Napple (ナップル) is a soldier in the Planet Trade Organization. He is a large humanoid with horns and a mohawk. He first appeared in "Namek's Defense", and was named in the RPG game Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza. His name is a pun on the fruit "Pineapple".
Napple was among the soldiers Frieza took with him on Namek. In Moori's village, he taunts the three Warrior-type Namekians by saying they would be better off fighting old grannies. Napple then leads the charge of Frieza's men at the Namekians, only to be kicked in the face by one of the Namekian Warriors, sending him flying past where Frieza, Zarbon and Dodoria are. He crashes through a tree and becomes embedded in a cliff. He soons gets back up and attacks another of the Namekian warriors with a heavy punch but the Namek blocks it and powerfully throws Napple into the ground, causing him to smash into it and presumably killing him.
Napple is presumably the strongest of Frieza's Namek village raiding group (other than Appule, Dodoria, Zarbon, and Frieza himself), however he is defeated by the Namekian Warriors who each have power levels of at least 3,000 each.
Napple's power level is 5,800 in Gekishin Freeza (which is much higher than the Namekians who defeated him), and 1,825 in Goku Gekitōden.
Techniques and special abilities
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Energy Wave – The most basic form of Ki Blast. Used in Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza.
- Life-Risking Blow! – Napple led the Life-Risking Blow! charge against the Namekian Warriors in Moori's village.
Video game appearances
Napple is a regular foe in Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza, where his power level is 5,800. Additionally, he gets two color edits that appear as separate and weaker enemies in the game: the blue-skinned Ronme (ロンメ) and the red-skinned Krumbo (クランボ).
Napple is the strongest regular soldier in Dragon Ball Z: Goku Gekitōden, his power level being 1,825 and having 3300HP.
He is seen alongside Banan and Sūi in the background of the Frieza's spaceship battle stage in Dragon Ball Z Arcade. He also appears in one of the promotional movies for Dragon Ball Heroes, second to Fisshi in leading the charge against the Saiyan Hero Beat and the Saiyan Heroine Note who have infiltrated Frieza's spaceship. He is defeated by Beat.
- Napple vs. Namekian Warrior
- Napple and an Appule's race soldier vs. Namekian Warrior
- Napple's skin and hair color changes several times during his appearance, with his skin switching between being purple and reddish beige several times, and his hair starting out as blonde, but changing to red later, and then back again. His outfit also changes slighly several times during the battle.