Kuriza greatly resembles his father Frieza. He is shorter than his father, has a chestnut-shaped head and his bio-gems are either purple (in the manga) or brown (in the games) in color. In his first form he also lacks horns.
Unlike other members of his family, he is not especially evil, and has a fit when the manga runs out of pages before he has a chance to show off.
In World Mission, the anomalous game world Kuriza is shown to care for his father and grandfather, as well as having respect for his uncle Cooler whom he respectively calls "Uncle Cooler". Similar to his uncle, Kuriza becomes dedicated to restoring the honor of the Frieza Clan after Mecha Frieza and King Cold are defeated by the DBH Team, to the point of transforming into his True Form and requesting to fight alongside his uncle to restore their family's honor as well as his own for failing to to prevent the defeats of his father and grandfather. This demonstrates that Kuriza is also similar to his ancestor Chilled as both are known to care for family.
Kuriza is the son of Frieza.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Main article: Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission Due to an anomaly, as Mecha Frieza and King Cold are about to be defeated by Beat and Note, Kuriza arrives with his two henchmen to back up his father and grandfather. However Mecha Frieza and King Cold are defeated by the pair, though his uncle Cooler and Cooler's Armored Squadron arrive avenge the honor of the Frieza Clan. However they kill Salza, Dore, and Neiz, causing Kuriza to transform into his Final Form, asking his uncle to allow him to fight alongside him to restore his honor as a member of the Frieza Clan, which Cooler permits saying not to say his uncle never gave him anything. Abo and Kado fuse to assist Kuriza. Due to the anomaly, Cooler also reveals he has achieved his race's Ultimate Evolution to become Golden Cooler. However the pair are able to kill Golden Cooler, Final Form Kuriza, and Aka with King Cold and Mecha Frieza perishing shortly after Cooler's arrival. However Beat and Note are left exhausted by their battles, forcing Great Saiyaman 3 to send new recruits Froze and Kagyu to help them return to the real world.
Though the Frieza Clan is all but wiped out in the anomalous main timeline as a result of Kuriza and Cooler's deaths, due to the anomaly being fixed by Beat and Note, the main timeline of Age 764 in the game world would eventually revert back to normal with Mecha Frieza and King Cold being killed by Future Trunks as in the original timeline.
Neko Majin Z
Main article: Nekomajin
Lord Onio brings Kuriza to Neko Majin Z, claiming him to be the "true" strongest in the universe, only for Kuriza be rammed into the ground by an angry Neko Majin Z for having interrupted his upcoming battle with Thunderbolt, the alleged "strongest in the world". From the crater emerges oil, as does a drenched Kuriza, who removes his Battle Armor and transforms into what appears to be akin to his father's final form. Then, Neko Majin Z transforms as well, though all it has done is give him a pair of double eyelids and a knack to fart. Unfortunately, the pages run out before anything can happen between the two. Neko Majin Z then goes out to fish as his friend watches anime, and the chapter ends. Kuriza and Onio decide to stay with Z until they can get revenge on him.
Apparently Kuriza battles Z at some point after this chapter but before the next, as when Vegeta arrives Onio comments that both he and Kuriza were helpless in their respective battles with Z.
Five months later, Kuriza and Onio are playing soccer with Z and his friend, when Vegeta arrives - having been asked by Frieza to send Kuriza back to him - he cheers on Vegeta when he takes on Neko Majin Z, but is shocked when the Saiyan Prince unexpectedly leaves, claiming he just received an emergency message on his cell phone, thinking to himself that he will never appear in another "gag manga" again.
- Neko Majin Z
In his first form, it is said that Kuriza is at least stronger than Super Saiyan Onio. In his first form he is easily knocked into the ground by Z and so takes on his true form, however he is not able to fight Z as the pages run out. He seemingly fights Z in the five months between chapters and is easily defeated, as Onio tells Vegeta that both he and Kuriza were helpless in their fights against Z. It is also stated that he is weaker than Vegeta.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
In an interview with Akira Toriyama, he stated that among Frieza's race only Frieza and Cold had such incredible levels of power. It was also stated by Naho Ooishi in an interview for Resurrection ‘F’ that even though the rest of Frieza's family are strong, Frieza's power has always been in a completely different league from them, and that Frieza alone is the only one who possesses this level of power.
- Video Games
In World Mission, in his First Form Kuriza is able to fight alongside Mecha Frieza and King Cold with assistance from Abo and Cado against Beat and Note, with Note warning Beat not to let his guard down around Kuriza, pointing out while he may be little he is still lethal. Though he, Abo, and Cado survive, Mecha Frieza and King Cold are defeated and end up perishing as a result with Kuriza and his henchmen only being saved by the intervention of Cooler and the his Armored Squadron, who arrive to restore honor to the Frieza Clan by defeating the two Heroes. In his Final Form, Kuriza is strong enough for Golden Cooler to allow his nephew to fight alongside him with the assistance of the fusion, Aka. However despite their numerical advantage, the three are defeated and killed by Beat and Note, though the two are left exhausted afterwards and Note points out to Great Saiyaman 3 they could have really used assistance from Froze and Kagyu who's return to the game world had been delayed by the anomaly.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight - The ability to fly by using ki.
- Ki Blast - The most basic form of energy wave. Used in Dragon Ball Heroes and World Mission.
- Death Beam – Kuriza used a Death Beam to destroy Thunderbolt and Honey's car. In World Mission, its Super Attack Accessory can be equipped to Kuriza's card either through Card Creation (which costs Custom Points) or via the Custom Deck (which replaces his card's default Super Attack at no cost).
- Overhead Kick – A backflip kick used while he was playing soccer with Neko Majin Z, Z's best friend, and Onio.
- Death Wave – Kuriza (as an alternate costume for Frieza) uses the Death Wave in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2. In World Mission, its Super Attack Accessory can be equipped to Kuriza's card either through Card Creation (which costs Custom Points) or via the Custom Deck (which replaces his card's default Super Attack at no cost).
- Death Ball – Kuriza uses a giant orange Death Ball in Dragon Ball Heroes and World Mission which he can use as his Super Attack in his first and final forms. In Dragon Ball Z 2 V Frieza (in his Kuriza outfit) can use a Death Ball with a face on it.
- Full Charge Death Ball - A stronger, larger version of the Death Ball that was used by Final Form Kuriza in Dragon Ball Heroes and World Mission. The Full Charge Death Ball is black with a fiery orange outer edge.
- Tail Attack – Kuriza attacks with his tail in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Battle Armor - Like his father, Kuriza wears Frieza Force Battle Armor in his first form.
- Bio Suit - Like his father and uncle, Kuriza wears his race's biological armor instead of artificial clothing in his True Form.
- Kuriza's Spaceship - In World Mission, Kuriza is shown to have his own personal Frieza Force mothership identical to those used by his father, grandfather, uncle, and Sorbet. He uses the ship to travel to Earth with his subordinates Abo and Cado.
Forms and transformations
Main article: Transforming Ability Kuriza's appearance in this form is much like his father Frieza in his first form, except his head comes to a point on top, making it look like a chestnut, he doesn't have horns and in games the "plates" of his body are in dark red/brown.
Kuriza's appearance in this form is similar to his father in his Final form, except Kuriza is shorter, his head is still shaped like a chestnut, and in games his body parts are in dark brown color instead of purple like Frieza.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, the game world version of Kuriza transforms into his final form to fight alongside his uncle Golden Cooler and Aka against the Dragon Ball Heroes who had defeated his father and grandfather.
Video Game Appearances
Kuriza makes his first appearance ever in a video-game and as a playable character in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 though he is exclusive to the japanese version and is simply an alternate skin for Frieza. He also appears as a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the second mission of the Jaaku Mission series (JM2). His final form appeared in the fourth mission (JM4).
He also appears as a playable character in Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission making it his first playable appearance in Dragon Ball game where he also appears in the English localization.
- Like Krillin, the pun on his name is derived from kuri, or chestnut. This makes Kuriza one of the two members of Frieza's race to not have a full cold related name pun, alongside his uncle Cooler (whose name comes from “meshi demo kūra”). Although an element of the play on the word "Freezer" is still in the name "Kuriza", as "Furiza" is another way Frieza's name is spelled.
- It is unclear exactly what point Kuriza was born, as Cooler is said to be the only surviving member of the Frieza Clan in Age 764 in Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II, yet in World Mission it is suggested he was born before Age 764 (though he only appears within an anomalous version of the SDBH game world's main timeline thus events may have been altered by game world anomaly). If Legacy of Goku II is correct, then Kuriza would be born at some point after Frieza's first or second resurrections.