MAX Power Kamehameha (ＭＡＸパワーかめはめ波 Makkusu Pawā Kamehameha) is Master Roshi's signature technique used in his Max Power form and his most powerful attack. It is officially named Kamehameha Saidai Shutsuryoku (かめはめ波最大出力 lit. "Kamehameha at Maximum Output") in Japanese, referring to its debut in the manga and anime series.
While the fundamentals of the technique are exactly the same as a regular Kamehameha, the overall power of this Kamehameha is even greater due to Master Roshi being in his MAX Power form.
Usage and Power
Master Roshi first uses this attack to extinguish the roaring flames on Fire Mountain. The MAX Power Kamehameha succeeds in extinguishing the fire, but the blast is so powerful that it blows away the mountain and the Ox-King's castle.
In the Tournament of Power, Roshi uses this technique many times. He used it to knock Dium out of the arena. He used an even more powerful version of the MAX Power Kamehameha, powered by his own life force to knock Ganos out of the arena.
In Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound, Super Saiyan 2 Gohan used the Full-Power Kamehameha to defeat Bojack. Gohan when about to charge it also claimed in response to Bojack's threat of last words that it was the word he had in mind.
In Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, Roshi uses the technique to defeat a group of Frieza's Soldiers.
- Moon-Destroying Kamehameha - A more powerful version of this technique.
- The Greatest Kamehameha - A variation used by Roshi against Ganos during the Tournament of Power. It differs from the normal MAX Power Kamehameha in that Roshi uses his own life force as a source of power for the technique, resulting in an even more powerful attack.
- Big Bang Kamehameha - A combination of the Big Bang Attack and Full Power Kamehameha used by Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta and EX Gotenks in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Galick Kamehameha - A combination of the Full Power Kamehameha and Hyper Galick Gun used by Gogeta, EX Gogeta, and EX Gotenks in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Kamehame Beam Cannon - A combination of the Full Power Kamehameha and Full Power Special Beam Cannon used by Kallohan in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Kamehame Tri-Beam - A combination of the Full Power Kamehameha and Ultra Tri-Beam used by Tiencha in Dragon Ball Fusions.
Video Game Appearances
Roshi uses the attack as an opponent in Dragon Ball: Dragon Daihikyou. Named Max Kamehameha, the technique is one of Roshi's super attacks in the Butōden series. The technique was named MAX POWER Kamehameha in Budokai Tenkaichi series, where it appears as Master Roshi's Ultimate Blast in his Max Power form (spelled "MAX POWER Kamehameha" in Budokai Tenkaichi 3). It is used by Jackie Chun during the first boss battle of Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans. In Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai it appears under the name Full Power Kamehameha where it is used by Krillin against Frieza.
In Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure, Goku eventually learns the technique as well. In Dragon Ball Online, the technique is called Giant Kamehameha and is a skill learned by Turtle Hermits at level 48. Its area of effect is listed as "15 meter radius around a single target".
In Dragon Ball Fusions, it appears under the name Full Power Kamehameha and can be learned as a Special Move by Kid Goku after he reaches Lv. 65, Goten after he reaches Lv. 70, and Pan after she reaches Lv. 78. In Dragon Ball Fusions, it acts like a stronger version of Super Kamehameha, however it is weaker than the Limitbreaker Kamehameha.