- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Name Change
- 4 Biography
- 4.1 Background
- 4.2 Dragon Ball Z
- 4.3 Dragon Ball Super
- 4.4 Peaceful World Saga
- 4.5 Dragon Ball GT
- 5 Film appearances
- 6 Other Dragon Ball Stories
- 7 Power
- 8 Abilities
- 9 Appearances in other media
- 10 Voice Actors
- 11 Battles
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 Site Navigation
Mr. Satan is a tall man of a rather muscular and hirsute physique and tends to adopt an imposing appearance when seen in public. His black curly Afro, mustache, and well-trimmed sideburns are among his most recognizable traits, as well as his cleft chin. Mr. Satan typically is seen in his martial arts uniform or in fitted suits, but has been known to wear more luxurious clothing when resting or making public appearances. His gi is often accented with either a red or white cape depending on which gi he dons, and his notably hairy chest and arms are usually displayed openly.
In the end of Dragon Ball Z and throughout Dragon Ball GT, his black curly afro is now in half as the center of his head is naturally bald and a few wrinkles due to his age. In his later years, his mustache now connects to his sideburns.
In Dragon Ball Super, Mr. Satan's muscular physique has visibly weakened as a result of indulging in his fame over keeping up with his training, though he otherwise remains the same as his appearance in Dragon Ball Z.
During the Dragon Ball Z time period, Mr. Satan is the reigning World Martial Arts Champion, a title won fairly by beating other normal earthlings in a time when Goku and other powerful fighters were battling on Namek and later against the Androids. During the time of the Cell Games, Mr. Satan was already rich and famous, but also an egomaniac. He boasted endlessly on television about his strength, and that he was the "best fighter in the world." In the eyes of characters who know otherwise, he is considered to be a showboating blowhard.
When the Dragon Team arrives on the scene starting with the Cell Games, he starts a pattern of claiming them to be his disciples, which, while preserving his status and self-serving ego, has produced good results in the past. Mr. Satan is quite an unrepentant lech whose head is easily turned by a pretty face (not unlike Master Roshi and Elder Kai), and he selfishly uses his fame as "the Hero who defeated Cell" to seduce and sleep with multiple women after his wife Miguel left, causing a rift between him and his daughter Videl (though as Videl implied, some of them may have initiated the seduction).
Mr. Satan also has a tendency to believe his own hype, such as referring to the Z Fighters as "Those guys that were there when I beat Cell," even though he was talking to himself and no one was nearby for him to maintain the charade with. He's been known to become cocky about facing the likes of Cell and Majin Buu before remembering that he can't actually beat them.
It is also implied during the Cell Games, that Mr. Satan may have had an affair with his manager Miss Piiza at some point based on some of Miss Piiza's comments. His lecherous tendencies are also demonstrated by the fact that he owns a copy of Bob & Margaret, a controversial adult book (a copy of which was also owned by Master Roshi) which Majin Buu later found and read inspiring Majin Buu's fission that lead to the creation of Miss Buu and eventually gave raise to the Majin race after Majin Buu and Miss Buu used the book to develop the Love-Love Beam technique.
In some ways this makes his personality similar to Master Roshi's as both are lecherous yet heroic martial artists, the only difference is that Mr. Satan is apparently far more successful with women than Roshi due to his fame and wealth. Despite his lecherous tendencies, he apparently does not encourage said behavior in others as he is shown trying to convince Majin Buu to return the book in Xenoverse 2 after he discovered his friend had found it in the Majin Buu's time rift anomaly, stating that it wasn't the type of book someone like the pure hearted Buu should be reading indicating that he was trying to preserve his friend's innocence, though eventually gave up when Majin Buu stubbornly refused (ironically despite this Majin Buu never creates Miss Buu in the anomaly's timeline as Buu was inspired by Mr. Satan's relationship with Videl to create his children via fission instead). This also shows he at least recognizes that it is bad to encourage lecherous behavior as he doesn't encourage Buu's reading a book like Bob & Margaret which is in sharp contrast to Master Roshi who encourages such behavior in his students (willing to accept dirty magazines from Krillin as a bribe) and even used Bob & Margret to teach Goku how to read showing he had no problem exposing an innocent like Goku to such adult content (fortunately Goku was too oblivious to understand until he was much older though his familiarity with Roshi made him willing to bribe Elder Kai so he would train Gohan even suggesting Videl and later Bulma after Gohan angrily objected due to his feelings for her when he refused to accept magazines).
He is very protective of his daughter Videl however, and would not allow her to hang out at any boy's house unless they are tougher than him (which he might consider). After the Majin Buu conflict he accepted Gohan's relationship with Videl, presumably due to Gohan's power and likely due to Mr. Satan accepting him as being worthy of his daughter, due to Gohan being the true winner of the Cell Games, which Mr. Satan had taken credit for (as well as being aware of Gohan's good nature). Similarly, he also was very protective of his granddaughter, Pan, as evidenced by the 28th World Tournament: When Pan managed to beat Wild Tiger, his very first action upon her winning was to scramble onto the ring towards the locker rooms in a panic and ask if she was alright, and also was constantly worried about her during the match.
In spite of showing many signs of greed and cowardice, Mr. Satan is still a fundamentally honorable, decent, sensitive and kind-hearted man. He genuinely cares about protecting the innocent and fighting for justice to the best of his abilities and is prone to violent and righteous anger when faced with the abuse of helpless innocents by villains. He shows moments of great courage when his family and friends are threatened by evil.
Mr. Satan's true colors are foreshadowed when he risks his life to get Android 16's head near Gohan, which leads to Gohan's transformation to Super Saiyan 2. In the Majin Buu Saga, Mr. Satan is revealed to be a fundamentally good man as opposed to the arrogant showboat persona he exhibits, and his bravery and kindness towards the good Majin Buu play a major role in Kid Buu's defeat at the end of the Kid Buu Saga. Prominently, he has saved the lives of Bee, Vegeta, and even Majin Buu (recognizing that Majin Buu was used in his innocence by Babidi, he tearfully begged Vegeta to spare his life as he laid helpless after being beaten by Kid Buu, and was ready to risk death to protect him; Mr. Satan's love for his friend moved Goku enough to join in his defense, allowing the formerly evil monster to start a new life as a hero and benefactor to society).
Mr. Satan's skill as an orator came into good use by the series' end. Without the adoration and support of his legions of followers, the Z Fighters would never have been able to raise the Super Spirit Bomb and defeat Kid Buu. On that note, when he overheard the various people of Earth rudely rejecting Goku and Vegeta's attempt at building the Super Spirit Bomb, he was shown to be genuinely angry that the people of Earth were wasting their one chance at defeating Kid Buu and blurted this out. By the end of Dragon Ball Z, Goku and his friends come to see the good in Mr. Satan and decide that he is a noble hero.
Additionally due to Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Piccolo having no desire to be publicly recognized for their heroics, Mr. Satan fulfills that role, allowing him to take credit for defeating any villain or threat the people of Earth become publicly aware of such as Cell, Bojack, and initially Majin Buu before his rampage was forgotten thanks to a wish to Shenron. Additionally Mr. Satan can use his talent for persuasion to create cover stories to supply the media with to explain various phenomenon caused by the Dragon Team's literal Earth shaking battles as shown during the Beerus Saga. Additionally his reputation is able to fool even aliens and the Frieza's Honor Guard in Dragon Ball Online whom they mistakenly assumed was responsible for defeating Frieza leading then to wait to invade Earth until Mr. Satan had passed away showing his reputation alone is capable of protecting the Earth from invasion (however like the Dragon Team, entities like Frieza and Cell are not intimidated due to being aware of the the Dragon Team's existence).
Following his acceptance by Goku and his friends, Mr. Satan showed his graciousness through his monetary generosity, not only giving Goku enough money to pay for Goten's schooling, but also in far more dramatic expressions of his wealth and good will as well. His honorable nature made him feel obliged to give away the two hundred million zeni he had won when given an award called "The World Peace Prize" both to Goku and to Vegeta (who, as husband to one of the richest women on the planet, refused).
Despite his egotistical personality, Mr. Satan is extremely generous towards his daughter and extended family, such as building a massive mansion-style house for Videl and Gohan as they were starting out as a married couple and as parents. Mr. Satan believes that his family deserves the best and only the best, and often acts as financial benefactor for his loved ones. He is much the family man-type, and upon discovering his daughter's pregnancy he was overjoyed and proudly proclaimed that he was going to be a grandpa. He has a very close and affectionate relationship with Pan, often cuddling and hugging her whenever he gets the chance. He also is proud of her abilities, and is frequently dumbstruck by her talents, which eventually causes him to see her as his potential successor to carry on his legacy in Dragon Ball GT.
He and Goku may differ substantially, but they share a very special respect for one another: Mr. Satan admires and respects Goku's otherworldly might despite his fear of it, and Goku in turn respects Mr. Satan's humanity and kindness, which was enough to tame Majin Buu, one of the most terrifying monsters in the universe. When Mr. Satan helped accumulate the people of Earth's energy for the Super Spirit Bomb and carried Vegeta out of harm's way, the Saiyan even remarked that he "might be the savior of the world after all".
Though Mr. Satan himself is very wealthy, at Bulma's birthday he was shocked to learn the mild-mannered Dr. Brief (whom he mistook for one of the wait staff) was Bulma's father the President and founder of the Capsule Corporation the richest man in the world when it was pointed out by Chi-Chi and treated Dr. Brief very respectfully once he realized his mistake showing despite his own wealth he is respectful towards those wealthier than himself.
Mr. Satan's greatest strength might just be his extraordinary humanity and kindness. His surprisingly gentle heart is often seen in his interactions with Majin Buu, the dog Bee, and his extended family. This gentleness, however, belies his profound hatred for senseless murder and violence. This was most prominent in his clear disgust of Van Zant, who nearly killed Bee in an effort to provoke Buu. Mr. Satan's righteous fury was on full display as he dispatched the mad gunman, his hatred readily apparent.
While self-serving at times, Mr. Satan's personality truly boils down to a well meaning goofball whose overwhelming ego has gradually receded with age and experience, showing the hero he has always wanted to be inside to the world. He believes in his friends and family, and will even look past his own safety in the face of comically overwhelming odds when pushed past his limits. In many ways, he represents the best that the common human has to offer in the face of the outlandish beings of power he often is in the company of.
Due to editing, Mr. Satan was renamed "Hercule" in the edited and dubbed American version on television and in the English-translated manga, in spite of the fact that a variety of references to hell, heaven, and the next life appear frequently in Lilian Olsen and Gerard Jones' Viz translation, he remains "Mr. Satan" in the uncut English anime on DVD, the Mexican InterTRACK dub, as well as the Funimation dubs of Dragon Ball Z Kai (except for Nicktoons and The CW) and Dragon Ball Super. The original name was considered too offensive due to its connection to the biblical Satan, a connotation that was intended but does not have the same religious significance for most in Japan. The new name originates from its use as his name in the French DBZ dub, which was based on Hercules in Greek mythology. Despite its use in the French and Portuguese (Portugal) versions, it should be noted that the changes there were not motivated by editing away offensive content, but instead to distinguish him from Piccolo, who had been renamed "Satan Petit Cœur" and "Coraçãozinho de Satan" respectively (both loosely translate to "Satan's little heart"). In the Portuguese (Brazil) version, Mr. Satan's name is kept the same as the Japanese version.
Mr. Satan was also named "Mr. Savage" on early English Dragon Ball products long before the Cell Saga was dubbed or published in English. In the Philippines, being one of the only two Christian nations in Asia, the name Mr. Satan would sound unpleasant for a cartoon character (whose Filipino translation means "Satanas" or "Demonyo"), therefore it was also dubbed to "blend" with the character. Although there are no manipulations made in the animation (such as changing the names where "Satan" are written, like in "Satan City"), instead they made use of a more slapstick moniker called "Master Pogi", which literally means "Master Handsome" (making his city "Pogi City" or "Handsome City") to match the sense of humor that he brings to the story. Eventually, Satan City was renamed Pogi City. In South Korea, the only other Christian nation in East Asia, Mr Satan's original name was kept, despite some light controversy from religious groups, since the connotation was understood by most Korean viewers.
In the U.S. edition of Shonen Jump published by VIZ Media, an explanation is given that Hercule is the "real name" of the character while Mr. Satan was the name he used as a wrestler (though he has always been a martial artist) perhaps because his design and general showboating personality is similar to a stereotypical western wrestler.
In the booklet for the American release of Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22, the character's name is given as "Mr. Hercule Satan", with Hercule being his first name and Satan his last. Dragon Ball Z video games released in the English-speaking world since 2000 (including the Budokai and The Legacy of Goku series) use "Hercule" rather than "Mr. Satan," ostensibly because this is the most familiar name to English-speaking fans. For this same reason, the fusion of Hercule and Son Goku that occurs in Budokai 2 is called Gokule. In the Japanese version of this game, however, the character remains "Mr. Satan" and the fused character is called Gotan. The European version of Dragon Ball Z: Budokai had him named "Mr. Satan", but was later changed to "Hercule".
In the tradition of Dragon Ball name puns, Mr. Satan and his family are named after demons/figures from mythology and religion. His daughter's name, Videl, is an anagram of the word "devil". His granddaughter, Pan, can also be taken to mean the figure from Greek mythology (though since her father is Gohan, it could just as easily mean "bread"; given Toriyama's love of puns, it could be both). The Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume includes interviews with Toriyama, and he is asked about Mister Satan's real name in one of them. Toriyama mentions that Mister Satan is just the character's ring name reminiscent of that of a pro grappler and that his real name is Mark (マーク Māku), which is a romanization of a rearrangement of Akuma (Japanese for devil). Since the region where Satan lives does not split up names into given names and family names, his name is simply "Mark".
In Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot before he becomes world famous, Mr. Satan apparently used his real name Mark early in his career as several characters in Orange City (before it was renamed in his honor) mention Mark as an up and coming Martial Artist. This marks the first time his real name is used in the English localization of a video game. Additionally Kakarot is one of the few games where Mr. Satan's name is not censored and changed to Hercule in the English localization as he is referred to as Mr. Satan and Orange City is later renammed Satan City.
When Mark was young, he attended a fighting dojo called "Satan Castle." Through a combination of considerable power and good luck (his rival fighting opponent would get food poisoning, for instance), he quickly became world champion and was called "Mr. Satan" after the name of his dojo. One day when they were on tour, at a bar in South City, Satan and his martial arts master made the mistake of making fun of Mercenary Tao's hairstyle. As a result, Mr. Satan was heavily injured while his master was killed. From then on, Mr. Satan solemnly swore never to fight anyone whose true identity he did not know, or anyone who seemed crazy strong.
His daughter Videl was born in Age 756. Videl's mother left Mr. Satan and their daughter Videl at one point, leaving only the two of them in their family. But they have got loads of servants. Mr. Satan is very protective of his daughter, especially in respect to boys, only allowing her to have a boyfriend if he was stronger than him.
In anime-exclusive flashbacks of the previous 24th World Martial Arts Tournament, Mr. Satan is briefly seen fighting Spopovich (when he was human) in the tournament's first-round match. It is here that one can easily see Mr. Satan's capabilities in comparison to that of other "normal" martial artists. He easily defeats Spopovich and goes on to fight and defeat Jewel in that tournament's final-match, winning the 24th World Martial Arts Tournament. None of the Dragon Team fought in this tournament, allowing Mr. Satan to win it easily and fairly.
Dragon Ball Z
Main article: Cell Games Saga
After hearing Perfect Cell's announcement of the Cell Games, Mr. Satan announces to the world that he will enter the tournament and defeat Cell. A few days before the games begin, Mr. Satan pleases a huge crowd of fans by punching through one of four buses he had dragged in by himself (with the Dragon Team, watching this on TV, expressing that such an action he did was "sad") and ripping a large book in half. Satan was actually rich at this point, so the car he rode in to the Cell Games Arena had a chauffeur. He was apparently selling some kind of "Satan goods", and they were quite profitable. At ringside, Goku tries several times to warn Mr. Satan against confronting Cell, but the World Champion believes he is more than equal to the task of taking down the deadly bio-android. Throughout the Cell Games, Mr. Satan is convinced that Cell is a mere trickster, having never seen ki attacks before and believing them to be mere light shows. Mr. Satan (and his top students Caroni and Pirozhki as well, in the anime) face Perfect Cell and lose quickly in embarrassing fashion. The ZTV reporter on-hand to chronicle the Cell Games repeatedly ridicules Goku and the other Z Fighters, firmly believing (along with most of the world) that Mr. Satan is the only one who stands a chance of triumphing over Cell.
After showing off his strength by destroying fourteen out of fifteen tiles, Mr. Satan attacks Cell with his Dynamite Kick, but Cell launches him from the ring with a single effortless flick of his hand, at which point Goku steps in and the tournament commences. Claiming that he simply slipped out of the ring, Mr. Satan (and his pupils) sit out the rest of the Cell Games, watching Goku, and subsequently Gohan, fight Perfect Cell. Mr. Satan is repeatedly questioned by Jimmy Firecracker of the television crew about returning to the ring to face Cell again, but each time the World Martial Arts Champion insists he is suffering from agonizing stomach pains that are preventing him from a rematch.
Although Mr. Satan cowers in fear for much of the time, he does play a pivotal role in Gohan's eventual victory over Cell. After Cell destroys Android 16's body, the severed head of 16 lands near the area where Mr. Satan and the TV crew are hiding. The still functioning head of 16 implores them to carry him over to Gohan. Putting aside his fear (and looking to save face in front of the news crew), Mr. Satan agrees to bring the head of Android 16 to Gohan. This sets into motion the sequence of events ultimately responsible for unleashing Gohan's hidden power.
Near the end of the Cell Game, the television equipment is destroyed and the conclusion, in which Gohan (with help from Vegeta) finally destroys Cell with a Kamehameha Wave, is not broadcast to the global audience. The television crew, having sought shelter from the devastating ki attacks, does not witness Cell's demise.
After the Z Fighters depart, Mr. Satan convinces Jimmy and everyone else that Gohan was beaten and that he defeated Cell single-handedly with a vicious karate chop. Despite some initial skepticism at these claims, the gullible masses are quickly convinced that Mr. Satan indeed defeated Cell and he becomes the world's new hero and hottest celebrity.
World Tournament Saga
Seven years after Cell's defeat, Mr. Satan has become increasingly rich and famous. Videl bitterly relates to Gohan that he has become a womanizer who uses his fame as a champion to sleep around with woman after woman. She also confides in Gohan that her father, once an accomplished martial artist, is now living solely off his reputation and no longer keeps up with his training. Satan is shown in several moments, including for a few seconds training his pupils, and cowering away in his home to avoid a gang of thugs, even as they take advantage in a fight against his daughter. Videl initially scoffs at any suggestion that her father is not all that he claims to be though, over time, she comes to see the truth and wishes somebody would beat him at the next World Martial Arts Tournament so that Satan could be taught a lesson in humility and respect.
As reigning World Champion, Mr. Satan is automatically entered into the World Martial Arts Tournament (aka: Strongest Under the Heavens) and is dismayed to see the Super Saiyans (The "Golden Fighters") there, remembering them from the Cell Games. Satan rides out the tournament in fear of being exposed as a fraud, knowing full well that he does not stand a chance against Goku and his friends. After the Junior Division Final in which Trunks defeats Goten, Mr. Satan is set to fight an exhibition match with Trunks. Satan asks Trunks to only lightly tap him on his face, however by even a light tap, Trunks knocks him out of the ring. The audience believes it was all for show and that Mr. Satan let the Junior Champ win (though he was knocked against a wall and brutally injured his nose and is seen grieving over the pain in private shortly afterward).
After the World Martial Arts Tournament was interrupted by Spopovich and Yamu's attacking Gohan, Mr. Satan is set to fight in a Battle Royal against Android 18, Killa, Jewel, and Mighty Mask. Soon, Killa and Jewel are eliminated, and Android 18 reveals Mighty Mask's true identity (Trunks and Goten). Android 18, who does not want the fame of winning, agrees to throw the final if Satan pays her 20,000,000 Zeni (double the prize money).
At one point in an anime-exclusive filler, he foolishly tries to fly, only to land on and hurt his weak point: his nose (and later tries to cover up his behavior to a bunch of fangirls walking in on him). Later, when Vegeta (now a Majin) attacks the crowd in order for Goku to fight him, Mr. Satan taunts Vegeta, but becomes terrified when Vegeta tells him to keep quiet. After this, Babidi teleports Vegeta, Goku and the others to the desert. Another one point in another anime-exclusive filler, Mr. Satan was in the shower room shortly after his "win" against Android 18, thinking about what had happened in regards to most of the audience being blown away by Vegeta. However, some Paparazzi burst in and started questioning him about his win against Android 18, and he claims to "not hide anything from the fans", and while laughing, accidentally drops his towel in front of everyone, causing the Paparazzis to take pictures of the exposure.
Majin Buu Saga
After Majin Buu kills Babidi and starts terrorizing the Earth, Mr. Satan is sent to his house to kill the monster. Mr. Satan tried to do so by giving Buu poisonous chocolates and a bomb disguised as a video game. These attempts prove so ineffectual that Buu does not even register them as murderous in nature. The cunning Satan then tricks Majin Buu into posing for a photo, having him lie on his belly while Satan strikes a pose, and then becomes Majin Buu's servant. While Mr. Satan plans to use a super explosive to try and kill Majin Buu, Majin Buu returns early from a killing spree with a hurt puppy, showing signs of good in him. Mr. Satan brings this good to the surface by helping Majin Buu heal the puppy and convincing him kindly that killing is wrong. Mr. Satan and Majin Buu then form a true friendship, and name the puppy Bee.
"If I got this guy to change his ways, then I truly have saved the world."
Their happiness is short lived when Bee is shot (by a bullet) and Buu along with Mr. Satan, are attacked by two evil humans, the killer thug Van Zant and his cohort Smitty (both unnamed in the original Japanese, in which Smitty refers to Van Zant as "Young Master"), with rocket launchers. Mr. Satan bravely stands against them, hitting Smitty with a rock and confronting the ringleader (Van Zant) who is reaching for his weapon. Mr. Satan fearlessly dares the thug to try it (stating "Go ahead, pick it up!"). The thug then grabs his weapon, but is immediately assaulted by Mr. Satan (who shouts, "Now It's Your Turn!"), kicking the weapon out of the thug's hands and delivers a furious beating on him for cold-bloodedly shooting Bee (and attempting to kill both him and Buu). He ends the assault with a final kick, sending the punk tumbling off the cliff (Van Zant survives, however), defeating him. After this, a triumphant Mr. Satan calls Van Zant a "Heartless Monster!", and finally proves himself to be a true "hero" (it should be noted that this is one of the few fights where Mr. Satan "completely" dominates his opponent; it also shows that given the right motivation, Mr. Satan is capable of defeating even "armed" opponents when angered).
Majin Buu then heals Bee's wound (saving its life) and all is well (for the moment). Later while Mr. Satan is preparing dinner, he is confronted by Van Zant who holds him at gun point and he prepares to kill "The World's Hero". Mr. Satan tries to use high-speed movement to evade & attack him, but is shot in cold blood, leading to the emergence of the greater evil within Majin Buu.
After Mr. Satan is shot by Van Zant, Majin Buu is torn between the promise he made and the anger he holds. He manages to heal Mr. Satan and the dog, but loses control and tells Mr. Satan to flee before it is too late. He then involuntarily spits out the bulk of his power in the form of an evil, sickly antithesis of himself, which kills Van Zant mercilessly by blasting him, along with a cluster of mountains. After being pummeled badly by the Evil Buu, the good but weaker form, in an act of desperation, attempts to turn the Evil Buu into an edible form using his Antenna Beam. However, Evil Buu reverses the attack by blowing the beam away, emerging as the victor before devouring the good Majin Buu and transforming into Super Buu. Super Buu then brutally kills Smitty (going into his mouth and causing him to expand until he violently explodes), while Mr. Satan and Bee are forced to watch in horror.
Super Buu is almost pure evil, but he still acknowledges Mr. Satan to a degree strong enough that he refuses to harm him, since he possesses the memories of Majin Buu. Obvious examples are as follows:
- When Super Buu looks down at Mr. Satan, he could have easily killed him, but instead, he merely spoke his name and left to go up to the Guardian's lookout.
- When the new Super Buu pulls off his Human Extinction Attack, Mr. Satan is one of the three Earthlings present on the ground to survive (the others being Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu), not because he is skilled enough to avoid it, but because Super Buu simply does not target him.
- Mr. Satan's daughter, Videl, also causes Super Buu to make an agreement allowing Gotenks an hour to prepare for fighting, as Piccolo tells Super Buu that Videl is Mr. Satan's daughter. Super Buu nearly weeps after hearing this, as he had been about to kill Videl at the time. However, this doesn't stop him from turning Videl into candy and eating her after escaping the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
- Mr. Satan breaks down in tears after hearing that Videl is killed by Super Buu and angrily berates Gohan for not saving her, despite that Gohan explained that he wasn't there when Super Buu killed everybody on the lookout.
- Mr. Satan yells at Super Buu, saying that Super Buu has broken his promise to not kill anybody.
During the battle against Super Buu, Mr. Satan is angered to the point that he screams "I hereby terminate our friendship, Majin Buu!" and gets out a 45-Caliber gun. In one hilarious moment, when Super Buu fires a Finger Beam to kill Dende, Mr. Satan shoots at it and it explodes, when in reality Tien intervened and countered it with his Tri-Beam technique. When Super Buu prepares another one (and a much more powerful one, one which Tien had no method of nullifying), Mr. Satan once again starts shooting at Super Buu, and Super Buu is sliced in half, when in reality Goku returned and fired a Destructo Disk at him.
Mr. Satan, along with Dende and Bee, then sits out the rest of the battle and sees Vegito pound Super Buu around. When Super Buu absorbs Vegito, Mr. Satan and Dende tail him around the city as he eats countless cakes and sweets. Ultimately, when Super Buu reverts to Kid Buu, Satan decides to attempt to fight him, but Dende advises him otherwise. Ultimately, when Kid Buu finally succeeds in destroying the Earth, Mr. Satan, Dende and Bee are rescued by Goku, Vegeta and Kibito Kai at the last minute via Kai Kai to the Sacred World of the Kai. At first, Satan believes it all to be a dream, but changes his mind when he is unable to fly, and also when Kid Buu shows up and resumes the battle against Goku and Vegeta.
During the battle, Mr. Satan becomes angered to the point that he challenges Kid Buu to a futile duel (causing a recovering Goku to say, "Please, not him! What did I ever do to deserve this?!"). Mr. Satan punches and kicks Kid Buu rapidly, but these futile efforts do not even faze the Majin. Just when Kid Buu is about to kill Mr. Satan, he hesitates, and starts to scream loudly, holding his head in agony, and then spits out a blue stone that explodes into an unconscious Majin Buu, who turned out to be what was stopping Kid Buu from harming Mr. Satan. Believing Majin Buu to have sacrificed himself to save him one last time, Mr. Satan, with tears dripping from his eyes, challenges Kid Buu with all his might. Just as Kid Buu is about to finish him, Majin Buu intervenes and fights Kid Buu alone while Mr. Satan cheers him on.
Mr. Satan also participates in convincing the people of the newly restored Earth to give their energy to Goku's Super Spirit Bomb, since they refused to listen to Vegeta and Goku (except for Goku and Vegeta's friends and family, of course). He becomes genuinely angry that the people of Earth were refusing to believe and help the one chance they had that would save them from Kid Buu once and for all. The people end up believing they were giving their energies to him when instead, it supplies to the Spirit Bomb making it a lot bigger than before, but Kid Buu cunningly stands beside Vegeta's battered body.
When Goku hesitates to throw the Spirit Bomb at Kid Buu, Majin Buu holds Kid Buu down while Mr. Satan carries Vegeta's limp body aside. The Spirit Bomb destroys Kid Buu after Goku goes Super Saiyan, and Majin Buu and Satan make it back to Earth with Goku, Vegeta, Dende and the Kais, now accepted as two new Z Warriors, and has Majin Buu live with him, now named Mister Buu.
Mr. Satan is seen once again after a few days, having been invited to a great party at Capsule Corporation, where he drinks and plays cards with Yamcha and Master Roshi. After spending time on the sidelines watching with Dende, he also seems to have formed a friendship with him, asking about Dende's job as Guardian of Earth. He also seems to forget his earlier ambitions and attempts to learn how to fly, which means he never masters it.
Dragon Ball Super
God of Destruction Beerus Saga
Main article: God of Destruction Beerus Saga Mr. Satan is seen in a press meeting at Satan House, where he declares to be the universe's savior. Majin Buu enters the meeting proclaiming he was hungry and gets furious with Mr. Satan. Mr. Satan tells the press that Majin Buu is a space soldier and is his first pupil. With the press believing this, Mr. Satan leaves to give Majin Buu a massage.
Mr. Satan later goes to see Vegeta to offer him his reward for saving the world from Majin Buu but Vegeta declines the prize money because he already has enough. He then finds Goku, because of Chi-Chi, and offers to give him 100 million zeni for defeating Majin Buu. First Goku declines the money then takes it because Goten tells Goku if he gave Chi-Chi the money he could train with King Kai. In return for Goku taking the money, Mr. Satan doesn't want anyone to know about the offer. On August 18, Mr. Satan attends Bulma's birthday party on the cruise ship. He prevents Buu from eating all of the food before the party started.
Mr. Satan attends Bulma's birthday party. While he's there, he usually keeps Buu fed so he doesn't get angry. Mr. Satan is eating pudding with Majin Buu when Beerus arrives. Mr. Satan tried to get Buu to give Beerus and Whis pudding but he was blow away by Beerus and Buu for getting in the way. Moments later, Videl and Gohan help Mr. Satan recover. A while later, Oolong faced off against Beerus in a rock-paper-scissors match and lost. Beerus is ready to destroy the Earth after winning against Oolong. Mr. Satan is in fear until Goku arrives and asks for more time.
Goku uses the Dragon Balls to ask Shenron how to unlock Super Saiyan God. After completing the ritual for Super Saiyan God, Goku and Beerus start their battle. As Goku and Beerus get higher into the sky and into space, most of the attendees of Bulma's birthday party went with Bulma and into her spaceship but Mr. Satan remained on the ship. Mr. Satan is contacted by Jimmy Firecracker from ZTV to ask him to help from the rifts Goku and Beerus are causing throughout the universe. Mr. Satan says that he is at a secret birthday party to capture criminals as a cover up. He immediately hangs up and calls Gohan and tells him that he needs to save Videl, but he is falling from the sky in Bulma's spaceship due to Goku and Beerus. The spaceship is above Mr. Satan as it is falling and Mr. Satan is saved by Whis. Mr. Satan starts to watch the battle between Goku and Beerus from Whis's scepter.
Mr. Satan gets concerned of the fight between Goku and Beerus because of Videl's safety. He asks Whis to stop the battle but Whis stresses that he can't because of the power that was being exerted. Mr. Satan tries to bribe him by giving him a free pass of eating food throughout the city but he turns it down. Because of a shining from the sky (due to a blast collision in space), Mr. Satan decides to protect Videl by having himself open in front of her. After their blasts' collision, Mr. Satan thinks his love is what helped saved the Earth. Moments later, Mr. Satan gets a call from Piiza. She tells him that they were overloaded with calls for him. He tells her to get him a press conference ready in a dome for saving the Earth. Goku is defeated and Beerus is on Earth getting ready to destroy it. Mr. Satan gets another call from Piiza. She tells him that the reporters couldn't wait for a press conference and went to his location. Beerus falls asleep in his attempt to destroy the Earth and is taken home by Whis.
Golden Frieza Saga
Main article: Golden Frieza Saga
After the battle with Beerus, Mr. Satan is believed by many humans to have defeated him. He appears at a press conference and is interviewed. They ask him who it was that attacked the Earth, and he says it was a God of Destruction. Mr. Satan does not correctly remember Beerus' name, so he tells the reporters that the God of Destruction was named "Beebus". He also says that he defeated Beebus in Super Saiyan (Satan thinks its the Super Saiyan God form). During the conference, a spaceship lands. Cat-like humanoids emerge from the spacecraft and say that they are ambassadors of the Snackian people. They believe that Mr. Satan has defeated Beerus, and so, they want to thank him. A Snackian warrior called Galbee comes out of the spaceship and tells the ambassadors that they should test Mr. Satan's power to see if he really was the one who defeated Beerus. The ambassadors decide that they will prepare an arena so that Galbee and Mr. Satan can fight. Mr. Satan is scared by Galbee's appearance, and knows he cannot win against him, so he fakes a stomach problem and hides in the bathroom.
He desperately tries to call Gohan to fight for him in his place, but he ignores his cell phone, and is busy cooking for Videl. He also tries to call Vegeta, but he is also not available, and is training in a wasteland. Eventually, he goes to the arena, reluctantly, and agrees to fight Galbee. Goku flew into Satan City, and saw the match happening. He wished Mr. Satan luck, but he did not fight Galbee, like Mr. Satan wanted him to because Goku saw Chi-Chi nearby, who noticed him. He soon flew away, dragging a tractor he was carrying along with him. Galbee and Mr. Satan fight, with Mr. Satan running for most of the match and doing nothing but dodging. He is hesitant and decides he must charge Galbee, so he punches him, and his punch does nothing. Just when Galbee is about to punch him, he sees Bee, and is terrified. Galbee runs back into the spaceship, and the other Snackians, who are also afraid of dogs, follow. The Snackians then leave Earth.
Six months later, Pan is born and Mr. Satan makes funny faces at Pan to make her laugh, and then he plays with her and Gohan, dressed as the Great Saiyaman, and tossed Pan around while doing so, until Chi-Chi interrupted and yelled at them. Mr. Satan along with Gohan, wanted Pan to be a martial artist with tons of successors but she did not want another warrior in the family and she threw him and Gohan out for not trusting them with Pan and Mr. Satan begs Goku and Krillin to convince Chi-Chi to change her mind and eventually Bulma and Videl do it and Gohan and Mr. Satan are allowed back in the house again.
While Goku and his friends were fighting Frieza, Mr. Satan and Buu were taking a nap in their mansion when they were unaware of the Earth exploding due to Frieza blowing it up. Both of them were killed until Whis undid the event with his Temporal Do-Over technique so that Goku can kill Frieza once more. Mr Satan later attends the feast thrown by Bulma with his family and friends
Universe 6 Saga
Main article: Universe 6 Saga Mr. Satan accompanies the Z Fighters and their families to the Nameless Planet for the tournament between Universes 6 and 7, and he sits in the audience to watch the matches proceed.
Main article: Copy-Vegeta Saga During the victory party, Mr. Satan runs into Monaka while he is making a delivery to Earth and asks if he remembers him. Mr. Satan brings up the business offer that he had earlier made to him. He calls out his assistant Miss Piiza who is wearing a large Monaka costume wearing a belt that says "Satan Gym" on it and asks him what he thinks of it then chastises Miss Piiza when she removes the mask as it breaks the mascot code.
"Future" Trunks Saga
Main article: "Future" Trunks Saga
Mr. Satan greets Future Trunks when he comes.
He later appears in a starring role in the movie Great Saiyaman vs Mr. Satan.
Universe Survival Saga
Main article: Universe Survival Saga
In the anime, Mr. Satan accompanies Goku and Gohan to the Zeno Expo because they want Majin Buu to participate and only Mr. Satan can keep him under control. He cheers for Majin Buu during his fight although he disapproves of Majin Buu for playing during the fight. When Mr. Satan is injured, Majin Buu is enraged enough to start fighting seriously and wins. Mr. Satan cheers for Gohan and Goku's respective matches and learns that Universe 7 will be erased if they lose in the Tournament of Power, worrying him to the point of fainting. They return to Capsule Corp to come up with a strategy, just in time for Bulla to be born. Mr. Satan holds the baby and makes a funny face, but this makes Bulla cry and Vegeta angry enough to transform into Super Saiyan Blue. Later he informed Bulma that Buu is under sleep and won't wake up for 2 months.
In the manga, Mr. Satan appears on a late night talk show, discussing how he defeated Cell over 10 years ago and saved the world.
Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga
Main article: Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga
Mr. Satan makes an urgent call to Bulma when members of the Galactic Patrol suddenly appear at his home and attempt to kidnap Buu while he is asleep. Mr. Satan threatens them to stop but when they don't listen he takes out a gun and fires a shot at Merus though he quickly shoots the bullet with his weapon. When Goku shows, Mr. Satan is overjoyed to see him and begs him to save Buu though Goku is ultimately knocked out along with Vegeta and taken alongside Buu to their headquarters.
One week later, he travels with Bulma and her daughter to Tights place so that Bulma can use her communicator to get in touch with Jaco. While there he has Bulma ask Jaco how Buu is doing and is happy to hear that he is just fine. Once, Bulma retrieves the communicator from Tights, Mr. Satan goes with Bulma and Bulla to the Lookout to inform Dende that Jaco is trying to recruit Piccolo into the Galactic Patrol. They have Jaco tell Dende about the whole situation regarding Moro through the communicator and why he is in need to recruit fighters into the Galactic Patrol so Dende agrees to come along with Mr. Satan, Bulma and Bulla to inform Piccolo about this. Shortly after Krillin appears on the Lookout, three of Moro's minions, Seven-Three, Shimorekka, and Yunba appear using a warp portal. While Krillin battles Yunba, Bulma requests Mr. Satan to help and he charges in but before he can be of use, Yunba sends Krillin crashing through the Lookout and Mr. Satan joins Bulma and Dende in a ship to follow them.
Two months later, while still on The Lookout, a member of the Galactic Patrol brings home Buu who is still asleep. Mr. Satan is overjoyed to see that his friend is still alright and warns the Galactic Patrol member that if they ever kidnap him again that they will answer to him. After the battles are finally over, Buu, having finally awoken reunites with his friend once more. Elated to see him, Mr. Satan decides to put on a celebratory feast at his home for all his friends and family.
Peaceful World Saga
Main article: Peaceful World Saga Ten years after Majin Buu's defeat, Mr. Satan is still the World Martial Arts Champion, due to he and Mr. Buu cheating the public by having Mr. Buu defeat the participants and then lose to Mr. Satan on purpose in the finals, although he promises Buu that one day he will let him win. At the start of the next one, Mr. Satan is greeted by Goku, Goten, Trunks, Vegeta, and Pan (Gohan and Videl's daughter). Mr. Satan is only seen hugging his granddaughter, wanting to spoil her sick, and worrying himself sick when he sees Pan go up against a hulking fighter called Wild Tiger. Mr. Satan briefly panics when he learns that Goku, Vegeta and their children will participate, but Goku promises him that whoever makes it to the final will lose to him on purpose to maintain his image (and avoid media pressure). When Goku departs with a boy named Uub, Mr. Satan and Mr. Buu watch their friend leave.
Dragon Ball GT
Main article: Baby Saga
During the war against Baby, Mr. Satan goes along with Majin Buu, Uub and Pan to New Planet Plant (New Planet Tuffle) to put up a stand against Baby Vegeta until Goku arrives again. After Trunks, Goten and Gohan are freed from Baby's control, Mr. Satan helps out to the best of his abilities to fight against Baby Vegeta with all the free Z Warriors, and at one point when thinking Baby had killed Pan, he stood up to Baby in anger and prepared to fight him personally, until he found out Goku had rescued her. However they have a rough battle until Uub who had tricked Baby Vegeta (now controlling a Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta) into eating him earlier inflated his stomach, causing him great pain and reducing his strength. He is present when Goku finally forces Baby out of Vegeta and then blasts him into the sun as he tries to escape on a spaceship.
Since Baby used the Black Star Dragon Balls to create the new Planet Plant, the Earth was now in danger once again of exploding from using them. Goku and company knew they would need to evacuate everyone from Earth to the new Planet Tuffle for safety, but they also knew most of the people of Earth would not believe them if Goku or his friends told them the situation, but he knew they would believe Mr. Satan, since they still believe he defeated Cell quite a few years ago. They had Mr. Satan announce to everyone on Earth that the planet was going to explode, and that they would need to go with his officials for proper transportation. Everyone listened to him (except a few skeptics, who Vegeta simply knocked out and threw in with the luggage) and went to Planet Tuffle for safety via Goku's or Kibito Kai's instant transmission, or King Furry's ship transportation before the Earth exploded.
Super 17 Saga
Main article: Super 17 Saga
When the dead are brought back from Hell in Age 790, Mr. Satan is shown running away from members of the Red Ribbon Army who are defeated by Pan. During the fight against Super 17, he is seen watching over Pan after she is knocked out.
Shadow Dragon Saga
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound
Taking place after the Cell Games, millionaire X.S. Cash organizes an Intergalactic World Tournament as a birthday present for his only son Monty, supposed to feature fighters representing the four corners of the galaxy (in reality, the 4 fighters are actually the pupils of Mr. Satan; made-up to look like aliens). The winner of the said tournament is to win a prize of 100,000,000 Zeni and get a chance to fight Mr. Satan. Mr. Satan looks forward to the tournament at first, but chickens out when he sees Gohan and Future Trunks (the "Golden Fighters") participating. He tries to get out having to fight by sitting on the toilet with a fake stomach ache. During the finals it is discovered that Bojack and his henchmen have killed Mr. Satan's pupils (the fake galaxy warriors) and are posing as them. Mr. Satan is forced to face Bojack (to protect his public image) and actually ends up accidentally saving Gohan from the galaxy soldiers Psychic Thread energy draining technique, as his shuttle-car (a vehicle used to travel to the staging area) flies wildly through the area, but his shuttle-car is blasted by an angry Bojack and is destroyed, leaving Mr. Satan who comically falls to the ground, creating a man-sized crater (luckily he survives). Shortly thereafter, Bojack tells Gohan that, for the latter's sake, he hopes that the champion was not Gohan's cavalry, causing the boy to attack the pirate in a rage. Due to the cameras having been damaged during the fight, the audience is unable to see the tournament's climax, and Mr. Satan is once again awarded Gohan's credit for defeating Bojack. In order to keep up his public image, Mr. Satan plays along.
The character is still called Mr. Satan in the UK dub of the movie, while he is named Hercule in the UK anime; this is because of it being dubbed by a Dutch company that only dubbed the movies and not the episodes.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly
"I'll pay, just don't break anything."
Taking place sometime after the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament, Mr. Satan is visited by Android 18 as he had not paid the 20,000,000 Zeni he promised her, with Mr. Satan claiming it had not been mailed to him yet. He is soon is invited by his old rival Lord Jaguar to fight his Bio-Warriors. If not, Jaguar would reveal to the world Mr. Satan's bed wetting secret from when he was young, and from when they were friends. Android 18, Trunks, Goten, and Krillin follow Mr. Satan to Mei Queen Castle, and defeat the Bio-Warriors pretending to be Mr. Satan's students. That is, until Bio-Broly, a clone of the late Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, is activated and tries to kill Satan. In the end, after Bio-Broly is killed, Satan ends up stranded in the water, and the greedy Android 18 refuses to save him unless he pays her an extra 80,000,000 Zeni. Fuming, he swims off, excusing his departure as claiming he needed to go on an appointment.
He is not referred to as "Mr. Satan" in this movie, however, but either "Hercule" or plain "Satan". It is subtly implied in this movie that Mr. Satan had a bad case of incontinence when he was a child, as Men-Men's tactic of persuading Mr. Satan to come to Jaguar's castle involved blackmail (that is, threatening to reveal to the press that Mr. Satan wet his bed at summer camp).
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn
When the dead are resurrected, Mr. Satan is only seen for a few seconds, beating up walking skeletons and zombies (this is perhaps the only fight against a threatening force to the Earth where Mr. Satan actually succeeds at winning, he even says "Finally an adversary I can really beat! I need to do this where someone can see me!"). He then marches off with skeletons and zombies behind him, presumably to attract an audience to demonstrate that he can in fact beat adversaries due to his latter line as he marches.
Battle of Gods
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
Four years after Kid Buu's defeat, Mr. Satan attends Bulma's birthday party with Majin Buu at Capsule Corporation. At one point, Mr. Satan asks Dr. Brief to get him a drink but he doesn't recognize who he is. Ox-King and Chi-Chi tells him that he's Bulma's father and the richest guy in the world. Mr. Satan is sorry for the confusion and gets Dr. Brief a Cola for his apologies. When Beerus and Whis arrive and are hanging out at Bulma's party, Mr. Satan is drunk and challenges Beerus to a fight. However, he passes out because he's too drunk.
Later, Beerus gets angry because of Majin Buu not sharing pudding. Goku shows up and summons Shenron for help to make a Super Saiyan God. The process needs six pure-blooded Saiyans. Before they knew of the sixth, Mr. Satan thought that he was needed for the ritual but Videl reveals that she's pregnant. The Super Saiyan God is created so Goku and Beerus have their battle. Mr. Satan watches the match from Bulma's air craft. Beerus wins in the end but doesn't destroy Earth so he returns home.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Main article: Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Two years after the defeat of Kid Buu, Mr. Satan's new hotel is finishing so he holds a banquet at the opening of the hotel to celebrate their victory over Kid Buu.
Dragon Ball Online
Main article: Dragon Ball Online
In the background story of the computer game Dragon Ball Online, Mr. Satan announces his retirement from the world of martial arts in Age 793. His official reason for retiring is to give the next generation a chance. However, the truth is that it became impossible for him to continue rigging the tournament without his partner Mr. Buu. Mr. Satan then starts the Telecommunicated Satan-style Martial Arts Course in an attempt to make money. As the videos were just overpriced rip-offs that featured flashy fight scenes enhanced through special effects, customer claims that the Telecommunicated Satan-style Martial Arts Course is worthless rapidly spread. Disgruntled costumers flood Satan House in Age 794, prompting Pan to subdue them. The event becomes a big scandal and the Telecommunicated Satan-style Martial Arts Course is then renamed the Pan Fighting Network, with Pan as the instructor.
Mr. Satan ends up being very active as a movie star. Appearing in all sorts of films, he plays the role of various types of characters in everything from romance films to action flicks. The film "Satan Legend" starring Mr. Satan is released in Age 796. It is a refreshing movie, but did not do well in at the box office. Nevertheless, it solicited a cult-like popularity among different parts of the world.
When Mr. Satan dies in Age 820, the King of Earth honors him with a national funeral. His death in Age 820 causes the remnants of the Frieza Force lead by Frieza's Guard Troops (who presumably took control of its surviving forces after the deaths of Sorbet and the revived Frieza during Frieza's revenge in Age 779), to invade Earth later that same year as they were fooled by Mr. Satan's reputation and believed he was the one responsible for Frieza's death (presumably Frieza's second death in Age 779), which caused them to avoid attacking Earth while he was still alive, thus Mr. Satan's overblown reputation ended up preventing an a third invasion of the Earth by the Frieza Force (as the first two lead by Frieza himself in his attempts at revenge) for at least 41 years (the time period in between Age 779 and Age 820) which serves as another example of Mr. Satan's ability to delude others.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Cell Games Saga
In an alternate timeline of the Cell Games created by the Time Breakers, Mira and Towa, Mr. Satan falls under the influence of Towa's Dark Magic, which grants him a Villainous Mode greatly increasing his power to beyond what it was historically, however due to Towa's influence, he becomes the Time Breakers' pawn along with Villainous Perfect Cell, and Cell Jrs. which leads to an alternate timeline where Cell and the Cell Jrs. overpower Gohan with their own version of the Father-son Kamehameha, killing him. To prevent this timeline from occurring, the Future Warrior is sent back to Age 767 by Xeno Trunks and Chronoa. Like in the original timeline, Mr. Satan faces off against Perfect Cell, however Cell falls under Towa's control right at the moment before Cell swats Mr. Satan into a nearby mountain, forcing the Future Warrior to humorously kick Mr. Satan out of the way to prevent him from being killed by Dark Cell, however Mr. Satan becomes angry at the Warrior for kicking him and stealing the spotlight. Mr. Satan steps up to challenge Cell again, forcing the Future Warrior to protect the future Hero of the World from Dark Cell. Eventually Mr. Satan is knocked out of the ring and into a nearby mountain by Cell. The Future Warrior checks on Mr. Satan and finds he is still alive and Xeno Trunks confirms that Mr. Satan's survival indicates that this part of the timeline has been restored with Mr. Satan out of bounds, FSSJ Goku steps up to fight Cell. However, before the Warrior can rejoin the fight against Cell, Towa uses her magic on Mr. Satan, granting him the power of Villainous Mode via energy from Mira, which the Warrior and Xeno Trunks discover grants Mr. Satan the power to fly and use ki blasts like the Z-Fighters. However his personality is altered by this new state, causes him to lash out in anger against the Future Warrior for their interference during his match with Cell, while ignoring Cell completely. In his new state, Dark Mr. Satan proves to actually be a challenge for the Future Warrior. However the Warrior manages to overpower Mr. Satan, knocking him down. However his Villainous Mode, allows the Dark Mr. Satan to continue fighting the Warrior, despite the pain from his injuries. This forces the Future Warrior to beat Dark Mr. Satan into unconsciousness to remove him from Towa's influence. Ultimately the Future Warrior is able to restore the timeline (albeit with some minor alterations due to Towa and Mira's meddling) and Gohan kills Cell with the Father-Son Kamehameha, which allows Mr. Satan to take the credit for Cell's defeat like in the original timeline.
- Majin Buu Saga
During the alternate timeline of Age 774, under the influence of Demigra's Dark Magic, Super Buu uses Planet Burst during his fight with Ultimate Gohan, destroying the Earth which kills Mr. Satan, Bee, Piccolo, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, Tien Shinhan, and Chiaotzu. To prevent this alteration of history, the Future Warrior is sent once again to fix the timeline. Through their efforts they prevent the destruction of the Earth (and thus Mr. Satan's death) by Super Buu, however it is eventually destroyed like in the original timeline by Kid Buu. However Mr. Satan is saved from death like in the original timeline and brought to the Sacred World of the Kais and the final battle against Kid Buu occurs. As in the original timeline, Mr. Satan aids Goku and Vegeta in convincing the people of Earth to give their energy to the Super Spirit Bomb, while Vegeta, Majin Buu, and the Future Warrior by time against Villainous Mode enhanced Kid Buu. Dark Kid Buu almost manages to overpower the Super Spirit Bomb, but thankfully the Future Warrior adds their power to the Super Spirit Bomb and together with Goku delivers the final push that destroys Kid Buu, restoring the timeline. Mr. Satan confirms Kid Buu defeat to the people of Earth, who celebrate. Mr. Satan congratulates Goku and Vegeta on a job well done. He also tries to thank the Future Warrior, but finds they have mysteriously disappeared, as they had returned to Age 850.
- Master Training
In Age 850, Mr. Satan is among the many martial arts Masters who the Supreme Kai of Time summoned to train the Future Warrior though like when he found himself of the Sacred Planet of the Kais he believes that Toki Toki City is a dream. Despite having seemingly having little to offer the Future Warrior as a Master, the Future Warrior can still train under Mr. Satan in order to learn his unique skills and fighting techniques. Additionally a gold Statue of Mr. Satan appears in the Time Machine Station and is where the Future Warrior's current master can be found originally before an update changed their location to in front of the News Board.
Main article: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Time Miniature timelines
In Xenoverse 2, inside an alternate timeline within a Time Rift anomaly around Majin Buu's House, Mr. Satan is show helping Majin Buu settle into his newly rebuilt house when Buu calls him over to explain how to pronounce a word he doesn't recognize in a book he is reading. Mr. Satan is surprised when he finds Buu is reading the adult novel Bob & Margaret and asks Buu were he got it. Buu reveals he got it from Mr. Satan's room and Mr. Satan tells him he shouldn't be reading books like that and tries to take it away, but Buu stubbornly refuses and Mr. Satan gives up.
In addition to Majin Buu's House, another Time Rift anomaly forms around Satan House. In this timeline Mr. Satan is looking for a bodyguard and the Future Warrior can offer to take the job but Mr. Satan wants to test them by having them perform various tasks paying them each time they accomplish said task though he pays extra if they are a fellow Earthling. The amount of money increases each time they are completed though eventually it levels out once all the main tasks are completed and replaced by complete any 10 quests challenge of which they are awarded the same amount. Interestingly it is impossible to actually become Mr. Satan's bodyguard as he will state that they should have completed the challenge faster (however he says this regardless as to have fast they completed his challenge). The Future Warrior is asked to investigate it along with the other rifts.
"I heard that Majin Buu turned good thanks to Mr. Satan. So if it weren't for Mr. Satan, I never would have been born..."
— Majin Time Patroller Nanmai noting the important role Mr. Satan played in Majin history in Xenoverse 2
Several Time Patrollers including Ninja Murasaki of the Murasaki Brothers are also investigating the rift as well. A female Majin Time Patroller named Nanmai mentions she heard about Mr. Satan's role in Majin Buu turning good and notes if it weren't for Mr. Satan she would never been born as Good Buu is the progenitor of the Majin Race.
Mr. Satan's challenges are optional as the Saiya Squad quests involving Great Saiyaman, Great Saiyaman 2, & Jaco are the ones that are required. If the Future Warrior is an Earthling, Mr. Satan takes part in their Awakening side quest which allows them to unlock an exclusive Awoken Skill transformation. The Saiya Squad suggest they need something to stand out more. The warrior must than speck to Jaco and Mr. Satan for ideas. Jaco suggests a weapon, while Mr. Satan suggests some kind of vehicle. They take these ideas back to the Saiya Squad and Great Saiyaman remembers something that would fit those two criteria. Thus allows them to take part in Satan House Quest: "Earthling Awakening" which unlocks the Power Pole Pro awoken skill which allows them to utilize the Flying Nimbus and Power Pole as a "transformation". After completing the Saiya Squad quests, Mr. Satan will tell them about a guy with spiky hair wearing a mask who left a strange egg on his property and thinks they would be best suited to deal with it. Chronoa reveals that the egg is an attempt by Towa to artificially replicate Tokitoki's Eggs which is impossible resulting in several wearer Distorted Time Eggs which alone have the power to create large stable Rifts in Time like the ones around Majin Buu's House and Satan House. After all the eggs are collected, Chronoa allows the Satan House rift and other rifts remain as they are stable and she considers removing them a hassle.
- Android Warfare Saga
Mr. Satan appears during the Cell Games in Age 767 and aids the head of Android 16 reach Gohan as the Future Warrior fights against the Dark Cell Juniors with the Z Fighters. Mr. Satan is successful and Android 16's destruction at the hands of Cell trigger Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 transformation like in the original history.
- Decisive Battle with Majin Buu
Mr. Satan appears during the final battle with Kid Buu•Supervillain in Age 774 where he convinces the people of Earth to give their energy to the Super Spirit Bomb as the Future Warrior and Vegeta hold off Buu. Eventually Goku finishes the technique and Mr. Satan watches it destroy Kid Buu•Supervillain alongside Vegeta.
- God of Destruction's Anger Saga
After the defeat of Kid Buu•Supervillain in Age 774, Mr. Satan can be seen together with Goku and Vegeta as the Future Warrior observes from afar as they are contacted by Elder Kai and Chronoa who inform them Trunks: Xeno has regained consciousness after his battle with Janemba•Supervillain and tells them that there was another person with Janemba and should be nearby. The Future Warrior spots the masked man Mr. Satan described in the Satan House rift timeline and gives chase but ends up transported four years into the future right in the middle of Goku's battle with Beerus in Age 778.
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot As early as the Saiyan Saga, Kid Gohan can visit Orange City where he can encounter a couple NPCs that mention an up-and-coming martial artist named Mark indicating that before he became world famous, Mr. Satan used his real name before adopting the stage name that the city would later be renamed after following the defeat of Cell.
However by the time of the Intermission in Age 763 that takes place after the Frieza Saga, is when he started using the stage name Mr. Satan (Mr. Satan's name is not censored in Kakarot).
- Manga and Anime
Although very weak when compared to Goku and the others, Mr. Satan is a skilled martial artist whose strength exceeds that of regular people. His strength is much greater than that of "normal" humans like the evil gunmen Van Zant and Smitty, and it is higher than that of a martial artist like Spopovich (before Babidi increases his power). Mr. Satan also seemingly has superhuman levels of strength and speed, demonstrated when he moves so fast he vanishes from sight making it appears like he is teleporting (to Van Zant - an ordinary human), pulls four buses single-handedly and punches a hole in one (in the anime), tearing multiple phone books in half, and crushes fourteen tiles simultaneously with a chop. In his match against Spopovich in the 24th World Tournament (only in the anime), he displays the ability to leap very high into the air and land with no apparent damage or difficulty, and effortlessly sends Spopovich, who is much larger and more muscular than him, flying with a single kick. Mr. Satan also survived a fight with Mercenary Tao (albeit with extreme injury) while training at Satan Castle (surviving a battle with Tao which resulted in the death of his martial teacher), something not even the likes of General Blue or Bora were capable of. However, according to Gohan, his skills are below that of his daughter Videl, who has a basic understanding of ki and flight, and takes training more seriously than he does.
He is able to survive being knocked into a mountain by Perfect Cell (although Piccolo notes that Cell did not want to expend any effort into attacking the likes of Satan), and even a light punch to the face from Kid Buu, though these instances are likely intended for comic relief. In Dragon Ball GT, he also survives a kick from Omega Shenron, though again for comedic effect and, like with Cell, it's possible that Omega Shenron didn't exert any real effort into the attack.
All in all, Mr. Satan's fighting capabilities are similar to other normal Earthling martial artists seen in Dragon Ball like Nam and King Chappa who while not as strong as Goku and the Z Fighters (who, with all fairness, either have access to training a 'typical' human would generally never have or aren't human) are still stronger than normal untrained humans and possess superhuman capabilities such as superhuman strength and speed (allowing them to use techniques like Rapid Movement and the Afterimage Technique).
- Statements by guidebooks and authors
Akira Toriyama stated that he did not have the feeling that Mr. Satan is as strong as Bob Sapp.
- Video Games
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Mr. Satan's power level is increased when he falls under the influence of Towa's Dark Magic and controlled by Mira which grants him enhanced abilities such as the ability to fly using ki, fire ki blasts, and Kiai. As Dark Mr. Satan he is strong enough to fight against the Future Warrior during the Cell Games and has to be defeated twice before Mira's hold on him is broken. In Xenoverse 2, Parallel Quest: "Hercule Is Number One", Dark Mr. Satan is shown to be strong enough to fight against Videl, Gohan, and Goten (and up to three additional fighters selected by the player, yet can still hold his own even against six opponents). The plot description for the quest also implies that, as Dark Mr. Satan, he really is the World's Strongest. His strength is also great enough to impress Goten who is surprised by his strength.
- Hikou – Mr. Satan can "fly" by utilizing a jet-pack.
- Flight – When Mr. Satan is given the dark power up in the Xenoverse series, he becomes capable of flying through the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – When Mr. Satan is given the dark power up in the Xenoverse series, he becomes capable of utilizing ki blasts.
- Dynamite Kick – Mr. Satan used this against Perfect Cell, with no effect outside of video games.
- Satan Punch – Mr. Satan's signature move, this is just an ordinary punch preceded by Satan shouting "Satan Punch!" when he uses it. He actually used this for the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament on the Punching Machine which was destroyed by Vegeta. This is also known as the Megaton Punch.
- King of Dreamers – Mr. Satan runs up at the opponent and throws a barrage of kicks and punches to which the opponent does not react at all. He then lifts them and throws them in the air with a mighty heave and raises his first two fingers. He uses this attack only once against Android 18 before winning the match with the Dynamic Mess Em Up Punch. It is one of Mr. Satan's Blast 2 attacks in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, and his grapple throw in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
- Dynamic Mess Em Up Punch – He starts the attack by stepping far back, then rushing to his opponent as fast as he can, directly punching his opponent right between their eyes.
- Present For You – Mr. Satan dashes towards his opponent, stops at the last second, hands his opponent a giftwrapped box (which contains a handheld video game console and game), and then he runs off as his opponent is distractedly playing the portable game. Satan then pushes a remote-control button to make the handheld game explode.
- Hercule Special – Mr. Satan begins the technique with a punch while screaming "You're through!". The punch does not phase the opponent, and actually ends up causing pain to Mr. Satan's hand. He then follows up with saying "My my, you're so strong!" and points in a random direction as a distraction for the opponent. While they are distracted, Mr. Satan proceeds to elbow the opponent out of the way. He then sets up his camera, tiptoes over to the opponent while raising his first two fingers, and a photo is taken as if he defeated the opponent.
- Persuasion - By far Mr. Satan's greatest strengths his is ability to persuade and delude most people into believing he is an extremely powerful martial artist capable of defeating the likes of Perfect Cell, Bojack (in Bojack Unbound), Majin Buu, and a fictional caricature of Beerus (which is mistaken for the real Beerus by a group of cat-like aliens). In Dragon Ball Online, the false reputation he had built was enough to convince the Guard troops leading the remnants of Frieza Force to believe he was responsible for defeating Frieza, which caused them to avoid attacking Earth until after Mr. Satan passed away in Age 820. His gift for persuasion is enough to convince most people on his word alone, with very little evidence, with even flimsy stories or arguments. However it generally does not work on those who can sense ki (such as the Z Fighters) and people who knew him in the past like Lord Jaguar or his family like Videl (who was never completely convinced that her father had truly defeated Cell), however he is able to continue to fool most people by rigging tournament fights with fighters such as Android 18, Majin Buu, legitimately defeating normal martial artists like Spopovich (before his potential was unlocked by Babidi's Manipulation Sorcery), and claiming members of his extended family like Goten and Z Fighters like Good Buu are his disciples, as well as the strength possessed both his daughter and granddaughter, and partial Saiyan descendants which are assumed to have been inherited from him. Though his claims are far from the truth, they ironically have a ring of truth as Mr. Satan's actions ended up helping Gohan to defeat both Perfect Cell & Bojack, as well as befriending Innocent Buu and convincing him to stop killing which lead to the creation of Good Buu who would oppose both Evil Buu and Kid Buu, and was instrumental in convincing the people of Earth to give energy to the Super Spirit Bomb that destroyed Kid Buu.
- Miracle Kneel - Mr. Satan backs out of having to fight opponents stronger than him by crouching down clutching his stomach pretending to suffer from stomach pains while maintaining his reputation as Martial Arts Champion.
- Hercule Ultra Dynamite – A High Speed Rush technique where Hercule releases a fast combo of kicks and punches on his enemy. He uses this technique to knock Van Zant and Smitty out. Also used in the Budokai series and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Rapid Movement – The fighter moves with great speed, which creates the illusion of teleportation.
- Fearful Fist – The dashing punch he used against Van Zant. Named in the Butōden series.
- Volcanic Sting – The three hits punch attack he used against a zombie in Fusion Reborn. Named in the Butōden series.
- Mister Buu Arrives! – A team attack where Buu arrives to help Mr. Satan after he is kicked by his opponent. It is Mr. Satan's Ultimate Blast in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
- Hercule Attack – Mr. Buu saves Mr. Satan after his jetpack fails. It is their team attack in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Super Spirit Bomb – Goku and Mr. Satan's Ultimate Team Attack, where Mr. Satan uses his "ability to convince the people of Earth" (possibly his "greatest strength") to help out by giving up their energy to Goku (believing they are giving it to Mr. Satan himself). Goku then throws the completed Super Spirit Bomb at the opponent, concluding the attack. They used this attack to defeated Kid Buu. Appears in Supersonic Warriors 2, as Goku (Base) and Mr. Satan's Team Attack.
- Rolling Attack – Mr. Satan rolls towards the opponent. Used in the Butōden series.
- Rolling Hercule Punch – Mr. Satan rolls towards the opponent, only to make a punch that slams the opponent away. White and blue stars, along with funny sounds emits when he successfully hit the opponent. Used in the Budokai series. In World Mission, its name is localized as Rolling Satan Punch.
- Hercule Critical Attack – Mr. Satan kicks the opponent up in the air, then he kicks and punches them down back. Used in the Budokai series.
- Hercule Miracle Bomber – Mr. Satan attacks the opponent with weak punches, and then tries to kick them, but the opponent hits Satan up in the air. When Mr. Satan comes falling down, he lands on the opponent for damage. Used in the Budokai series.
- Power Stance – A special fighting stance. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- I just remembered some urgent business! – One of Mr. Satan's techniques in Zenkai Battle Royale.
- False Courage – One of Mr. Satan's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. It makes him immune to flinching from enemy attacks, as well as adding defensive bonuses, reducing incoming damage.
- Champion Style?! – A supportive technique which allows Mr. Satan to recover his strength from the cheers of his fans. Mr. Satan yells "Brace yourselves!" as he raises his two first fingers in the air, putting him into Max power mode. It is one of Mr. Satan's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series, called Howl before Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Number One! in Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Peace Sign Pose – Posing for the camera, the flash stuns all enemies in the area, allowing for a quick pummeling by Mr. Satan himself. Named and used in the Legacy of Goku series.
- Taunt - A technique where Mr. Satan mocks his opponent. Originally used by Mr. Satan to taunt Cell during the Cell Games due to his belief that Cell's powerful abilities were just parlor tricks.
- Spirit Explosion - Used by Dark Mr. Satan in Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- Bloody Sauce - Used by Dark Mr. Satan in Xenoverse.
- Rage Saucer - Used by Dark Mr. Satan in Xenoverse.
- Baked Sphere - Used by Dark Mr. Satan in Xenoverse.
- Kamehameha - Mr. Satan uses it in Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X's Kamehameha mode. In World Mission, Mr. Satan can be equipped with the Kamehameha Super Attack via its Accessory which can be equipped through the Custom Deck or added to his custom card via Card Creation. Additionally, Kamehameha Mode appears as a type of CAA Special Ability which has several variations that differ in name and additional effects. Kamehameha Mode can be activated after both teams' Attack Phases and if the enemy team accesses Kamehameha Mode as well it will result in an Kamehameha Clash. Like the Super Attack Accessory, the Kamehameha Mode variants can be equipped via their corresponding CAA Special Ability Accessories.
- Majin Kamehameha - Like all the other variants, performing the Majin Kamehameha is no different except the coloration and power.
Forms and Power ups
- Super Mr. Satan
"I'VE BECOME A GOD!"
— Super Mr. Satan when being selected in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Super Mr. Satan is Mr. Satan's self-described "God" form as deluded by him in his false retelling of the fight between him and Beavis. This form looks suspiciously identical to the Super Saiyan transformation. His hair and his mustache take on a golden color, his afro becomes spiked and stands straight up, his eye color becomes greenish-blue, and a golden pulsing, flame-like aura surrounds him. This form is playable as an actual form for Mr. Satan in IC Carddass Dragon Ball.
"So? What do you want from, the great Mr. Satan? What's this? You brought the great Mr. Satan a gift, huh? Heh heh heh! Thanks! I'm always available to receive gifts from my adoring fans! Wait, this is... No way! It's a Super Mr. Satan outfit! H-How'd you know...? This is great! I can wear this at my next event! Bwa ha ha ha! My fans are in for a real treat!"
— Mr. Satan upon receiving his gift in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
In Xenoverse 2 after the 1.09.00 Update, it appears as Mr. Satan's Special Costume Super Hercule Set which can be unlocked by purchasing Gift (Hercule) from the TP Medal Shop and then give the gift to Mr. Satan (he must be the Warrior's active Instructor to give it to him) which will unlock the Super Hercule Set as a Special Costume for Mr. Satan in Partner Customization. His cape is replaced by his Jetpack though the rest of his outfit matches his appearance in his false retelling. However as it is just a costume it has no effect on his aura, though his hair is identical in appearance to Super Saiyans and Super Saiyan wig accessories even having the same golden sheen (presumably it is a wig like the Super Saiyan wigs available for the Future Warrior) and his eyes are green (presumably green color contact lens).
- High Tension
Main article: High Tension Mr. Satan can use High Tension as a transformation in the Budokai series. Once activated, white aura seeps out through his skin and radiates in a flame-like manner. Mr. Satan's daughter, Videl, has the same type of aura.
- Controlled by Mira
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, due to a magic spell by Towa, Mr. Satan is taken control of and greatly powered up by Mira. Taking on a form similar to Villainous Mode, his appearance changes slightly and he gains red eyes and a dark aura.
In this form, Mr. Satan is far more powerful than ever before and is even efficient enough in fighting against Super Saiyan Goku and the Future Warrior at the time of the Cell Games, he is also capable of controlling his ki, allowing him to fly and utilize ki blasts.
- Villainous Mode
Main article: Villainous Mode In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, in Parallel Quest 34: "Majin Revival". Mr. Satan revives and takes on this power up form if he is defeated if Majin Buu's health is over 50%. His appearance is basically the same as it was when he was controlled by Mira as he gains red eyes and a dark purple and black aura. Like when he was controlled by Mira, Mr. Satan gains the ability to control his ki to fly and fire ki blasts.
In Xenoverse 2, Mr. Satan also uses this power up form in Parallel Quest 54: "Majin Revival" (which is basically the same quest as Majin Revival in Xenoverse though with Vegeta replaced by Majin Vegeta) and it appears when he revives after he is defeat if Majin Buu's health is over 50%.Additionally, it also appears in Parallel Quest 56: "Hercule Is Number One" in which it causes Mr. Satan to attack Gohan, Goten, and Videl forcing the Time Patrol to step in and defeat him to restore him to his senses. If he is defeated in 5 minutes he will revive and must be defeated again to free him of Villainous Mode completely. In Xenoverse 2, in Villainous Mode he gains access to the techniques Bloody Sauce, Spirit Explosion, Rage Saucer, and Baked Sphere.
Gokule is the imaginary fusion of Goku and Mr. Satan formed by the Potara earrings. He only appeared in Goku's imagination and as a playable character in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2. After Goku returns to life and Earth, he finds Gohan to be the only remaining strong fighter to fuse with. But when Goku threw the Potara earring to Gohan, Gohan dropped it, and when he finally found it, he was absorbed by Super Buu. As the only two beings that were still alive are Mr. Satan and Dende, he imaged what the fusion would look like and which of the two would be better. He chose the former, because Mr. Satan had more fighting experience and might make Goku a little stronger. In addition, fusing with Dende would make the Dragon Balls of Earth disappear. Just at the moment Goku said that Mr. Satan should catch the earring and put it on his left ear, Vegeta appeared and Goku used Instant Transmission to find Vegeta and fuse, forming Vegito. This being the case, Gokule was only a hypothetical character in the anime, and is only seen as Goku's mental image of what the fusion would look like.
In the Japanese version of Budokai 2, this fusion is referred to as Gotan.
- Great Satanman
- Majin Satan
- 45-Calibre Gun – Mr. Satan used his handgun in attempt to stop Super Buu's Finger Beam, and believed he did so when Tien Shinhan obliterated the ball with his Tri-Beam technique without Satan noticing this. He also uses it against Merus in self-defense when trying to stop the Galactic Patrol from taking Good Buu, but Merus shoots the bullets down with his Ray Gun. He also uses it in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Butōden to cheat in the Satan Mode, and in the Legacy of Goku series to replace the Ki Blasts the other playable characters can use. Appears in Dragon Ball Fusions as one of Mr. Satan's Special Moves under the name .45 Gun. In Dokkan Battle, it is used as part of his Champion's Final Trump Card Super Attack where he closes his eyes as he fires the gun and Tien appears behind Mr. Satan and fires a Tri-Beam at the opponent or Goku appears instead and throws a Destructo-Disc that explodes after it hits.
- Special Grenade – Mr. Satan throws a grenade at his opponent. Used in the Butōden series, as well as the Budokai Tenkaichi series and Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Special Bazooka – Mr. Satan attacks his opponent by firing a Rocket Launcher. Used in the Butōden series.
- Four Missile Launch – Mr. Satan uses a rocket launcher to fire high-powered guided missiles at his opponent. It is one of his super attacks in the Butōden series, as well as Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle.
- Megatron Special Mortar – Mr. Satan throws a big missile at his opponent. It is one of his super attacks in the Butōden series.
- Megatron Special Mortar Misfire – Mr. Satan throws a big missile, but it falls and explodes in front of him. Used in the Butōden series.
- Mr. Satan's jetpack
In most of the video games, Mr. Satan flies around using a Jetpack created by Capsule Corp. The jetpack is the reason that he is able to fly in the video games, though often still in a lessened capacity than the other fighters. The looks and design of the jetpack changes from game to game.
- Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
The jetpack takes on a different look and design, being medium in size with only one thruster. The pack only has a letter '1' on the back, while there is still the 'C' as well. There are also mini-wings on the bottom-sides of the pack.
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
The jetpack is still the same as before, but gives Mr. Satan better lift off than on the previous games, as well as in Infinite World.
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
The jetpack is now light-brown and bulky, with white lines, and has two individual thrusters with flaps. The letter 'C' is now white on each side of the pack.
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
The jetpack is the same as before, except that it cannot keep Mr. Satan in the air for more than 3 seconds. This makes a major handicap for players who are used to playing him. When he does fly, its rather clumsy looking. This also leaves him open to attacks.
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
The jetpack still does not allow Mr. Satan to stay in the air, but it does not let him fall to the ground anymore. Instead of falling, he slowly descends to the ground. To let him fly, a special item must be in his custom.
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II
On the games' world map and to access certain areas (where the other playable characters would use flight), Mr. Satan uses a white jetpack with two thrusters due to his inability to fly.
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
Mr. Satan's jetpack is light-brown in this game. Interestingly, it only appears as part of Mr. Satan and Majin Buu's Hercule Attack team attack and is depicted as far less reliable than other games as it fails forcing Majin Buu to protect Mr. Satan as he comically struggles to stay in the air.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Mr. Satan's jetpack is white on top and black on the bottom, with one thruster and a red number 1 and Capsule Corporation logo on the back. Its appearance is similar to the one used in Budokai 2. There is also a non-playable version of Mr. Satan who lacks the jetpack entirely as he gains the ability to use Flight while under the influence of Dark Magic.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- World Mission
Mr. Satan uses the same model as the one in Dragon Ball Heroes. Mr. Satan (GT) however uses a gold model jetpack like the one he uses in Dragon Ball Heroes.
Appearances in other media
Main article: Cross Epoch
In the crossover manga Cross Epoch, Mr. Satan gathers the Dragon Balls and grants a wish from Shenron to become king of an island. His wish to become king is the cause of all of the other characters traveling to Shenron's tea party, which is held on an island filled with giant desserts. This wish makes everyone on the island happy.
Dragon Ball SD
Dream 9: Super Collaboration Special
Main article: Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Super Collaboration Special Mr. Satan appears in the Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Super Collaboration Special, where he is the color commentator for the race. He ends up falling into the battlefield, and is the "official" winner when Goku, Toriko, and Luffy destroy the arena accidentally.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z Gaiden: Saiyajin Zetsumetsu Keikaku
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Butōden
- Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legend
- Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II
- Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury
- Dragon Ball GT: Transformation
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Super Dragon Ball Z
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle Taikan Kamehameha 2 - Ossu Omee Gokū Tenkaichi Budōkai
- Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers
- Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
- Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle
- Dragon Ball Discross
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball Legends
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
- Japanese: Daisuke Gōri † (until 2010), Unshō Ishizuka † (media from 2010 to 2018), Masashi Ebara (Kakarot)
- German dub: Elmar Gutmann
- Hebrew dub: Micha Morim
- Hungarian dub: István Imre (DBZ), Péter Pálfai, Lajos Csuha (DBGT)
- Italian dub: Riccardo Lombardo (DBZ, DBZ Kai: TFC, DBGT; Mediaset Movie dub, DBS), Saverio Indrio (Dynit Movie dub), Francesco Pannofino (Battle of Gods)
- Latin American Spanish dub: Roberto Sen (Cell Games Saga), Rodolfo Vargas (three episodes of the Great Saiyaman Saga), Ricardo Brust (DBZ remainder, DBGT), and Bardo Miranda (DBZ Kai and DBS)
- Spanish dub (Spain): Jorge García Tomé
- French dub: Frederic Bouraly
- Polish dub: Robert Tondera (DBZ Movie 12), Jakub Wieczorek (DBS)
- Korean dub: Yeong-Jun Si
- Catalan dub: Joan Pau Piqué (DBZ), Eduard Doncos (DBZ Kai)
- Valencian dub: Sergio Capelo
- Basque dub: Iñaki Beraetxe (DBZ Kai)
- Galician dub: Santiago Pousa (DBZ), Matias Brea (DBZ Kai)
- Tagalog dub: Apollo Abraham
- Greek dub: Themis Psihogios (DBZ), Dimitris Mylonas (DBGT, Movies), Vasilis Milios (DBS)
- Pre-Dragon Ball
- Dragon Ball Z
- Mr. Satan vs. Cell (Perfect Form)
- Mr. Satan vs. Trunks
- Mr. Satan vs. Android 18
- Mr. Satan vs. Smitty and Van Zant
- Mr. Satan vs. Kid Buu
- Mr. Satan and Good Buu vs. Kid Buu
- Dragon Ball Super
- Mr. Satan vs. Cell (Perfect Form) (televised recreation)
- Mr. Satan, Goku, and Vegeta vs. Merus and Galactic Patrolmen
- Dragon Ball GT
- Mr. Satan vs. Uub (Majuub)
- Mr. Satan, Goku (Ultra-full-power Saiyan 4), Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Pan, Videl, and Chi-Chi vs. Syn Shenron (Omega Shenron)
- Mr. Satan's hobbies are golf and auctions.
- Mr. Satan's favorite food is high-class steak.
- Mr. Satan's favorite vehicle is high-class cars (Satan model).
- Mr. Satan shares the same voice actors as King Yemma in the Japanese, FUNimation, and Ocean dubs.
- Mr. Satan can be seen as the Joker in one of Oolong's card games.
- In Dragon Ball GT, Mr. Satan (from back before he started balding) appears on the front of the 10,000 Zeni bill. This makes him the only recognizable public figure to have his picture on Earth's currency.
- Mr. Satan has won the World Martial Arts Tournament at least eight times, even though in seven of the tournaments, his opponent let him win.
- Ironically, Mr. Satan gets himself into far more dangerous situations than anyone in the series yet he always come out alive unlike most of the other characters, despite not being a member of the Z-Fighters. Typically, it is his bond with the fat Majin Buu that allows for him to come through, against both the Super and original forms of Buu. However, it is to be noted that despite the Buu in question having merged with the same Uub (or Majuub) who was out of the count at the time, he manages to survive a kick from Omega Shenron, which even the strongest of the human Z Fighters should logically be unable to do. This occurs in a similar fashion to Kid Buu's punch to Satan's nose merely doing enough harm for him to shout in pain, and during the Cell Games was sent flying into a mountain which would have killed a normal person. This is probably just for comedic purposes. In his youth, he managed to survive an encounter with Mercenary Tao, an encounter that also resulted in the death of his martial arts master.
- According to Dragon Ball Forever, he was voted number 11 by Japanese fans in the poll for best characters. He managed to score higher than even series regulars like Master Roshi, Yamcha, Bulma, and Yajirobe.
- In the Xenoverse series, there are items called Hercule Badges which are collectible coin-shaped medallions featuring Mr. Satan's face on them that are said to be quite popular on Earth. They are often dropped by defeated Time Patrollers indicating they are a popular collector item in Toki Toki City/Conton City as well. They come in 5 levels of rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, & Legendary) and can be sold in exchange for Zeni with the amount based their rarity. According to Jaco, the Hercule Badges are made of rare metals and has the Future Warrior collect them during their training under him as he needs the metal to repair his ship.
- In Xenoverse, Mr. Satan often gives Hercule Badges as random gifts to the Future Warrior when they train under him which fit his tendency for shameless self-promotion.
- In Dokkan Battle, the badges appear as a Treasure Item that can be acquired in a specific story event. These badges can be traded at Baba's Shop for certain items.
- In Xenoverse 2, Mr. Satan appears as an NPC during the Parallel Quest: "Fist of Justice!" in the Industrial Sector of West City. If spoken to he will offer an official Mr. Satan energy drink which restores health if his offer is accepted. Afterwards Mr. Satan will use his Miracle Kneel excuse to talk his way out of fighting together with the Saiya Squad and Time Patrol.
- In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai, during The Legend of Mr. Satan mode, he remarks that Piccolo resembles the evil King Piccolo, indicating that he was present during his attempts of world domination, or is at least aware of him.
- Some of the video games such as Dokkan Battle have referred to Mr. Satan as a superhero (which is technically accurate as he is capable of superhuman feats and is publicly recognized as a hero). Unlike Great Saiyaman, Mr. Satan is more of a public Superhero who's identity is publicly known (though he is more well known by his stage name and public persona) as Mr. Satan doesn't shy away from the limelight. Additionally unlike his daughter or Gohan, he does not fight crime as he tends to only confront world ending threats.
- However during the Beerus Saga he claims he's investigating some criminals responsible for the phenomenon produced as a result of SSG Goku's battle with Beerus as a cover story so he is not above making up fictional tales of fighting crime or confronting dangerous criminal organizations so its possible that he's lead the Earth's population to believe he does fight extremely dangerous criminals among the other villains he's claimed to have defeated like Cell, Bojack, the Warlord, and Kid Buu (before the memories of Buu's rampage were erased by Shenron to give Good Buu a second chance). This however fits with his public persona as Earth's protector and greatest hero.
Main article: Mr. Satan/Gallery
- French version of Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 2, 1994
- Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, 2009
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- Dragon Ball Online, 2010
- "Dragon Ball Q&A" section, Dragon Ball Full Color Androids Saga volume 5, 2014
- Saikyō Jump #6, 2014
- Kanzenshuu's translation of Toriyama interview
- Dragon Ball Z episode 267, "Ready to Fuse?"