"Hey, we're still the baddest ogres in the land. No one can beat us."
Goz (ゴズ, Gozu; lit. "Cow-head") is a big ogre (oni) that is in charge of Hell together with Mez. King Yemma is his boss and also the only oni who is stronger than Goz. In original Japanese, Goz speaks with adding おに ("oni") to the end of each sentence.
Goz's skin is blue, he has purple hair, and one horn. He stops Goku from eating Ensenji (King Yemma's Fruit) by hitting him with a spiked club. Then, Goz challenges him to wrestling match and toys with him for some time, pretending to help him leave Hell, such as Goz's Flying Machine.
Goz and Mez later reappear in "Warriors of the Dead" where they are shown to be in hiding from Cell, King Cold, Frieza, and the Ginyu Force. It was also implied in this scene that they would have told Cell and his rioters how to escape from Hell had they caught them in order to save their own lives, as they mentioned that they would tell them where the secret lair was when they thought Goku and Pikkon were with Cell and his rebels.
Video game appearances
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku
- Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans
- Jose Luis Castañeda provides the voice of Goz in the Latin American Dub, except in the episode "Warriors of the Dead" when Cell and his fellow villain rioters wreak havoc in Hell. This is probably because Castañeda also voiced King Cold and Burter and both appeared in that same episode. That would make him the third character in the same scene so the change may have been intentional.