"The iconic wasteland in which Goku and Vegeta did battle for the first time. It is scattered with towering rock pillars, and no residences can be found anywhere across its arid landscape."
Video Game Appearances
- Dragon Ball Z
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Buyū Retsuden
- Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu
- Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle
- Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout
- Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
- Dragon Ball Online
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden
- Dragon Ball Z For Kinect
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
In the Butōden series, it is called Rocky Area.
In Supersonic Warriors 2, it is called Wilderness.
Gizard Wasteland was named in Attack of the Saiyans. Enemies encountered here in this game are C. Sai, Saibaman, Dark Condor, Fire Dinosaur, Bandit King, and Bandit Queen. Vegeta is the only boss character in this location in this game.
In Battle of Z it is called Mountains and in the Xenoverse series, it is called Mountains or Mountains (Night) if it’s night.
In FighterZ, it is called Rocky Field (Noon) or Rocky Field (Evening) depending on time of day.
In Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, it appears as a stage called Mountains and there is an alternate version of it called Mountains (Mechikabura's Ship Ver.) which features Mechikabura's ship.
In Kakarot, Gizard Wasteland is part of the the Central Plains Area of Earth. It also has a Z-Encyclopedia entry in the World section under Landmarks. In addition to being the site of Goku and Vegeta's first fight, Gizard Wasteland is also the site of the battle with Android 19 instead of the Southern Continent. Additionally previously Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo used Gizard Wasteland as a training ground during their preparations for the Android conflict. Additionally it is where Piccolo can find the rare Durasaurus in Sub Story: " Close Encounters of the Troublesome Kind".
- At the end of "A Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell Goku! Until We Meet Again!", Goku and Vegeta are shown facing off in their Super Saiyan Blue forms, using the exact same stances they used long ago during the Vegeta Saga, and fighting in a location presumed to be Gizard Wasteland.