The Light Sword is a technique used by Future Trunks.
Future Trunks uses this technique by putting golden energy over his broken sword in the shape of an actual sword.
- Sword of Hope - A far more powerful version of this sword created by infusing it with a Spirit Bomb.
Video Game Appearances
This technique was named in Dragon Ball Fusions. In the Japanese version Future Trunks' Sword is used like in Dragon Ball Super, but in the English localization Future Trunks' Sword is replaced will a wooden sword like all physical swords due to censorship.
As part of the 1.07.00 Update in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, the Light Sword makes a minor appearance when the Sword of Hope Ultimate Skill is activated by either Future Trunks or the Future Warrior, they will draw their Light Sword briefly before infusing it with the energy of a Spirit Bomb to create the Sword of Hope which they wield as part of the Sword of Hope Ultimate Skill. The Light Sword's appearance in the game is basically little more than a visual cameo in Xenoverse 2.
- This technique may have been inspired by Gravity Break a Kikoukenjutsu Sword School sword technique from Dragon Ball Online, a spiritual attack for the Sword Master skill tree which involves channelling ki through the user's sword, outlining it in a golden energy that takes shape of a large sword itself, and then slashes the target with a ki-enhanced sword slash. This skill uses the Kikoukenjutsu principle of channeling ki through swords.
- Alternatively Gravity Break and Light Sword are variations on the same technique of channelling energy into one's sword.
- It should be noted that Future Trunks' counterpart Trunks created the Kikoukenjutsu Sword School together with Goten after reading Goha's book Groundbreaking Science which inspired them to take up swordsmanship and developed their school's techniques including Gravity Break.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016