Ninja Mist Shuriken (忍法霞手裏剣 Ninpō Kasumi Shuriken, Ninja Art Mist Shuriken) is a Ninjutsu technique used by Ninja Murasaki.
The user throws shuriken (ninja stars) or kunai to injure the opponent.
Ninja Murasaki uses this technique during his battle against Goku in Muscle Tower, as he is running away, but they all hit a tree Goku ran behind.
Goku himself is able to learn the technique through Mimicry and he takes Murasaki's discarded shuriken before he runs into the house Ninja Murasaki ran into. Goku uses the technique to throw the shuriken at Ninja Murasaki, but Ninja Murasaki picks up a tatami mat from the floor and blocks them all. Thinking Goku is out of shuriken Ninja Murasaki begins to Taunt Goku, as Goku is holding another shuriken, he throws it and it hits Ninja Murasaki right in the forehead.
- Shurikenjutsu (手裏剣術) - The art throwing Shuriken which Ninja Mist Shuriken is a variant of.
- Caltrops (Makibishi) - Murasaki throws some caltrops to slow down the opponent.
- Boomerang Shuriken (円月輪 Engetsurin, Crescent Moon) - Murasaki throws a curved blade that is designed to comeback like a boomerang. Used against Goku who managed to dodge the initial throw only to be hit in the head when it boomeranged back.
Video Game Appearances
Ninja Mist Shuriken appears as Ninja Murasaki's Super Attack in Dragon Ball Heroes. In the game, Ninja Murasaki performs the technique by using a mixture of camouflage, Rapid Movement, & smoke to suddenly appear and attack his opponent with a rapid fire barrage of shuriken.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, it is localized as Ninja Mist Shuriken. Beat briefly encounters Ninja Murasaki practicing his shurikenjutsu and mistakes one of Murasaki's "Hiya" battle cries as a greeting. After Ninja Murasaki explains what he is doing, he demonstrates his skill at throwing shuriken. Beat observes he is incredibly accurate with his shuriken to the point they all can hit a bull's-eye. After showing off his camouflage technique, Ninja Murasaki challenges Beat to a friendly sparring match during which he and the Murasaki Brothers (who once again act as Ninja Murasaki's "clones") all use the Ninja Mist Shuriken as their Super Attack. Additionally, there is a Ninja Mist Shuriken Mega Rarity Super Attack Accessory that Beat can use to equip it to any non-Special type card (official or custom) in a Custom Deck or add it to any Custom Card created through Card Creation provided its Blank Card has enough Custom Points to equip it. As a result, Goku himself (and his various iterations) can be equipped with the technique (making it the only time he is able to utilize the technique outside of the manga & anime).
- This technique is one of several that Goku learns via Mimicry in Dragon Ball, though he only uses it during his battle with Ninja Murasaki (using Murasaki's own discarded shuriken) due to its nature as a weapon-based technique. Goku is also shown to be more accurate with the technique as his final shuriken manages to hit Murasaki in the head after the ninja had run out of Tatami Mats to defend himself with.
- Ironically the Ninja Murasaki of Super Dragon Ball Heroes game world in World Mission is far more accurate with the technique than his historical counterpart, though this is not surprising as the game world Murasaki Brothers are all depicted as more capable fighters than they were historically (presumably due to either the anomaly in Age 764 where he is fought or due to the mechanics of the game world).