Neko Majin Z (ネコマジンZ Neko Majin Zetto) is one of the main protagonists in Akira Toriyama's one-shot manga Nekomajin. He also appears in the spin-off manga Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission by Toyotarō.
Neko Majin Z practices martial arts and is a student of Goku; this is why he wears a fighting gi similar to Goku's earlier outfits, but with his own designated kanji symbols on the front and back. On the cover of the final chapter of Nekomajin, "Neko Majin Z 5", where he appears alongside his mentor Goku, Neko Majin Z can be seen equipped with the (or a) Power Pole and riding a Flying Nimbus. His cloud is purple on this cover (like the Dark Nimbus), though an earlier adaption (cover of "Neko Majin Z 3") shows him riding on a standard, yellow-colored Flying Nimbus.
Neko Majin Z
|This article is a stub. You can help the Dragon Ball Wiki by , or perhaps you could contribute to discussion on the topic.|
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Main article: Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Extra Dimensional Space - Chapter 3, Sub Chapter 1
In the Extra Dimensional Space for Chapter 3, Sub Chapter 1: "Great Saiyaman 4", the conflict between Babidi and the DBH Team over the fate of the brainwashed Kabra is altered by the conflict taking place further inside the anomaly effecting Hero Town. The anomaly causes the game world versions of Neko Majin Z, Neko Majin Mike, and Neko Majin Mix, to be freed from the sealed ball instead of an incarnation of Majin Buu. However Babidi mistakenly assumes they are all Majin Buu due to having never seen Kid Buu or Innocent Buu. As a result he orders the Neko Majins to eliminate the DBH Team. Z, Mike, and Mix comply after seeing Kabra's condition and him telling them the DBH Team defeated him causing the three Neko Majin to decide to help him by beating up the DBH Team as they are unaware Babidi has brainwashed the boy.
The DBH Team manage to defeat the three in their first bout but Z goes Super Neko Majin which some of the DBH Team mistake for Super Saiyan until Z explains its his Super Neko Majin form.
They manage to beat the three in their second bout but afterwards the DBH Team realizes it will be an uphill battle unless they can defeat Babidi. They come up with a plan to force Babidi to join the Neko Majin in battle by tricking Z into forcing Babidi to join in with Z ignoring Babidi's protests.
This gives Great Saiyaman 4 the opening he needs to kill Babidi with a energy wave, which frees Kabra. Upon realizing the DBH Team was trying to help free Kabra, the Neko Majin befriend them and Z thanks them for the match hoping to meet them again before returning to the game world with Mike and Mix. Great Saiyaman 3 is not surprised by Neko Majin Z's strength consider his master is "him" (referring to Goku) though Great Saiyaman 4 is confused as he is unaware Z is a student of Goku.
In his base form, Neko Majin Z is shown to be stronger than both Super Saiyan Onio, and Final Form Kuriza. When fighting against Vegeta in his base state, Z appears to gain the upper hand causing Vegeta to respond by turning into a Super Saiyan. However, after Z transforms into his Super Neko Majin form, Vegeta begins to sweat after seeing how much power he has.
Z's friend estimates that Mr. Buu is around as strong as Neko Majin Z.
When he fights Goku in base form during the period of the Peaceful World Saga, Z is able to get a hit in after catching him off guard with a fart. Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan and Z transforms into his Super Neko Majin form though the fight is quickly halted.
- Video Games
In World Mission, Neko Majin Z, Neko Majin Mike, and Neko Majin Mix are freed from the Sealed Ball by Babidi instead of Majin Buu due to an anomaly and are mistaken for the Majin by Babidi, who thanks to the brainwashed Kabra, convinces the Neko Majin to fight against the Dragon Ball Heroes team. Eventually Z decides to go Super Neko Majin and together with his fellow Neko Majin prove to be too powerful for the DBH Team to defeat decisively forcing them to trick Z into forcing Babidi to join the fight allowing Great Saiyaman 4 to kill him, freeing Kabra which causes the Neko Majin to realize Babidi was a villain. Afterwards they leave to return to the game world, with Great Saiyaman 3 noting it's not surprising Z was so strong given who his teacher is referring to Goku.
Techniques and special abilities
- Nekohameha – Z's version of the trademark Kamehameha technique. It is likely that Z created this technique after witnessing his mentor Goku perform the Kamehameha, but how it differs from the original wave is unknown. Also, like Goku's Flying Kamehameha attack, Z can perform a similar attack while flying upward and charging the Nekohameha. In Dragon Ball Heroes and World Mission it appears as Z's Super Attack.
- Mimicry – The unique ability to copy, use, and even alter witnessed techniques, and in Z's case, transformations. One notable instance is when, after Z has been overpowered by Super Saiyan Onio, the Neko Majin reveals a form that he calls Super Neko Majin, to parody Super Saiyan. In another instance, Z performs the same type of one-handed energy wave that Vegeta had used against him just previously.
- Energy Wave – A generic one-handed energy blast. After Vegeta hit him with his energy wave, Z performs a similar blast himself. The attack is also used by Neko Majin Mike.
- Full Power Energy Wave – A two-handed energy blast. Z uses it after reappearing behind Vegeta during their battle.
- Farting – The mere act of "passing gas", though the odor proved strong enough to make his mentor Goku cover his mouth during their spar. Neko Majin first uses it to taunt Pete Kobayashi.
- High Speed Movement – The ability to move so fast that the user appears in another location. Z uses this numerous times, notably to get behind his opponents.
- Cat's Paw - An ability used by Neko Majin Z as a boss during the Budokai Saga in Dragon Ball Heroes that steals 2 Hero Energy from the enemy team at the end of Round 2.
- Speed Capsule - A Card Action Ability used by Neko Majin Z as a boss during the Budokai Saga in Dragon Ball Heroes. Neko Majin Z throws 1-3 capsules into his or the enemy's Prep Area, which permanently lowers his team's Charge Impact speed or permanently increases the enemy's.
- Super Kamehameha S – A Card Action Ability used by Neko Majin Z's JPJ-19 card in Dragon Ball Heroes that Subspace Summons Goku after Round 3 to use Super Kamehameha. If Neko Majin Z's team has at least 6 Hero Energy, the power of the enemy attackers is halved.
- Total Confidence - An ability used by Neko Majin Z's JPJ-19 card in Dragon Ball Heroes, that increases his power by 2000 at the end of the round if his team's HP is greater than the enemy team's.
Super Neko Majin
Main article: Super Neko Majin
After observing Onio transform into a Super Saiyan in "Neko Majin Z", Z powers up to this form, much to his own amazement. He then declared himself a "Super Neko Majin". Although his fur becomes more rigid during this transformation and a radiating, aura is present, Z himself (his fur) does not turn golden like a Super Saiyan, though Onio recognized it as the Super Saiyan form or something similar, as do later characters.
Z once again transforms into a Super Neko Majin when facing Vegeta in the chapter "Neko Majin Z 3". After matching and almost being overwhelmed by Z, Vegeta transforms into a Super Saiyan. However, Onio, who had fought Vegeta before, reveals that Z too can become a "Super Saiyan". Just then, Super Saiyan Vegeta looks over to see a Super Neko Majin transformed Z, and he too recognizes the form as Super Saiyan. Z does not fight in this form because Vegeta fakes a phone call from being told to go to another planet, and proclaims he will never be in another gag manga.
The last time this transformation is seen is during Z's spar with his mentor Goku in the final chapter. Both become Super Neko Majin and Super Saiyan, however Goku gains an advantage using a cat toy.
In World Mission, Z uses this form during his second and third fight with the DBH Team.
Double Eyelids form
Main article: Transforming Ability
After seeing Kuriza go into his true form, Z decides that he will also transform. When his transformation is complete, the only difference is that he has double eyelids.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
Neko Majin Z makes his debut in the Japanese version of Supersonic Warriors 2, serving as an unlockable support-type character.
Neko Majin Z was added as a boss in Dragon Ball Heroes in the fourth mission of the Jaaku Mission series (JM4). His Super Neko Majin form was made playable through a promotional card released shortly after.
He makes his first appearance in a English video game localization in the english localization of Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission.
- Japanese: Kōki Miyata (Dragon Ball Heroes, World Mission)
- Neko Majin Z's fighting gi can be obtained and worn by players in Dragon Ball Online.
|Neko Majin Mike • Neko Majin Mix • Neko Majin V|