Jewel (ジュエール Juēru) is a quarter finalist in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament.
Dragon Ball Z
Majin Buu Saga
Jewel is shown to be a ladies man, as he tries to invite Android 18 to a date (unaware that she is already married) during the Battle Royale in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. However, when he is rejected by 18, he hits on her and tries to get her to throw the match. He then gets angry and tries to attack her as the Battle Royal begins, but she kicks him effortlessly out of the ring.
Jewel is a good fighter for a Earthling, having previously reached the finals of a World Martial Arts Tournament.
Techniques and Special Abilities
- Hikou - Jewel can fly by utilizing a Jet-Pack.
- Diamond Chop - A powerful karate chop that Jewel unsuccessfully tried to use on Android 18.
Video Game Appearances
Jewel makes a minor appearance in Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, at the 25th World Tournament. His scouter profile identifies him as "Jewl". He is seen again during the final sequence of the game, in the changing rooms of the 28th World Tournament. Jewel is also playable in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle.
- Japanese: Yūsuke Numata (DBZ), Kota Nemoto (Kai)
- Brazilian Portuguese dub: Luiz Laffey and Sérgio Rufino
- Pre-World Tournament Saga
- Jewel vs. Mr. Satan
- Dragon Ball Z
- Jewel vs. Android 18
- The name Jewel, when associated with Killa (a character seen discussing with Jewel very often during the 25th tournament), is a pun on the word "kilojoule" (a measurement of energy similar to a calorie).
- Jewel's style of behavior is very similar to Caroni (one of Mr. Satan's disciples) and Nareg (a contestant in the 28th Tournament) as they are all three are:
- Loved by women
- In an art error, when Jewel is carried to the hospital on a stretcher, he has a mark on his face as if he has been kicked there, but Android 18 kicked him in the chest, not the face.
- One ironic trait about Jewel is that he bears a striking resemblance to Android 17 and Android 18, whose real names are Lapis and Lazuli, which put together is Lapis Lazuli, a rare blue gem.
- The name Jewel is a reference to gems and jewelry, revealing a similarity between not only their physical appearance, but their names too.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters heading to Toonami!!. funimation (December 6, 2016).