"I'm not interested in fairness. I'm interested in the extinction of every living creature on this planet! A good fighter knows his mental and physical limitations. But a great fighter will figure a way around them."
"Majin-Buu Transforms" (ブウ最悪の反則!! ゴテンクス吸収!? Bū Saiaku no Hansoku!! Gotenkusu Kyūshū!?, lit. "Boo's Worst Foul Play!! Gotenks is Absorbed?!") is the twelfth episode of the Fusion Saga and the two hundred sixty-fifth overall episode in the original dubbed and the uncut Dragon Ball Z series. This episode first aired in Japan on May 24, 1995. Its original American airdate was November 4, 2002.
Super Buu goads Goten and Trunks into fusing once again so they can finish off their previous battle. Meanwhile, two clumps of his back slide down unnoticed by the rest, advancing through the the rocks and toward Piccolo and Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks. He then absorbs Gotenks and Piccolo, transforming into a being with greater power and greater intelligence than before.
He tells Ultimate Gohan that, ever since he felt his power from afar, he planned to absorb Gotenks to reclaim his position as the strongest, but tells him that he had to wait an hour for Goten and Trunks to be able to fuse once again. After Gohan asks why he didn't just absorb him instead, Buu tells him that there would be no fun in having such great power but nobody to fight against.
The two begin a fast-paced and intense battle which, at first, appears to be evenly matched. After a warm-up, the two stop fighting and Buu attempts to play mind games with Gohan, who refuses to buy into them, telling Buu he has been too well-trained to fall for those kinds of tricks. The two start their second round, but this time around, Buu begins to gain the upper hand as it becomes clear that Gohan is starting to get tired. On the Sacred World of the Kai, Goku and the Supreme Kais watch the battle unfold, concerned at how the battle is playing out.
- Super Buu absorbs Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks and Piccolo.
- Ultimate Gohan begins his second fight against Super Buu, but this time finds himself on the losing end.
- Gohan (Potential Unleashed) vs. Super Buu (Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks and Piccolo absorbed)
Differences from the manga
- Bee noticing the portions of Buu moving around on the ground and trying to get Mr. Satan's attention is exclusive to the anime.
- In the manga, Gohan was never able to land a single blow on Buu after he absorbed Gotenks and Piccolo. In the anime, the fight is fairly evenly-matched at the start before Gohan starts to tire out, giving Buu the upper hand.
- The title refers to him as "Majin Buu", even though the technical name for this form is Super Buu. All other characters, including the narrator, have referred to Super Buu as "Majin Buu" as well. Ironically, this episode is the first time he is ever referred to as "Super Buu".
- When Gohan and Super Buu (with Gotenks and Piccolo absorbed) are about to fight for the second time, they do the stances Goku and Vegeta did when they first fought each other in "Goku vs. Vegeta".
- The kick done by Gohan and Super Buu in the fight is similar to the one done by Goku and Jackie Chun to end their fight at the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament.
- In one shot, while Super Buu is absorbing Gotenks and Piccolo, his antenna has increased in size, as if he had already absorbed them.
|← Majin Buu Saga||Kid Buu Saga →|
|254 • 255 • 256 • 257 • 258 • 259 • 260 • 261 • 262 • 263 • 264 • 265 • 266 • 267 • 268 • 269 • 270 • 271 • 272 • 273 • 274 • 275|
|484 (290; Z) • 485 (291; Z) • 486 (292; Z) • 487 (293; Z) • 488 (294; Z) • 489 (295; Z) • 490 (296; Z) • 491 (297; Z) • 492 (298; Z) • 493 (299; Z) • 494 (300; Z) • 495 (301; Z) • 496 (302; Z) • 497 (303; Z) • 498 (304; Z) • 499 (305; Z) • 500 (306; Z) • 501 (307; Z) • 502 (308; Z) • 503 (309; Z) • 504 (310; Z) • 505 (311; Z) • 506 (312; Z) • 507 (313; Z)|
|40 (24; Z) • 41 (25; Z) • 42 (26; Z)|