"The thunder of the wild! And the roar of love! Kakunsa!"
In the manga, Kakunsa's base form "Sanka Coo" does not exist.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Other Dragon Ball Stories
- 5 Power
- 6 Techniques and Special Abilities
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Transformations
- 9 Video Game Appearances
- 10 Voice Actors
- 11 Battles
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 Site Navigation
Sanka is a human-like young woman with long brown hair, brown irises and round light green earrings. She wears a dark blue dress with short sleeves, light green frills and a light green neckerchief; dark blue sleeve gloves, dark blue leggings, and high heel blue shoes.
As Kakunsa, her skin is a teal color, her hair is dark blue, and she wears a black mask over her eyes. She wears a dark blue sleeveless bodysuit, wears green gloves, green boots, and has a dark blue colored tail.
Sanka appears to be very easy going. Her poses involve her winking, and she made the V sign with her fingers when her universe was introduced. As Kakunsa, she is very aggressive and feral as seen when she viciously attacked Android 17, but she is still kind to her universe as seen when she hugged Bikal for saving her from falling out of the ring. She was enraged when Bikal was eliminated and vowed to avenge her.
She is a bit of a sore loser as she is seen to be seething after being defeated and later cries after powering down. She is extremely loyal to Brianne as her friend and underling and comforts Brianne after she is defeated. After Zarbuto, Rabanra, and Zirloin are defeated; Sanka is implied to be checking on them to make sure they are alright even as Zeno starts erasing them. Sanka shows no signs of fear over being erased and transforms into Kakunsa to thank her universe for cheering them on. She then cheerfully waves goodbye before being erased.
She occasionally speaks in Kansai-ben dialect.
Dragon Ball Super
Universe Survival Saga
Main article: Universe Survival Saga Sanka was first seen alongside Brianne and Su in the World of Void. When the Tournament of Power began, Sanka, Brianne, and Su were immediately hit by Narirama's spinning arm attack, but the trio recovered quickly.
When Universe 2 confronted Universe 7 later in the tournament, Sanka was seen with them. Upon her first attempt to transform with the other two Kamikaze Fireballs, they were interrupted by a sneak attack from Android 17, who saw the girls' preoccupation with their henshin as an opportunity to eliminate them. But after 17 was scolded by Brianne, Goku, and Top for his "dirty attack" the Kamikaze Fireballs were able to transform successfully. Kakunsa then challenged Android 17 to a fight. Although she initially appeared to have the advantage, she was caught off-guard when 17 used his barrier ability against her, knocking her over the edge of the arena. However, Bikal quickly intervened and managed to save Kakunsa. Grateful, Kakunsa shared a dramatic hug with Bikal.
Seeing that Bikal's flying ability was a great boon to her team, 17 targeted Bikal with a vicious assault and eliminated her, enraging Kakunsa. 17 and Kakunsa then continued their battle briefly before 17 gathered his energy and blasted Kakunsa out of the arena. Eliminated, she was then transported to Universe 2's bench to sit alongside Bikal, both women seething. Ribrianne then attacked 17 in an attempt to avenge her two eliminated teammates. Back on the bench, Kakunsa transformed back into Sanka and shouted an apology to Ribrianne for her defeat before breaking down into tears, upset over her elimination.
Later, during the fight between Roasie and Goku, Sanka excitedly looked on when it seemed like Roasie had defeated Goku after she had bombarded him with energy grenades, but Sanka's hopes were dashed when the smoke from the explosions cleared and it was revealed that 17 had stepped in and protected Goku from Roasie's attack with a barrier.
During the fight between Goku and Ribrianne, Sanka, Roasie, and Heles performed a ritual to lend some of their energy to Ribrianne, causing Ribrianne to transform into a more powerful state—although it proved to be a fruitless effort as Ribrianne was still no match for Goku, losing her elevated form after he sent her reeling with a mighty blow from behind.
As the remaining members of Team Universe 2 converge on Goku, Sanka asks Ribrianne and Rozie to avenge her. She later shows concern when during Ribrianne’s fight against Android 18, and later after Brianne traps Android 18 in her Big Amour, She leads the charge for her team to use the Love Wands to transform Brianne into her Super Ribrianne Avatar form, and she and Su later comfort Brianne after she loses. Sanka smiles as Brianne cheers up over the idea of there being another kind of love that they are not quite aware of.
Sanka later lends her love and support to their remaining warriors: Zirloin, Rabanra, and Zarbuto; allowing them to use the Formation transformation and become their own versions of Ribrianne, Kakunsa, and Rozie respectively. After they are defeated, Sanka places her hand on Rabanra’s chest to see if he is alright as Zeno starts erasing them. Sanka transforms into Kakunsa and thanks their universe for cheering them on. She cheerfully waves goodbye before being erased along with her universe, leaving Sour as the sole survivor of Universe 2.
Shortly after Universe 2 was erased, Xiangca used his ability to create shadowy illusions of Kakunsa and other erased warriors as a cover for Damom to attack to make it look like the shadowy apparitions could attack. Kakunsa's illusion briefly tried to attack Android 17 before Piccolo eliminated Xiangca, and the illusions vanished.
Sanka is later revived with her universe when Android 17 uses the Super Dragon Balls to resurrect all of the universes that were erased. Sanka is seen crying tears of joy with the rest of her team as they are being cheered on by a crowd of people.
Other Dragon Ball Stories
Dragon Ball Legends
Main articles: Dragon Ball Legends and Tournament of Time During the Tournament of Time in Age 780 some time after the Tournament of Power, Kakunsa finds herself among the participants summoned from different eras, timelines, and universes to complete for a chance to make a wish using the Super Dragon Balls. She manages to find Rozie and Ribrianne.
- Super Cell Games
Main article: Super Cell Games After New Cell announces he will be holding his own mini-tournament similar to the original Cell Games though due to the number of Tournament of Time participants, he makes the Super Cell Games a team battle royale. The Kamikaze Fireballs end up being among the teams to enter the Super Cell Games.
However Kakunsa and Rozie begin to notice Ribrianne is taking things to far and eventually she shows signs of being under the influence of the same Dark Ki that had previously effected Raditz, Turles, and Dr. Gero. Under its influence, Ribrianne is more extreme and even attacks Kakunsa and Rozie at one point. Fortunately, Ribrianne ends up falling unconscious while fighting Shallot and his allies. Despite her attacking them, both Kakunsa and Rozie stop Shallot from killing Ribrianne as they note her recent behavior isn't like her and that she's been acting out of character ever since they meet up.
- Manga and Anime
In the anime, as Kakunsa, she was able to hold her own against Android 17 when he was going easy on her because she reminded him of the animals on his island, with Android 18 noting that 17 might need her assistance to beat Kakunsa. However, once 17 got serious, he was able to outmatch Kakunsa in battle - though she managed to hold her own and dodge some of his attacks - and eventually blasted her off the stage with a giant energy blast after launching himself onto the arena's artificial sun.
In the manga she is briefly able to hold Android 18 in place together with Roasie, however, 18 gets out of their grip and defeats them along with Ribrianne with a ki blast.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Flight - The ability to fly by utilizing ki. Used in Dragon Ball Legends.
- Beast warrior traits - In the anime, becoming a beast warrior gifts Sanka with sharp claws and fangs for attacking. It also gives her incredibly high movement speed in comparison to other fighters of her strength level. Becoming a beast warrior also grants her stamina that is unparalleled in the rest of Universe 2, allowing her to continue her assault until her prey is taken down.
- Light of Love - In the anime, a team attack fired off by Ribranne, Kakunsa, and Roasie. They each fire a heart from their hands, which will cause all opponents who smell the aroma that explode from these hearts to drop their guard and become infatuated with them.
- Mystic Attack - In the manga, Kakunsa can extend her arms, which she does in order to restrain 18 alongside Roasie.
- Love Wand - It has the ability to transfer the user's "love" to Brianne, by chanting "You can do it Ribrianne!".
Main article: Formation
In the anime, when Sanka Coo uses her transformation she becomes Magical Girl Kakunsa. In this form, she is a beast warrior with the instincts of a wild animal. Though her appearance looks like a cross of humanoid, monkey and feline.
Video Game Appearances
Kakunsa makes her debut as a playable character in Dragon Ball Legends. There are two player version of her, Kakunsa (DBL16-08S) and Kakunsa (DBL28-04).
- Japanese: Ryōko Shiraishi
- Funimation dub: Morgan Berry
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Letícia Bortoletto
- Portugal dub: Cristina Cavalinhos
- Latin American Spanish dub: Betzabé Jara
- Italian dub: Renata Bertolas
- Polish dub: Zuzanna Galia
- Dragon Ball Super
- Sanka Coo, Brianne de Chateau, Sous Roas, Cabba, Dyspo, Methiop, Murisam, Shosa, Hit, and Basil vs. Narirama
- Sanka Coo, Brianne de Chateau, & Sous Roas vs. Android 17
- Sanka Coo (Kakunsa) vs. Android 17
- Sanka Coo (Kakunsa) and Bikal vs. Android 17
- Sanka Coo (Kakunsa) and Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne) vs. Android 17
- Sanka Coo (Kakunsa; Illusion) vs. Android 17
- Kakunsa vs. Unknown Warrior
- Kakunsa, Ribrianne, Roasie vs. Android 18
- Kakunsa and Roasie vs. Gamisalas or Damom
- Sanka's transformed self, Kakunsa, is a pun on the Japanese word sankaku (means "triangle"), presumably a reference to tri-tip steak, or 三角バラ (sankaku bara).
- sankaku is also what she utters before she transforms
- Alternatively, her name may come from Kansas steak.
- Her transformed name is an anagram of her full name.
- The scene where Bikal saves her from being rung out is an over-the-top parody of shoujo anime romance, presumably indicating a romantic relationship between the two women. This is further evidenced by Heles' and Ribrianne's commentary that the two have the power of love on their side. This would mark the second time a homosexual character is featured in the franchise (after the General Blue Saga), the first time a lesbian character is featured (along with Bikal), and the first time a same-sex relationship is featured in the franchise.
- During Kakunsa's rage-fueled attacks on 17 following Bikal's elimination, she refers to Bikal as hers, presumably in a romantic context.
Main article: Kakunsa/Gallery
- Animedia: Dragon Ball Super Featurette. twimg (September 2017).