"You have a pretty face, I'll promise not to hurt it."
Otokosuki (オトコスキー Otokosukī) is a muscular man who attends the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament. In Japanese, Otoko Suki means "man love", a reference to his obvious homosexuality.
Dragon Ball Z
Majin Buu Saga
Main article: Peaceful World Saga Otokosuki is one of the participants in the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament. In the anime, he briefly smiles at Nok, who simply smirks at him. He also briefly, nonverbally flirts with Goten, causing some disturbance from the latter, who comments that Otokosuki "isn't normal" when trying to search out Kid Buu's reincarnation.
In the tournament, Otokosuki is matched against Trunks. Despite clearly over-ranking him, Trunks is hesitant to participate in a match with Otokosuki due to Otokosuki's overt homosexuality, including his flirtingly telling Trunks that he'll go easy on him as well as stating that he, unlike Wild Tiger, was happy with his challenger. Goten jokingly repeats to Trunks that it is the "luck of the draw," in reference to Trunks' response to Goten's complaint about fighting Mr. Buu. Upon witnessing Vegeta backhand Nok into a billboard, significantly injuring the latter in the process, Otokosuki ends up intimidated alongside the rest of the participating fighters, save for the Dragon Team.
Dragon Ball GT
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Main article: Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Dragon Ball SD
- Japanese: Kozo Shioya
- Funimation dub: Bob Carter (DBZ), J. Michael Tatum (DBZ Kai)
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Dado Monteiro
- Otokosuki bears a great resemblance to the late Glenn Hughes, who played the biker in the Village People, a 1970s disco band commonly associated with homosexuality.
- In televised airings of "Buu's Reincarnation", Otokosuki's homosexual behavior is largely edited out.
- On a similar note, the English dub avoids directly stating that his reason for wanting to hold back on his opponent, Trunks, was due to lusting after Trunk's face, instead having him saying "Yo, hmmm, I'll go easy on you, don't worry."