Powerhouse is an enhanced state where the user has increased power, though with a downside.
Utilizing a Powerhouse state causes the user to use up energy and stamina at a rapid rate in exchange for increased power. By pushing it even further, the user can gain more power but at the cost of speed. The power of this state causes the user's muscles to bulk up.
Due to his Saiyan DNA, Cell can assume his own Powerhouse form, which he does to display to Future Trunks the flaws inherent in the form, and later when enraged at Super Saiyan 2 Gohan overpowering him. It should be noted that when he used against Gohan, it is a hybrid form that combines Super Saiyan Third Grade with Great Namekian while against Future Trunks he utilizes his version of Super Saiyan Third Grade.
In the manga, Fused Zamasu powers up his Super Saiyan Rosé state greatly in an attempt to finish Perfected Super Saiyan Blue Goku, overflowing his power to the point that - according to Vegeta - even his immortal body would take damage.
In the anime during the Tournament of Power, Caulifla used this form to fight Goku, but she was unable to hit him due to lowered speed and overused stamina. She then stopped using this form when Goku explained the drawbacks, after which he showed her the more preferable Super Saiyan 2 form.
- Kaio-ken - A power up which puts stress on the body in exchange for multiplying its power.
- Super Saiyan Second Grade – The first Powerhouse Super Saiyan form.
- Super Saiyan Third Grade – The second Powerhouse Super Saiyan form.
- Legendary Super Saiyan - The bulky muscular fully-powered Legendary Super Saiyan form is a Powerhouse state. However, its speed is "ultra first-class".
- Perfect Form (Power-Weighted) – Cell's unique giant Powerhouse form. In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, it is called Cell (Perfect, Powerhouse).
- Blue Kaio-ken - The application of the Kaio-ken to the Super Saiyan Blue form.
- Super Saiyan Rage - A powered up version of Super Saiyan 2. Undergoing a Powerhouse transformation is necessary as part of the transformation into this state, but not in all uses.
Video Game Appearances