- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Other Dragon Ball stories
- 5 Power
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Video Game Appearances
- 8 Voice Actors
- 9 Battles
- 10 List of characters killed by Hatchiyack
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Gallery
- 13 References
- 14 Site Navigation
Hatchiyack is a machine with a unique looking design. What appears to possibly be a skin like substance is pink while the armor that covers him in parts is red. He also has blue oval shaped designs on his arms, chest and head which glow brightly when he is storing up energy. In the remake of the OVA, these were changed to green instead of blue.
Being a machine, Hatchiyack is focused on his objective to eradicate the last Saiyans and everything that stands in his way. He is also ruthless and merciless when it comes to finishing his mission. In the 2010 remake, he displays more emotion and slightly more dialogue.
During the Baby Hatchiyack Saga, Hatchiyack has a sort of kinship of sorts with Baby due to their shared origin as artificial beings created by Tuffle scientists during the Saiyan-Tuffle war who are both motivated to seek revenge on the Saiyans leading to the two to fuse after Towa summons Hatchiyack to Age 789.
Hatchiyack first appears as a massive supercomputer, designed by Dr. Lychee to amplify the "power of hate" in order to help the Tuffles fight back and defeat the Saiyan menace. Unfortunately for the Tuffles, Dr. Lychee is unable to complete his machine in time to stop the Saiyan advance; instead, he allows Hatchiyack to absorb the hatred and negative energy of the fallen Tuffles before jettisoning it into outer space.
Dragon Ball Heroes
Dark Demon Realm Saga
Main article: Baby Hatchiyack Saga In the trailer for God Mission 6, Hatchiyack is summoned to Age 789 by Towa before the Neo Machine Mutant Tuffle Baby can be killed by Super Saiyan 4 Goku and beckons Baby to him leading the two who fuse into Baby Hatchiyack who engages the Dragon Team, Time Patrol, and Dragon Ball Heroes in battle.
Prison Planet Saga
Main article: Prison Planet Saga
Hatchiyack was taken to the Prison Planet by Fu and gifted with a Special Dragon Ball. He invades the Chaos Area of the Prison Planet and attacks the Frieza Force troops located there with Ghost Warriors.
In the game, when King Cold attempts to betray Cooler and Future Trunks, Hatchiyack kills him with a sneak attack and attacks the duo. He overwhelms Future Trunks and moves in to finish him off, only to be prevented by Majin Ozotto. He powers up further into his Super Grudge Amplification form, but is ultimately destroyed by the trio, dispersing the Ghost Warriors and allowing the trio to take his Special Dragon Ball.
In the manga, when Majin Ozotto finds the machine that is creating the Ghost Warriors and prepares to destroy it, Hatchiyack appears from behind him and Ozotto senses that he is carrying one of the Special Dragon Balls. Hatchiyack and Ozotto proceed to battle, with Hatchiyack having a clear advantage in power, however by utilizing tricks Ozotto is able to steal his Special Dragon Ball and escape.
When Oolong wishes for everyone to return to where they came from, Hatchiyack is sent away.
Other Dragon Ball stories
Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans
Main article: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans series Years after the Saiyan-Tuffle war and the Genocide of the Saiyans, the machine revives Dr. Lychee, Frieza, Cooler, Lord Slug, and Turles as Ghost Warriors in order to attack the remaining Saiyans that live on Earth. After absorbing the pure hatred of Dr. Lychee's ghost, who was defeated by the Dragon Team on the Dark Planet, the machine materializes itself into a powerful fighter.
Hatchiyack first appears to be too powerful for the Z Fighters to handle, but after about 15 minutes of a one-sided fight, Goku figures out Hatchiyack's weakness. Hatchiyack only fires his Revenger Cannon after charging up for 15 seconds and doing so leaves him completely defenseless. Knowing this, Goku and the others begin powering up their strongest blasts and fire at the count of 15. And after a brief struggle, this proves to be more than enough to fully destroy Hatchiyack.
In Dragon Ball Z Side Story: True Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans - Space Saga, Hatchiyack survives the Z Fighters' attack and continues the battle. The final battle depends on the player's earlier choice: if Goku went to the first planet then the final battle is against Super Hatchiyack, who defeats the Z Fighters once more until he is taken down by an Instant Spirit Bomb. If Goku went to the second planet, the final battle is against Giant Hatchiyack, who is defeated when Goku flies inside him and destroys his core.
Upon being sensed by King Kai, King Kai states that Hatchiyack has the greatest ki he has ever sensed. Hatchiyack is described by Goku as being stronger than Broly (whose Power Level is around 1,400,000,000 in his Legendary Super Saiyan form according to a 2004 V-Jump). He has minimal difficulty fighting Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Gohan, Super Saiyan Vegeta, Super Saiyan Future Trunks, and Piccolo, which also alludes to the Broly comparison since Broly also performed a similar feat.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission, Super Grudge Amplification Hatchiyack proves to be able to hold the edge over Majin Ozotto - who is unable to damage him at all.
- Video Game
In his game exclusive Super Form, Hatchiyack becomes even more powerful than ever. He can defeat the aforementioned Z Fighters even quicker than before. Only by the power of a Spirit Bomb is Super Hatchiyack destroyed for good.
In the Prison Planet Saga of Dragon Ball Heroes, Hatchiyack is able to take down King Cold with a sneak attack, he proves too much for Future Trunks and Cooler, and upon taking on his Super Grudge Amplification form it takes Future Trunks, Cooler and Majin Ozotto working together to defeat him.
- Hate Energy Manipulation – Hatchiyack's primary ability, it can manipulate Hate Energy to perform various techniques.
- Hate Energy Absorption – Hatchiyack possess the ability to absorb Hate Energy into itself.
- Resurrection and Power Up – Hatchiyack can resurrect people as powerful Ghost Warriors through manipulating their hatred of the Saiyans. The resurrected warriors are also powered up compared to how they were in life.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Full Power Energy Wave – Hatchiyack uses a green energy wave fired from the left hand. Used in Dragon Ball Z Side Story: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans and Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2.
- Energy Wave Combo – Hatchiyack repeatedly throws small energy balls one after another, creating lots of explosions.
- Rapid Charge Counter – A counterattack used by Hatchiyack in the OVA Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.
- Ultimate Blow – A physical attack used by Hatchiyack in the OVA Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.
- Revenger Charge – One of Hatchiyack's supportive techniques. It is also one of his techniques in Saiyajin Zetsumetsu Keikaku and Hatchiyack's signature attack in Raging Blast 2.
- Revenger Cannon – Hatchiyack's most powerful technique. It is a green energy sphere fired after 15 seconds of Revenger Charge.
- Ultra Revenger Cannon (超リベンジャーキャノン) – A more powerful version of the attack used by Hatchiyack in his Giant Form.
- Full Charge Revenger Cannon (フルチャージリベンジャーカノン) – A more powerful version of the attack used by Super Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Final Revenger Cannon (ファイナルリベンジャーカノン) – A even more powerful version of the Revenger Cannon used by Baby Hatchiyack. Named in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Full Power Revenger Cannon (フルパワーリベンジャーカノン) - The most powerful version of the Revenger Cannon used by Super Grudge Amplification Hatchiyack in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Cloning - Hatchiyack is able to multiply into many Hatchiyacks. Using a mirror, Goku is able to discover which is the real Hatchiyack and the illusions fade away. Hatchiyack is then easily dispatched by a Kamehameha attack, perhaps having lost power by creating the fake Hatchiyacks, similar to the Multi-Form technique. In Uchū-Hen, he created eight copies and in Dragon Ball Heroes, he can have four.
- Exploding Wave – Used in Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.
- Explosive Wave – Used in Raging Blast 2, in his base form. He also uses the attack in his Giant form in Dragon Ball Z Side Story: True Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans - Space Saga.
- Mind Break – A Card Action Ability utilizable by any of the Kings of Destruction in Dragon Ball Heroes. The user fires a beam at their target that temporarily puts them under Babidi's Mind Control.
- Aura of Enmity (憎しみのオーラ) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that reduces the enemy team's Power Level by 50% during Round 1 of the battle.
- Dark Aura (闇のオーラ) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Baby Hatchiyack Saga that reduces the enemy team's HP recovery and Stamina recovery rates when he is a supporter.
- Destron Gas (デストロンガス) - An ability used by Hatchiyack as a boss in the Hatchiyack Subjugation Mission that reduces the Stamina of all enemies at the end of each round.
- Destron Gas Device (デストロンガス装置) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Hatchiyack Saga that stops the enemy team from using Super Attacks. The effect is ended if his team takes over 2000 damage, or if the enemy team has the Destron Gas Antidote ability.
- Energy Breaker (エナジーブレイカー) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that reduces the enemy team's Hero Energy by 2 once when he wins a Charge Impact while attacking.
- Fierce Blow (強烈な一撃) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that greatly increases the Stamina damage dealt by his first attack.
- Furious Charge (闘志爆発) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Hatchiyack Saga that allows him to attack the enemy capable of dealing the most damage if his team wins the Power Level Battle Phase by at least 3000.
- Hatred Amplifier (怨念増幅装置) - An ability used by Hatchiyack's various forms and Baby Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases his Super Attack damage based on the damage taken by his team.
- Iron Will (Team) (鉄の意志（チーム）) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Rebellious Zamasu Saga that permanently protects his team from Stamina damage.
- Killer Instinct (するどい殺気) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that prevents the enemy team's Power Level from increasing based on their Power Level during Round 1 of the battle.
- Power to Resist (対抗する力) - An ability used by Super Grudge Amplification Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that increases his Power by 1500 per each enemy team Hero Energy at the end of Round 1 of the battle.
- Rejuvenation (Team) (ハイテンション（チーム）) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes as a boss in the Hatchiyack Saga that fully restores the Stamina of his team at the start of each round.
- Revenger Cannon (リベンジャーカノン) - An ability used by Hatchiyack as a boss in the Hatchiyack Subjugation Mission that maxes his Hero Energy after the Prep Phase of Round 3.
- Supersonic Strike (電光石火の一撃) - An ability used by Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that reduces the enemy team's Hero Energy by 1 at the end of Round 1 of the battle.
- Tuffle Vengeance (ツフル人の復讐) - An ability used by Baby Hatchiyack in Dragon Ball Heroes that at the end of the Power Level Battle Phase, reduces the Stamina of the enemy attackers if he is an attacker, or multiplies the damage of allies with lower Power than himself by 1.5x if a supporter.
Forms and Transformations
- Grudge Amplifier Device
The original form of Hatchiyack is an immobile supercomputer, similar to Dr. Gero's Supercomputer. It has the power to absorb grudge against the Saiyans in order to create powerful warriors, such as the Ghost Warriors. In the original OVA the computer's appearance on the Dark Planet is different than the one it had when created on Planet Plant.
- Humanoid battle form
This form is referred by Raichi as Hatchiyack's "perfect form", and is called "humanoid battle form" in Daizenshuu 7 and "humanoid form" in Raging Blast 2. As an ultimate attempt to defeat the Saiyans, Hatchiyack takes on a physical body after absorbing hatred of the Saiyans from Dr. Raichi after the latter was defeated. Hatchiyack takes on the form of a large red humanoid figure with gems across its body, which are blue in the original OVAs and green in the 2010 remake.
- Giant Form
Main article: Giant Form
One of the forms Hatchiyack can take in Dragon Ball Z Side Story: True Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans - Space Saga. In this transformation, Hatchiyack grows in size and his hand is slightly larger than Goku's entire body. Like other users of this technique, Hatchiyack appears to be able to use it in stages, as he, when already in Giant Form, became larger in retaliation to being hit by Energy Waves. He is defeated by Goku, who flies into Hatchiyack's mouth and into his center, destroying his core with a Kamehameha.
Giant Hatchiyack appears as a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced since the tenth mission of the Galaxy Mission series (GM10).
- Super Form
One of the forms Hatchiyack can take in Dragon Ball Z Side Story: True Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans - Space Saga. This state is called Powered Up Form (パワーアップ形態) in Dragon Ball Heroes. In this form, Hatchiyack grows slightly in height and gains both additional armors in his shoulder and hands with a boost in power as well as more blue parts on his chest and legs. He becomes powerful enough to beat the Z Fighters even faster than before. It is only after an Instant Spirit Bomb is thrown directly in his face by Super Saiyan Goku that Hatchiyack is finally defeated.
His Super Form appears as a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes, introduced in the tenth mission of the Galaxy Mission series (GM10).
- King of Destruction
Main article: King of Destruction
King of Destruction Hatchiyack is the result of Super Hatchiyack being placed under the control of Babidi or Bibidi, greatly increasing his power. He is a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes, making his debut in Jaaku Mission 5.
- Super Grudge Amplification
- Baby Hatchiyack
Main article: Baby
Baby Hatchiyack is the result of the fusion of Baby and Hatchiyack. In this form, he gains a yellow armor with upper shoulders, a yellow line in his head, and a dramatic increase in power. In Dragon Ball Heroes, Baby Hatchiyack makes his debut in God Mission 6.
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z Side Story: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans
- Dragon Ball Z Side Story: True Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans - Space Saga
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
Hatchiyack is the final boss in Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.
He appeared for the first time as a playable character in Raging Blast 2. Also, every copy of Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 includes Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, the remake of Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans; in order to unlock Hatchiyack, the movie has to be played first. This was also the first time that he gets an English voice actor.
Hatchiyack also appears as a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes, where he first received a card in the game's second mission. He first appeared as an enemy in the Hatchiyack Saga added in Galaxy Mission 10, where he was fought over a series of six battles. The latter three battles have Hatchiyack use all his available forms at that time - his Multiple forms, his Giant form, and finally his Powered Up form. In later missions he received new forms; the King of Destruction form in Jaaku Mission 5, and the Super Grudge Amplification form in Universe Mission 4.
- Japanese: Yūsaku Yara (1993 versions), Hideo Ishikawa (Playdia, Raging Blast 2, Heroes)
- Funimation dub: Christopher Sabat (Raging Blast 2 gameplay)
- Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans
- Hatchiyack vs. Goku (Super Saiyan), Gohan (Super Saiyan), Vegeta (Super Saiyan), Future Trunks (Super Saiyan), and Piccolo
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes
- Hatchiyack (Super Grudge Amplification) vs. Majin Ozotto
- Hatchiyack (Base/Super Grudge Amplification), Dr. Gero, Dr. Kochin, Dr. Lychee and Dr. Myuu vs. Future Trunks, Cooler, and Majin Ozotto
List of characters killed by Hatchiyack
- Combatants - Killed while attacking King Cold. Manga only.
- King Cold - Killed by Hatchiyack on the Prison Planet via a sneak attack energy blast. Game only.
- Hatchiyack's name is likely derived from "Hyakuhachi", which is Japanese for "One-hundred and eight", a number of great significance in Buddhism. "Eight hundred" is read as "Happyaku", and has no such notability. His name is also similar to the name of a cultivar of persimmon called the "hachiya", popular in Japan; it seems fitting due to the Tuffles' own name.
- Hatchiyack is very similar to Dr. Gero's Super Computer, for perpetuating its creator hatred and continuing the fight even after its doctor's death. Like Hatchiyack, Future Dr. Gero's Super Computer takes the form of a mechanical fighter after its creator's death in Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2.
- In his fighter form, Hatchiyack's physical appearance resembles Perfect Cell, only pink and red with green sections instead of dark on his body.
- Hatchiyack is similar to Baby as both are machine created by Tuffles (Dr. Lychee & King Tuffle respectively) and seek revenge on the surviving Saiyans for their race's role in the Genocide of the Tuffle race.
- Fittingly, Hatchiyack becomes Baby's host resulting in the Neo Machine Mutant becoming Baby Hatchiyack in the Dragon Ball Heroes series.