Meet Me in the Ring (悟空と悟飯... ヒーロー親子究極レベルアップ, Goku to Gohan... Hiiro Oyako Kyukyoku Levelu Appu) is the third episode of the Cell Games Saga and the one hundred sixty-eighth overall episode in the uncut version Dragon Ball Z series. The episode first aired on December 9, 1992. Its original American air date was November 14, 2000.
All across the globe, the good citizens of Earth are in a panic as they flee their towns to escape Cell's looming vengeance. However, hope is not lost as high above in Kami's Lookout, Goku and Gohan emerge from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. After a quick trip to size up the competition, Goku feels that he is ready to take on Perfect Cell.
- (Goku and Gohan are gorging on the food Mr. Popo prepared for them, as though they had not eaten in the longest possible time)
- Goku: (With his mouth full of pasta, muffles unintelligibly)
- Piccolo: All right, Goku. Why don't you try saying that without your mouth full?
- Goku: (Exchanges puzzled expressions with Gohan, and then sucks the rest of his pasta and swallows)
- Piccolo: (Disgusted) Ugh... disgusting...
- Goku: What I was saying was that Gohan and I can't cook very well, so it's been a long time since we've had a home-cooked meal.
- Goku and Gohan emerge from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber as Full-Power Super Saiyans.
- Goku decides to meet Cell at the arena, creating natural disasters with the clash of their energies alone while staring at each other.
- When Bulma is looking at Android 16's data there is a picture of Goku attacking Frieza, though Dr. Gero didn't add any information on the battle on Namek, since he thought he had collected enough cells and had observed enough through the tracking device before Goku went to Planet Namek.
- After Goku came back from checking out Cell in his complete form he told Trunks about his feelings towards his chances of beating Cell, even though it was Vegeta that asked him if he thinks he can beat Cell.