ki charging Super Skill that charges ki faster than Energy Charge. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Maximum Charge - A ki charging Super Skill in that charges ki faster than Full Power Charge. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Full Power Charge - A ki charging Super Skill that charges ki faster than Energy Charge. After the 1.09.00 Update in Xenoverse 2, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Rise to Action - Slaps his cheeks to focus his mind and regain Stamina. One of Raditz's Super Skills in his Battle Suit 3 skillset in Xenoverse 2. Also available for his custom skillset via Partner Customization.
- Spread Shot Retreat - An evasive energy barrage used by his brother and nephew. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Evasive Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Full Power Energy Wave - A common Energy Wave technique used by many fighters, including his father Bardock and younger brother. Used by Raditz as one of his Ultimate Skills in his Battle Suit 2 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Bomber DX - A powerful energy wave technique used by Nappa. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Genocide Shell - A energy sphere Super Skill used by Nappa in the Xenoverse series which allows the user to fire four unmoving energy spheres forward. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Super Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 5 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Giant Storm - A Exploding Wave technique utilized his comrade Nappa which is capable of destroying an entire city. After the 1.09.00 Update, this Ultimate Skill can be added to Raditz's custom skillset after it has been purchased for 15 TP Medals in Partner Customization.
- Mimicry - Like his younger brother, Raditz is capable of learning techniques after seeing them performed once. Raditz uses this ability in the video game and manga adaption of Dragon Ball Fusions to learn the Fusion Dance after witnessing his nephew Goten and Kid Trunks use the technique to fuse into Gotenks.
- Fusion - Raditz is shown to be capable of perform several different types of Fusion in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Fusion Dance - Learned by Raditz and his Saiyan comrade Nappa via Mimicry after witnessing Goten and Trunks use the technique to form Gotenks. By performing the dance with Nappa, Raditz can fuse with him to create Natz.
- Five-Way Fusion - Outside of the main story of Dragon Ball Fusions, Raditz can fuse with 4 other people to create a powerful Ultra Fusion. If the fusion is initiated by Raditz himself, the resulting Ultra Fusion will be a male Saiyan.
Great Ape Main article: Great Ape
While Raditz has never transformed into a Great Ape in the manga/anime, he has a tail and, by extension, the ability to turn into one, which is shown in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and Super Dragon Ball Heroes. While transformed, Raditz has no mental control like a common low class Saiyan soldier. Raditz keeps his long hair in this form.
Super Saiyan 3 Main article: Super Saiyan 3
In this form, Raditz's eyebrows vanish as a characteristic of the form, but like Vegeta and Gotenks, he does not have a bang. His hair grows beyond his feet. Raditz gains the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan 3 in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the first mission of the original series.
Unnamed evil form
After realizing that Vegeta has turned against him, Raditz becomes overwhelmed with rage and takes on an as-of-yet unknown form. His voice becomes distorted and he gains a dark purple aura, in gameplay terms, he levels up significantly and becomes a 'Dark type' character. Zahha and Shallot comment that his ki skyrockets and becomes very intense.
He maintains most of his appearance from Nappa but has a small tuft of hair on top of his head. He adorns the ordinary Metamoran Attire, with the addition of Raditz green scouter model.
Rappa is the EX-Fusion counterpart of Natz, he maintains most of Nappa's appearance but has Raditz' longer hair and outfit. He was introduced in Dragon Ball Fusions.
Tutz is the EX-Fusion of Raditz and Turles from Video Game Dragon Ball Fusion. He maintains Turles look by face, but has Raditz long hair with a tuft of hair in the front and a version of Raditz's outfit with Turles' color scheme. They also have a red visor scouter.
- Scouter - Like most Saiyans, Raditz uses a Scouter to detect and read power levels. However he like most members of the Frieza Force, he tends to rely too much on his Scouter readings causing him to get overconfident and assumes his Scouter is broken when confronted by his brother, nephew, and Piccolo's ability to raise their power levels an ability he himself is apparently unfamiliar with. This lead to him underestimating his opponents until it was too late. However his Scouter also acts as a communicator which is linked with his follow Saiyans Scouters allowing Vegeta and Nappa to learn of Raditz's death, his brother's refusal to join his fellow Saiyans, and the existence of the Dragon Balls. Like all Scouters used by the Frieza Force, it is unable to detect Godly ki. Raditz's Scouter would later be taken by Bulma and fixed though it was eventually destroyed while reading Goku's rapidly raising power level during his later battle against the Saiyans. In the Xenoverse series, Raditz's Scouter model is called Scouter (Green).
Video Game Appearances
Raditz is a boss in Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden, Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan, Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu, Dragon Ball Z: Goku Hishōden, Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Kakusei-Hen, Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku, Dragon Ball Z: Sagas, Dragon Ball Z: Battle Taikan Kamehameha 2 - Ossu Omee Gokū Tenkaichi Budōkai, Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, and Dragon Ball Online. He appears in the opening cutscene of Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu and Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors.
Raditz is a playable character in Dragon Ball Z: Gekitō Tenkaichi Budōkai, the Budokai series, Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu, the Budokai Tenkaichi series, Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World, Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers, the Raging Blast series, Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team, Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, Dragon Ball Z For Kinect, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, IC Carddass Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, Dragon Ball Fusions, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and Dragon Ball Legends.
In Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, the deceased Raditz ends up working for Fortuneteller Baba as one of her fighters.
- Dragon Ball Z
- Dragon Ball Super
- Raditz (illusion), Tambourine (illusion), King Piccolo (illusion), Vegeta (illusion), Nappa (illusion), Ginyu (illusion), Burter (illusion), Jeice (illusion), Recoome (illusion), Guldo (illusion), Frieza (Final Form) (illusion), Cell (Perfect Form) (illusion), Super Buu (illusion), Dabura (illusion), Bulma (illusion), and Super Shenron (illusion) vs. Goku (Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 3/Super Saiyan Blue) and Krillin (anime only)
- As with all other Saiyans in the series, Raditz's name is a pun on a vegetable, "radish" in this case. Raditz's family are all named after root vegetables (burdock, radish, and carrot).
- Ironically in after the Kid Buu Saga in Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! it is shown that his younger brother and his family have taken up radish farming.
- Raditz is one of the few, if not, the only character whose attacks are theme named. In Raditz's case, his techniques are named after days of the week. (e.g., Saturday Crush). In the Xenoverse series, this naming theme is expanded with names like Weekend and Vacation Delete (which is presumably a play on the term "vacation day").
- In the Japanese version, Raditz is Goku's only male biological relative not voiced by Masako Nozawa or in a similar high-pitched voice.
- During the Frieza Saga, Frieza assumes Raditz is Gohan's father. This is similar to in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road, when Bardock believes Gohan to be Turles' son.
- Raditz is the second deceased person related to Goku to have been returned to life by Fortuneteller Baba to work for her as one of her fighters which occurs in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu. The first was Goku's adoptive grandfather, Grandpa Gohan in the original manga and anime.
- The video games are the only Dragon Ball media where Bardock and Raditz are seen interacting:
- In Budokai 3, if Raditz wins a match against Bardock, he will say "Father..." as a Victory Quote.
- In the Budokai Tenkaichi 2 What-If story, "Fateful Brothers", after Raditz falls unconscious after a fight with Goku, he has a dream where he is standing in the mountains talking to his father in heaven where he admits he is a weakling, but then Bardock shows up and says "I don't care... you're still my son", Bardock then fights Raditz as a gift from father to son.
- In Budokai Tenkaichi 2, 3 and Raging Blast, if one plays Bardock against Raditz when Bardock wins, he will say "It'll be a sad day when one of my own sons can beat me."
- In Xenoverse 2, there is a special instructor event between him and his father at Orange Star High School after the Future Warrior has achieved maximum friendship with both Bardock and Raditz. It unlocks a special mark called Like Father Like Saiyan. Raditz is surprised his father is alive and working as an instructor, while Bardock is annoyed by his questions though notes he has grown and offers to fight him to see how he measures up. Raditz however is somewhat hurt that his father never thought to tell him he was alive before noting that his father's way of thinking is typically Saiyan. Bardock notes his son's weakness though respects his stubbornness before saying he never thought they would see each other again.
- In Raging Blast, Raditz has special dialogue with the Ginyu Force, implying that they met at some point not shown in the past.
- In the Budokai Tenkaichi series and the Raging Blast series, Raditz's alternate costume is colored yellow, similar to the Battle Armor worn by Nappa.
- In Dragon Ball FighterZ, one of Nappa's alternate costume colors causes his battle armor to have the same color as Raditz's Battle Armor. Presumably it is a reference to Raditz who is not playable in FighterZ.
- In an early Dragon Ball Z board game, Raditz's scouter is colored red like Vegeta's.
- As of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, Raditz and Nappa are the only Saiyans known to have jumped past both the first two levels of Super Saiyan and straight to Super Saiyan 3. Additionally Raditz's hair grows even longer as a Super Saiyan 3 giving him the longest hair of any other Super Saiyan 3.
- Interestingly, both Raditz and his father use Green Lens Scouters though according to the Xenoverse series the model used by Bardock is two generations older while Raditz's is one generation old (while the Ginyu Force use the latest green lens model) though it makes sense that his Scouter would be one generation newer than his fathers.
- Ironically when Captain Ginyu stole Goku's body he wore his green lens Scouter (the newest model used by the Ginyu Force).
- Despite his actions, Goku has no problems in calling him his brother this was due to finding out from King Yemma that Raditz was in fact his brother.
- Raditz is often spoke about in disgust from his other family like Gohan who recalled his kidnapping.
- However in the Xenoverse series, Goten doesn't seem to mind his uncle as much due to not having been around during the Raditz Saga, though he does mistakenly and humorously call him Mr. Radish (referencing Raditz's naming pun) when asking what he is talking about to himself (when Raditz is griping about Kakarot living among Earthlings far too long after learning he has another child).
- In Xenoverse 2, if the warrior is training under Raditz and speaks to Goku he will say "Raditz?! What evil is he up to now?! He says he's my brother, but no brother of mine could be as evil as he is! No way, nun-uh! Promise me you won't listen to a thing he says, okay? Promise me!" His negative opinion of his brother is surprising given how forgiving Goku is to his enemies (even evil ones like Frieza) yet won't even consider forgiving his own brother. However, presumably Goku's negative opinion is due to Raditz's attempts to kill both his brother and Gohan despite his claimed blood relationship. Presumably Goku simply refuses to accept Raditz as family due to the bad blood between them.
- Goku and Raditz's sibling rivalry and hatred of one another is ironically not unlike the relationship between Cooler and his younger brother Frieza who are known to be normally at odds with one another (except when they have a common enemy) and fully willing to kill the other if the opportunity presented itself. However, their relationships differ in that Goku and Raditz don't get along due to Goku's rejection of his violent Saiyan heritage which Raditz embraces, while Frieza and Cooler share the same ruthless personalities and simply see one another as competition for the control of the Universe. However, Cooler and Raditz both arrogantly hold their younger siblings in contempt and tend to perceive them as weaker than themselves, only for said siblings to surpass them within the main series (as Goku became a Super Saiyan, while Frieza achieved his Golden Frieza form).
- Ironically, his comrade Vegeta has a far better relationship with his younger brother Tarble, despite his weakness and gentle nature being an embarrassment to the Saiyan royal family (to the point Vegeta apparently never even told his wife or son that he had a sibling until he was forced to reveal it when Tarble showed up on Earth). However in Vegeta's case he had reformed by the time he encountered his younger brother whom erroneously believed that Vegeta was the one who defeated Frieza (though Vegeta's son from the Future did kill Frieza in the main timeline), thus explaining why Vegeta got along with him so well. This is even more ironic when one considers the idea that the formerly evil Prince Vegeta was potential a bad influence on the weaker Raditz (in addition to him serving under Frieza who is known to have a corrupting influence on his subordinates due to his ruthlessness which he generally encourages among those that serve him).
- During the Frieza Saga, Frieza noted the familial resemblance between Raditz and his nephew Gohan. Since he had not encountered Goku by that point, he concluded that he was Raditz's son as Raditz only Saiyan he knew who was alive until recently that resembled the boy as Bardock was killed when he destroyed Planet Vegeta in Age 737.
- He says the same thing when confronting Kid Gohan in the Xenoverse series, though Gohan corrects him by proudly stating he is Goku's son (presumably due to his dislike of his uncle for kidnapping and try to kill him).
- However ironically it was Raditz's arrival on Earth that lead to Piccolo teaming up with Goku which ultimately lead to Piccolo's training of Gohan after Raditz and Goku's deaths. Additionally his coming to Earth ultimately lead to Goku's training under King Kai, Vegeta and Nappa's invasion of Earth, and the Battle on Planet Namek. Thus he ultimately played a role in the downfall off Frieza's empire which he served under with Vegeta and Nappa before his death. This is somewhat fitting when one considers his father's heroic final stand against Frieza during the Genocide of the Saiyans which Raditz himself was unaware of along with the events he inadvertently set into motion by attempting to recruit his young brother.
- In the Xenoverse series when fighting Goku's various Super Saiyan forms, Raditz will asks his brother if he is really Kakarot due to his change in appearance and presumably due to Raditz's disbelief that his little brother might have acquired power greater than his own.
- Humorously when facing GT Goku in the Xenoverse series, Raditz assumes his brother can change both his power level and his age, unaware it is due to the power of the Black Star Dragon Balls.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dragon Ball Minus, 2014
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dragon Ball Fusions, 2016
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, 2007
- ↑ Toriyama Saiyan interview part 3. twimg.
- ↑ Bardock mentions this before he sends Goku into space
- ↑ DBZ Anime Special. kanzentai.
- ↑ Jump Gold Selection 4: Dragon Ball Z Anime Special, 1989
- ↑ Scan of a Battle Power statement. kanzentai.
- ↑ Weekly Jump, issue 31st, 1989