Shueisha announced the development of the game in February 2018. Jumputi Heroes was released March 28, 2018 as part of Jump's 50th-anniversary celebration. It is available on both Android and iOS devices.
As a puzzle RPG, Jumputi Heroes contains elements of both genres. Like an RPG, players level up their characters, and combat progresses in turns. However, the strength of characters' attacks is determined by how well the player can move and match colored icons. Matching certain icons can also engage Support Characters.
Jumputi Heroes is also a gacha game, so many characters are acquired in a lottery-based system. Others can be obtained from the games' levels.
Jumputi Heroes features characters from dozens of franchises across Weekly Shōnen Jump's history. Each playable character can be equipped as a support as well. Some are also enemies, but other characters only appear as enemies and are not playable. Additionally, the game incorporates individual panels from each manga series, in which all playable characters and many other characters make appearances.
- Goku (Young, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Kaio-ken, Kid Buu Saga, Frieza Saga, Son Goku & Monkey D. Luffy, and Son Goku & Vegeta)
- Vegeta (Majin, Vegeta Saga, Namek Saga, Angel, Son Goku & Vegeta)
- Piccolo (Ma Junior, Planet Namek's Strongest Warrior)
- Krillin (Hidden Power Unleashed)
- Frieza (Full Power, The Fear of the Entire Universe, Mecha Frieza)
- Gohan (Super Saiyan 2, Hidden Saiyan Potential, Tremendous Hidden Potential, Future, Ultimate, Great Saiyaman)
- Trunks (Super Saiyan, Future Warrior of Hope )
- Cell (Perfect Form)
- Master Roshi
- Android 17
- Android 18
- Goten (Super Saiyan)
- Bulma (Young)
- King Piccolo
- Mr. Satan
- Super Buu (Buuhan)
- Good Buu
- Kid Buu
- Captain Ginyu
- Gotenks (Super Sayian, Super Saiyan 3)
- Vegito (Super Saiyan)
Manga Panel Characters
- Master Roshi (Jackie Chun)
- Ginyu Force
- Super Buu
- Goku using the Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu
1. Anime News Network: Shonen Jump Characters Star in Jumputi Heroes Crossover Smartphone Game. February 5th, 2018
2.Official Tweet announcing the March 28th release date: Twitter. "iOS/Androidともに3月28日（水）配信です！" March 23rd, 2018.
3.Official press release from LINE: (Japan) LINE Launches Jumputi Heroes – A Bubble-Popping RPG Based on Friendship, Hard Work, and Victory!
4. "「週刊少年ジャンプ」の創刊50周年を記念したアプリ「ジャンプチ ヒーローズ」が今春リリース予定。事前登録の受付もスタート" 4Gamer.net (February 5, 2018). Retrieved: June 26, 2018.