The New Cell, always referred to as just Cell (セル Seru), is a Bio-Android created by Dr. Gero during the Tournament of Time. He was created from the same bio-essence as his original counterpart, with the addition of new sources including Captain Ginyu, Frost, Nappa, Cabba and Shallot.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Power
- 5 Techniques and Special Abilities
- 6 Forms and Transformations
- 7 Video Game Appearances
- 8 Voice Actors
- 9 List of characters killed New Cell
- 10 Trivia
- 11 References
- 12 Site Navigation
The new Cell is identical to the previous Cell.
The new Cell is arrogant, considering himself far superior to the original Cell.
Dragon Ball Legends
Main article: Dragon Ball Legends Finding that obtaining the bio-essence of the numerous strong warriors participating in the Tournament of Time was the ideal way to create a Bio-Android superior to the original Cell, Gero did this, creating this New Cell in his Imperfect Form from the get-go and programming him to absorb 17 and 18 to obtain his Perfect Form. While he was initally troubled by Shallot, Zahha, and Cabba, Cell eventually manage to capture Androids 17 and 18 and attain his Perfect Form thanks to the intervention of Dabura. Deciding to return the favor, Cell decided to start the Super Cell games to create chaos.
He mass produced Cell Jr. to wreak havoc in order to "train" people in the week leading up to the Super Cell Games. Before the games began, Cell split himself using the Multi Form Technique so he could fight multiple opponents at once. One of his copies fought Gohan while one was defeated by Cabba & Shallot.
In his Imperfect Form, the new Cell is far stronger than Cell, being strong enough to outmatch Piccolo and easily take down base Cabba.
With his Semi-Perfect Form, he is able to outmatch Super Saiyan Shallot and goes on to evenly fight the upgraded Android 16.
It is said by Piccolo that if this new Cell reaches his Perfect Form, his power will be far beyond what the original Cell's power ever was. Zahha is scared of the possibility of the new Cell reaching his Perfect Form.
Later, after absorbing Android 18 and achieving his Perfect Form, he is able to take Super Saiyan Shallot’s attacks without any harm and easily take him down with one strike while holding back. He is also noted by Gohan to be on a whole other level than the previous Cell was. While his power was split by Multi-Form, his main body fought Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan and was on the losing end. One of his clones was able to overpower Super Saiyan Shallot and base Cabba, but was defeated by Super Saiyan 2 Shallot and Super Saiyan Cabba, another fought Goten and Trunks, another fought Bardock and the last fought Krillin, Tien and Zahha.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight - The ability to fly through the use of ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of energy wave.
- Rapid Movement - The use of high-speed movement to create an illusion of teleportation.
- Full Power Charge - Like every other playable character in Dragon Ball Legends, New Cell is capable of charging his Ki.
- Absorption - Like other incarnations of Cell, New Cell can absorb the life essence of others. He must also absorb incarnations of Android 17 (or his future counterpart) and Android 18 (or her future counterpart) in order to achieve his perfect form.
- Galick Gun - Vegeta's signature Kamehameha-like energy wave technique. Inherited from Vegeta's cells.
- Kamehameha - The signature technique of the Turtle School and Goku. Inherited from Goku's cells.
- Solar Kamehameha - A powerful variation of the Super Kamehameha used by New Cell which he inherited from his counterpart due to him containing the original Cell's bio-essence.
- Solar Flare - A Crane School technique where the user produces a blinding flash of light to momentarily blind their opponents. Inherited from his counterpart due to him containing the original Cell's bio-essence.
- Wild Cannon - Shallot's signature technique where the user creates an energy sphere in one hand then punches it with the other to produce an energy wave. Used by Perfect Cell during the Super Cell Games revealing to Shallot and Cabba that he possesses Shallot's cells.
- Vocal Mimicry – He displayed this ability by mimicking Android 17's voice like his counterpart. Used in an attempt to convince Shallot to let Cell absorb Android 18, but Shallot saw through New Cell's deception.
- Multi-Form - Cell, just like his normal timeline counterpart, can use this technique. He displayed this ability by making multiple clones of himself during the Super Cell Games.
Forms and Transformations
The form that this Cell was born in. Even in this form, his strength far surpasses the previous Cell's.
Main article: Form Change The new Cell achieves this form after absorbing Android 18. While powerful he was defeated by the combined strength of Bardock, Super Saiyan Cabba, and Gohan and Shallot in their Super Saiyan 2 forms.
Super Perfect Form
Main article: Super Saiyan 2 The New Cell set up the Super Cell Games in order to have fighters strong enough to annihilate him show up so that he could regenerate into his Super Perfect Form like his predecessor had. He is however defeated by the combined energy wave of the rage empowered Super Saiyan 2 Gohan and Super Saiyan 2 Shallot.
Video Game Appearances
List of characters killed New Cell
- Multiple Earthlings and Tournament Participates - Absorbed by New Cell in his Imperfect Form.
- Cooler - Killed by New Cell during the Super Cell Games for attempting to destroy the Earth; New Cell first uses Frieza's Death Beam technique to injure Cooler, then finishes him off with a powerful blast that destroys the Super Cell Games Arena.
- Due to possessing Shallot's cells, New Cell is genetically a partial member of the ancient Super Saiyan God subspecies, in addition to modern Saiyans due to possessing the cells of Goku and Vegeta. Additionally he is also genetically related to Giblet due to him being Shallot's twin brother.
- He also possesses Universe 6 Frieza Race DNA due to possessing Frost's cells.
- New Cell is ironically one of the few villains to defend the Earth from potential destruction by another villain as he kills Cooler after his attempt to destroy Shallot and the Earth with a Supernova failed due to the intervention of Bardock (with Cell even complementing the biological father of Goku) though his motives are self-serving as if Cooler blew up the Earth then the Super Cell Games would have ended prematurely.
- Cell also points out that both Bojack and Cooler's services were supplied to him by Dabura, indicating that they were unknowingly being used by both Babidi's Forces (as Dabura was serving Babidi's interests) and New Cell himself (for the Super Cell Games as he needed a team due to it being a team battle royale).