The King of the Demon Realm (魔界の王 makai no ō) / (魔界王 Makaiō, "King of the Demon World"), normally just referred to as the Demon King, is an entity who exists in the Demon Realm, acting as a sort of equivalent to the Kai.
The King of the Demon Realm (魔界王 Makaiō) title was given more detail in the second Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, which was released in 2009. Occasionally, when a Core Person with an evil heart is born, the evil Core Person falls under the Demon Realm King.
Dabura and Mira have both been referred to as King of the Demon Realm (魔界の王 makai no ō). Fu is referred to as rightful successor to his genetic father and uncle. Dabura and Mira also have a fusion named Damira. Additionally, Mirayo in Dragon Ball Fusions is referred to as former queen of the Demon World.
Daizenshuu 7 refers to Demon King Dabura as being the absolute ruler who commands all of the Demon Realm, however later media introduced entities who outrank the King of the Demon Realm: the Demon Supreme Kai, Master of the Demon World and Dark King.
- The term "Makaiō" is never used to refer to any of the Demon Realm's kings in the series, but rather "makai no ō", however both terms translate to "King of the Demon Realm/World".
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, 2020
- Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide, 2009
- Dragon Ball Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume. kanzenshuu.
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, 2006
- Dragon Ball Heroes, 2010