"A small settlement where Nam lives. The nutrient-starved soil and lack of rainfall make life very difficult for residents."
Nam's village (ナムの村 Namu no mura) is a desert village on Earth that is the birthplace of Nam. It is located south of Giran's Village and west of Fortuneteller Baba's Palace. Its address is SAM 275508 S.
It is a naturally barren region with very low annual rainfall, the environment is very harsh and the village's daily life is extraordinarily poor. However, while poor, the people aim to be self-sufficient, and they live close to one another.
As water is very scarce and the village has many droughts, Nam enters the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament in Age 750 in order to gain money to buy the water needed for crops. He loses in the tournament to Goku however, but Master Roshi gives him a capsule to store water for free to save the village.
The water is quickly used up and Goku helps Nam get more after the tournament. It is found out that the droughts are caused by Giran's race, the Giras, blocking the river with a dam made of Merry-Go-Round Gum. This dam is then destroyed when Goku blasts the dam with a Kamehameha, letting the water flow back into the previously dried-up river. However, after a sudden dust storm passes, the water is gone again. Therefore, Goku leads the villagers to a "roaming lake", a body of water that exists in the middle of the desert, helping to secure the future of Nam's village.
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
- Cautious Woman (Future) - Gives Future Trunks 3 Aromatic Fruit due to having developed a habit of hoarding things during the Android conflict.
- Cook (Future) - A female cook who will cook dishes for Future Trunks if he provides the ingredients.
- Foodie (Future) - Gives Future Trunks the Special Ramen Course Recipe.
- Grocer (Future) - Runs the village Food Shop.
- Guide (Future) - The guide who runs the information shop for Nam's Village.
- Inquisitive Child (Future)
- Pensive Woman (Future) - A local redhead woman who hide from the Androids for years and used to belong to an organization trying to stop the Androids, with her job being the procurement of materials needed for weapons. With the Androids gone, she had been helping out with the restoration efforts in another town far from the village. Eventually she made her way back home and was surprised to find all the materials she had gathered were still there, which really brought back memories. Not wanting things go to waste, she gives Future Trunks a Red Meteorite after listening to her story.
- Philosophical Woman (Future)
- Trader - A man who runs the local Materials Shop which sells materials and fish bait.
- Young Farmer (Future) - A local farmer who was too scared to go outside when the Androids were around so he couldn't tend to his crops. However with them gone he no longer has to live in fear and decides to channel all his pent-up energy into raising his vegetables like they were his own children. His field is full of top-quality crops, though he ended up growing too many and as it would be a crime to throw out the excess he gives Future Trunks 5 High-Quality Onion.
Video game appearances
Nam's village appears in Dragon Ball Online under the name Taola Village (타올라 부락). It appears in the northern part of Fran Fran Desert, and is located south of Giran's Village. As of Age 1000, the land around the village is much more fertile, and a fountain shaped like a Hoi Poi Capsule stands in the center of the village, likely referencing how Nam brought water back to help the village through its drought.
In Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, Nam's Village is located in the Great West Desert Area of Earth. During the Sub Story: "Nam the Peddler", Nam travels to East Ravine to trade for food and water, leading to him to run into Goku who was on his way to confront Raditz. Nam recognizes Goku based upon his hairstyle and Turtle School Uniform, though Goku himself doesn't realize who Nam is until he mentions his name. Nam reveals that he found a Shiny Rock while tilling the land in his village. Goku can take the Shiny Rock to someone who knows about rocks who will trade it for an Ammonite Fossil which Goku can trade to a fossil hunter for a Food Capsule and Water Capsule which Goku can give to Nam, completing the Sub Story.
In -Trunks- The Warrior of Hope DLC, Nam's Village of Future Trunks' Alternate Timeline becomes accessable during The Warrior of Hope Episode 3 after Future Trunks' Z Sword training on Sacred World of the Kai. To confront the Organization of Future Babidi, Future Kibito uses Kai Kai to teleport himself, Shin, and Future Trunks to just outside of Nam's Village, which Future Trunks can visit to shop, cook food, or obtain supplies. Several of the village's inhabitants point out that during Future Android 17 and Future Android 18's reign of terror, most of the villagers fled while others remained in their homes. Like most of Earth, Nam's Village is shown to be slowly recovering as a result of Future Trunks' defeat of the Androids. However there are no signs of Nam's future counterpart, indicating he either passed away or ended up perishing at the hands of the Androids (a likely scenario given Nam's personality).
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, 2020