"Merus's True Identity" (メルスの正体 Merusu no Shōtai) is the twelfth volume of the Dragon Ball Super manga.
- This section, or a part of it, has been transcluded from Warriors from Universe 6!; any changes involving it should be made there instead. /
Ever since Goku became Earth's greatest hero and gathered the seven Dragon Balls to defeat the evil Boo, his life on Earth has grown a little dull. But new threats loom overhead, and Goku and his friends will have to defend the planet once again in this continuation of Akira Toriyama's best-selling series, "Dragon Ball Super"!
Merus's True Identity
The villain Moro has released all of the vicious criminals from the Galactic Prison, and now they're ravaging the galaxy in search of planets with exceptional life energy! When the Bandit Brigade, including the power-copying Seven-Three, comes to Earth, how will Piccolo and the others fare against this new threat without Goku around?
Story Thus Far
- This section, or a part of it, has been transcluded from Zero Mortal Project!; any changes involving it should be made there instead. /
A long, long time ago, Son Goku left on a journey in search of the legendary Dragon Balls—a set of seven balls that, when gathered, would summon the dragon Shenlong to grant any wish. After a great adventure, he collects them all. Later, he become the apprentice of Kame-Sen'nin, fight a number of vicious enemies, defeats the great Majin Boo and restores peace on Earth. Some time passes, and then Lord Beerus, the God Destruction, suddenly awakens and sets out in search of the Super Saiyan God. Goku, by becoming that Super Saiyan God, manages to stop Beerus from destroying Earth and starts training under him with Vegeta. After some time, the ancient villain Moro escapes from the Galactic Prison and goes off in search of the Dragon Balls in New Namek, where Goku and the Galactic Patrol confront him.
However, Moro's ability to absorb life energy seems too much for them, and Moro manages to make his wishes. After retreating, Goku travels to a distant planet to train with Merus, while Vegeta goes to Yardrat to learn about spirit techniques that could defeat Moro. Meanwhile, Moro himself has freed a gang of convicts from the Galactic Prison and is commanding them to attack planets across the galaxy. Now, his evil may threaten Earth as well…
Volume introduction by Toyotarō
"I do actually have some hobbies, but none worth talking about. Just little things that I dabble in.
In short, "Dragon Ball" is the only thing I can talk to people about."
Cast of Characters
Info below, bar "Supporting", is retrieved from Viz Media.
- Son Goku
- Guide Angel Whis
- Majin Boo
- Great Lord of Lords
- Galactic Patrol Agent: Moori
- Galactic Patrol Agent: Merus
- Escaped Convict: Saganbo
- Escaped Convict: Pasta
- Mr. Satan
- Mr. Popo
- Ghetti Macareni
- Penne Macareni
- Grand Minister
- Tien Shinhan
- Master Roshi
- Android 17
- Android 18
- Emperor Pilaf
|53||"Saganbo's Galactic Bandit Brigade"|
|54||"Son Gohan vs. Seven-Three"|
|55||"Merus's True Identity"|
|56||"Warriors of Earth Assemble"|
- Seven-Three vs. Planet Inhabitants
- Piccolo vs. Seven-Three
- Krillin vs. Yunba
- Jaco vs. Shimorekka
- Goku vs. Merus
- Gohan (Potential Unleashed) vs. Seven-Three (Base/Great Namekian)
- Gohan (Potential Unleashed), Piccolo, Krillin and Jaco vs. Seven-Three, Shimorekka and Yunba
- Vegeta vs. Yuzun (Base/Transformed)
- Vegeta vs. Two Henchmen
- Krillin vs. Yunba
- Gohan (Potential Unleashed) and Piccolo vs. Seven-Three (Base/Potential Unleashed)
- Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu vs. Quoitur
- Yamcha vs. three Moro Corps henchmen
- Android 17 and Android 18 vs. Seven-Three and Shimorekka