"Yes, by all accounts, I should in fact be dead. Incinerated in the fires of your sun. But fate, it seems, saw fit that I'd have a second chance. And thanks to the power of the Big Gete Star, I have been reborn stronger and sleeker; new and improved, you might say."
Meta-Coolers (メタルクウラ Metaru Kūra, lit. "Metal Koora") are mass-produced cyborg clones of Cooler created by the Big Gete Star that can be remotely controlled from the planet's core. They are the decoy antagonists of Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler before it is revealed they are clones. Although there are 10,000,000,000 Meta-Coolers (thousands in the Funimation dub), the term "Meta-Cooler" is often used to refer to the first one encountered by Goku. The army of hundreds or thousands of Meta-Cooler is referred to as the Meta-Cooler Corps.
The Meta-Coolers all look identical to their template, Cooler, however, due to being entirely mechanical, their body is completely silver other than their eyes - which are identical to their template's. The silver also has several shades depending on the portion of the body they were located, most being a darker shade, while his face, upper arms, and parts of his waist being of a lighter shade, in reference to the color scheme for his original body. They also lack joints in the area where the legs meet the hips. When Meta-Coolers speaks in certain dubs, he sounds mechanical and robotic.
Due to being replications of Cooler, the Meta-Coolers all possess identical personality traits to the original Cooler. They are also all completely loyal to their template and essentially have a hive mind mentality that seeks to absorb energy to fuel the Big Gete Star. To an extent, it is also implied the Meta-Coolers, or at least the one Goku encountered, shared the same memories as the original Cooler due to his confirming that he should have died in their prior encounter.
"So you are a descendant of my own race... Hmph! You look primitive compared to me. We are no longer related to your kind. We have evolved into an entirely new race. I see nothing but shame and embarrassment when I look at you. However, I will gladly use your energy to fuel my own ascension! If that makes you angry, then you should be angry at your own misfortune for being born into my race!"
— The Meta-Cooler Corps. views on the Frieza Race in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
In Xenoverse 2, it is implied that the Meta-Cooler Corps (and by extension original Cooler himself, not counting his similarly named Metal Cooler transformation.) have come to see themselves as having evolved into an entirely new race that they consider to be superior and separate from the rest of the Frieza Race, which they view as primitive and hold nothing more than contempt for (possibly a result of Cooler attributing his failures to his organic body) and as a potential source of energy to fuel Cooler's and his new race's ascension. Interestingly, this is in sharp contrast to Cooler's original personality before becoming one with the Big Gete Star, as he exemplified a strong sense of pride in his race (which is said to be a common trait among members of the Frieza Race in Xenoverse 2). Presumably, his and Frieza's failures against Goku caused him to develop a form of self-loathing which manifested itself into a form of contempt towards his race which he was once so proud to be a part of (essentially blaming his weakness on his race of origin and not on himself). This contempt was eventually inherited by his duplicates which Cooler came to view as having evolved beyond the Frieza Race. He is also shown to adopt significantly more dirty tactics in battle, with a notable example of this being when Meta Cooler, after a then-newly arrived Super Saiyan Vegeta tried to blast him, proceeded to ambush him as well as kick the Saiyan Prince directly in his crotch.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes, however, he has the exact same personality as Cooler, largely because in that entry, it is an actual form of Cooler created by Fu.
After Cooler fused with the Big Gete Star, he takes control of the machine and creates two new groups of henchmen: Cyclopian Guards and robotic duplicates of himself called Meta-Coolers. Cooler set a course for New Namek, intent on draining the planet and using the Namekians as fuel for the star. Dende, learning of this horrible news, calls the Dragon Team for help.
Dragon Ball Heroes
Universal Conflict Saga
Main article: Universal Conflict Saga Cooler - who has been converted via the Big Gete Star once more - acts through Meta-Cooler
In the anime, watching the Core Area Warriors battle the Dragon Team and Pride Troopers, Fu decides it is time to unleash Meta-Cooler. Later, in Universe 3, Cooler almost defeats Rags until Cumber inadvertently saves her and transforms into a Super Saiyan 3 to continue the fight. The battle proves to be evenly matched at first, with Cumber mocking Cooler for turning himself into a machine. Cooler however tells him that he has a new power before gaining an edge in the battle. Cooler then transforms into Golden Meta-Cooler at which point Cumber’s attacks are shown to have no effect and is greatly overpowered. After knocking Cumber down to the ground, Cooler launches three supernova energy blasts at the Saiyan but overheats and flees the battle. Cumber survives the blasts, but collapses and falls unconscious soon after.
Universe Creation Saga
Main article: Universe Creation Saga
New Space-Time War Saga
Main article: New Space-Time War Saga Meta-Cooler arrives in the New Space-Time where along with his brother Frieza, he hunts down Goku as he runs through West City. When Goku flies outside of the city, Meta-Cooler and Frieza give chase, kicking Goku to the ground.
As they go to attack him once more, they suddenly find themselves pinned to the ground by Hearts' Gravity Cage technique. The two re-emerge in their Golden state and Meta-Cooler attacks Hearts, recognising him as an ally of Cumbers. During the battle, Meta-Cooler and Frieza are suddenly given Dark Dragon Balls by the Crimson-Masked Saiyan to power up the pair radically.
In a berserk state, Meta-Cooler and his brother quickly show superiority over their opponents. They are soon interrupted by the appearance of Broly who has also arrived in the Space-Time and easily dispatches of the two tyrants at the same time with a single mighty blast. In a weakened state, Cooler is ambushed by the mysterious Warrior in Black and his Dark Dragon Ball is removed from his chest.
Meta-Cooler and Frieza make their return in their Golden states when Goku and Vegeta are in the middle of their battle with the Crimson-Masked Saiyan and announce their plan to get revenge for their earlier humiliation. Not wanting to be disturbed, the Crimson-Masked Saiyan pulls out a Scroll of Eternity containing the King of Destruction Omega Shenron who quickly blasts the two intergalactic tyrants away. They make another attempt at attacking the Crimson-Masked Saiyan shortly after though the result is the same.
Supreme Kai of Time Saga
Main article: Supreme Kai of Time Saga
The Return of Cooler
Main article: Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler
Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Master Roshi, Oolong, and Yajirobe travel to New Namek. Upon arriving, they fight the Cyclopian Guards. Throughout the battle, Goku is distracted by a familiar face; that of Cooler on a metallic body (a Meta-Cooler). Goku battles the Meta-Cooler, but it is apparent that Goku, even in Super Saiyan form, is no match for Cooler's "new metallic form", which gives him the ability to regenerate himself. Meta-Cooler reveals that the Big Gete Star constantly monitors his body, and fixes any problems or glitches that may occur (like Cooler's arm getting torn off for example) while also strengthening him in such a way that it can't happen the same way twice. Goku goes in for a final attack, but Meta-Cooler grabs him and starts to strangle him. Vegeta suddenly appears and saves Goku, himself transforming into a Super Saiyan.
While Piccolo goes inside the Big Gete Star to save the others who have been taken there by the Cyclopian Guards, he encounters another Meta-Cooler who attacks him with a green ki blast. During this encounter, Piccolo expressed shock at how Meta-Cooler got there as quickly as he did, unaware that the Meta-Cooler Goku and Vegeta were fighting was just one of several. Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta run into difficulty handling the Meta-Cooler and only by working together in a joint attack, the Meta-Cooler is finally destroyed. However, thousands of Meta-Coolers then arrive. Goku and Vegeta soon realize they have no chance of beating them all, especially as only a single Meta-Cooler gave them so much trouble. Beaten, they are taken inside the Big Gete Star and meet the true Cooler. The Meta-Coolers end up malfunctioning and self-destructing after Goku and Vegeta used the remainder of their Super Saiyan energies to overload the Big Gete Star and the true Cooler.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Shin Budokai - Another Road
Future Meta-Coolers appear as minions of Future Cooler in the story mode of Shin Budokai - Another Road. At some point in the past, Future Cooler had managed to acquire the Future Big Gete Star and with it created an army of Future Meta-Coolers to assist him in invading New Namek. When Future Babidi takes control of Future Cooler's mind, turning him into Majin Future Cooler, the Future Meta-Cooler's become minions of Future Babidi. The Future Meta-Coolers raid the Namekian villages to collect the Dragon Balls, but the Z Fighters manage to destroy every single one of them, including their command unit. Eventually, the Z Fighters collect the Dragon Balls and one of their wishes is for the Big Gete Star to be destroyed, the wish is granted, and so no more Meta-Coolers come into existence.
"The Big Gete Star enabled me to cheat death! How could this be?!"
Metal Coolers appears as enemies in the game, having been recruited into the Time Breakers. A horde of Metal Coolers are released through a portal in Age 767 during the Cell Games, and request to join the event, to which Cell gleefully accepts. The Metal Coolers are destroyed by the 2nd Future Warrior, who heads into the portal they came through and arrives on New Namek, where he along with Future Trunks destroys them, ending with Future Trunks destroying the Big Gete Star and thus obliterating every Metal Cooler.
During Frieza's Siege on Conton City in Age 852, the Frieza Force from the Frieza's Spaceship time rift anomaly, deploys several Metal Coolers (presumably under the command of Cooler himself) during Frieza Force's battles with the 2nd Future Warrior and the Time Patrol, however they are once again defeated and the Time Patrol manages to stop the Frieza Force's invasion. The Future Warrior can unlock random pieces of Tracksuit (Metal Cooler Colors) which is a Tracksuit featuring the metallic color of Metal Cooler that is dropped by Metal Coolers during Frieza's Siege. There is also an accessory called Metal Cooler's Head and Metal Cooler's Suit which are a helmet and suit modeled after Metal Cooler.
It is also implied in conversations with certain Time Patrollers, that someone is producing Metal Coolers within Conton City with one Time Patroller implying they are meant as a form of security, though finds the idea disturbing. However it would seem that the Time Patrol and some of its instructors employ Metal Coolers for training purposes (similar to its use of Saibaman).
"So, in the face of out race's might, Metal Coolers are no more than mere puppets? Clearly they are not ready for real combat yet if the likes of you can give them such a hard fight. While we're on the topic, have you a desire to metalize yourself, perhaps? I will gladly oblige that request at any time."
— Cooler commenting on the Frieza Race Future Warrior's success on defeating his Metal Coolers in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Cooler himself decides to test his Metal Cooler's against the Future Warrior (after they become his student). If the Future Warrior is a member of the Frieza Race, Cooler will realize that his Metal Coolers' aren't ready for real combat yet if the Future Warrior could defeat them and while on the topic, Cooler notes that if the Warrior ever has a desire to metalize themself he will gladly oblige that request. However beyond wearing Metal Cooler's Head & Metal Cooler's Suit accessory and clothing options, the Frieza Race Future Warrior is unable to actually be metalized.
Main article: Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
In the chapter "Legendary Super Saiyan Awakened!", Xeno Goku, Xeno Vegeta, Great Saiyaman 4, and the rest of the Dragon Ball Heroes team find the game world Metal Cooler Corps attacking Hero Town. Metal Cooler recognizes Xeno Goku & Xeno Vegeta, mistaking them for their game world counterparts.
Great Saiyaman 4 and his teammates fight the Metal Coolers in a three on three team battle with Great Saiyaman 4's deck facing three Metal Coolers while his two allies face off against other Metal Coolers off-screen. After KOing the team of Metal Coolers, the three Dragon Ball Heroes perform a Multiple Kamehameha that annihilates the Metal Cooler Corps.
In terms of raw power, even a single Meta-Cooler is very formidable, with the first one encountered being strong enough to defeat Goku in his Super Saiyan state and requiring the combined efforts of both Super Saiyan Vegeta and Super Saiyan Goku to be destroyed. A Meta-Cooler was also able to overwhelm the Super Namek Piccolo (who had previously fused with Kami).
Cooler's metal body duplicates are incredibly deadly as they have the ability to repair any damage done to them up to a certain point, forcing Goku and Vegeta to blast the Meta-Cooler they were fighting into pieces so small it could not repair itself. These repairs also had a much deadlier side effect. When repairing itself, a Meta-Cooler could also analyze how it was damaged and upgrade himself accordingly, increasing its armor's capabilities so as to avoid being damaged in the same way. However, there was a limit to this, as the Big Gete Star could not upgrade them to the point where they could survive against the combined attack of the (non-full power) Super Saiyans Goku and Vegeta, due to being unable to create armor that could withstand this. It instead opted to create one thousand Meta-Coolers to resist the Saiyans. All of the Meta-Coolers were destroyed when Super Saiyan Goku and Super Saiyan Vegeta unleashed their full power at the same time, overwhelming the Big Gete Star's capacity with their energy and causing the Meta-Coolers to explode from the energy overload.
- Anime & Manga
In the Dragon Ball Heroes anime, Rampaging Meta-Cooler became able to defeat Rags and holding his own against Super Saiyan 3 Cumber (who had already fought Top and Jiren) - though at a disadvantage. After transforming into Golden Meta-Cooler, Cooler overwhelms Super Saiyan 3 Cumber and defeats him with a triple Golden Supernova - though it does not prove powerful enough to kill the fierce Saiyan.
In the manga, the full power Golden Meta-Cooler is able to overwhelm Super Saiyan Cumber when he is heavily injured and barely able to stand due to having been recently injured by Top and Kamioren. Golden Meta-Cooler attempts to finish off Cumber with a quadruple Golden Supernova, however Cumber manages to survive the attack by turning Super Saiyan 3, but collapses from his injuries.
In the anime, Golden Meta-Cooler is able to fight with base Hearts.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
Daizenshuu 7 states that each individual Meta-Cooler possess power rivaling a Super Saiyan (the only Super Saiyans at the time were Goku and Vegeta).
It was stated by Takao Koyama, that when making Dragon Ball movies was that the next movie villain that Goku fought would always have to be at least stronger than the previous villain Goku fought. Thus, Meta-Cooler was stronger than Cooler but weaker than Android 13.
- Video Games
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, the Meta-Cooler is implied to have a power level of 10 billion by the title for the story mission, "Revived! A Power Level of 10 Billion" where the Future Warrior is forced to deal with the Meta-Cooler Corps. after they are transported from New Namek to the Cell Games via a wormhole created by Towa. It is unclear if the power level refers to a single Meta-Cooler or is the power level of the entire Meta-Cooler Corps. combined. When Metal Cooler is revived during Frieza's revenge, he is greatly upgraded and then even further enhanced by dark magic - making him much stronger - however he is still defeated by Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, even after gaining the powerful Supervillain transformation (though he does manage to hold his own for a period of time).
During the Universal Conflict Saga, Golden Meta-Cooler teams up with Goku, Jiren and Hit to battle Super Hearts and Super Saiyan 3 Cumber, managing to emerge as the victors.
- Flight – The ability to fly without the use of ki through the use of wings or special mechanisms.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Supernova – The user raises his finger and gathers their energy in the form of a giant yellow-orange, sun-like energy sphere. Once it is ready, the user launches the attack against the target. Like the normal Death Ball, it is mostly used to destroy planets, or as a last ditch effort to kill an enemy.
- Supernova Cooler - The user raises his hand and gathers their energy in the form of a giant yellow-orange, sun-like energy sphere. Once it is ready, the user launches the attack against the target. Like the Death Ball and Supernova, it is mostly used to destroy planets, or as a last ditch effort to kill an enemy.
- Metallic Supernova - Meta-Cooler's variant of the Supernova Cooler.
- Ultranova - Used by Meta-Cooler transformed into Meta-Cooler Core in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Golden Supernova - A more powerful version of the Supernova used in "Goldnen Frieza" form.
- Golden Metal Supernova - A triple or quadruple version of the Golden Supernova.
- 3D Scan Mode – A mode that allows for advanced scanning of enemies.
- Lock-On Buster – First, the Meta-Cooler uses his 3D Scan Mode to locate his target and lock-onto them, then creates a small amount of sparkling energy in front of his face. Then, he shouts "I got you!" and fires a fast-moving beam that leaves behind a sparkling trail and creates a huge blinding explosion upon impact.
- Finger Blitz Barrage – First, the user extends his index finger forward and charges an energy sphere on his fingertip. Then, he fires many small energy spheres that home in on the opponent, inflicting a high amount of damage.
- Full-Metal Avalanche – As he says "You won't win like that!", Meta-Cooler punches the target in the stomach, spins them around with his tail, knees them in the back, and then throws them away, inflicting heavy damage.
- Instant Transmission – A technique for traveling long distances instantly. In the Funimation's dub, Meta-Cooler claims it to be "one of his favorite moves". Originally, he was surprised Goku knew the technique.
- Hyper Movement - The user teleports and attacks the opponent from behind, knocking them downward. It can also be used after knocking an opponent away as a follow-up attack. The teleport can also be used to evade and counterattack.
- Feint Crash - Meta-Cooler teleports suddenly at his opponent's blind spot and knocks them away with a punch, inflicting a great amount of damage.
- Blitz Shoot - When Meta-Cooler and the opponent get into a hit struggle, Meta-Cooler knocks the opponent away. Then, he flies toward the opponent and knocks them away with a kick. Lastly, Meta-Cooler flies toward his opponent and knocks them away with a Kiai from his hand, inflicting a great deal of damage.
- Rebirth – Once Meta-Cooler has been damaged, the Big Gete Star analyzes and repairs the Meta-Cooler unit, regenerating any lost body parts and upgrading them so that their armor will be more durable in order to avoid the same injury twice. However, the Rebirth ability cannot repair a Meta-Cooler that has broken into pieces.
- Super Regeneration - The ability to regenerate to recover health that is even stronger than normal regeneration. One of Meta-Cooler's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Perfect Regeneration- A supportive technique even stronger than Super Regeneration. One of Meta-Cooler's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Regeneration - The ability to regenerate to recover health that is even stronger than normal regeneration. One of Meta-Cooler's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Nest Ice – Meta-Cooler charges the attack with a hand backward, and then puts his hand forward as he releases several teal energy beams.
- Death Wave - One of Frieza's techniques that Meta-Cooler can use in Dragon Ball Z 2 V via being an alternate costume of Frieza's Mecha Frieza form.
- Core Smash – Meta-Cooler Core's giant hand emerges from the ground to attack the opponent. Used Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Machine Rain – Meta-Cooler shoots multiple copies of himself at his opponent. It is his Ultimate K.O. in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Death Blaster - A smaller variant of the Supernova fired forward from the hand. Used in Supersonic Warriors 2.
- Death Laser - Individual Meta-Coolers are capable of firing Cooler's Death Beam variant.
- Clan of Terror (恐怖の一族集結) – An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases his damage dealt by 300, an effect which is increased by any allies with the same ability.
- Guard Drain (ガードドレイン) – An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes. When a Super Attack is used, 1000 Guard is stolen from the enemy.
- Iron Stance (鉄壁の構え) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes, that increases his Guard by 1000 during Round 3 of the battle.
- Iron Will (鉄の意志) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Big Gete Star Saga that permanently protects him from Stamina damage.
- Killer Instinct (するどい殺気) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes that prevents the enemy team from increasing their Hero Energy based on their Power Level during Round 1 of the battle.
- Metal Cooler Core (メタルクウラ・コア) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases his team's health by 800, and the Power and Guard of every Meta-Cooler on the team by 800, every time he is attacked.
- Metal Form (メタル形態) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Big Gete Star Saga that greatly reduces damage and Stamina damage when he wins a Charge Impact while being attacked.
- Power to Resist (対抗する力) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases his Power by 1500, multiplied by the amount of Hero Energy held by the enemy team, at the end of Round 1.
- Rejuvenation (Team) (ハイテンション（チーム）) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Big Gete Star Saga that fully restores the Stamina of his team at the start of each round.
- Self-Repair (自己修復機能) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes. The first time his team's health drops under 30%, he will restore 3000 Health.
- Strength Unleashed (発揮する力) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Dark Demon Realm Genesis Saga that permanently increases his Power by 5000 if his team takes less than 2000 damage during Round 1 of the battle.
- Transmit Battle Data (戦闘データ送信) - An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes. At the end of Round 1 of the battle, his Power will be increased by the total Health of the enemy team.
- Ultranova S (スーパービッグノヴァＳ) – An ability used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Heroes, which summons Meta-Cooler Core from subspace to attack the enemy with an Ultranova, and destroys two of the enemy team's Hero Energy.
- Clone Death Laser (クローンデスレーザー) – An enhanced version of Cooler's Death Laser. Meta-Cooler summons two more Meta-Coolers and they all fire Death Lasers. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z.
- Lighting Attack - Meta Cooler's signature attack in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2.
- Energy Blade - A blade of ki used by Meta-Cooler as one of his Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Energy Blade - A stronger version of Energy Blade used by Meta-Cooler as one of his Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Hyper Energy Blade - A version of Energy Blade even stronger than Super Energy Blade used by Meta-Cooler as one of his Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Super Energy Blade - A stronger version of Energy Blade used by Meta-Cooler as one of his Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Death Ball - An energy sphere technique used by Cooler and his family. One of Meta-Cooler's Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Destructive Ray - Cooler's version of the Darkness Eye Beam which is used by Meta-Cooler in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
- Death Beam - A finger beam technique used by Cooler and his family. One of Meta-Cooler's Super Skills in Xenoverse 2 and one of his Special Moves in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Full Power Energy Wave - A energy wave technique used by Meta-Cooler as one of his Ultimate Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Full Power Charge - A ki charging Super Skill used by Meta-Cooler in Xenoverse 2.
- Rage Saucer - A darkness infused rush technique used by Dark Meta-Cooler as one of his Super Skills in Xenoverse 2.
- Psychic Move - A technique where Meta-Cooler uses Rapid Movement to get behind the opponent then releases a razor-sharp storm of ki blades that slash the opponent. Used by Meta-Cooler as one of his Evasive Skills when fought in certain Parallel Quests in Xenoverse 2.
- Afterimage Technique - A technique where Meta-Cooler leaves behind an afterimage allowing him to evade attacks. One of Meta-Cooler's Super Skills in Expert Mission 07: "The Big Gete Star Strikes Back" in Xenoverse 2.
- Death Meteor - Meta-Cooler uses telekinesis to launch a barrage of rocks at the opponent in a meteor-like fashion. One of Meta-Cooler's Ultimate Skills in Expert Mission 07: "The Big Gete Star Strikes Back" in Xenoverse 2.
- Gigantic Ki Blast - A powerful energy sphere made of dark energy which can cause tremendous amounts of damage if it hits the ground and explodes. Used by Meta-Cooler in Expert Mission 07: "The Big Gete Star Strikes Back" in Xenoverse 2.
Main article: Rampaging
When Meta-Cooler takes his Rampaging state it improves upon his previous level of power and durability against enemy attacks.
In a mission for UVM12, the Meta-Cooler Corps. appeared upgraded in the same way as the main Meta-Cooler during the Universal Conflict Saga.
- Golden Meta-Cooler
Main article: Golden Frieza
Meta-Cooler can take on the "Golden Frieza" form, becoming Golden Meta-Cooler. Golden Meta-Cooler is very powerful - able to outmatch Super Saiyan 3 Cumber in the anime or the injured Super Saiyan Cumber in the manga - but cannot fight for long without overheating.
Meta-Cooler has two versions of his Golden Meta-Cooler state, the first is taken on while he is in Rampaging form, resulting in his right eye retaining it's black coloration from that state, while the other is an anime only state achieved when he takes on the form without Rampaging and retains both normal eyes, and even won't have any overheated in his normal Golden State either.
- Dark Dragon Ball Fighter
During the New Space-Time War Saga, Golden Metal Cooler is fused with a Two-Star Dark Dragon Ball, alongside his brother (who was fused with a One-Star Dark Dragon Ball), and confronts the deceased Hearts and Goku. In this state he is known as Xeno Golden Meta-Cooler (ゴールデンメタルクウラ：ゼノ Gōruden Metaru Kūra: Zeno).
- Fourth Form Cooler
Main articles: Fourth Transformation and Cooler In Frieza's scenario in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2, a Meta-Cooler alters itself to appear as Fourth Form Cooler, in this state the Meta-Cooler can use Cooler's techniques, including summoning the armored squadron for assistance.
- Meta-Cooler Core (Battle Form)
In the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game, he appears as Meta-Cooler's strongest form, appearing as "Meta-Cooler" LV. 3, while regular Meta-Cooler appears as LV. 1 and LV. 2. Meta-Cooler is also capable of transforming into Meta-Cooler Core's Battle Form in Dragon Ball Heroes and Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, this form is called Metal Cooler Core. Metal Cooler can transform into Metal Cooler Core through the CAA Giant Ability Universal Metal Cooler Core which appears as an accessory. By creating a Metal Cooler card via Card Creation, the player can equip said ability to his card either by sticking the Accessory to his card or by equipping it to the card in a custom deck (sticking it on the card allows the player to equip Ultimate Unit and other CAA/TAA accessories via custom deck, though equipping the Giant ability through the custom deck allows it to be equipped without the cost of custom points which are needed to stick accessories on a custom card in Card Creation). The ability can be triggered in battle from R2 (Round 2) and onwards.
- Villainous Mode
Main article: Villainous Mode
A state used by several Metal Coolers in Xenoverse 2. In this state, the Metal Coolers are stronger than they were in the history they're from, gaining glowing red eyes and a dark aura.
Main article: Supervillain
In Xenoverse 2, after being revived alongside Frieza and then upgraded, Metal Cooler shaved off life and underwent the Supervillain transformation, with his new power he became strong enough to hold his own against Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, but was still destroyed by him in the end. In this form, his body color has changed to a shade of white, and his eyes to glow a hot pink color. He also gains a glowing Time Breakers' broken infinity symbol on his forehead, as well as a black and white aura.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z 2 V
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road
- Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Fusions
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball Legends
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
In Dragon Ball Z 2 V, Frieza in his Cooler costume can transform into a Meta-Cooler via item.
In Budokai 3 and Infinite World, Cooler can transform into the Meta-Cooler form via item.
The Meta-Coolers appear as playable characters in Dragon Ball Heroes, debuting in Mission 5.
In the trailer for Jaaku Mission 2, Meta-Coolers are released from the Big Gete Star at Frieza's order to attack Beat and Note, however, they are destroyed by Super Saiyan 3 Adult Gotenks when he arrives to help the heroes.
A challenge mission involves fighting an army of Meta-Coolers created by the Big Gete Star, which share the appearance of Cooler after being modified into a Meta-Cooler by Fu during the Universal Conflict Saga. Some of the Meta-Coolers use the "Golden Frieza" form.
In World Mission, Metal Cooler is playable through card creation. A Metal Cooler card can be created once the player has obtained one of the Metal Cooler character stickers (the Metal Cooler 3 sticker becomes available for purchase at the Creation Shop after starting Chapter 3) either through purchase at the Creation Shop or won as random rewards by completing high difficulty story missions.
- Japanese: Ryūsei Nakao
- Latin American Spanish dub: Ricardo Brust
- German dub: Peter Flechtner
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Carlos Companile
- Greek dub: Tzimis Apergis
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes
- Meta-Cooler (Golden) vs. Cumber (Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 3)
- Meta-Cooler (Rampaging) and Frieza (Final Form) vs. Goku
- Meta-Cooler (Rampaging/Golden Meta-Cooler) and Frieza (Final Form) vs. Goku (Base/Ultra Instinct Sign) and Hearts
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Meta-Cooler) and Frieza (Final Form) vs. Crimson-Masked Saiyan
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Meta-Cooler/Dark Dragon Ball Fighter) and Frieza (Golden Frieza/Dark Dragon Ball Fighter) vs. Goku and Hearts
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Meta-Cooler/Dark Dragon Ball Fighter) and Frieza (Golden Frieza/Dark Dragon Ball Fighter) vs. Warrior in Black
- Meta-Cooler vs. Rags
- Meta-Cooler (Base/Golden Cooler) vs. Cumber (Base/Super Saiyan 3)
- Meta-Cooler and Frieza (Final Form) vs. Goku
- Meta-Cooler and Frieza (Final Form) vs. Hearts
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Meta-Cooler) vs. Hearts
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Meta-Cooler; Dark Dragon Ball) vs. Hearts
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Meta-Cooler; Dark Dragon Ball), Goku, Hearts, and Frieza (Golden Frieza; Dark Dragon Ball) vs. Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Meta-Cooler; Dark Dragon Ball) and Frieza (Golden Frieza; Dark Dragon Ball) vs. Warrior in Black
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Frieza) and Frieza (Golden Frieza) vs. Crimson-Masked Saiyan (Super Saiyan Rosé Full Power)
- Meta-Cooler (Golden Frieza) and Frieza (Golden Frieza) vs. Syn Shenron (Omega Shenron/King of Destruction)
- Meta-Cooler vs. Goku (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Meta-Cooler vs. Goku (Super Saiyan) and Vegeta (Base/Super Saiyan)
- Meta Cooler vs. Piccolo
- In some versions of the remastered Funimation release, Meta-Cooler's vocal effect was removed.
- The Xenoverse 2 story mission title "Revived! A Power Level of 10 Billion" was likely a reference to the 10,000,000,000 Meta-Cooler that Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta had faced against in Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler.